Chapter 47

What is love?

Laughter resonated through the silent breeze of air. The girl who fell, playfully glared at her girlfriend as she got up off the sand and walked over to the picnic blanket. “You guys make it look so easy,” Taeyeon mutters as she sits beside a laughing Tiffany. “Ok, I get it. I made an out of myself.”
 
Tiffany tries her best to suppress the urge to laugh harder at Taeyeon’s antics. She wipes away the tears that formed at the corners of her eyes, soft chuckles still erupting from her chest as she leans in close to Taeyeon and kisses the girl before getting up to show the girl how it’s done. “Nice try babe but let the pro handle it.”
 
Taeyeon lets out a snort, a warmth spreading through her chest and a small blush sweeping across her face as she watches Tiffany walk away from her, admiring the way the bright girl’s hips sway. With one swift motion, Tiffany does a flip and lands on the sand with a split, smiling all too confidently for Taeyeon’s ego, “And that is how you do a front flip, with a little extra,” adding a playful wink at the end. 
 
The Laguna Beach was fairly empty due to the fact that it was a weekday. 
School wasn’t in session for some unknown reason that the two didn’t care to look into. Taeyeon decided to ask Tiffany if she wanted to have a picnic at the beach as their first date, and the bright girl didn’t hesitate to say yes. The awkward girl told her girlfriend not to worry about what to bring along with her since she’d take care of everything, and she did with a little help from her mom. Sarah was ecstatic once she learned that the two were finally a couple and was eager to give Taeyeon tips and pointers of what to do on the date. Taeyeon thought it was a little awkward and weird that her mom was a little over enthusiastic about her first official date with the bright girl.
 
Picking up a chocolate dipped strawberry from one of the containers, Taeyeon takes a bite as she watches her girlfriend get up off the sand. Tiffany’s eyes are glued onto her and the look her girlfriend is giving her makes the quiet girl stop mid-bite into the strawberry. 
 
Bottom lip is slowly bitten as Tiffany decides to slowly crawl to her girlfriend once she’s reached the picnic blanket, finding the way Taeyeon is casually sitting on the blanket with a knee bent up and a strawberry in makes her feel aroused by the site, cute but y. Bit by bit, she leans into the stunned girl’s space, taking the hand from the red berry away from the girl’s mouth, faces inches apart as Tiffany gently takes a bite from the other half of the berry that is sticking out of Taeyeon's mouth. 
 
Taeyeon’s brain short circuits once Tiffany leans away from her and moans, “God, I need to know what chocolate your mom uses because this is the bomb.” The bright girl’s voice snapping Taeyeon out of her lucid state and she gulps without thinking, “My mouth just had an .” The once stunned girl chokes, face red, as Tiffany is startled by Taeyeon's coughs. “God, Tae are you okay?”
 
Taeyeon nods as she feels Tiffany softly pat and rubs her back. “I’m fine.” She wheezes.
 
Tiffany phone starts to ring and the girl looks at her phone for a split second before turning her attention back to her girlfriend. “You sure?” Taeyeon picks up on the worried girl’s tone of voice and reassures her. “Yeah.” Warily, Tiffany looks at her for another second before quickly answering the phone without looking at the Caller ID.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Tiffany.”
 
Recognizing the voice, the said girl beams, “Oh, hi daddy!”
 
“Sweetheart, where are you?” Her dad sounded worried.
 
“I’m at the beach with Tae. Did you not see my text message?” She assures her dad.
 
“At the beach?” Mr. Hwang’s confused, “Hold on.” 
 
Tiffany was about to explain, but she shuts as soon as she opened it. She hears rumbling on the other side of the line and feels Taeyeon’s questioning eyes on her. She smiles to let the other girl that everything is alright and the other girl returns the gesture. Her eyes stay on Taeyeon as she watches the petite girl pull her sweater off, letting Taeyeon’s lean figure show through the snug gray shirt she wears. Something gold catches her eyes, and before Tiffany could ask, her dad cuts her off on the other end. 
 
“Oh, Okay. So… you’re with Taeyeon?”
 
“Mmhmm.” She puts the line on speaker, “Say Hi Tae.”
 
“Hi, Mr. Hwang.” Taeyeon doesn’t think twice to do what she’s told. She can’t help but relish the cool breeze that is brushing over her heated skin.
 
“Hello, Taeyeon.” He manages to say before Tiffany cuts the line off 
speaker and puts her phone back onto her ear. She knows her dad is just checking up on her. “I tried calling you but you didn’t pick up. Did you have a meeting?”
 
“Yes, I was in a meeting about the usual. You know, expanding 
business over to the Caribbean and other locals.”
 
“Sounds fun dad.” Her voice oozed sarcasm.
 
Mr. Hwang chuckled. “So I’ll see you at home? I ––he clears his throat–– need to talk to you.”
 
Tiffany notices the change of tone in her dad’s voice at the end. “Sure, I uh-- okay dad.”
 
“Good-bye sweetheart. Have fun.”
 
“Bye, dad.” She ends the call awkwardly, noticing how toward the end her dad sounded as if he has strained to say the last bit of words.
 
“Everything alright?” Taeyeon, who’s eating another strawberry, asks. She picked up on the awkward atmosphere that had occurred between Tiffany and her dad, her being an expert in making conversation’s awkward. 
 
“Yeah.” Tiffany decides not to worry about what had just concurred and she smiles. “Babe,” She recalls a shiny golden object on her girlfriend’s neck, “when did you get this?” She asks as her 
hand picks the tiny four leaf clover away from the white gold moon she gave to Taeyeon.
 
“Huh?” She looks down to what Tiffany’s holding and then realizes what she’s asking about. “Oh, Jessica gave it to me the night of my birthday party. Little er actually works.” A small smile spread on her lips as she recalls the events of that night and how Tiffany became her girlfriend. “Thanks by the way.”
 
Tiffany’s taken aback. Jessica gave it to her? “Uh.. you’re– wait, why are you thanking me?” She didn’t catch onto the sarcasm at the end of Taeyeon’s mutters.
 
Taeyeon dryly laughs, “For telling her about my birthday? You have no idea how awkward it was to receive the gift after I said that didn’t want any.”
 
“She gave you a gift?” The confused girl was still trying to wrap her head around the fact that Jessica had given Taeyeon a gift, for her birthday. 
 
“Yea-ah….” Taeyeon was trying to understand why Tiffany seemed so surprised.
 
“Oh…” The bright girl couldn’t process the fact that Jessica actually gave her girlfriend a gift when the cold girl can barely remember to give Tiffany one.
 
“Am I missing something?”
 
Tiffany blinked, her eyes meeting Taeyeon’s confused ones and she forced a smile. “No, I was just thinking.” She tries to sound casual.
 
“Are you sure–” Taeyeon’s cut off by the feeling of Tiffany’s warm lips on her. It’s a quick kiss, something to keeps Taeyeon’s mind from over thinking once Tiffany pulls away and beams at the girl. “Now, are you going to keep questioning about something that has no reason to be questioned, or am I going to have to steal my strawberries from you like I just did not too long ago.” She finished off in a husky voice, knowing all too well what it does to Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon didn’t think twice to drop the subject, her hand fumbled a strawberry and placed it in between her lips, smiling all too innocently, “Steal away.”
 
Tiffany chuckled at the cute antics of Taeyeon as she leaned in to ‘steal’ her half of the berry from her girlfriend.
 
 
–––––
 
The blades on the ceiling fan spun slowly as the girl on the bed sighed, inhaling the intoxicating sweet scent of a certain awkward turtle's blue, Nightmare Before Christmas, sweater. It was that same scent she smelled on the girl when she had the girl pinned against the bathroom door. She remembers how easily the girl’s body molded into hers and how the shorter girl gasped when slick warm tongues met. Jessica bit her bottom lip at the memory, her nose burying itself deeper into the sweater, letting the memories make her heart beat erratically as a blush slowly crawls from the center of her chest to the tips of her cheeks. 
 
A frustrated sigh leaves her lips as she recalls the way those dull brown eyes looked at her with such lust, with such want. It was almost as if Taeyeon only saw her, only wanted her. She's never seen eyes looking at her like that, such innocent eyes looking at her as if she were to be unreached, untouchable. 
 
Jessica knows she’s drop-dead gorgeous. She’s seen how guys look at her, heard what guys say about her, but none of them made her feel like what that damn awkward turtle did that night, even her ex never made her feel that way, so aroused by just one look. 
 
She liked it.
 
She liked the feeling of being the one to lead, liked the feeling of leaning her body into the soft curves of Taeyeon’s, liked the way Taeyeon let her have her way and how easily she towered over the awkward girl (even though it was only by two inches). 
 
How she wished she could have kept kissing those thin rosy lips, molding and softly nipping at them with such want. She could still feel them against her lips, feel the way Taeyeon’s hands slowly s their way to her hips. She would have let them do more. She would have let them slip under her tank top, not stop them like she did with her ex or like the rest. How was is it that she wouldn’t let any idiot get in her pants, but the moment she thinks about the awkward turtle, she doesn’t mind the thought of letting hands touch forbidden places. If only… if only she wasn’t–
 
Tiffany….
 
Her heart stops and aches, scared of the thoughts that have crossed her mind as she tries her best to yank off the hoodie that now stings her skin to the touch.
 
NO!
 
She throws the hoodie to the other side of the room, and it drops to the floor with a soft thump
 
NOT TIFFANY!
 
Her hands frustratedly run through her long locks. 
 
Tiffany’s her best friend.
 
Her eyes squeeze shut as she repeats it in her mind. Soft, duo brown eyes slowly burn into her eyelids, engraving themselves into the back of her mind as tears form at the edges and slowly fall down the sides of her cheeks. 
 
“I’m such an idiot.”

––––

Answers to some of your questions-----

Why is Tiffany's dad acting odd? –––– You'll find out in the next chapter.

Why can't Tiffany wrap her head around the fact that Jessica gave Taeyeon a gift? ––––– Simple, Jessica doesn't give gifts, she hates the fact of having to choose something that the other person might not like, so why go through the trouble. Also, Tiffany only told Jessica that she was throwing Taeyeon a birthday party at her house and to show up. Never, and I mean never, did she tell Jessica to get Taeyeon a gift, hence to the confusion and awkwardness on Tiffany's part.

Is Taeyeon oblivious to the fact that Tiffany realized that Tiffany didn't tell Jessica to get her a gift? –––– Yeah, she has no clue.

Where did Jessica get the hoodie? –––– Back in chapter what? 40? When Jessica tells her if she can borrow a hoodie or something like that. So, yeah, she kept it.

 

Any other questions? Don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and comments are very much appreciated and thank you to those who upvoted. I'm glad you're liking the story so far.

Next Chapter: Mr. Hwang and Tiffany talk and some other stuff.