Twenty Five

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri's POV

The moment I got home, I was greeted by Sehun oppa who was doing work at the study room. It was rare but glad to see him finally back home. He shifted his gaze from his laptop to me when he saw me walking past the study room.

"Hey," I greeted, "Sera..."

"She has fallen asleep an hour ago," Sehun oppa replied with creased brows, as if he was annoyed by something, "Why are you home so late? Where have you been?"

"I was at Baekhyun's place," I felt guilt eating me up slowly as Sehun oppa's piercing gaze landed on me. If my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, I saw concern in Sehun oppa's orbs.

Why would he care where I have been if he doesn't even acknowledge me as his wife...

"Okay. Go and sleep," Sehun's mood seemed dampened as he walked back to his table to continue with his work, as if my presence was non existent.

Confusingly, I made my way back to my room.

"Oh wait," I swirled my body to face Sehun oppa, "Sera's childcare will be having Family day this Friday. Are you free to come? You will come..." my voice trailed off as I saw the hesitant on Sehun oppa's face, "Won't you? Sera will be very happy if you come."

"This Friday?"

"Yeah..."

"I have an important meeting..." 

I nodded, while I tried very hard to hide my disappointment. How I wish Sehun oppa can turn up, so the kids will stop teasing her for not having a father. But it seemed like it was just my wishful thinking. 

"I will try to-"

"It's okay," I immediately cut him off, "Work is more important. I am going to sleep, goodnight." 

 

Nothing beats a good and warm bath after one long day outside. I sat on my bed as I dried my hair with towel; my mind started to recall the images that I saw this afternoon. The way Sehun oppa and Joohyun eonni held their hands, the sweet interaction between the couple in the car, everything just made my heart ached even more. Even when I owned Sehun oppa officially, I can never get his heart and his love. Sehun oppa sure is a loyal man who only loves one woman in his whole life.

A part of me couldn't help to feel jealous. 

I stared at my own reflection on my vanity table. I have never dated anyone, neither did any guy show interest in me since when I was a kid; while my sisters are the flowers of the garden that got all boys swoon over them. The only guy that takes a liking in me is Baekhyun, but I am pretty sure he mistook his affection for me as romantic feelings. One day when he falls in love with the right girl, he will be able to tell the difference. 

The only time when I fell so deep in love with someone is also the time when I fell so hard because of his sweet and misleading acts. Will Sehun oppa take a few more glances at me if I turned into my older sister? Will he fall in love with me if I became prettier and smarter and play the piano? 

My phone rang and I was startled by my own ringtone. Quickly, I picked up my phone and answered the call.

"Hey Soojung?"

"Eonni, mum asked if you are free on Friday?"

"No, why?"

"Joohyun eonni has piano recital this Friday afternoon. She invited everyone in the family to her performance."

My breath hitched and my heart dropped to the pit as a bitter taste formed in my mouth. 

"I have an important meeting..." Sehun oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter