Unexpected News

Capturing His Heart

After taking a shower this morning, I went to the dining hall to meet up with Chansung for breakfast. It was strange-- seeing myself without the dark make up that I wore last night. I grew self-conscious as I walked by a mirror; my eyes look so puffy and small. Let's hope Chansung doesn't care.

"Hey," Chansung said as arrived at the same time I did.

"Hey. What was the thing that you had to tell me about?" I asked immediately. I've been thinking about this non-stop since he brought the mystery to my attention.

He chuckled, "let's get some breakfast first." He took me by the hand and pulled me closer to him, once the distance between us grew smaller he put his arm around me. I immediately felt at comfort; his hands were so warm that they contrasted so much with my icy hands. "Do you want to share a waffle? Surprisingly, I'm not that hungry this morning."

"Yeah, sure. Neither am I. I ate so much last night; I'm still full." 

We walked over to the waffle machine. He told me that he'd make the waffle, so I walked over to the hot water dispenser to make us some tea. As soon as the waffle was ready, we sat picked a table right next to the window to sit down together at.  

I took a look at the waffle. He filled the cavities with chocolate chips and drizzled honey lightly over the top. He knew that that was exactly how I liked to eat my waffles.

"Did I do it right?" He asked cutely.

I put a fork in my mouth and simply nodded while giving him a cute eye-smile.

"Well? Eat!" He cut a piece off for me and fed it to me. I happily obliged.

"I'm not five years old you know..." I tried to say it seriously but I could hold in my giddiness. My heart was still racing.

"Just eat," he said, knowing that I was thoroughly enjoying the moment.

"Here." I did the same for him. Then suddenly it hit me. "Ah! I'll be right back, Chan. Wait a sec?"

He smiled at me, "what now?"

I ran off to the fruit baskets next to the waffle machine and grabbed a banana. I knew that he really liked eating bananas. Plus, waffles aren't good unless there's some type of fruit on it.

"Tada!" I sat back down and started slicing pieces onto the waffle. 

He chuckled. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Chansung, I wouldn't do it if I didn't want it too."

He stared at me for a while as I continued to eat; then he joined.

"So. What was the thing that you wanted to tell me?" I said with my cheeks puffed up. I tried to seem as cute as possible.

He fixed my bangs. "Well. I mean. You know.." He hesitated.

I widened my eyes a little. "No. I don't," I said innocently.

"Well, I'm sure you've heard... Jessica and I have broken up recently. It's nothing serious. I mean, I was a little sad... until I realized that Jessica really isn't the one for me. She and I just didn't mesh."

"Mmmhmm.." I continued to eat. 

"And, I---" he inhaled and started to choke. 

"Oh God. Are you okay?"

He drank some of the tea that I made. "Yeah. Sorry. I just choked on my spit."

I giggled, "I've always thought that I'm the only one that does that..."

"I'm a bigger klutz than you. Trust me. Anyways. I came to realize that I needed to actually think about what I want. I mean. I didn't really want to be in a relationship with her."

I nodded as I finished my half of the waffle.

"Tiffany."

I looked up at him.

"You probably know this already, but... I..."

I stared intently at him as he paused.

"I like you."

I could feel my heart begin to race again and my face heat up. Thank God my ears were covered by my hair. I didn't know how to react so I sat silent. My mind went blank. Then a million thoughts raced through. Why suddenly? Is this why he told Taecyeon that I liked him? How long has he liked me for? Do I like him?

"Well?" He waited for me to speak.

"Er... Um.." I cleared my throat and looked at him. "Care to explain?"

"Explain?" 

Oh. Right. He can't read my thoughts. "I mean.. If you don't mind me asking questions.... how long have you liked me?"

"Ever since that first day I met you."

"That's a little cliché, isn't it?"

"I know."

"What about Jessica? I thought you said you liked her on the first day that I met you."

"I think you had it wrong. I said that she's hot. I didn't say that I genuinely liked her."

"Ermm. okay..."

"Wait. Before you ask another question, I just want to add something...." He paused. "I don't expect you to like me back. I just thought... you know... I'd put that opportunity out there... In case you ever decided that you liked me again." His voice trailed off at the end of his sentence.

I looked at him blankly.

"Maybe this was a little too much for breakfast?"

I gave a nervous laugh. "A little."

"I know this doesn't sound sincere, but I really do want you to know that there is absolutely no pressure here and I actually mean it."

I nodded. I hated to put him in such an awkward position... but I wasn't sure what to do either. To put it simply, I was extremely confused. I had so many questions.

"Do you maybe want to hang out with me for the rest of today? Or... Do you not want to see me for the rest of the day?" His face turned red. I guess both of us felt extremely flustered.

"I'd love to hang out today." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Great. We could go to Boston, if you'd like... I mean. I know you were just there last night, but I have a place I want to take you to."

"Yeah. Sure. Do you want to meet up again in like half an hour? I have to go and get ready. I might take a while."

"Sounds good to me." He smiled. His facial features are so perfect, and his smile is so innocent. My heart felt like a giant puddle of mush in my chest.

We part ways outside the dining hall, and as soon as I entered my dorm, I sprinted up to my room to tell Nicole what had happened. I also grabbed my phone to text Taecyeon, Jay and Junho with the news. I still don't know whether I like him or not, but I should give that a chance, right? My chances with Taecyeon are completely non-existent, might as well try someone else, right? Right. Let's just see how the rest of today goes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

rawr. Another chapter! Sorry about the confusion about the Fic title. ^-^ I hope you liked this chapter, anyways.

Also... I have subscribers.. but no commenters.. :( I'd like it very much so if everyone would please leave a comment. Predictions? 

thanks!!
yellowbee