Chapter 37

What is love?

There were murmurs, hot juicy gossip, going on throughout the entire school, and it was all about a certain bratty, auburn hair girl. Tiffany was eating lunch with Taeyeon, a frown deeply embedded on her face, she was upset with the girl in front of her. Taeyeon, on the other hand, was sporting a full blown smug grin, she knows Tiffany’s upset with her, but she can’t help but feel proud, proud that she’s finally shown Whitney not to mess with her.

Students all around them are talking about what happened to Britney. Some are pointing to Taeyeon as they talk about what happened the night before.

Jessica, who just heard about what happened with that Whitney , is smiling as she carries her lunch to the table where her sulking best friend is sitting. She’s proud of how far Taeyeon’s come so far. Taeyeon’s definitely proved herself to Jessica. Taking care of Whitney is the deal breaker. She doesn’t doubt that the annoying girl won’t show her face for the next week or so. The brunette sets her tray on the wooden table and the other two girls look at her as she sits.

“I heard.” She smiles all too knowingly at Taeyeon and the short girl just shrugs, a small smile slowly forming on her lips as she continues to eat. “How did you manage to get Paul to agree though?”

Taeyeon can feel Tiffany’s disapproving eyes on her, but she ignores it. “Fifty bucks and I promised him that he’ll at least get a passing grade in both government and lit. He’s not walking without passing those two classes.”

Jessica lifted a sculpted eyebrow at the girl, processing what she had just said.”That idiot would be failing those two classes.” It was no shocker that Paul’s interest was in a certain auburn girl’s pants, and he got away with it too, with fifty bucks.

Jessica unlocked her phone and opened her messages, pulling up a video that was sent to her. “She’s definitely not showing her face. I give it a week.”

“Two.”  Taeyeon countered.

Jessica smiled. “Is that a bet?”

Taeyeon stuck out her hand. “Twenty bucks it’s at least two weeks.”

Jessica laughed. “Deal.” She shook on it.

“Is this all seriously just a joke to you guys?” The two smiling girls look to the upset Tiffany. Tiffany just can’t believe their behavior, actually with Jessica she can, but Taeyeon? She still can’t believe that her Taeyeon would do such a thing!

“She had it coming, Tiff.” Jessica defended her actions.

Taeyeon nodded, agreeing with the cold girl. “She shouldn’t be dating a guy and be flirting with another, who happens to be his best friend.”

Tiffany shakes her head, she just can’t believe this. “I’m done. Don’t…. I just… I’m done with the both of you.” The upset girl gets up from the table and leaves with her belongings.

Taeyeon can’t help but feel guilty that Tiffany’s this upset with her. A nagging feeling screams at her to get up and follow the other girl. “Don’t.” Jessica’s hand stops her from going after the upset girl, and Taeyeon’s annoyed that Jessica would stop her. “Just leave her be. She’ll get over it. Give it time.” The short girl doesn’t take Jessica’s advice, for some reason she feels like if she doesn’t go after Tiffany, then she might just lose her.

“Tiffany,” Taeyeon shouts after Tiffany. She quickens her pace as Tiffany turns the corner, heading towards the library. “Tiffany, wait!” Her pace speeds up and she breaks into a jog. “Tiffany.” Taeyeon grabs Tiffany’s arm and her stomach coils at the sight of Tiffany’s tear brimmed eyes. “What’s wrong?” The short girl is genuinely confused about why Tiffany has tears in her eyes.

Tiffany stares at those same eyes that once held malice and a mischievous glint, now filled with that innocence, confused to why she’s so upset with her. Those are the eyes Tiffany’s longed for this past week. 

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon reaches out for Tiffany’s hand but the other girl takes a step back. Tiffany can see the hurt she’s caused but she won’t give into it, not until she has her Taeyeon back. “It’s not me who you should be apologizing to.”

The muscles in Taeyeon’s jaw tense as she clenches and unclenches them. “She deserved it, Tiffany.”

“Deserves? Does she deserve to be humiliated by the entire school for slapping a textbook to you? She’s a bully Taeyeon, and you’re no better than her for having that video spread throughout the entire school!” Tiffany reasons.

Taeyeon won’t listen. She knows she’s right. She did nothing wrong. Britney deserved what was coming to her. “Then how would have you settled it? She wasn’t going to leave me alone anytime soon Tiffany.”

“We could have told Mr. Reller or someone–”

“And get a slap on the wrist? That’s all she’d ever get. The moment she found out that we tattled on her, it would only get worse. Someone had to knock her down a peg or two.”

“And that someone’s not you!” Tiffany’s seething. She doesn’t know why she can’t get through to Taeyeon.

“I can take care of myself, Tiffany!” Taeyeon doesn’t understand why Tiffany is acting like this. She did nothing wrong!

“I know you can!” Tiffany throws back, “But having Paul record her while she was giving head to him and say those things to her was not taking care of yourself Taeyeon!” Taeyeon shakes her head, “No, listen to me Taeyeon.” She cups Taeyeon’s face in her hands, soft brown eyes meeting defiant brown eyes. “You’re not Jessica. I don’t need another one of Jessica’s followers. If I really wanted one then I’d be close friends with Riley. I don’t need fake friends Taeyeon. I didn’t fall for-” Tiffany stops once she realizes what she was about to say.

Taeyeon blinks thrice, “You…”

Tiffany lets go of Taeyeon. It pains her to see Taeyeon being influenced by Jessica, and it pains her more to have to say this to her, “Just… Don’t talk to me until you’ve cleaned up this mess that you’ve created.”

Taeyeon’s taken aback, “Tiffany.”

“Please Taeyeon.” Tiffany gives her a pleading look, “If you won’t do this for me, then do it for yourself.” She gives the shorter girl a sad smile, “This isn’t you.” And with that, Tiffany walks away.

Taeyeon watches Tiffany’s retreating figure as the five-minute bell sounds.

––––

*Gasp* Tiffany almost confessed! Lol.

Next Chapter: Taeyeon reflects on Tiffany's words. Does she listen to her?

I know some of you guys want longer chapters, so I'll be real with you guys. Longer chapters take up more of my time, time I'm limited to right now. I'm also not going to force myself to write. This is something I like doing when inspiration hits me. You know, there's something called life, and that tends to keep you occupied. Like, an example, if my friends ask to meet up or they want to go out to the bar or something, I will. I've learned that life's too short to always be stuck behind the computer. What I'm trying to say guys is that if you had the chance to hang out with a friend or family that you might not see the next day, why not take the opportunity to be with them. I've said this before, computer vs. friend or family. I'm going to choose friend or family. I don't mean to show any disrespect to any of you. It's just a friend of mine passed away some time ago, like 3 years, and from that day on I've kind of learned to enjoy life. You don't know what's going to happen the next day, so enjoy life guys. If you have the opportunity to hang out with a friend or family or read this single chapter, I would take no offense if you chose to hang out with that friend or family member. Like seriously, you guys are awesome for giving me this much support for this story but please bare with me when it comes to updates. I lost my train track from here on out. Other than that, you guys are great, keep up with what you're doing, be safe, and just have fun where ever you guys are at.

I'll see you guys next time!