Chapter 30

What is love?

Tiffany walked up the stairs of the Kim’s house. She was stuffed. Her plan was to only eat two pancakes, but with a little persuasion on Mr. Kim’s part, Tiffany ended up eating four of them. Oh, how she was regretting it now. She felt like she was about to pop.

 

The door to Taeyeon’s room was left ajar when Tiffany stepped up to it. The sound of the shower running could be heard from the door as Tiffany stepped in. Tiffany looked at the other door in Taeyeon’s room, a soft yet powerful voice coming from it, and the bright girl couldn’t help but walk over to it 

 

‘Is that Taeyeon singing?’

 

Tiffany recognized the beat playing in the background. It was one of Ed Sheeran’s new songs, Shape of You. 

 

“Although my heart is falling too.” Tiffany closed her eyes as Taeyeon’s voice enticed her, “I’m in love with your body.” She feels herself leaning against the cool door, the steam of the heat coming from the other side touching her bare feet, “Last night you were in my room.” Tiffany could feel her heart pick up its beat. “And now my bed sheets smell like you.” 

 

A blush forms from the center of her chest and it crawls all the way to her face. What Taeyeon’s singing is so true. There’s nothing wrong with it, but Tiffany can’t help but pick up the innuendo. It’s almost as if Taeyeon’s trying to say something else but Tiffany knows that’s not the case, at least, that’s what she keep telling herself as she fights off any lewd thoughts from forming. 

 

“Everyday discovering something brand new.” Tiffany bites her bottom lip. She can almost picture it. Taeyeon’s body flushed against her self as the cool breath of Taeyeon forms goosebumps on her, making her quiver as Taeyeon slowly discovers her kinks. Soft whimpers leaving when she feels the short girl softly nip under her ear, taking Tiffany’s earlobe in and gently. “I’m in love with your body~”

 

Taeyeon sings the chorus, and Tiffany snaps out of her immodest thoughts. Her body goes rigid and she curses herself as she quickly walks over to Taeyeon’s bed and throws herself on it. She damns her creative mind as she feels so hot and bothered. She even curses Taeyeon for daring to sing that song while she’s here. Tiffany just can’t believe she let herself get that carried away. The bright girl promised herself she wouldn’t think of Taeyeon in that way. 

 

A groan escapes Tiffany’s lips as she grabs a pillow pulls it over her head and then curses herself again. Taeyeon’s scent wraps Tiffany’s like a snake does to its prey. Her first thought is to throw the pillow across the room but doesn’t move a muscle. She can’t help but take in Taeyeon’s scent. It smells like coconuts and vanilla, sweet sweet vanilla. 

 

“Are you seriously sleeping again?” Taeyeon’s voice catches Tiffany’s attention. The bright girl flips her body to see Taeyeon standing by the bathroom door clothed with a towel draped over her shoulders and her hair dripping over it.

 

“Why aren’t you in choir?”

 

Taeyeon’s taken aback from Tiffany’s question. She didn’t think she was singing that loud. “I…” She starts but it dies down. “I don’t like the attention.”

 

“But you can make it big with that voice. You’re a powerhouse.” Tiffany sits up on the bed, pulling the pillow down to her lap.

 

“Again, I don’t like the attention. I like my private life.” Taeyeon says as she towel dries her hair and sits on her desk chair.

 

Tiffany almost gives up the argument. “You could be like Sia. She doesn’t expose her identity and she’s still able to keep her privacy.”

 

“My parents wouldn’t allow it.” Taeyeon counters.

 

“That’s bull and you know it. I’m sure your mom would be thrilled about it, and your dad can be convinced.” Tiffany persists.

 

Taeyeon sighs, but she doesn’t give in. “Where were you?” She changes the subject.

 

Tiffany glares at the shorter girl. “Downstairs eating with your mom and dad, now stop trying to change the subject.”

 

Taeyeon groans. “Tiffany.” She whines.

 

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany mimics her.

 

“No! I don’t like the attention, and I’d never make it. It would take a miracle for me to make it that big. The chances of that happening are one in millions.”

 

Tiffany lets out a defeated sigh. “Your mom told me to tell you that your food is getting cold.” Taeyeon may have won this round, but this is so not over. Taeyeon has an amazing voice and she thinks that everyone would appreciate hearing it. Tiffany knows Taeyeon can make it big, she’s just being pessimistic about it. Taeyeon’s usually like that.

 

––––

Next Chapter: Taeyeon spends Christmas with her dad's side of the family