Chapter 19

What is love?

*Spoiler Alert*

If any of you haven't seen The Passenger and are still going to watch the movie, then I just want you to know that there are spoilers to the movie in this chapter. Read at your own risk.

 

Other than that, Happy New Years guys!

Enjoy!!!

 

–––––

 

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon talking but avoided any conversation that had to do with Taeyeon’s reason to why she avoided Tiffany and the fact that Danny assaulted Taeyeon. Mrs. Kim came into her house to find a pleasant surprise and Mr. Kim looked just as happy seeing his daughter smile.

 

Time ticked and Sunday came by. Taeyeon and Tiffany made plans to see a movie. After a lot of convincing, they managed to get Mrs. Kim to let them go–– more like let Taeyeon go. Tiffany drove, and Taeyeon promised she wouldn't over-exert herself.

 

It had been a long time since Tiffany last went to the movies. With Taeyeon avoiding her and her mother’s death, Tiffany really didn’t go out anywhere. Her mood plummeted, but with Taeyeon by her side as they watched the new movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, Tiffany could feel that warmth again. She liked– loved having the girl around. She couldn’t help but notice the small things Taeyeon would do while watching the movie, like scrunching her nose when the overly cheesy parts of the movie came up, or when she's got so absorbed whenever Lawrence or Pratt would come up on the screen looking too damn attractive for their own good.

 

Tiffany’s eyes go back to the screen once she notices that she’s been staring too long and recalls when she just started noticing her feelings for Taeyeon, back when she invited her to have ice cream at Dairy Queen. She remembers how she brushed it off right afterward, telling herself that it was just friendly feelings but that didn’t last long. Not after she hung out with Jessica a few times did she started to see the difference between the way she felt for her best friend and Taeyeon did she realize that she actually had a crush on Taeyeon. It wasn’t hard to depict a friendship from a crush, and Tiffany was definitely having feelings for Taeyeon in that way. She remembers it all so clearly, the way the butterflies formed when she’d manage to get a hold of Taeyeon’s hand as she dragged her into the store that one time or how Taeyeon would smile at her and all of a sudden she felt like mush, a gooey type of mush.

 

Tiffany, who was so absorbed in her own memories, didn’t realize that Taeyeon suddenly leaned towards her, making their shoulders touch. It wasn’t until Taeyeon’s warmth started to radiate to her that she started to feel those tingles once more. She cursed herself when she felt a blush come up and hoped it didn’t show.

 

As the movie ended, they waited for the majority of people to shuffle out of the theater first before they got out of their seats and followed.

 

“I want my money back,” Taeyeon says as they step out the doors of the theater.

 

“What?” Tiffany looks at the shorter girl as they walk down the hall to the main lobby, “I thought it was a good movie.” Sure, she didn’t really see most of the movie since she was too busy paying attention to Taeyeon half of the time, but from what she saw, it was a good movie.

 

“Are you kidding me? It was so predictable. The moment she saw the video her friend left her about not letting that one guy get away, I already knew she was going to stay with him. Like seriously, throughout the entire movie you could predict what was going to happen.” Taeyeon then starts to point out all of the obvious parts, “Him waking her up, him lying and her finding out through the cyborg, her saving his and not being able to reach the wire at first, him coming back to life, and her staying with him. Predictable.”

 

Tiffany laughs as her eyes roll at Taeyeon’s mini rant. “Oh please, if I remember correctly, in which I am positive my brain’s retention works just fine, you couldn’t take your eyes off the screen for one damn second.”

 

Taeyeon mocks being hurt, “How could I not? I mean, this is Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt we’re talking about! Have you seen how hot they are?”

 

Tiffany laughs once more. “Oh my god, you !” Tiffany nudges Taeyeon and Taeyeon sticks her tongue out at her.

 

“Oh please! Don’t tell me you weren’t ogling them half of the time.”

 

Tiffany blushes at the comment, not because of what Taeyeon said, that’s half true, but because her attention was on the said girl throughout most of the movie.

 

“That’s what I thought.” Taeyeon mumbles and Tiffany let’s her believe that’s truly the reason why she’s actually blushing.