Chapter 45

What is love?

Water slowly dripped from the faucet as Taeyeon stood before the mirror taking in big steady breaths to calm herself down. She could still feel the warmth of Tiffany’s body on her and the softness of those lips against her own. 
 
Everything had felt so damn good.
 
As Taeyeon’s heart beat slowed down, a knock on the door startled her. “Taeyeon, open up.” She recognizes the voice and debates with herself if she really wants to open the door or not. To let her in or to not let her in. But as the seconds tick by, she knows that if she doesn’t open the door, who’s to guarantee that the girl won’t be standing outside the door when she does decide to open the door? “Taeyeon.” There’s another knock, only a bit louder this time.
 
Inhaling deeply, Taeyeon walks to the door and opens it. The girl doesn’t think twice to step inside as the nervous girl closes the door once again. “Finally. I saw what happened... What the hell?!” Taeyeon sighs as she hugs herself. She can feel Jessica’s piercing eyes on her. 
 
“I know. I know!” The shorter girl exclaims frustratedly.
 
“I can’t believe–– You know what, actually, yeah, I should have seen this coming. You chickened out!!” Jessica’s screaming, she can’t believe the awkward girl would back out like that on her best friend.
 
“I freaked out!” 
 
“Of what? Cooties?” 
 
Taeyeon doesn’t respond, the color of her skin does as she feels an embarrassed blush crawl at her skin. “That was my first kiss.” It’s a mutter but the cold girl manages to hear it. 
 
“Okay… should have seen that one coming too.” Jessica speaks to herself, “So, what, she kisses you. You freak out because it’s your first kiss?” She tries to see the logic behind the awkward turtle's behavior. Gears are cranking inside her head even though she knows she shouldn’t be thinking too much about it.
 
“No! It's just…” Taeyeon tries to form coherent thoughts, “I just… I don’t want to screw it up for her. I mean, what if I don’t kiss her right? What if she doesn’t like the way I kiss! I just–I can’t–”
 
“Shut up.” And Taeyeon does.
 
The urge to groan and bang her head against the wall is strong for the cold girl. Of all the things that the awkward turtle had to be at this very moment, it had to be insecure. Jessica hated dealing with insecure girls. It annoyed her. But, she also thought it was kind of sweet that the inexperienced girl wanted to make things perfect for her best friend. And that was the only reason why she was still standing inside that small room.
 
“Your an idiot.” Taeyeon’s about to counter, but Jessica doesn’t let her, “It’s not rocket science. You don’t need anything to kiss someone, except for your mouth.” This time, as Jessica finishes speaking, Taeyeon doesn’t say anything. The embarrassed girl has her eyes glued to the floor and Jessica feels pity for her. “I can’t believe I’m about to say this.” Confused brown eyes meet a pair of cold ones. “I’ll teach you, but it never leaves this room.”
 
Taeyeon stands still, flabbergasted. “W-What?”
 
“Shhh.” Jessica’s thumb covers Taeyeon’s soft lips, “Don’t think.” The words come out soft as Jessica approaches the tense girl. “Don’t speak.” Her warm breath tickling Taeyeon’s lips, “Just feel.”
 
Noses softly touch for a second as the taller girl tilts her head. Her lips ghost over the frozen girls then brushes against them to test whether or not the shorter girl will push her away or not. With hooded eyes, she watches as Taeyeon’s eyes slowly close. A smirk forms on the cold girl's lips as she receives the green light from the latter. Jessica gently presses their mouths together, still testing if the girl will push her away, and when she doesn’t, she tenderly kisses the girl, barely tugging on the top lip as she pulls back, waiting for a second before kissing the girl again, but this time, firmer.
 
A smile almost forms on Jessica’s lips once she feels Taeyeon mimicking her actions, carefully tugging on her lips, reciprocating her movements. Breathing becomes labored as one of Jessica’s hands' cup the girl’s jaw, bringing her in closer, letting Taeyeon’s body crash onto her own. She softly nips at the awkward girl’s bottom lip and slowly swipes her tongue against it, seeking for an entrance. 
 
Taeyeon gasps at the sensation, leaving her lips parted. A warm tongue invaded and meets her own, causing a stir in her already excited stomach as butterflies spread. Lips mesh together as the girl cautiously moves in sync with Jessica. Her back touches the door and Jessica presses onto her. Taeyeon feels high from the lack of oxygen once Jessica pulls away. Somehow, her hands have settled themselves on the cold girl’s hips. Too lost in the sensation of Jessica’s lips against her own, she didn’t even pay attention to where her hands had gripped. All she knew was that she wanted more of the other girl’s kisses once their tongues met.
 
If kissing Jessica left her in a haze, then how would it feel like to kiss Tiffany this way?
 
“And those are just some ways on how to kiss.” Jessica’s breathing is still labored as she speaks against her lips, leaving Taeyeon in a daze. Her hands cup Taeyeon’s jaw, guiding the girl’s line of vision to her eyes and away from her lips. “This never happened.” Her voice throaty and hoarse as she playfully bites the shorter girl’s bottom lip before motioning for the girl to step aside.
 
Snapping out of the little trance Jessica had her in, Taeyeon steps away from the cold girl. She watches as the other girl leaves the restroom. Her breathing is still labored as she turns back to the mirror before her. Dilated eyes meet as Taeyeon watches herself, trying her best to steady her breathing. “It never happened.” She tells herself.
 
“It never happened.”
 
–––––
 
Wide, scared eyes meet Taeyeon’s as she approaches Tiffany at the mini bar. 
 
“Taeyeon! I-I’m so sorry-” Tiffany doesn’t get to finish her sentence, not when Taeyeon cups her chin and pulls her in for a kiss. With Taeyeon’s newly found courage, she imitates what she had learned in the bathroom, tenderly kissing Tiffany. 
 
The surprised girl doesn’t waste a second to kiss Taeyeon back once her lips are met by the shorter girl’s, sighing into it. It was soft and slow, Tiffany setting the pace and controlling the movement once she snapped out of her stunned moment, with Taeyeon eagerly following her lead. The bright girl noticed as Taeyeon mirrored her motions, not scared to take things a bit further as tongues cautiously met. Tiffany couldn’t help but moan against the girl’s lips as her hands carefully placed themselves the other girl’s hips.
 
Tiffany was the first who pulled their lips from one another, a smile forming on her lips as she met brown eyes looking straight back at her, who’s mirroring her smile. And she sure as hell doesn’t fight the urge to wrap her arms around the shorter girl’s neck this time around as their foreheads meet against one another's.
 
––––
 
With the music long stopped, Taeyeon helps Tiffany get everyone out of the house, along with those too drunk to walk and those who are already passed out. The few that Tiffany knows to heart, she lets them stay in one of the guest room, hence Jessica, her cousin, and two others. Everyone else was gone and the mess looked like a nightmare, but Tiffany didn’t mind one bit, not when Taeyeon walking right next to her as they send off the last drunk person that was picked up by an angry parent.
 
“So….” It’s Taeyeon that speaks first. Not a word has been spoken between the two after Taeyeon kissed her at the mini-bar, including the ones that followed.
 
Tiffany laughs. Leave it to Taeyeon to make things awkward between the two after the night they just had. “How about I get us some water and something to eat so we don’t end up hung over the next day, and I’ll meet you in the living room right after so that we can talk?”
 
Taeyeon nods and walks in the said direction once they step foot inside the house again. With everyone now gone, silence meets the house once more. The four that stayed behind were all asleep in their appropriate rooms and that left the two girls with the house all to themselves.The short girl sinks into the couch as she waits for the other girl, and without a doubt, Taeyeon’s feeling a little nervous about their talk.
 
“Here.” Tiffany hands her a water bottle and sets a plate of sandwich bites between them as she sits down next to the girl. Nothing is said for awhile as they eat and drink their water in peace, and as usual, Tiffany’s the first to break the silence. “So what does that make us? Because last time I checked, kissing someone means you like them.”
 
Taeyeon swallows the bit of food in and doesn’t stop a blush from forming on her pale skin. “You know I’m not the greatest person when it comes down to relationships.”
 
“You're new to it, yes, but your attentive, caring, and you make me happy….” Taeyeon’s brown eyes meet Tiffany’s, “Those are great qualities to have in one, Tae.”
 
“I could say same.” The shorter girl smiles.
 
“And I know we have our differences, and let's not mention our little fights and arguments here and there.”
 
“But that’s what makes a healthy relationship right?”
 
“Yeah,” Tiffany chuckles lightly, “So, Tae, will you–”
 
“Wait!” With wide eyes, Taeyeon stops the girl before she can finish, “I want to say it.”
 
A sigh escapes Tiffany’s lips, she almost had a heart attack when Taeyeon stopped her, and she couldn’t resist rolling her eyes at the short girl. “I’m pretty sure you already know my answer to the question, Tae.”
 
“I still want to be the one to say it.”
 
Tiffany can’t stop smiling as she looks at the girl before her. “Okay,” She leans in a bit closer to Taeyeon, mere inches apart from each other, “Say it.” Her voice a whisper, knowing all too well what her proximity does to the other girl.
 
Taeyeon swallows the non-existing saliva in as her eyes travel down to Tiffany’s tempting lips. “It’s hard to think when you're this close.” Smiling eyes meet hers as she looks to those brown eyes she knows and loves so much. “I know.” Tiffany smugly replies and teases the girl by ghosting over her lips, “But there’s no need to think,” She feels Taeyeon lean in but she doesn’t let Taeyeon kiss her, “Just say it.” Taeyeon wants to so badly kiss Tiffany and hates the fact that the other girl is teasing her, “And I’ll be yours, like you, mine.” Their lips brush against each other lightly, and it takes Taeyeon all the forces in her to lean away from the teasing girl, cupping Tiffany's chin to let their eye meet. “Will you be my girlfriend?”
 
Tiffany can’t help but smile, “I told you, you already know my answer.” She leans down and quickly pecks Taeyeon’s lips before getting up and walking to the kitchen, not forgetting the plate she brought with her earlier.
 
Taeyeon stays there sitting on the couch for a second before she realizes what the hell just happened. “Wait! That wasn’t a real answer!” And she doesn’t get one, only laughter that strings at her heart.

––––

Next Chapter: The following morning