Three

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe Baekhyun was right. At the end of the day, I am bound to get hurt. I kept stealing glances at my older sister who is sitting opposite of me at the dining table. She caught me looking at her and she smiled to me, "Eat more Jinri," she placed another chicken on my bowl. 

How can I hate her dating my dream guy? She is my older sister; Sehun and her met way before me. But I can't help to feel unjustified at how unfair the world is. Why am I the least popular among them? Why is it that no boy ever showed interest in me? I don't think I am ugly, I just look plain. I tried putting make up but I got ridiculed by the boys in my class few years ago for looking like a monkey. From then on, I got rid of all the cosmetics that I owned. Talking about self-esteem and insecurity here... 

"I am done eating..." I put down my bowl and chopsticks and left the dining table despite my parents' and sisters' curious gazes. 

Closing and locking the door, I finally let myself broke into tears. Is it so hard to find someone that would me wholeheartedly? Why am I always the one who falls in love but ends up getting hurt because the guy doesn't feel the same way like I do? 

I want to call Baekhyun so badly to talk to him but I realised he is probably still having fun with his date, hence, I buried myself under my blanket and forced myself to sleep. Life moves on, no matter how ty it is. 

 

"Woah, what happened to you eonni?"

I didn't reply Soojung verbally, instead, I just shook my head and assured her that I am fine with a smile. But no, I am far from being okay. We walked towards the bus stop and I saw Baekhyun sitting there as well. He greeted Soojung no matter how annoying she is to him and his face fell when he saw my face. I must have looked crap and horrible with puffy and swollen eyes. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" Baekhyun cupped my face and made me look at him. He tried looking for an answer from Soojung but I saw her shrugging her shoulder from my peripheral view. 

"I am fine..."

"Jinri, you are very bad at lying, just tell me will you?"

I s my arms around Baekhyun's waist and cried in his embrace, leaving both Baekhyun and Soojung lost and confused at my sudden mental burst out. 

 

As if the day hasn't been bad enough. The whole school was talking about my sister and her boyfriend. Apparently someone had saw them dating at Hongdae yesterday and they captured pictures and they circulated them in the school. I saw the pictures of Sehun and Joohyun eonni and my heart just crushed again. Although I didn't tell Baekhyun anything, he probably got what happened to me from my reaction to those pictures. 

"Wow," Soojung kept scrolling her phone to read all the gossips regarding to their relationship, "Eonni's boyfriend is pretty hot."

I know Soojung. I know. 

"Wait, I know him," Soojung exclaimed as she put down her phone and widened her eyes and mouth at me, "Oh Sehun. He is Performing Arts School of Seoul dancing king! I remembered seeing him at one of the competitions before! He is extremely good, and all the girls in his school are crazy over him. Not only he is good in dancing, I heard that he is good in studies as well! No wonder eonni likes him. They are a great pair."

My shoulder dropped again hearing Soojung's words, even Soojung agreed that they are a perfect match. 

"Yah, you are so busybody! G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter