Chapter 1

What is love?

I forgot to say this earlier. 

But, Hello New readers! (And also my active ones) Welcome to this story! I hope you enjoy this experience with Taeyeon and Tiffany!

Appreciate any type of criticism and opinions of what you like about the story.

Thanks for reading!!

 

–––

 

“OK!” The teacher raised her voice in order to get her students’ attention as they loudly talked to one another, but her attempt didn’t fully succeed. “Tiffany!” She called out to her most talkative students’ in her class, and the said girl stopped talking in order to look to where her name was called.

 

Uh. Yes, Ms. Salcido?” Once the preppy girl’s eyes landed on the authoritative figure, she knew she was in trouble.

 

“Would you like to know how to properly conduct a current between two points through a book outside, or would you rather have me explain it to you on an experiment we’re supposed to execute today?”

 

Everyone’s mouths resembled ‘o’s as they looked at either Tiffany or their Physics teacher. “I’d like to stay and experiment Ms. Salcido.”

 

“Very well then,” Ms. Salcido proudly smiled as she looked at the other students, “Would anyone else like to take up my offer?” She looked around to get a response from anyone but received none. No one was willing to test the waters as they knew the end result of it.

 

And so, the physics teacher carried on with the class once she managed to seize a hold of her students’ attention. Everyone seemed to be paying attention to her as she explained the Ohm's Law to them. All except one student who was absently drawing on her notebook, giving sharp lines to the edges of her most favorite character from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.

 

The artistic girl, Taeyeon, paid no mind to her surroundings as her teacher spoke to the class. Taeyeon’s entire focus was on the character before her as she brought him to life. She already knew what Ms. Salcido was going on about as her father was a Physicist. The only difference between her teacher and him was the label, as he was called, “Professor.”

 

Professor Kim had taught the young Taeyeon at a young age all about Physics, and the advances in technology physics had contributed. So, Taeyeon paid no mind to her teacher as she went on about the supposed experiment they were to complete by the end of class.

 

“.... Taeyeon.” Pencil stopped touching paper once the young girl realized someone had called her name.

 

“John and Delilah.”

 

Her mind immediately registered what was happening once more names were called. They were being partnered up for the experiment. “Alright. You can sit next to your partners at the lab tables. Keep in mind that this is the first part of your project. After this, with time, you’ll all be able to construct your cars with my guidance.”

 

Cars? Project? Partners? Taeyeon couldn’t believe her ears. She was going to have to put up with some idiot who didn’t know what they were doing, but that’s not what irked her. Once she received the packet to the project, she found out that this would be a three-month long project, so that meant she had to put up with whoever it was for the next three months of her life.

 

She hoped her partner was at least be someone with a decent amount of knowledge or at least a quick learner.

 

On the other side of the room, Tiffany couldn’t help but dread the idea of having to partner up with one of the most socially awkward people on campus. Ms. Salcido was probably mad at her and thought it would be funny to partner them up. (A/N: Yeah, I kind of did.) With much dread, she slowly got up her seat as others quickly grouped up with their partners and sat at the lab tables. Her footsteps were heavy as she walked to the introverted girl who stared at the assignment packet.

 

Putting up her best smile, Tiffany cleared . “Hi, I’m-”

 

“Tiffany. I know. You’d have to live under a rock not to know who you are.” Taeyeon stopped looking at the packet before her and turned to the overly cheery girl.

 

Tiffany, on the other hand, felt bothered. She didn’t know how to feel about Taeyeon stating that everyone knowing her wasn’t new news. She knew people knew her. In fact, she’s been told before and she’s never had a problem meeting someone because they knew who she was. Hwang was a very well known girl because of cheer, and the fact that she was her year’s representative. Everyone knew her. She mostly always got princess or queen for homecoming. She, in other words, was the Queen bee of the school. But, the way Taeyeon said it, for some reason, made her upset. Of course, she wasn't going to let it show.

 

“I’m your partner for this project. Do you want to go sit at one of the lab tables?” Tiffany wasn’t going to let the nobody get to her.

 

“Where else would we sit.” With a sigh, Taeyeon gathered her things and got to one of the lab stations. She was quick to read the instructions and get on with the experiment. The introverted girl just wanted to get this whole project over with.

 

Tiffany thought the girl was rude. Sure, she herself wasn’t excited about being partnered up either, but at least she was showing an effort of being nice.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know how she was coming off to the girl, she’d been an only child, and has always been a one-woman army. She’s always tackled life situations by herself and no one has ever helped her with anything, except her parents, so why should she need it now?

 

“I uhm… You know this is supposed to be a partnered effort? Ms. Salcido is going to go around and see how we both contributed.” The bright girl felt awkward beyond belief. Everything about the other girl felt awkward.

 

The said awkward girl looked at Tiffany and sighed. “ These here are resistors.” She held up some wires with the small oval like things attached to it. “They’re what regulate the current and make sure these things,” She held up a LED, “Doesn’t get too much power. What you just learned about the Ohm’s Law is necessary to calculate how much of the resistance you need in order to power this.” She gestured to the materials before her. “If you want to help, then get the soldering iron and help me solder these two wires together.”

 

Tiffany wanted to say something to the other girl, and give her a piece of her mind, but instead, she swallowed her pride and did as Taeyeon said once she saw Ms. Salcido start going around to the other lab tables. When the older woman passed by their table, she was pleasantly surprised that the two girls had already completed the assignment, and told them to start planning for their car they would have to turn in within three months from now.

 

And so they did, at least, Taeyeon did and Tiffany stayed abnormally quiet next to her, trying her best to understand what it was that Taeyeon was doing.

 

–––

 

P.S.

There are more chapters