Chapter 35

What is love?

Tiffany was finally back at school and with a lot of makeup work to do. It discouraged her that she had so much work to do, but with a little reassurance from Taeyeon, Tiffany didn’t mind it so much. The introvert girl did, after all, offer her help.

So, during lunchtime and after school, Tiffany and Taeyeon find themselves in the library studying and getting their work done, with Taeyeon occasionally looking over to Tiffany to see if the bright girl is doing the problem correctly.

“Hey, Tae. It’s telling me to look for the T-score right?” Tiffany asks as she points to the problem in the evil book. Tiffany has never really liked math. She wasn’t going to take math her last year at school, but with a little persuasion from her counselor, she ended up taking Statistics because it was ‘easy.’

Taeyeon stops whatever she’s doing and looks to where Tiffany has her finger on the lifted book. As she’s about to read the problem in the book, the said book is suddenly smacked towards Taeyeon’s direction, it's slammed against Taeyeon. Both girls are stunned, but Taeyeon’s the first to snap out of it once she lays her eyes on a certain brat.

“What the , Whitney.” The angered girl says as she stands from her seat to look at the retreating figure of the Britney. 

Britney’s smirk drops once she hears Taeyeon’s voice and she turns to the girl that just insulted her. “It’s Britney, .”

Taeyeon scoffs, “So what? Are you going to start dancing on a pole like a you are? I’m sure Paul wouldn’t mind joining Mark seeing the mediocre show.”

Britney is red, seething, embarrassed and looks as if she’s about to skin Taeyeon alive. “Shut the up you freak. The only reason why you think you can finally stand up to me is because you're Jessica’s . And if I were you, I wouldn’t be so proud of it.” The angered girl is in Taeyeon’s face by the time she’s done talking.

“ off, Britney.” Tiffany pushes Britney away once she finally manages to snap out of her previous stupor. 

“Oh, this just perfect. Now you can have a lesbian like the one you are.” Britney spits at Taeyeon.

“Girls!” A shriek comes from behind Taeyeon and Tiffany and they turn to the librarian, “What is with the screaming? You’re in a library.”

As if on cue, Britney sweetly smiles. “I’m sorry Mrs. Thomas. I guess we got a little carried away. You see I’m trying out for the debate team.” Mrs. Thomas buys the excuse and Taeyeon can’t help but scoff, “Two-faced .”

“Excuse me, young lady. What did you just say?” The librarian turns to Taeyeon. Britney, who’s now behind the older lady, sticks out her tongue and mockingly pulls on the edges of her eyes. Both girls are furious of the action, but they don’t voice it. They focus their attention on the librarian and how to get away with Taeyeon mumbling “two-faced ” to Britney.

Once Mrs. Thomas walks away, Tiffany faces Taeyeon. She’s surprised by the girl’s actions. Taeyeon doesn’t usually speak back, she dismisses, she isn’t Jessica. “What was that?” She asks the quiet girl who is picking up the book off the floor. 

“Did you see what she did?” Taeyeon can’t seem to brush off Whitney’s last actions before she left. It angers her.

“Britney’s an idiot and you know it.” Tiffany’s thrown off, by the way, Taeyeon’s acting.

“She’s a . And if she thinks she’s about to get away with this, then she thought wrong.” Taeyeon’s packing her things, upset that Britney got the upper hand. 

“Why are you suddenly so upset?” Tiffany holds down a paper that Taeyeon’s about to stuff into her backpack.

“Why aren’t you upset?” Taeyeon counters, “Did you not listen to what she said. She insulted us, Tiffany.”

“So what?!” 

“So what?!!”

“Girls!” Mrs. Thomas calls them out again and they lower their voices.

“I’m not about to let her get away with this.” Taeyeon hisses as she snatches the paper away from Tiffany and shoves it into her bag.

“Why are you acting like this? You're not like this. This is Jessica. You’d always say they’re not worth your time.” Tiffany stands in Taeyeon’s way.

“And they sure as hell are not worth my time, but if I don’t do something now, they’ll never leave me alone. Jessica at least has some sense in knowing how to keep these idiots at bay.” And with that, Taeyeon walks past a confused Tiffany.

Tiffany doesn’t know what to think about Taeyeon’s new behavior. What the hell happened while she was gone? What did Jessica do that got Taeyeon behaving like this? Tiffany wants answers, and she knows Taeyeon won’t be giving her any. So, she’s going to the next best person.

Jessica.

–––––

Lol. None of you caught it, but Taeyeon's dad went from Ty to David. I just reread the story. I'm so smart guys.

Next time: Tiffany's upset.

Oh, and thank you for the upvotes. It lets me know if I'm doing something right. So, I know I'm definitely doing something right.