Snow Fight

Capturing His Heart

I slowly made it through exam week steadily, making sure that I worked hard everyday putting my best effort forward, especially for my history exam. After each test I'd pray that they'd help my grades rather than hurt them.

When Friday rolled around, almost no one had exams. I only had to turn in my thesis and masterpiece for art. The only people that I knew that had exams on Friday were Jessica, Bekah and Victoria, but only because they were taking music theory or dance classes. Once they returned from their respective exams we all celebrated the end of a stressful week, ordering pizza together as a group of Robinson sophomores.

Then I received a call from Taecyeon.

"Hey, wanna hang out?"

"Oh... I'm actually kind of busy right now.." It's not that I didn't want to hang out with him... it's just that I didn't want to ditch my friends.

Nicole whispered to me on the side, "Who is it?"

"Taecyeon," I mouthed back to her.

She nudged me to answer yes, and after much annoyance, I changed my mind and told Taecyeon that I was actually free. He told me that he was already in the lobby waiting for me. So I guess he knew that I'd say yes either way.

I dolled myself up, but casually. I wore my uggs, lucky jeans, and a purple coat. Nicole lent me her lucky scarf, claiming that she was only worried that I would get cold. I knew, though, that she was really praying that Taecyeon and I would somehow make up again and be more than friends.

When I got to the lobby, I saw Taecyeon wearing the letterman jacket that I had too. It actually made him look extremely manly and jock-like.

"Don't you want to go and get a pair of gloves or something?" Taecyeon asked.

"Ah! Right. I almost forgot. Thanks." I ran back up the stairs to my room and dug through my bag to look for my gloves, but the only pair I could find were Chansung's. I thought I already gave them back to him.... strange.. I put them on anyways and walked back down the stairs to Taecyeon.

"Ready?" He asked cheerfully.

"Mmm." I nodded.

"Let's go," He opened his arms and wrapped them around me as we walked out the front door. The field in front my dorm was covered in snow, so white that the reflection of the sun hurt my eyes.

He walked the entire way to his dorm with his arms wrapped around my waist behind me. When we walked into the warm lobby of Johnson house, he put his hands on my shoulders and steered me to the duty person's apartment so that we could get permission to go to his room. When we got to his room I sat sideways on his chair, facing his bed (where he lay) and rested my chin on the back of it. 

"So. How were your exams?" I asked kindly.

"They were okay. I could have used some help with Chinese though..."

I suddenly felt extremely guilty. That night at the library with Chansung.... it was like Taecyeon knew it happened...

"Really? You could have just asked me..." I looked at the floor.

"It's fine. I knew you were busy tutoring other people anyways..." So he did know....

I stayed silent.

"So.. how are you and Chansung?"

Why? You care? "Erm... Fine, I guess. What about you and Susan, is it?"

"We... uh.. broke up."

"Oh. I'm sorry. If I knew, I wouldn't have asked.."

"It's whatever. I didn't really like her anyways."

"Oh? So then... why did you date?"

"I don't know.. She was sort of a fall back."

"From?"

"I don't really know.."

I realized that I was basically interrogating him so I stopped asking questions. "I thought you said that you and girls don't really mix." It technically isn't a question...

"We don't. I haven't really met anyone that I've been able to just talk to about stuff." He then added in the end, "besides you, I mean."

"Well then I'm honored."

He smiled and lay down on his bed comfortably as I stared at him. "Are you tired?" He asked me.

"Sort of. But I think I'm used to lacking sleep."

Taecyeon patted the empty spot next to him. "Nap with me."

"What are we, five?" As much as I wanted to climb onto the bed it him, I didn't want to hurt Chansung...

Then someone knocked at the door. Speak of the devil.

"Hey! Tiff!" He looked ecstatic to see me.

I smiled at him. "Hey! How were your exams?"

"Great. I'm really glad you helped me study that night in the library." His tone seemed weird.

"I'm glad that I could have helped, then. Plus you helped me with History too."

He smiled at me with his puppy eyes. "Do you two want to hang out with all of us?"

I gave him a confused look.. who was 'us'? "Who?"

"You know. Everyone. Jay, Wooyoung, Junho, Junsu, Nichkhun. Maybe you could call your girl friends too?"

I looked back at Taecyeon to check with him what he wanted to do, but he simply rolled over in bed. "I think he's a little too tired to do anything else right now."

"You can come by yourself..." He tried to hint subtly, failing, might I add.

Taecyeon immediately rolled back over, glaring at me. "Erm. Maybe not." I looked back to Chansung. "I think he's in his childish mood today, and he needs me to be his mom," I whispered to him.

He chuckled, "Alright, then. If that's all you're going to do.." He didn't look too worried. "Oh. but if you get bored, my room's next door." He walked out, shutting the door behind him.

"What an idiot," Taecyeon mumbled.

"Hey. Don't be mean." I tried to act angelic.

"Right. I forgot. He's your boyfriend." He cuddled with his pillow.

"He is not my boyfriend, Taec."

"Then what are you two? Unnamed? Still?"

"Why does that matter?" I defended.

He stopped throwing sarcastic remarks for a second.

I waited for his response.

He began to say something, but then stopped himself, "Nevermind."

"What were you about to say?"

"Nothing." He rolled over again.

"You know... You're boring me... I think I might go to Chansung's room...." I tried to be cute and hint that he should stop acting like a child and just have fun with me today.

He sat up, looking worried. "Don't. We don't even spend time together anymore.."

"Well, then stop acting like a baby."

"Fine. You want to do something?"

I nodded, eyes wide. 

"What did Chansung say they were doing?"

"uh.. I don't know.."

"Let's go and hang out with them." He grabbed my hand and held it tightly, not letting my hand slip away and took me to Chansung's room.

 

"Hey guys." Taecyeon greeted everyone, still holding my hand.

"Taec, you're crushing my hand." I whispered to him.

"Oh. Sorry." He loosened his grip, but still didn't let go of my hand. He pulled me to the couches in Chansung's and Jay's room. 

"I didn't know you guys roomed together," I tried to start conversation with Jay and Chansung. But all Chansung could pay attention to was Taecyeon's giant hand wrapped around my dainty hands.

"Yeah.. they put us newbies together," Jay replied looking over at Chansung.

"Do you guys maybe want to have a snowball fight outside? The snow if perfect." Nichkhun changed the subject.

I nodded. "That sounds fun."

My hand started to sweat, as Taecyeon also agreed that it'd be a fun end to the week.

As we made our way to the front door, I called my girl friends to tell them that we'd be having a friendly face off with a few Johnson house boys. They all sounded really excited on the phone, and it showed too when they ran towards us on the quad.

Victoria ran into Khun's arms, hugging him excitedly. "Yeobo~," She said in her cutesy tone of voice.

Taecyeon finally let go of my hand when Chansung was a good distance away.

"Alright. We should try to integrate teams since, as boys, we wouldn't want to... you know... destroy you guys," Junho joked.

"Pfft. You wish. You're just scared because there are thirteen of us and seven of you," Bekah refuted.

Junho laughed. "Yeah. A little."

"Maybe we should do that..." Junsu looked sort of scared as well.

"I want to be a captain!" I raised my hand excitedly. Taecyeon chuckled and mumbled to himself. "What was that Taecyeon? Do you have something to say to my face? Repeat what you said!" I tried to act intimidating. Junho started laughing as he was the only one who heard what Taecyeon said.

"Taecyeon, you're in trouble now.." 

Taecyeon mumbled again, the same sentence. 

"What? I can't hear you."

"You're cute." He said it so quietly, but I could still hear him.

"What? Louder!" I really want him to say it again.

"You heard me! You're cute!" Taecyeon pretended to be mad, but ended up laughing anyways.

"Oh thanks, you too." I joked back to him. Then I remembered that Chansung was standing in the crowd as well.

"Alright, so Tiffany's a captain... How about... Taecyeon? As the other captain?" Junho suggested

"Wait, that's not fair. I'm going to have to go up against this giant?" I pouted, hoping to gain some sympathy.

"Yeah. You scared? You should be." Taecyeon tried to imitate my intimidation techniques, but he was no match for me.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Alright you two. Stop flirting." Wooyoung pulled me back. I looked at Chansung and saw that he didn't look too happy.

"Alright. Then I choose Chansung, first. So, what now, Taec? I have a beast on my team too." Chansung walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Fine. Then I choose Nicole. You should be happy, I'm being nice, and choosing a weak link to balance you out." He joked as Nicole walked up to him, punching his shoulder.

We continued to pick teams, yelling sarcastic remarks at each other's choices. When we finally got to the actual snow ball fight, I was pumped. I was ready to kick some Taec-.

Our team built an awesome fort, We could easily throw snowballs over but also hide really well. Chansung took a position next to me.

"Ready?" He gave me a charismatic look.

I nodded. "Mhmm. More than ever."

Then, from across the quad, I heard Taecyeon yell something that sound like, "ready? one two three GO!"

And we all started attack each other. Jay, who was on my team tried to run across the battle field to personally drop a giant snowbomb on Taecyeon. He returned safely as Taecyeon shook his fists.

As the fight continued, I proceeded to make snow balls and hand them to Chansung to throw. I had terrible aim and I couldn't throw very hard either, so I thought it would have been better if I didn't try. I picked up a mound of snow next to me and rolled it into a ball, but just as I was handing it to Chansung, I felt someone grab me by the waist and throw me over their shoulder.

"Wait!!" I was screaming and flailing

"You're the prisoner of war now, Tiffany." Taecyeon laughed evilly.

I continued to flail, (lightly) hitting Taecyeon left and right until he slipped on an icy spot and dropped me too. When I opened my eyes, I found myself under Taecyeon whose face was not too far away from mine. He raised one eyebrow as I covered my face, acting shy.

"Oh no! It's a troll!" I laughed rolling around on the bed of snow kicking my feet at the funniness of my own comment.

Taec's hands were now holding my wrists down against the snow so that I couldn't move my arms. We smiled at each other.

Everyone gathered around us.

------------------------------------------------------------------

hehehe. Due to popular demand... here is a Taec chapter. I hope you guys liked it.. :) I'm going to bed now. but please comment and subscribe!

I love you all and thanks for the support!!

<3,
yellowbee