Thirty Three

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

My stomach churned, my breath hitched, and my tears welled up in my eyes. I shook my head continuously as I couldn't believe what she just said.

"You have hurt me too much, I can't handle the pain anymore..." She began to sob, "Was it so hard for you to love me back? If it's that hard, then let's divorce."

I didn't let her continue her words as I claimed her lips with mine. Our tears mixed with our kiss, causing a salty taste on the lips. Jinri didn't respond to the kiss, so I pulled apart and leaned my forehead against hers, with my hands cupping her cheeks.

"We can't deny that this marriage is a mistake. It only happened because of Sera and not because of love. You can always still play your role as Sera's father after we di-"

"No! I am not gonna let that happen! You are my wife and you will be my wife until death do us apart."

"Whatever, I can't win over your stubbornness. Leave the room, I am going to sleep."

 

Ever since that day Jinri brought up the divorce, Jinri's parents and Soojung banned me from visiting her as they support Jinri's decision. I can only get updates from Joohyun and Jongin. Not only they banned me from seeing Jinri, they even took Sera from me and brought her back to the Bae's residence. I was obviously fighting for a lost battle but I am not going to resign to defeat so easily.

I have to win back Jinri and Sera. My life won't be complete without them. 

 

Jinri's POV

"Are you hungry?"

I shook my head as my mum helped me to the couch, while Soojung help to carry my belongings. It felt good to be home; it felt good to be away from that place that daunted me; but it didn't feel good to away from Sehun oppa. Even though I brought up divorce, I was secretly hoping that Sehun oppa will fight for me till the end. But I guessed I was wrong as I haven't seen him during my stay at the hospital... It somehow broke my heart.

"Rest well okay eonni?"

"I am fine, you guys don't have to get so worked up..."

"Nonsense, you are still very weak after mis-" I heard a cough from Jongin as he tried to prevent Soojung from saying the wrong words, "Oh, uhm I mean... Stay away from all the sharp objects and if you need anything, ask me or Jongin to get for you!"

I nodded and mumbled a gratitude of thanks to my younger sister and my brother-in-law to be. Soojung may be my younger sister, but I know I can rely on her, count on her in times of need because she is great pillar or support.

"I am really fine, the doctor had given me pills to control my emotions, don't worry alright?"

"I can't help to worry about you eonni. You almost commit suicide twice in front of my eyes," Soojung could barely complete her sentence before the tears brimmed in her eyes, "I don't want to witness it again. I don't want to lose you." 

"Eomma!!" Sera ran to me with her short tiny legs. I opened my arms and welcomed her for a hug. 

"I am sorry for being a horrible eomma," I kissed her forehead as she cuddled against my chest, "I am sorry," I whispered again.

"Eomma, appa got me this teddy bear yesterday, isn't it cute?"

"Yesterday?" I looked at my daughter with a puzzled expression, then I directed my vision towards my sister and Jongin, hoping to get some enlightenment from them. 

Soojung huffed as if an answer came across her mind, "Yah Kim Jongin!" She elbowed the man beside her, "Did you let that jerk meet Sera? Are you on our side or that 's side?" 

"Sehun hyung is quite pitiful... You guys locked him our of the ward..."

My face lit up by a little hearing Jongin's words. He did visit me, but mum and Soojung didn't want him near me.

"Kim Jongin, I am going to break up with you even before we get married if you are not going to keep your mouth shut right now!" Soojung smacked Jongin's lap.

Jongin quickly zipped his mouth and hid away from me. 

The hope in me was beginning to light up again.

 

"You know, I would be a better father than Oh Sehun. It's not too late to date me Jinri."

I threw a pillow at Baekhyun but he dodged it perfectly. We tried to minimise as much as noise as we could since Baekhyun just put Sera into sleep mode after one whole day of running around with him. If I didn't meet Sehun oppa, would I fall in love with Baekhyun instead?

"Why are you staring at me? Regret not dating me?" He wriggled his brows. 

Rolling my eyes, I lied on the bed and sighed, "I was wondering if I will fall in love with you if Sehun oppa didn't appear in my life..."

Baekhyun crawled towards me and hovered over me, with his arms prodding his body on each side of my waist.

"Of course you will, I am perfect," My best friend boasted. 

I looked into his beautiful caramel-coloured orbs and grinned, "Thank you for being here Baekhyun. You are always there for me when everyone in school bullied me or outcast me; you are always there for Sera, and you even helped my older sister to walk out of darkness at the lowest moment of her life. You are an angel. I don't know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter