Chapter 41

What is love?

Tiffany was sitting at her the usual table that she sat with Taeyeon during lunch. Her foot swayed side to side as she waited for two certain girls to show up after she texted them that she wanted to talk. They agreed with her that they’d show up as soon as the bell rung. Unfortunately for the two girls, Tiffany managed to find out about what happened to Britney’s house from Britney herself when she confronted the bright girl and blamed the “lesbian ” and her “mistress.” Oh, how Tiffany’s blood boiled at the thought that anyone, especially Britney, would call her two closest friends such distasteful names. 

“Hey, sorry, I tried to get here as soon a possible, but my teacher wanted to talk to me,” Taeyeon said as she sat directly in front of the upset girl. Taeyeon noticed Tiffany’s foul mood and decided that it’d be best if she didn’t sit near the girl, keep a safe distance away. 

Tiffany hummed in response, waiting for the other girl to show up.

Taeyeon knew from the silent treatment she was receiving that Tiffany already knew about what happened yesterday night, and she sure as hell wasn’t going to start anything until Jessica got here. She’ll make sure Jessica gets Tiffany’s wrath along with her. No way is she confronting the upset girl alone.

“Hey,” Jessica casually approached them and sat next to Taeyeon, “What’s up? You wanted to talk?” She knew what Tiffany was about to ask, and she made no effort to show that yesterday’s actions were eating at her conscious because they really weren’t.

“Which one?” Tiffany demanded from the two but they looked at her with lost eyes, “Which one of you tagged her house?” Her voice was disturbingly calm and collected.

“Who’s house?” Jessica played dumb.

“I’m not an idiot Jessica. I know it was either of you that tagged on Britney’s house last night. Britney confronted me about it, and I swear if it weren’t for the fact that you two are my friends, I would have single handily given you to her and you’d both be facing the consequences of your actions!”  Tiffany snapped.

“Woah there,” Taeyeon put her hands up defensively, “Okay, I was nowhere near her house last night okay? Although I’m going to admit that the deserved it, I had no involvement with it whatsoever.”

“And I agree with Taeyeon on that, deserved it. But-” Jessica held a finger as soon as she saw Tiffany was about to interrupt her, “I’m going to tell you what I told my dad and the officer that confronted me. I was with Taeyeon studying for my calculus exam that’s coming up.” Taeyeon nodded and shrugged at the least of Jessica’s words.

“She was with you.” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and the short girl nodded. 

“Yeah, a cop showed up at my house to confirm that she was there. My mom was there too.”

Tiffany sighed as she ran a hand through her locks, “I’m sorry. That was totally inconsiderate of me.”

“No harm was done. I mean I would have thought the same thing. Jessica and I do have history with her.” Taeyeon nudged Jessica when Tiffany wasn’t looking.

“Yeah, Tiff. Taeyeon’s right.” She glared at the awkward turtle, “It’s alright. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m starving.”

Just as Jessica got up to get lunch, Taeyeon said that she was going to get lunch too since the bright girl already had her own lunch. Tiffany nodded and picked on her food, it made the guilt coil tightly in Taeyeon’s stomach. She didn’t like doing this to Tiffany.

As Taeyeon approached the lunch line, she spotted Jessica cutting someone in line. She waited for the girl to get her lunch first before approaching her. Jessica was talking to a familiar blonde that Taeyeon’s had the displeasure of confronting once before when Tiffany wasn’t in school for the longest time. If she remembers correctly, it’s the same girl from her sixth period, Mr. Banner’s class. What did Mr. Banner call her again, Ms. Bradley or something?

“Jessica.” 

Jessica turned at her name and frowned at the sight of the awkward turtle. “Can you take my lunch Riley, please. I’ll catch up with you in a minute.” Riley didn’t say much as she glared at the short girl. She didn’t like Taeyeon whatsoever.

“Riley, please.” Jessica pulled Riley’s attention to her as she handed her tray to the girl.

“Okay.” She said as if she didn't have any other choice.

“What do you want to talk about?” Jessica lowered her voice, making sure no one could hear in on their conversation.

“I just wanted to let you know not to drag me into this kind of stuff next time, especially when it involves lying to Tiffany.”

The ice queen wanted to shut the annoying girl up but nodded instead. The girl had deemed herself useful, but she was a pawn not to deal with on a regular basis due to her unpredictability. Taeyeon, if wanted, could rat her out at any moment, and she won’t test the waters out any longer to know how long Taeyeon’s patience runs with her.

“Okay, fine.”

Taeyeon nods and then walks away.

“Taeyeon.”

The shorter girl stops walking and turns back to Jessica.

“Thank you.”

Taeyeon gives a weak smile before she walks off to the lunch lines.

–––––

I kind of just wanted to get this chapter out of the way, 

This chapter just shows that Taeyeon didn't go back on her word, but she let Jessica know that she's not okay with it. It's just showing that Taeyeon kind of drew a line for Jessica and Jessica's now going to respect it due to fear of what Taeyeon might tell Tiffany about Jessica's involvements in a lot of things that Tiffany doesn't know about.