T W E N T Y E I G H T.

Paper Hearts

Friday. 5 PM Seoul, South Korea.

A crazy little thing called love.

Jimin stood behind Jungkook with a big fat smirk pasted on his face. The maknae sighed and looked up to lock gazes with his best friend. Jimin kept calm, trying his best control his inner vkook fanboy feels, so he simply crossed his arms and mocked the maknae by clapping.

"Bravo!" Jimin kept on clapping while continuing his teasing, "Wait. Is there a hidden camera anywhere?" Jimin pretended to search for the supposed to be hidden camera.

"Just stop okay? Don't make it harder for me as it already is. Count yourself lucky for me to even tell you this," Jungkook uttered with disappointment as he was hoping for Jimin to help him out with his petite problem.

Jimin immediately stopped clapping and gave Jungkook an apologetic smile. He wasn't used to see Jungkook acting weak anymore. He was expecting Jungkook to be his usual self... mean, arrogant and someone who couldn't care less about anything, but no there he was being the one making fun of the said boy. Jimin felt bad for doing so, knowing his best friend was lost at the moment for falling in love with someone for the first time.

"Sorry," Jimin threw away his pride and apologized. Jungkook spinned his body around to face Jimin, "So what are you planning to do now?"

"I was hoping you could tell me that. What am I supposed to do? Why does it feel like I'm totally losing the control of my heart? My hormones are going crazy and I don't know what to do," Jungkook admitted desperately.

He wasn't deemed to fall in love now, especially with someone like Taehyung. This was way out of his imaginary, but he can't do anything about it. You can't chose whom to love or whom to hate, it just happens naturally right? The way Jungkook looked at Jimin, Jimin could tell through his eyes that the boy was definitely about to break down at any moment. It was surely the first time Jimin saw Jungkook being troubled with something.

"Ohh man, it's gonna be a hard operation," Jimin scratched the back of his head, thinking about how to calm down the effervesced maknae. He needs a plan, the best would be... NOW or as soon as possible.

"What are you two doing?" Yugyeom peeked into the restroom "What's wrong with Jungkook? Dayum, you're so pale... are you sick?" Yugyeom opened the door widely and entered, making his way over to Jungkook.

"I would rather say love sick," Jimin whispered to himself, loud enough for Jungkook to hear.

"Pardon?" Yugyeom asked.

"Pardon?" Jungkook repeated in panic, shooting a deathglare at his best friend, "Yea, I'm not really feeling well. Maybe because I'm tired?" Jungkook let out an awkward laugh, making Yugyeom raised an eyebrow, "I think I'm driving back home."

"I thought you're hungry?" Yugyeom inquired confused. Before Jungkook could respond, Yugyeom shrugged his shoulders and added, "You know what? Let's eat at your place," with that he exited the room and left the two behind.

"Back to you," Jimin turned his attention back to Jungkook, "Should I help you? Like, should I tell Taehyung for you?" Jungkook hysterically shook his head.

"Are you crazy?" Jungkook vocalized with a firm voice, "Give me 2 days and I'll be the one telling him."

"2 days? You know that the clock is ticking. 2 days could be to late for you to tell him how you feel. Just to remind you, you're not alone in the game anymore," Jimin lied, knowing to well that Taehyung would only chose Jungkook over anyone in this world, even over Hoseok with whom Taehyung was in love ever since he was a little kid.

"What do you mean, I'm not alone in the game? Can you please be more precise? I'm not in the right state of mind to think straight," Jungkook reminded his best friend about his situation.

"Ohh excuuuse me," Jimin smiled, "Hoseok? Remember? I don't know about you, but it looks like he wants something from Taehyung and for sure Taehyung would consider him as a perfect boyfriend material," Jimin deadpanned, "So you better get yourself straight... wait that sounded wrong. No, don't get yourself straight just be all gay for Taehyung okay? You have my blessing!"

"Park Jimin!" Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I got carried away by all these feels and oh god, this is so exciting! Can't believe my Kookie is all grown up now," Jimin clasped his hands together and looked at Jungkook, like a proud mum would look at his son.

"Ugh, can someone just kill me?" Jungkook facepalmed himself for telling Jimin.

"I volunteer!" Yoongi in, "What's going on here? Is something for free for you two to stay here for so long?" Yoongi joked, "By the way, Kook you're food is ready to go!"

"I'm out!" Jungkook passed by and went out to grab his order.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin called after him and Jungkook turned around, "Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock," Jimin pointed at his watch.

"Whatever," Jungkook raised his hand and waved them a goodbye, "Let's go Yeom!" Yugyeom put his cellphone back into his pocket and shot up from his seat, following Jungkook to the car.

------

Saturday. 12 AM Seoul, South Korea.

Right time.

Hoseok picked up the towel beside Taehyung's bed and made his way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Taehyung was sitting at his desk, busy with writting the lyrics to his new composed song when his phone vibrated.

from: J

Badum

Badum


Taehyung quickly pulled on the earphonecord to unplugged it from his ears and rubbed his eyes, picking up his phone. He thought he was dreaming. This wasn't possible was it?

A new message.

A new message from Jeon Jungkook.

Yes. It was absolutely Jeon Jungkook, there is no one in Taehyung's contact list that was saved under that name and especially with a heart. Taehyung stared at his device a little bit to long, because he got a new message. And this time, Taehyung was damn straight that the message Jungkook sent before was for him. Otherwise it would be weird if Jungkook would unintentionally send him 2 text messages.

Taehyung gathered his guts and opened the message.

 



Badum

Badum


Taehyung was getting dizzy. What is there to talked about at 12 in the morning? After all it was Jeon Jungkook, who sent him this message. Taehyung surprisingly stayed calm, thinking about what Jimin had thought him. He had to stick to their plan to be able to win Jungkook's heart. Taehyung took a deep breath and wrote back.



Badum

Badum


Taehyung patiently waited for a reply, but 5 minutes passed by and there was still no reply. Suddenly the doorbell rang and Taehyung frozed, already knowing who was standing in front of his house. He snapped out of his thoughts and decided it would be the best to face Jungkook, since it seems important for Jungkook to write him this late.

He slowly approached the door and Jungkook rang the bell for the second time. Only 5 meters away from the door, Taehyung could swear he was about to faint. Opening the door, he was right... it was indeed Jeon Jungkook, who was standing outside of his house.

"Hey," Jungkook waved contrivedly.

"Hey," Taehyung repeated, "Uhm... do you want to come in?" Jungkook shook his head, "Uhm..."

"Would you mind if we take a short walk?" Jungkook suggested out of nowhere, "I know it's pretty late and you're supposed to be--"

"It's fine! Let me quickly put on my shoes," Taehyung smiled while he put on his jordans, "Let's go?" Jungkook nodded and they went for a walk.

It was maybe a bad idea from Jungkook to take a walk, because no words are being exchanged. Taehyung was playing with his fingers, avoiding eye contact with Jungkook at any cost and same with Jungkook, who was busy kicking a small stone.

Jungkook knew, this wasn't going to get them anywhere, so he cleared his throat to kill the silence.

"So how was your day?" Jungkook asked sincerely.

"Okay I guess? To be honest, it was awesome because Hoseok came to visit me," Jungkook waged his head, "Why are you asking?"

"Oh. What did you guys do today?"

"Nothing special," Taehyung responded nervously, "We were actually just catching up on everything... Jungkook? Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Is something bothering you or did I do something that made you upset?" Taehyung recalled the scene at the restaurant were Jungkook was giving him his unpleasant look, when he told the latter that he was going home with Hoseok.


"Actually that's what I wanted to talk about," Jungkook admitted, "I really need to tell you something and it's been bothering me the whole day. So hear me out?" Taehyung nodded, curious about what Jungkook's going to tell him.


It's now or never, Jeon Jungkook.

Badum

Badum


"Okay," Taehyung agreed and gave Jungkook time to express himself.

"I never done this before and I don't even know why on earth I'm doing this. For some reason, it's bothering me that you've been kinda acting different towards me the whole day. This may sound selfish and self-centered but I'm used that you're basically everywhere where I am, like you're the only person I spend most of the time with. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is... Is it just me or are you ignoring me?" Jungkook straightforwardly inquired Taehyung.

Badum

Badum


Taehyung was speechless, he was shocked for Jungkook to tell him these kinds of things, but he had to do what he needs to.

"Me? Ignoring you? No way," Taehyung lied, "Why would I even do that? I mean there's no reason for me to ignore you is there?" Jungkook shook his head, because there was really nothing he did to make Taehyung ignore him.

"I don't know, you tell me. Is there a reason? It's just that you barely talked to me in class and you didn't write me any text messages like you used to do," Jungkook reiterated.

"Sorry. I don't mean to give you that feeling. I was just thinking that I might already get on your nerve so I tried to distance myself a little bit. And Hoseok came for a visit and we didn't see each other for ages, so I'm trying to spend as much time with him as long as he's still here," Taehyung explained, lying about the part that there is no reason for him to ignore the maknae, because we all know the reason.

"It's okay. I was just wondering. Now to something that I really need to tell you but I didn't know how," Jungkook paused, his heartbeats are getting out of hand, his hands started to sweat and he felt like the whole world was against him when he looked into Taehyung's eyes.

Badum

Badum


. I'm really in love with Kim Taehyung.

"And that is? You're kinda scaring me right now," Taehyung iterated scared and Jungkook could only crack a smile at how cute Taehyung is, everytime he's questioning the situation.

"Just listen carefully to what I'm going to say, because I don't know if I'm able to repeat it more than once," Taehyung acquiesced and did what he was told to, "I can't believe I'm really doing this. Okay. Taehyung, I-I think I I'm..." Jungkook stuttered like a mad man, so he paused for a second to gather his courage and started once again, "Taehyung, I think I've fallen in--"

"Taehyung? Are you there?" Hoseok interupted Jungkook at the most adversed moment, "Oh hey Jungkook. It's already 12.30, what brings you here?" Hoseok looked at his phoneclock.

"We were just talking," Taehyung answered for Jungkook, "Hoseok can you give us 5 minutes? We're almost finish," Taehyung requested and Hoseok took it as a cue to leave the two alone, until Jungkook spoke up.

"It's okay, you can stay. I'll be going now," Jungkook's smile faded away. He wasn't in mood anymore to tell Taehyung about his feeling, after seeing Hoseok.

"Are you sure?" Hoseok reassured he wasn't disturbing their little conversation, but all he got was the cold shoulder of Jungkook, who ignored his question.

"But you already started and it made me curious now," Taehyung stopped Jungkook from going, "Aren't you going to at least finish the last sentence?"

Jungkook looked back and gave Taehyung a warm smile, "I'll tell you another time."

"But..."

"Good night TaeTae!" Jungkook wheeled back and shifted his body towards his residence and left an invisible questionmark above Taehyung's head.

Badum

Badum

Sweet dreams hyung.


"Good night to you too, Jungkookie-ah," Taehyung quietly said to himself, watching Jungkook disappearing in the dark.

----------------------

Hello from the other side! HAHA

Don't kill me guys for updating so late... I was in london for a week and I didn't find time to write this chapter.
So I took all the time today and started typing this chapter! And it's exactly 1.10 AM over here in Europe...
Ugh, er Hoseok hehe sorry if I had to do it. I had something better in mind so I left it the way it is right now.
So you guys definitely have to stay tune!!

with lots of love,
- missright123


P.S. Check out my youtube channel T__T I started to vlog and I thought I should share it with you hehe
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPsPGQXlLB3hBGA2NJXhwwg