Chapter 21

What is love?

Tiffany didn’t leave Taeyeon’s side at school. She stuck by her every moment she could, listening to all of the hushed whispers going around, trying her best to comfort the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t dumb. She knew they were talking about her, probably pitying her in silence. This is exactly what she didn’t want to put up with. She used to be someone people would look at and would keep walking, and now…. now she’s someone everyone can’t keep their eyes off of. It’s irritating. Some of the students were even stupid enough to ask Taeyeon, but she denied it, Tiffany denied it, and even Jessica denied it. Taeyeon was grateful that the girl denied it, even though they weren’t on good terms.

 

The day ticked by fast as Tiffany sat in her desk waiting for the bell to ring. Everyone was handed a worksheet and Tiffany got done early, leaving her to play with her phone when a sudden text came in. It was Jessica. Tiffany didn’t think twice to open the message and read what it says.

 

Danny got arrested for shooting a cop. –Jessie

 

Her eyes widened in shock as she looked at her phone before she quickly replies.

 

When? – Tiff

 

Sometime last night. –Jessie

 

Tiffany lets out a huge sigh as she sinks into her desk out of relief. She can only imagine the look of relief on Taeyeon’s face. Her phone vibrates again and Tiffany takes a look.

 

You’re very welcome. –Jessie

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes.

 

Thank you!!! I owe you one. – Tiff

 

You owe me several, but yeah, okay. – Jessie.

 

Tiffany smiles at her best friend’s response. She knows the other girl is just looking out for her. The bell rings, making Tiffany almost jump out of her seat and she suddenly realizes that school’s over. With an excited grin on her face, Tiffany quickly leaves her classroom, to her car. Tiffany and Taeyeon came to an agreement that Tiffany would be driving her to school this entire week and then Taeyeon can drive the next so that it won’t look so suspicious. She doesn’t want the blonde girl to exert herself just yet, and Taeyeon had to reluctantly agree with her after Mrs. Kim said she couldn’t drive just yet.

 

The bright girl bounced on her feet as she leaned against her car. She knows Taeyeon will be more than comforted by the fact that Danny won’t be anywhere near her for a long time. Shooting a cop is a definite, “your is going to prison” felony.

 

“Should I be worried that you finally lost your mind?” Taeyeon’s voice cuts Tiffany’s thoughts, and the bright girl playfully punched Taeyeon’s arm. “I’m just happy you jerk. Is it a crime?” Taeyeon exaggerates a wince as she rubs the spot where Tiffany punched her. “It should be,” Taeyeon mumbled, earning a pout from the other girl. “I have good news. I don’t know if I even want to tell you anymore you .”

 

Taeyeon laughs. “Alright.” She rolls her eyes, “I’m sorry. Can you tell me what had you smiling like a creep who won the lotto?” Tiffany glares at the grinning girl before she crosses her arms with a sigh in defeat. “Danny got arrested for shooting a cop last night.” Tiffany doesn’t beat around the bush this time, she charges at the problem head on this time.

 

Taeyeon’s grin disappears the moment the words leave Tiffany’s mouth, letting the sudden news sink in, and causing the bright girl to look at her worriedly after she stays looking Tiffany like a deer who’s paralyzed in the middle of the road watching the growing headlights.  

 

“Tae?”

 

The shorter girl blinks and slowly walks to the car in order to support her weight on it. The news hits her hard. “Arrested.” Her voice almost comes off as a whisper.

 

“Yeah,” Tiffany grabs onto Taeyeon by the shoulder after she sees that the girl is having a hard time trying to stay standing. “He’s going to be in prison for a very long time Tae.” Taeyeon lets out a weary exhale, letting the formed tears fall.

 

“Tae.” Tiffany croaks as she watches tears fall down the girl she deeply cares. She grabs the girl and pulls herself, both bodies flush against the other as Tiffany takes in Taeyeon's scent, rubbing small circles on the girls back to comfort her. “It’s going to be okay.”

 

“I know.” Taeyeon mumbles into Tiffany’s sweater, “I’m just… just relieved.”

 

Tiffany smiles as she lets go of the girl. “ You’re going to be okay. He won’t hurt you. I promised. Remember? ”


Taeyeon laughs. “Yeah, you did.” A prominent grin now etched on her, “ You did.”