I'm So Over You.

Capturing His Heart

 

Another week of school passed by, and everyday at assembly I would see Chansung and Jessica holding hands, walking to their classes together. It was heartbreaking, but by Wednesday, I became so numb that I didn't even realize that they were kissing in public. Surprisingly I didn't shed a single tear though I was so torn.

Again, Taecyeon was almost completely M.I.A. this week. The one time I did see him though, he was talking to his other upperclassmen friends and I would have felt way too awkward casually walking up to him and pulling him away from his friends, so I just walked away. He clearly saw me though, and he didn't leave his friends to eat lunch with me. I'm such a loner. Jessica at least as Chan. I have absolutely no one.

On Thursday, however, I got to talk to Chansung very quickly after school as he was going to the gym to practice basketball before the season started 

"Hey, I haven't seen you very much lately," he tried to start a conversation

"Oh.. yeah.." I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone.

"How have you been? I feel like you're always with Taecyeon, so I never get to talk to you."

"Oh? I haven't seen him a single time this week," I lied.

"Really? Maybe we should have lunch tomorrow together and catch up a little?"

"Err. yeah. I mean. if Jessica doesn't mind."

"No; she won't," he smiled, "she's not the jealous type. I really like that about her."

Great. He's definitely never going to like me.

"Well?" he waited for my answer.

"Oh. Ummm... Yeah. Sure." I half-heartedly replied.

"If you don't want to---"

"No. I want to." I smiled at him.

"Alright, then I'll see you tomorrow in front of the dining hall."

Joyous. This'll be the worst lunch period of my life. He's going to figure out how freaking jealous I am of Jessica and he's going to want to avoid drama, hence he'll avoid me. Wonderful. Jolly dandy WONDERFUL.

 

So by the time my Friday lunch period rolled around I walked to the dining hall by myself hoping that he would forget and just not show up... but no. He was standing there looking out for me, and as soon as he spotted me he smiled and waved for me to go to him. When I reached him we walked together into the dining hall, side by side. As soon as we got our food we found a table to sit down at. 

"So, how are you?" He asked as he took a huge bite into his sandwich.

"I'm. Fine... I guess," I replied. Crap. Maybe I should try to sound a little happier..

"You guess?"

"Yeah. But it's only because of work and you know... my teachers don't really like me...." I tried to cover up.

"Oh.... This doesn't have anything to do with boys does it?"

. He caught me. "Err. No. Why?"

"I mean. You said that you haven't even seen Taecyeon at all this week! Did you guys fight for real this time?"

Oh God. He thinks I like Taecyeon???

"Think about it. You guys were so close last Friday, it's weird that you guys aren't even speaking on weekdays."

"Oh. Haha" I tried to chuckle.

"Tiffany. Stop acting. You like him, don't you?"

No, I like you. "Hmmmm.." I said instead.

"Here, leave it up to me. I'll help you get with him."

"Really, that's not necessary. I don't actually like him like that."

"But--"

"No, Chansung I really don't actually like him."

"Wait... then--"

"I have class in five minutes, I'm leaving," I cut him off as I got up.

God, boys are so clueless. I really want Chansung to know because maybe he'll change his mind and dump Jessica for me... though I doubt that's ever going to happen..Ugh. this is so frustrating. Most of all... I can't even talk to Taecyeon about it.

"Wait..." Chansung said louder trying to get my attention.

"What?" I said softly, looking back at him.

"Do... do... do you like me?"

Oh, geez. Now you realize? I cleared my throat. I wonder how he's going to take this.

He sat up a little bit straighter, avoiding eye contact with me, clearing his throat. 

"That's... That's cool." he replied awkwardly.

So he's that kind of guy. I guess he's not going to take that news so well.

Acting as if that last part of our conversation hadn't happened I walked out of the dining hall coolly. but just as I was about to walk out the door, I bumped into Taecyeon.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, flashing his giant teeth at me.

"God, you're so loud," I snapped.

"I haven't spoken to you in a week... and that's what you say to me? God, Tiffany, treat oppa with a little more respect."

I grabbed his arm and walked out of the dining hall, still holding on to his arm.

"Chansung knows that I like him."

"And? How did he react?"

"Er... Either he's disappointed with the fact that he didn't ask me out instead of Jessica, which I HIGHLY doubt, or he's going to avoid me for the rest of his life."

"Oh geez."

"Yeah. I think I'm just going to hide my face away now"

"Don't do that. Then no one can see how pretty you are," he smiled goofily at me.

"You're so greasy," I squinted my eyes at him.

He chuckled, "Don't get the wrong idea though. I'm not the one that thinks you're pretty. There are a few guys in my dorm who think you're pretty cute."

"Mmhmm.." I said, doubtfully. Even if Taecyeon liked me. I don't think I'd but up for that sort of relationship with him. Wait-- now that I think about it... I actually think Taecyeon might like me. "I have class right now, do you want to walk me?" Let's see if he takes my bait.

"Nope. Sorry, Sunny asked me if I could help her with her math homework this period. I'll see you after school though. Wish me luck! I hope she actually likes me."

Errm.... just kidding.. he obviously doesn't like me. I chuckled, "okay, well then good luck, see you later." I turned away walking towards the History building.

So he doesn't like me then. That's a shame... I wonder who it is in his dorm that likes me then.. hurrhurr.

I made a mischievous face.

"What's that face?" I heard Nichkhun say as he walked towards me. 

I wiped the look off of my face. "What face? Wait...  why are you walking out of the History building?"

"He cancelled class."

"Ah... Cool! I'm going to go back to my dorm then." I eye smiled at him and turned away..

"Hey, you." Nichkhun tried to stop me.

"Mmmm?" I asked coyly. 

"I'm taking Victoria out on a date tonight, and I need some girl advice... from a girl."

"Okay..?"

"So... we've been going out for like a week now, and I was wondering if it'd be too fast if I asked her to met my parents."

"Hmm.... Parents? I mean... is Victoria a chill and go with the flow kind of girl or is she very uptight?"

"She's very laid back."

"Then I don't see why not? Just make it really casual. No dinner with the parents, just a quick meeting."

"Okay, good. Thanks, man."

"Man?"

"I mean... Tiff," He smiled at me.

"No problem, anytime."

I continued to walk to my dorm. So I guess I have no hope of actually liking someone... wait. I know! I don't have to use Taecyeon to get over Chansung! I can just go for Jay! but wait... Jay wants me to get with Taecyeon... maybe Jay can help? 

I pulled out my phone to text Jay.

"Hey, are you free right now?"

He immediately replied: "Yeah, whats up?"

"Not much. Can you help me with something?"

"Yeah, anything... what?"

"Err... Taecyeon?"

"Haha. I knew it."

"Don't make fun. Just help. Please?"

"Yeah. I will. I'll do my part, just as long as you keep hanging out with him."

"Wait... question: he said that he has a tough time talking to girls... why is he always hanging out with other girls?"

"You mean Sunny? She's the only one besides you."

"Oh. Hmm."

"It doesn't even matter. He really likes you for your personality, he's only trying to get with her because she's hot."

"He likes me?"

"Well.. Not exactly. He likes you as a little sister, not a date-able girl."

Greeaaattt... I thought to myself.. but without my reply Jay quickly added: "But that can change!!"

"If you can get him to stop thinking of me that way, I will be your best friend forever.. Please?"

"Yeah, you don't even need to ask."

"Kay, thank you so much!"

I'm glad someone is willing to help. I actually hope this works out for me. Now that I think about it... Taecyeon is pretty date-able. I'm just really scared that the Chansung situation will repeat itself and I'll be broken again..

Chansung walked out of the dining hall and saw me standing on my porch. He walked towards me.

"I thought you had class,"

"I did but my history teacher cancelled."

"Oh... can we talk a little more?"

"I guess."

"So.. do you? like me?"

"I mean. I did."

"That's strange, this entire time I thought you really liked Taecyeon."

"Funny you should say that."

"What, so you do like him now?"

"Don't tell anyone, please?" I pleaded

"I won't," he reassured me. "I can help you, if you want."

"Err. I mean, Jay's already helping me. If you can without ruining my friendship with Taecyeon, then sure. You have my permission."

"So.. you don't like me anymore, right?"

"No, I don't. I already said that." I think the more I say that, the more my feelings are actually changing towards that direction.

"Okay. Because I didn't want to be hurting you somehow."

"That's thoughtful. Thanks." I nodded.

"I'll be truthful. I sort of liked you during the first week of school, but I guess that doesn't matter, now that we both like different people."

Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding.

"Haha, that's so strange. Imagine if something actually happened." I tried to remain calm and collected.

"Haha, I know. Weird, huh? Anyways. Now that we've talked through this, I have a lot of work to finish before the school day ends so that I have less to worry about this weekend. I was going to take Jessica with me to a nice restaurant in Boston tomorrow night.

"Ahh... that's lovely. Well. Have fun," I managed to smile. Well, if I can't have him, at least he's helping me out with Taecyeon? I think since everyone's having their couple's night out this weekend, I can have Taecyeon to myself... given he and Sunny aren't getting anywhere. I have a good feeling about this, though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I'm not boring anyone, there's more to come!

Now I'm just starting to base this story off of what actually happened to me last year. So.. comments please! I want to know what you guys have to say about it! :) Also, don't forget to subscribe!!