Eleven

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rubbing my sweaty palms, I looked for my name on the list frantically. 

"I saw my name Jinri!! I am 30th!!" Baekhyun cheered but I can't take anything into my head now.

All I want is for my name to appear on the list so I will get a chance to have a date with Sehun oppa. But my hopes seemed to be diminishing as I continued to scan the list and I don't see my name there. 

"I found it!! Jinri you are 90th!!" 

My face lit up as Baekhyun pointed to where my name is. I was so happy that I hugged Baekhyun and the two of us screamed like crazy kids. Talking about crazy, how did Kim Jongin rise from 5oth position to the 1st so quickly? Was he trying to prove my sister that he is intelligent? The power of love... indeed...

"Hyung! Noona!"

I looked up to who Baekhyun was waving to. It's my older sister and Sehun oppa. My head hung low in embarrassment as Sehun oppa smiled to me but my face immediately when I saw their entwined hands.

"Thanks hyung for all the tutoring, I can't believe I am at 30th!" Baekhyun exclaimed and gave Sehun oppa a bro fist.

"What about you Jinri?" Joohyun eonni asked me.

"I-"

"She is at 90th. Although I still won, Jinri has never been in the top 100 list, so it's an achievement."

I clicked my tongue at Baekhyun and smacked his forearm. 

"Great, we all can have a peaceful vacation after doing well for our finals."

"Yeah," Sehun oppa nodded, "And I should uphold my promise."

"What promise?" Joohyun eonni casted a questioning look to her boyfriend.

"I promoise to bring Jinri out to play if she got into top 100, and she did it."

I lifted my head and I saw the bitter smile on Joohyun eonni's face, while Sehun oppa is completely oblivious to what's going on. 

"Ohh... so you two are going out on a date?"

I could hear the venom in my sister's icy voice. She is pissed, but she didn't want to show it in the public. 

"No no no," I quickly clarified, "It's just a... normal hang out between brother and sister."

"Yeah baby, your sisters are my sisters. We are a family, aren't we?" Sehun pinched eonni's nose and I turned away from their lovey dovey scene.

I then cleared my throat and my eyes met Baekhyun's eyes. He stared hard at me while I shrugged, asking him what. Instead of replying, he shook his head and turned away from me. 

 

Soojung's POV

Someone hollered my name down the hallway. I opened my locker and spun my body around to bump into a guy. More like the guy bumped into me.

"Yah!" I yelled in annoyance at the grinning Jongin. I had no idea why is he so happy. Did he win the lottery or something, "What?" I spun my body, facing my locker, pretending to be busy looking for something. 

"I am ranked 1st for the finals this time," he confessed.

My hands paused whatever it is doing. Why is he telling me that?

I faced him, with a flustered expression, "So?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter