Birthday Dinner (Part 1)

Capturing His Heart

Ugh. I'm going to kill Jay. Nicole's dress barely fits me.

I walked down the stairs to the lobby of my dorm to be greeted by none other than Jay. His facial expression lightened up as he saw me gracefully walk down the stairs. 

"Hey, you look great. This is going to work out perfectly," Jay greeted me while holding the box of cupcakes that I made for Taecyeon earlier.

"Thanks. Except I feel like I'm about to explode out of this dress."

"It doesn't look like it. I'm sure it's all just in your head."

I glared at him.

"Come on. We'll be late if we don't get moving," he said as he grabbed my hand, leading me out the front door.

Outside, I saw Taecyeon sitting shotgun in the car parked right outside my dorm, with his sister sitting in the driver's seat. He waved his hand signaling me to get in the car. I sat in the seat right behind Taecyeon. He turned around and smiled.

"I need to take you out to fancy places more often. You look so..." He thought about it for a while.

When he couldn't think of the word, I cleared my throat. "Thanks, Taec." 

Jay nudged me while wiggling his eyebrows at me cheesily. I shoved him playfully. Taecyeon could have seen him! 

"Are we still waiting for someone?" I asked as we sat in the car in silence.

"Just one more," Taecyeon smiled at me.

But before I could ask who it was, I heard a girl's voice, "I'm so sorry that I'm late, Taec!" Sunny tripped a little on the curb before Jay could open the door for her from the inside.

Jay moved over a little so that he was wedged between Sunny and me. I looked at him, eyes widened with sudden nervousness. What if Sunny is here to be Taecyeon's date and Jay and I were just here as his close friends? He gave me a reassuring look as if to say "it's okay."

 

When we arrived at the restaurant, a waitress led us to a private room where we found Mr. and Mrs. Ok, and some of Taecyeon's relatives waiting for us. 

"Happy Birthday, Taecyeon!" They all exclaimed as we walked into the room.

We sat around a large round table. I got to sit next to Taecyeon, and Jay sat next to me. Sunny, however, was also sitting next to Taecyeon, captivating his attention for most of the night. Her giggles and flirty comments echoed through my mind. I got up and excused myself to the restroom. For some reason, Jay followed.

"What are you doing?" Jay asked.

"Creep. I'm going to the bathroom," I replied.

"Obviously something is wrong."

"'Obviously'?" I asked.

"Listen, you need to get back in there and start talking to him."

"But he's busy flirting with Sunny!"

"I don't care. Just cut in or something!!"

"Ugh!" I stormed into the bathroom with frustration.

When I walked back out I was surprised to see Chansung sitting at a table not too far from the private room where Taecyeon's birthday party had been taking place. He was also dressed quite exquisitely. I tried waving my hand subtly to garner his attention, and it worked. He slipped away from his table and made his way over to me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He greeted as he slipped his hand around my waist, half-hugging me. For some reason, the butterflies came back and they refused to stop fluttering.

"I'm here for a birthday party." I answered ambiguously.

"Taecyeon's?" He already knew.

"Mm.." I smiled.

"I heard he invited Sunny too." 

"Ha. Yeah.... Why are you here?" I said, trying to change the subject.

"Important dinner with some family friends." He rolled his eyes. "It's really not that important though. Do you want to maybe hang out after dinner?"

"Uhmm. I'm not quite sure what we're doing after dinner, or if we're even doing anything.. I'll text you if I find out." 

"Alright, then. Go back, Taecyeon's probably waiting for you."

"Probably not, since he has Sunny."

"Don't think like that, Tiffany. Be a little more confident. Shoulders back, more spark in your eyes. Go on."

I beamed at him before making my way back to the room.

 

"Hey, Taec. Is there anything planned for after dinner?" I whispered to him.

"I don't think so. Why? Do you want to do something?" He asked, as if to suggest that we do something together afterwards.

"I just bumped into Chansung, and--" before I could finish my sentence Jay elbowed my lightly in my side.

"You wanted to go and hang out with him?" Taecyeon finished my sentence.

"Err. No. I was just wondering.. if... you wanted to do something as a whole group.. errmmm.."

"I mean.. I sort of wanted to hang out with you, one on one again."

"Really?" I lightened up. "What about her?" I jerked my head to indicate Sunny.

"She's going back to school immediately after this. Apparently she has some stuff to get to."

"Oh... then... I mean..."

He waited for my answer.

"Yeah. I don't see why not." I grinned at him

"Cool. We can leave now, if you're done eating."

"But, Taec. All your relatives are here. You have guests! I don't want to seem rude."

"Pfft. Come on. My parents will understand." He grabbed my hand and began to lead me out the door, but before we could walk out completely, Jay handed me the box filled with Taecyeon's cupcakes.

"Good luck!" Jay mouthed as Taecyeon dragged me out the front door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehehe.

I can't sleep. So I wrote some more. At this point, I'm just improvising. I hope you like the story though! Please! COMMENT.

Also, as I've asked in my previous chapter... who would you like to see Tiffany end up with?/ Who do you think she'll end up with?

^-^ Thanks for subscribing!!

love,
yellowbee