Twenty Nine

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri's POV

The moment we reached the hospital, mum, dad, Soojung and Baekhyun were already there. Everyone was looking very distressed, especially mum, who was sobbing in my dad's arms. I looked at Sehun oppa, who had a puzzled look written on his face. I can't deny that a feeling called fear crept into me... I am afraid that Sehun oppa will leave me and Sera again for my older sister because of her vulnerable state. 

"May I know who are Bae Joohyun's family members?"

We all charged towards the doctor who just came out of the ward.

"I am her mum. How is she?"

"We have cleared the pills from her intestine, her condition is stable whereas her mental isn't. She seemed to suffer from depression. I have prescribed medicine for her, however, I would suggest the patient to seek professional help."

"Can we go and look at her?"

"Yes you may."

Walking into the ward with a heavy heart, I didn't have the courage to look at my sister. Afterall, my sister attempted suicide because I took Sehun oppa away from her.

"Sehun..."

My older sister cried for Sehun oppa and without hesitation, Sehun oppa rushed to her side and embraced her, letting Joohyun eonni seek comfort from him. I could feel their love from the way they hugged... What's rights do I have to take that away...

Just then, someone gave me a pat on my shoulder. I turned behind and smiled to the other party. It's my younger sister. I assured her that I was fine before bringing my focus back to Sehun oppa and Joohyun eonni to find Sehun oppa already had his eyes on me. 

"Sehun... Can you come back to me? I can't live without you..." Joohyun cried and begged, as if her life depended on Sehun oppa. 

My heart dropped as that question escaped Joohyun eonni's mouth. What if Sehun oppa decided to return to her side? I can't take any more rejection. I had enough of being neglected and thrown away as and when the others want. 

"No," I said firmly, causing everyone to shift their orbs to me, "Sehun oppa and I already got married. You can't just ask him to return to your side, even though you and Sehun oppa still love each other..."

"You shut up! It's all your fault!" Joohyun eonni snapped, "You ! You stole Sehun from me first! Do you think you are up to standard to be Sehun's wife? Look at how you look! I am obviously better than you!!" Then she threw a pillow towards my direction.

My mum quickly rushed over to calm my sister down, "Okay hush Joohyun... Bae Jinri, your sister is sick, can you spare a thought for her?"

"Then who has ever spare a thought for me? I am always the one being neglected and dumped! Just because I am ugly and not as pretty as Joohyun eonni and Soojung?? I have such ill-fate huh!"

"Bae Jinri!" My father bellowed as he slapped me across my face. 

I held onto my reddened cheeks with teary eyes. I could tell that my father regretted throwing such harsh action on me and everyone was shocked to see me getting slapped by own father. Sobbing, I ran out of the ward, away from everyone.

 

The night seemed a little more calming than usual. There were many stars surrounding the crescent moon tonight, but there is one particular star, that doesn't seem to be shining as bright as others, being isolated. That star is just like me. The wind felt so much cooling when I sat high above the edge. I looked down at the cars driving and the lights glowing from every corner of Seoul. What a beautiful night scenery, a scenery that is far from how I felt right now. I felt terrible and upset. I knew clearly that no matter how rage I am towards the unfair treatment, I am always taken as a joke, unlike my sisters, so why did I even bother trying? Mum will always be there to offer advise to Joohyun eonni and make sure she gets the best; dad is always there to shower Soojung with materialistic goods; but what about me? Insults and scoldings.

Am I not their daughter too? Got treated like trash in school, got neglected by my parents, got zero attention from the guy I love, how pathetic can I get? What's the point of trying so hard to live? 

Sera. Sera is my only motivation left. Images of daughter's smiling face appearing in my brain got me crying again. 

It seemed so easy to a life. I just have to stand up and jump down from here. But I am timid. And if I re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter