Starting off brand new--fresh

Capturing His Heart

Lugging my baggages up the stairs with my sister and mother, I think to myself, "how wonderful would it be to have a boyfriend who could do this for me.."

"Tiffany, don't just stand there! You have so many things to move into your new room-- speaking of which.. you might want to get rid of some of it or bring some of it home. It's going to be such a pain to move ALL of this to college with you!"

I snap back to reality as my mother's words echo through my mind. My sister looks back at me, "Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"Mmmhmm.. It's not like I've never been away from home for long periods of time before.."

"Well.. okay. If you're homesick just make sure to call us."

I shuffle to my new room-- a double floor room! I see my new roommate as she unpacks into her closet. Slightly intimidated (as she looked like one of those popular girls you'd just try to stay away from) I greeted her quietly and told her that I was her new roommate. As she put the rest of her things away, she pulled up a chair, "Hey! You're Tiffany right? I'm Nicole. It's nice to meet you."

Smiling shyly, I glanced side-wardly at pile of clothing next to her closet.

"Oh-- I hope you don't mind.. I'm sort of a messy person," she replies in an awkward tone.

I point back at my bags, "I'm sure we won't have a hard time getting along." I smiled awkwardly.

 

After unpacking and meeting everyone, I hugged my mother and sister goodbye, wishing them a safe drive back to my sister's college. It still gets me every time. Whenever I see my family leave me behind at boarding school? I've been to other boarding schools before. You know.. the ones fore middle schoolers? But... somehow I can never overcome the sensation of a black hole forming in my gut. I just feel so lonely a lot the time. I guess it's a good thing that Julia and Junho transferred with me. Though people usually like to start off fresh at their new schools, I like the fact that I have someone that I can fall back on. 

I see Junho also waving goodbye to his parents as they drive away, and I signal for him to walk towards me.

He smiles timidly and jogs over. We sit, at first in complete silence on the porch of my dorm.

"It's nice to have a new start, isn't it?" he sighed.

"yeah. It definitely is. Though I'm not sure how I'm going to handle schoolwork-- I hear there's a lot of stress here." I reply.

"Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you'll---"

"Who's this?" a deep voice cuts him off

I lean forward to see who was standing behind Junho. A tall intimidating boy stood on the steps of the porch. 

"Aren't you going to introduce me, Junho?" This strange person asked, or rather, demanded.

"uhh.... this is Taecyeon," Junho shyly stutters. "And this is Tiffany."

"Is she Korean?" Taecyeon asks in Korean.

"No, I'm Chinese," I reply modestly. "but I do speak a little."

"Say something" 

"Annyeong(?)" I said, wondering if that was good enough

"That's so simple... anyone can say that."

"errmmm... V.I.P. Imnida."

"you like Big Bang?"

"well... yeah..."

"otteon saram?" (which person?)

"Taeyangie"

"I don't know how I feel about some random Chinese girl speaking Korean to me and acting like she's Korean...."

"eh. Excuse me?" I ask slightly offended. No. wait. Really offended.

"You're not Korean."

"Evidently."

"So... This is weird."

Suddenly, my instincts jolt, and I snapped back, "whatever. Most of the Korean language was taken from Chinese anyways. So how do you feel about that?"

Taken back, he glared at me, "so this is the kind of person you were friends with at your old school, Junho. I see." 

He turned away and walked back towards his dorm

"what was that all about? He's in my dorm! And he's a Sunbae!" questioned Junho.

"Whatever. It's not like what just happened is going to stop him from being friends with you. Plus, I should be asking you that." I replied

 

As we sat in complete silence once again, I scanned the campus scenery. I can't wait until it starts snowing.

". I forgot about registration!!" Junho suddenly jolted.

"Oh man, I forgot too! You wanna go now?" I ask, knowing that he'd say yes either way.

We quickly grab our new school ID cards and sprint towards the gym (where registration was held).

As we enter the gym, an extremely attractive boy passes by. At first glance I was in awe. How could someone be so good looking? Maybe I should befriend him.... Then I slowly came back to reality... Someone like that would never like me. Girls will probably be all over that. I sighed. But just before all hope left me... "Hey. Tiffany, is it?"

I looked back with hope, "yes? that's me!"

"You dropped your ID Card."

Great. This is as far as I'm going to get with this guy.

"oh. uh. thanks! haha.. err.."

"No problem at all. Are you new?"

"Yeah I am. I'm a new sophomore." I grinned from the sensation of the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"That's cool. I'm a new Junior" He smiled back at me.  HE SMILED BACK AT ME. YES.

"So we're both trying to settle in while everyone else already knows each other? That's cool. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"It's Chansung. So I'm not the only one who feels awkward about being new and not a freshman? Well that takes a lot of stress away."

"Glad to help,"  I smiled.

"Do you maybe want to grab lunch after you register?" He asked as he glanced over at Junho who was impatiently standing behind me sighing every now and then.

"Definitely. As long as you don't mind waiting for me to finish?"

"Yeah, I'll come with you."

Even more jittery and flustered now, my face flushed red. I hope the rest of this day turns out the way I want it to.....

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Aghh!!! My first fanfic! :| I'll post as soon as possible!

Part of it is based off of true events in my life (I just changed the names)

I hope you like it so far. I promise to not give up on this story (which means that you shouldn't either). I also promise that it will be less boring in the upcoming chapters.

I have to go to bed now. Good Night!