One

One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri's POV

"Yah Jongin! Throw the ball to me!!"

"N-Now it's not the time!!"

"Yah Kim Jongin! Throw the ball the to Baekhyun!"

I turned my head to see the opposing team charging towards Jongin to snatch the ball and being defensive, I pushed the girl away and she yelped as she fell on the ground. What even? It's just a slight push. 

"Give it to me Kim Jongin!!"

Byun Baekhyun, my best friend shouted furiously our class's nerd, Kim Jongin. He was trembling with the ball in his hands before closing his eyes and throwing the ball to an unknown direction. The ball went out of boundary and our physical education teacher blew the whistle, stopping the game. Great, we lost. Thanks to Kim Jongin. 

"Aish! Yah! Told you to throw the ball to me!" Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Sorry," Jongin apologised.

I walked towards the two boys with poker face,"Baek, forget it."

Losing is definitely not a great feeling. That's right, I, Bae Jinri, hate losing. Despite that, I will never blame our loss on anyone else. But then again, seeing the victorious and arrogant looks of the opposing team really irks me. I rolled my eyes when the chairman of our class, Kim Yuna, smirked at me. I seriously had no idea what's up with her poise for always picking at me, however, I am not a pushover. The fact that her father, as the director of the school, backs her up makes her more superior than others in our class but I personally think she has a horrible personality. Kim Yuna probably hates me for the fact that my sisters are prettier and more popular than her. 

Bae Joohyun, the goddess of Seoul High, who is also my older sister. She is two years older than me, so she is in the senior class. No one in Seoul High doesn't know her. She is famous for her beauty, her elegance, and her intelligence in both academics and music. Did I mention that she plays the piano really well? She doesn't really mix with others and she only hangs out with the same group of girls despite her popularity but she has tons of admirers. 

There were rumors spreading that my sister is dating someone but no matter how I asked, she wouldn't say anything. So I gave up after a while. 

Bae Soojung, my sister who is a year younger than me, is the popular dancing queen of our school. Unlike Joohyun, Soojung is more active and sociable. She makes friends with everyone and she is more concerned with the number of followers on her Instagram. I remembered she complained to me once when she lost 2 followers. Seriously, what's the big deal? Soojung is more talkative while Joohyun is more reserved. However, they are popular for the same thing - beauty.

I forgot to mention that Soojung is our family's happy pill and definitely daddy and mummy's favourite little girl. 

And there is me, the normal looking middle child, who is always being neglected at home. Neither am I pretty nor am I smart. I am more often as 'Joohyun's younger sister' and 'Soojung's sister', and not my name. It bothers me in the beginning, but after a while, I succumbed to the fate of being the insignificant one. Since kindergarten, it has always been like that. 

"A penny of thoughts Jinnie?" 

My train of thoughts were disrupted as Baekhyun called me and threw a bottle of ice water to me. I sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter