Chapter 25

What is love?

“Please Tae~” Tiffany coos as she pokes at the girl's arm across from her.

 

“Why can’t you buy it?” Taeyeon ignores Tiffany’s cute pout.

 

“I forgot my wallet and I really want a Jamba juice! It’s not every day they sell them.” Tiffany says as she points over to the gazebo where a group of students' are fundraising.

 

“You always forget your wallet.” Taeyeon counters. She has a feeling that Tiffany does it on purpose.

 

“And you know I’m forgetful in the mornings! Please~ They’re going to run out of the Orangeberry one~” She persists as she softly tucks on Taeyeon’s sweater, making the girl groan. Taeyeon takes out her wallet as a sign of defeat. She actually doesn’t mind buying the other girl whatever she wants. People passing by might mistaken Taeyeon’s expression as one of annoyance, but Taeyeon’s far from annoyed. She likes the attention she receives from the other girl. She just puts up a facade to keep others from noticing.

 

“Thank you! I’ll pay you back!” Tiffany squeals as Taeyeon hands her a five dollar bill.

 

“Whatever,” Taeyeon mumbles as she puts her wallet away and takes her hot chocolate back into her hand.  “You know you’re spoiling her.” A familiar voice pulls Taeyeon’s attention away from the bubbly girl who is waiting in line to get her frozen juice, and Taeyeon shrugs in response as she sips from her sweet drink.

 

Jessica glances at her best friend before she takes a seat across from Taeyeon. “I can’t blame you really. I like this Tiffany better.”

 

Taeyeon bites down on her foam cup as she recalls the weeks when she and Tiffany didn’t speak to one another. Tiffany was so depressed, and it wasn’t just because of her. “Well, since you’re not much of a talker, I’ll get straight to the point before she gets back.” Taeyeon doesn’t say anything except nod.

 

“You’ve got balls.” Jessica deadpans, causing Taeyeon to choke on her drink. Jessica can’t help but smirk at the other girl reaction.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Taeyeon’s voice is soft and delicate much to Jessica’s annoyance. “You make a huge scene about me keeping you from her, and when I threaten you, you throw it back in my face. You’re quite the hypocritical midget.”

 

“You’re only two inches taller than me.” Taeyeon counters.

 

Jessica shrugs. “When are you going to tell her?” Taeyeon doesn’t say anything. She returns her attention to her hot chocolate. Jessica rolls her eyes at the introverted girl’s actions. “You tell me to tell everyone because you don’t care about what they say, but you’re too chicken to tell her about how you feel?”

 

“Why exactly are you telling me this?” Taeyeon ignores Jessica’s reasoning. She doesn’t owe Jessica anything.

 

Jessica looks behind her shoulder to see Tiffany paying for her drink. “You at least owe her an explanation.”

 

Taeyeon knows Tiffany talked to Jessica about how she ignored her. “You want me to tell her you threatened me?” Taeyeon knows her reply will anger the other girl.

 

“Tell her whatever you want.” Jessica’s voice is low, almost sounding as if she’s threatening Taeyeon.

 

“Jessie? Hey!” Tiffany interrupts the two as she sits next to her best friend.

 

Jessica smiles sweetly at her best friend, and Taeyeon can’t help but feel disturbed by it. “ Hey. Are you going to share that?” Jessica says casually. Tiffany, in response, hands over the juice to her best friend. “You can buy your own you know,” Tiffany says after Jessica takes a sip, pulling it away before the other girl can take any more of the drink that Taeyeon bought for her.

 

Jessica hums. “I got to go. I’ll see you later at my house.” She tells Tiffany before walking away back to her table.

 

Taeyeon watches as the cold girl walks away, walking as if she owns the school with a swing to her hips. “What were you two talking about before I got here?” Tiffany’s voice brings Taeyeon’s attention back to the girl before her. “Nothing much. Just about what happened at Dairy Queen.” Taeyeon lies. She doesn’t like lying to the girl, but it’s necessary.

 

“What about it?” Tiffany persists. She saw how angry Taeyeon looked when Jessica was speaking to her. She wants to know.

 

Taeyeon can’t help but smile. She knows how persistent the girl is. “It was nothing Tiffany. Don’t worry about it.” Tiffany keeps looking–glaring– at the shorter girl, hoping that it’ll make her break and spill the truth, but Taeyeon shrugs her off. “I seriously don’t get how you can drink that right now?”

 

“What? It’s good.” Tiffany gives up. If Taeyeon won’t say a thing, then she’ll try to make Jessica talk.

 

“It’s cold, and it’s cold out here.” Taeyeon reasons.

 

“I”m not weird!” Tiffany counters. She knows what Taeyeon’s thinking.


Taeyeon laughs. “I didn't say anything!”

 

––––––

This story wasn't supposed to be this long. Oh well, I'm sure there are only a few more chapters to go, maybe. I'll see how exactly I tie together the end of the story. Which reminds me, depending on my schedule, I might make a sequel to this. It'll take place eight years ahead when they've all got their own careers and stuff. And I also know how I want it to go. Sadly, a lot of you might not like the sequel.

Anyhow, next chapter: Tiffany's dad is home?