What To Do?

Capturing His Heart

I took a step back from the bulletin board, still horrified at what I found myself looking at.

Who on Earth would do such a thing?

I wanted to start tearing down the papers, but that would only cause more of a scene, and to be honest, I was still too shocked to do anything more than just stare dumbly at the pictures and words.

"What's going on?" Taecyeon walked into the student lounge too.

He walked to the empty space next to me.

"What is this?" He sounded extremely angry as he scanned the pictures of Chansung and me.

"I--" Worried that we wouldn't speak for another couple of weeks, I was going to explain to him what had been happening in the weeks that I wasn't talking to him. 

"Who put this up?" He demanded. "What gives anyone the right to do this to you? to anyone?" He put on arm around me and whispered, "Are you alright?"

I shook my head.

And right when I thought things couldn't get any worse, Chansung walked in and immediately ran towards me.

"Someone just texted me," He pulled me away from Taecyeon and hugged me, "Come on, let's get out of here."

"Wait," Taecyeon interrupted.

"What? So you can continue to hurt her like this?" Chansung sounded mad.

"This isn't my fault. I didn't put this up," Taecyeon pointed at the bulletin.

I stood there, still not looking at either of them.

"But if you hadn't... hadn't kissed her yesterday, things wouldn't be like this." Chansung raised his voice.

"Guys, shut up," Nicole took me away from Chansung. "Come on, Tiffany. Let's go back to the dorm."

"I have class," I shook them all off. "I should go." I tried to sound like I was okay, but my voice cracked, making it quite evident that I was not okay.

Just as I began to walk towards the math building, Chansung grabbed my hand. Taecyeon glared at him, and Nicole pulled Chansung off of me. 

 

I walked into the math classroom angry, confused, sad, and tired. I didn't know what I was to do now. Clearly, I can't just be with one of the two because the other is just going to come back and stir drama up.

"I saw the bulletin board..." Ji-Eun walked over to my desk.

I didn't reply.

"So. How do you feel? Humiliating Taecyeon like that..." She hissed.

I didn't even look at her as I continued to pull my books out of my backpack.

She snickered, "You know, it'd be best for everyone if you just didn't try to be with Taecyeon in the first place. Don't you care about his happiness? What do you think this does to his reputation? Hmm? He and I were so happy until you showed up. You ruined everything. I think--"

"No one cares." I cut her off. I couldn't stand another second of her.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself. Get the out, or shut up. Those are your only two options. Oh, and one more thing? He didn't like you. You really don't know how to read people do you? You think just because they tell you that they like you that it's real? please; grow a up and get out of that little fantasy world of yours." I was so angry that I didn't even know what I was trying to say anymore.

She was silent. Everyone in the classroom was silent. No one dared to piss me off today, even our math teacher who usually picked on me.

As the day went on, I thought about the situation non-stop. It was like I was trying to find the solution to an unsolvable math equation. I just could figure it out.

Then it occured to me that maybe I should just stay away from both Chansung and Taecyeon. I'm only hurting them, and they're only hurting each other... and me.

 

"Tiffany!" Chansung ran up to me as I walked to the garden to study. Spring was beginning and the weather would be warm enough occasionally for me to sit and relax. Though, with the way things have been today, it's been infinitely harder to sit and relax.

I turned around as he sprinted towards me.

"Where have you been all day? I've been worried sick."

"I'm fine." I stared at the ground.

"No. Stop lying. You're not okay." He grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a hug.

As my face hit his chest, the tears started to stream down my face. I guess he could feel the wetness from my tears soak up on his shirt. He put his hands on the back of my head and held me tighter and I squeezed his waist.

"I'm going to stop." I mumbled into his chest.

"What?"

"I think... I should just stop hurting you.. and Taecyeon."

"What are you saying?"

"Let's stop seeing each other." Ji-Eun did have a point. And what she said didn't just apply to Taecyeon, it did to Chansung too.

"What? No!" He looked angered.

"I don't know who put those pictures up on the bulletin board.... but I know that he or she probably did it because he or she wasn't happy with the fact that I was with you or Taecyeon."

"I don't care." He cupped my face.

"If not for you and him, then it's for me," I blinked as tears continued to roll down my face.

"We can get to the bottom of this. We'll figure out who did it."

"Chan--"

"No. Stop talking."

I tried to sound sweeter this time as I ran my fingers through his hair, "Channie--"

He didn't reply, he only stared intently into my eyes.

"Let's stop doing this. It's only eating at me more and more everyday. I..." I paused, not sure what I was trying to say, "I like you... but I also like Taecyeon.. and its not fair to either one of you. I think I just need some time to think. I just feel like it's a constant battle in my heart. You and Taecyeon, duking it out." I sighed, "Let's just stop... even just for a couple of weeks."

"I can't."

"Yes. You can. There are so many girls that will be so much better than me. I don't understand why you think that I'm the one and only. Plus. It's not like I'm going to be with Taecyeon in these next few weeks."

"I--"

"Chan, please. I gave this some serious thought. Let's just see how things play out. Hell, you might even find someone else."

"I doubt it."

"Please."

He leaned down and kissed me, twisting locks of my hair around his fingers as I pushed my fingers up the back of his neck into his smooth black hair. "Remember how I told you that I knew that you'd be happier with Taecyeon than me and how I said it was okay with me?" He spoke closely to my face

I nodded.

"I lied. I'm not okay with being away with you, regardless of whether it's him or someone else." He paused, "When I saw those pictures... I was mad at him... but the only person that I was even more furious towards.. was myself."

I widened my eyes.

"There must have been something that I was doing wrong to push you away to him."

The guilt pounded down on me. "The only person who you should be mad at is me. Yeah, he kissed me, but I kissed him back. I could have pushed him off of me. I could have told him that I wasn't interested, but I just wouldn't. You're not doing anything wrong, Chansung. You're perfect. I do like you, Chan. I just... also like him."

He winced.

"Just give me some time to think about it."

"I just feel like... When I'm not there to play an active role in your life... that you'll end up liking him more. He's more charming, and he's more charismatic."

"But I won't be talking to him either. It'll be... a week and a half... no.. wait.. a week. Just seven days." I put seven fingers up.

He swept the strands of hair in my face aside, still looking solemn; he nodded.

"I'm going to Taecyeon to tell him now, okay?" I made puppy eyes at him.

He pecked me on the lips, and walked me to his dorm so that he could get Taecyeon for me.

I explained my plan to Taecyeon. He tried to argue that we weren't spending anytime together, and we shouldn't keep doing this to each other... He said that he would go crazy if we didn't speak for another week, but I still insisted that we took this time to concentrate on ourselves and wait until whoever it was who posted on the bulletin calmed down too.

 

And so it began. My week without Chansung and Taecyeon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh hey guys! :) I might go on a hiatus soon (after one or two more chapters), so read up and comment so that I'll come back faster ;)

thanks for all your support!
yellowbee