S E V E N T E E N.

Paper Hearts

 

Sunday, 12:20 PM Jeju-do.

Jealous Maknae.

Taehyung looked at the light blue notebook in his hands that Jimin fished out of the black carton that has a picture of a grumpy Yoongi, from the shelve above the white desk. Going through the notebook and reading a few sentences of each page, Taehyung made a grimace.

"Are you sure this will work at Jungkook too?" Jimin gave him a look of I'm Park Jimin, with a lot of jam, of course it's gonna work face. "Is there anything else I should be aware of?" Jimin shook his head.

"No, that's basically all you need. Easy right? I even documented all the progress that I've made,"  Jimin pointed at his mini notebook in Taehyung's hand and that made Taehyung feel a little bit better. "Don't worry, Tae. I don't even think you will need that. I mean look at you, just do some flirting and a little aegyo. And boom! Besides, who the can’t like you?" Jimin questioned.

"Unfortunately Jungkook," Yoongi responded, stuffing a piece of pizza into his mouth and put his mobilephone on the nightstand. "Yah!" Yoongi cursed when Jimin threw a pillow right into his face.

"You're not helping, babe!" Jimin crossed his arms irritated and tapped his foot impatiently against the fluffy white carpet "Don't listen to him. It's half past 12 and his brain doesn't really work anymore," Jimin commented.

"Yah, that's not true! I'm just trying to point out that we're talking about Jungk--" before Yoongi could defend himself, Jimin took a piece of pizza and sealed his mouth with it, to prevent him from scaring the helpless monkey, who was hopelessly in love with the maknae.

"Pizza?" Jimin let out an awkward laugh but Taehyung shook his head. 

Where did the pizza even come from? 

"Yoongi often wakes up in the middle of the night and craves for food. Since he's lazy in person and a grampa in addition, I often place something on the nightstand just in case."

"How did you..." Taehyung thought for a second and remembered it was Jimin, who was standing in front of him, "Nevermind," he scratched the topic and turned the doorknob, "Thank you guys. I wouldn't have known what to do without you. I'm going to head to sleep now!" Taehyung waved them a goodnight and proceeded his way to his shared bedroom with Jungkook.

"Tae?" Jimin called the said boy before he could disappear behind the door.

"Yes?" Taehyung whispered through the silent hall.

"Hwaiting!" Jimin cheered him and he was thankful that some people are there to support him.

Taehyung closed the door behind him and there he was, leaning against the door and watched the sleeping person on the bed. It was too dark for Taehyung to see the face that made his heart go insane but the moonlight that shined into the window enlighten the maknae’s face.

After a while, Taehyung decided to sit on the window sill, since it was impossible for him to go back to sleep. The full moon, hanging above the sky, fascinated him. 

Wow, the moon looks so wonderful tonight. 

Taehyung pulled out his mobile device and took a picture of the calm atmosphere of the night.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung held in his breath and turned to the bed, where Jungkook was sat upright, his usual poker face on.

"Jungkook-ah," Taehyung was so startled that he didn't know what to say. Even saying Jungkook's name was a big deal. 

, here it goes again.

Badum

Badum

"It's almost 1. You should go to bed," Jungkook suggested, surprising Taehyung. 

Was that a hint of concern? 

"I'm going back to sleep." Taehyung nodded.

"I-I'll be d-doing my bed now," 

Great. I'm stuttering.

"Why are you..." Jungkook asked, confusing Taehyung. 

Why what? Why I stuttered. Oh my god, he noticed. Kill me. 

Taehyung paniced on the inside. "...doing your bed?" Jungkook finished his question.

"Me?" Taehyung pointed at himself

"Who else?" Taehyung blushed for behaving so awkwardly around the maknae.

"Well, because it won't do itself?" Taehyung responded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And that is because...?"

"I'm tired. I want to sleep," Taehyung answered sharply.

"Pabo. Here's enough space," Jungkook shuffled over. "What?" He asked Taehyung, who was still standing in the middle of the room. "Hurry, before I change my mind," Jungkook warned him and Taehyung didn't hesitate and laid down beside the maknae. 

Badum

Badum

Taehyung was lying next to Jungkook and all he could do to not lose his feels was to simply stare at the ceiling. 

Am I dreaming? 

Since when is Jungkook so abnormally nice to me?

And this question sadly kept him awake. How could he sleep with the heart condition of his? With Jungkook right beside him?

This going to be a loooong night.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung finally managed to say, after trying his best to fall asleep.

"Hmm...?" Taehyung's eyes widened, not expecting the maknae to still be awake and to reply.

Silence.

"Why did you let me sleep in your bed?" Taehyung bit his lips, gathering all his guts to break the silence. The following seconds were like hell for him when Jungkook stayed silent.

"We're friends now," he said after a while.

"We are...?" Taehyung wasn't sure if he heard right. 

Did he say...

"Friends," Jungkook repeated.

----------**----------

Even though Taehyung didn't get a lot of sleep, he was in a good mood and he headed down the stairs, following the aroma of coffee that came from nowhere else but the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen, everyone was eyeing him. Taehyung realized that he was the only one who was still absent.

"Good morning guys!" Taehyung gave them his cutest morning face.

"Now I get what Yoongi means with 4D," Jin looked at Taehyung and the said boy let out a small giggle.

"Here!" Jimin waved at him, patting on the empty chair between him and Jungkook. Settling down, Jimin couldn't help but smirk. "Someone’s having a good morning here," Jimin leaned in and whispered into Taehyung's ear.

"He said we're friends," Taehyung whispered quietly enough that only Jimin could hear it.

"I see," Jimin was happy for him as he patted him on the back.

"Thanks for sharing," Jungkook muttered.

"Why so interested, maknae?" Jimin teased.

"As if," Jungkook replied, rolling his eyes and with that Taehyung's mood became darker. 

As if...

"Since we're all gathered here. Let's talk about the week," Jin interrupted. "As we all know, except for Taehyung... we use this place as a kind of healing camp. Tomorrow's monday again and I wanna know if we still need to stay or if we can fly back to Seoul," He pulled out 6 tickets and shifted his gaze to the cause of their sudden vacation. "And?"

"We can fly back," Jungkook asserted.

"And can we know why?" Jin was suprised that Jungkook was the first one to speak up.

"Is this an interrogation?" Jungkook rolled his eyes and Jin gave him a serious face, "Fine. We're friends now. Happy?"

"Is that true Taehyung?" Jin couldn't believe what Jungkook said. It's been a very long time that the word 'friends' left Jungkook's mouth, especially when it comes to people they just met a month ago.

----------**----------

Taehyung was sitting on the carpet, reading one of his favorite book when Jungkook's cellphone vibrated from the bed.

"Jungkook-ah, Yoongi's calling you!" Taehyung took the device and held it up in the air, but all he got to hear was the running water in the bathroom. 

He must be washing his face.

He was about to put it back on the bed, when the phone vibrated again and this time it was a text message.

 

From: Gramps
Yow maknae, a little game after yu are finished with jogging? I'm with Jimin. Shopping -__-

 

A light bulb appeared above Taehyungs's head. 

This is it.

Opening the light blue notebook that was hidden under his folded clothes, he started to read the first page.

 

Dear [your name],

I hope this will help you to get your crush to like you back! I'm Jimin-ah and this is a living proof that these tipps helped me to wrap Min Yoongi around my little finger.

Good luck to you my friend!

Steps to LOVE 
by Park Jimin

 

Chapter 1: Get him to notice you: 

  • Find out what he likes to do. 

 

Found out what he likes? Now be there and do the same thing. Does he like sports, or maybe singing/rapping? If you can, be in the same place with him doing the same activity.

 

(Get close to him so that he starts noticing you right away.)

 

  • Let him know that you are there. 

     Say "Hi" and "Goodbye." Wave at him. When he replies back to you, you know he's noticed you.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2: Be comfortable around him 

 

  • Find ways to let him know you want to talk with him even about little things.

 

 

Chapter 3: Start doing things together

 

 

You might have to be the one who asks him, but if he agrees, it's okay.

 

Go to an amusement park (roller-coasters, mini-golf, arcade games, etc.)

Go to the movies?

 

 

 

Chapter 4: Back off!

 

Backing off is important because it lets him know what he's missing when he doesn't see you.

    try hanging out with another guy for a day, just to pique his interest.

 

 

 

Chapter 5: Start dropping hints

 

"I really like hanging out with you!"

 

"You're fun."

 

"Is there anyone, you are interessted right now?"

 

 

 

Chapter 6: Tell him

 

If he still doesn't get it... Just tell him.

 

 

 

Taehyung quickly took out his sports things and get himself changed. He leered at the still closed bathroom before he walked out of the room.

 

"What did you say?" Jungkook opened the bathroom door a little bit and peeked out, but the monkey wasn't in the room anymore. 

 

Where did he go?

 

----------**----------

 

 

It had been a long time since Taehyung went out to jog, but it felt great. He didn't know the itinerary of Jungkook, so he stopped and waited for Jungkook to come along.

 

"Taehyung?"

 

Here we go.

 

Badum

 

Badum

Taehyung stiffened upon hearing his name. 

Oh my god. 

Taehyung was expecting the maknae to stand behind him with an eyebrow raised, probably asking himself what he was doing. Taking a deep breath, he turned around with closed eyes, calming his racing heart. Slowly opening his eyes, Taehyung realized that he was nervous for nothing. The guy in front of him wasn't Jungkook.

"Hyung?" Taehyung asked, confused.

Jin hyung? Jogging? 

"I didn't know you have a passion for jogging," Taehyung added.

"I don't," Jin replied "But I can ask you the same thing. So, our Taehyungie is an athlete? I see..." Jin nodded, with a hand placed under his chin. "I was looking for Jungkook."

"No, I was just in mood and I was curious why Jungkook always go for a jog everyday."

"Thats kinda overwhelming me..." 

Badum

Badum

Jungkook stopped and with a smirk he walked passed Taehyung, now facing Jin.

Are you sure about him? 

Taehyung patterned on his chest, cursing himself for falling inlove with someone like Jungkook.

"Seriously, you should get your heart checked," Jungkook surprisingly offered his water bottle. "Here..." Taehyung stared at the maknae. 

Is he really offering me HIS water bottle? 

"What?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow and Taehyung shook his head.

"N-Nothing," he stuttered, accepting the maknae’s offer. "Thanks."

"Hmmm... you like sports am I right?" Jungkook stated, making Taehyung choked on his own saliva. "Yea, I was wondering because you played basketball very well and now running?"

"You noticed?" Taehyung asked. 

Holy japchae!

"Yup," Jungkook responded. "Why are you grinning?" Jungkook noticed his hyung looking at them with happiness.

"I'm happy for you to finally get along with each other," Seokjin stated. "Ugh, you guys would make the perfect cou--"

"Finish that sentence and I will tell Namjoon about your little secret," Jungkook warned, piercing Seokjin with his eyes.

"..." Seokjin didn't dare to mess with the evil maknae "Okay!!! I got a surprise for you later!"

"Whatever. Are you coming?" Jungkook questioned Taehyung, "Let's jog together..."

Badum

Badum

----------**----------

After a half hour of running, Jungkook got a call from Yoongi and he went to the gym with Taehyung tagging along with him.

"Oh hey Taehyung! Good that you came too. We need one more player!" Yoongi tied his shoelaces.

"We?" Jungkook didn't know that Jimin was there too.

"Jungkook-ah!" Their head shifted to the person who came in with Jin.

Hyung?

"Surpriiiiiiiise!" Jin yelled.

"Hey brother from another mother, when's the wedding?" Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Oh hey, you must be Taehyung? Jungkook's childhood friend, Yugyeom," a handsome young men outstretched his hand.

"Taehyung..." Taehyung shook his hand and for some reason, Jungkook felt his stomach flip. 

What the ?

"I know," Yugyeom smiled.

Yugyeom walked to the maknae and Jungkook greeted his hyung. "Wow, Kookie you've grown a lot!" Yugyeom took a look on the maknae.

"I'm going to college what did you expect?" Jungkook said harshly.

"You really are cold now," Yugyeom ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"There you are!" Namjoon said, "Babe? Taehyung? What are you guys doing here?" he pointed at the two.

"They were looking for eggs. You know, Easter bunny bull," Jungkook sarcastically replied.

"What? But aren't you already old enough for this babe?" Namjoon asked and everyone in the room facepalmed themselves. "What?"

"Babe, it's not Easter yet and hey are you calling me childish?" Jin questioned in disbelief.

"You are childish hyung," Jungkook joined the conversation.

"I. am. Not," Jin crossed his arms and pouted.

"Yea, not at all!" Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Anyways, what are you doing in here?"

"Just came for a short visit. It was just a stopover, my dad is having a businessmeeting right now. Since I heard that you guys are here, I thought it's a great opportunity to come and visit," Yugyeom explained "I'll be staying in Seoul in a few weeks for a longer stay though."

"Great," Jungkook whispered, still not in the state of mind to explain why he was acting like that to someone he was actually close with.

"Huh? What did you say?" Yugyeom didn't hear the maknae.

"I said that I'm happy you came. We missed you," Jungkook faked a smile. 

Did I?

"Did you just say, we missed you? So you're not as antisocial as the rumor says," Yugyeom teased.

"Don't make me regret telling you that," Jungkook said with his poker face on.

"Sorry, I'm lat-- Yugyeom?" Jimin blinked quickly. "Is that really you? Long time no see, how are you? Jin-hyung and Namjoon hyung? What brings you here?"

"Namjoon was looking for me, to tell me that Yugyeom is here and Seokjin came with Yugyeom," Jungkook answered.

"And I came to visit you all,..." Yugyeom in and placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder, "And I wanted to meet Taehyung, since I heard so many great things about him."

"Still the old flirt huh?" Jimin and Yugyeom made the coolest handshake ever, at least that's what Jimin thought.

"As you can tell. Since when are you guys on babe-terms?" Yugyeom shifted his gaze to Jin and Namjoon interwined fingers.

"Since they made out in the kitchen," Jimin joined the conversation and Jin blushed like there's not going to be a tomorrow.

"What is this, the new talk shaw studio?" Namjoon joked, "And how did you know that we made out in the kitchen?"

"I didn't, but good to know," Jimin smirked. 

Gotcha. 

"Did it hurt?" Yugyeom, who still had his hand rested on Taehyung's shoulder, asked.

"What?" Taehyung turned around to face Yugyeom.

"When you fell from heaven...?" Yugyeom finished his pick-up-line.

"Wow. I think I feel my breakfast coming up, Can we play now?" Jungkook inquired impatiently, ready to play and Taehyung freed himself from Yugyeom.

"Well the King had spoken," Yugyeom teased. "I'm going to take a walk, wanna come with me Taehyung?" Yugyeom stretched out his hands, waiting for Taehyung to place his hand on his.

"Can you guys leave now? I came to play basketball with Suga hyung and you're invading the court," Jungkook examined the way his childhood friend was flirting with Taehyung and he felt a sting in his heart. 

Badum

Badum

What is wrong with me today?

"Sorry, I think I have to decline the offer. I wanna play basketball too," Taehyung responded.

"Here, you forgot your water bottle," Jimin gave Taehyung his waterbottle that he forgot in the kitchen

"Are you really going to take a walk alone?" Jin questioned the pouting Yugyeom.

"Seems like I have to," the said boy answered with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Since you're going to take a walk alone, wanna help cook dinner instead?"

"Sounds like a better plan for me!" Yugyeom asserted "Woaah, can't wait to taste your delicious food again!"

"So I guess you're staying Tae?"

"Yea," Taehyung replied, looking at Jungkook, who was already dribbling the basketball.

"Okay, got it!" Jimin smiled, leaned in and whispered "Chapter 1?"

"Uh huh" Taehyung nodded, his eyes glued on the one and only...

Jeon Jungkook

Jimin quickly planted a kiss on Yoongi's lips, before parting and dragging Yugyeom with him towards Jin's house. Jimin gave Taehyung a thumbs up before leaving him alone with the basketballplayers.

"And Jungkook? Did you bring your towel with you? Not that you end up wrapping a pink flower towel around your waist," Jimin teased.

"Yah!" Jungkook yelled.

"Bye Kookie, we need to go," Jimin quickly turned around and walked towards the exit.

"Yah!" Jungkook repeated but Jimin apologized before running out of the gym.

"Ugh," Jungkook sighed in frustration, waiting for the day he'd be allowed to chop of his hyung’s head. 

I must have done something bad in my past life to deserve this. 

Taehyung watched the maknae cursing at Jimin, who embarrassed him in front of Yugyeom and of course Jungkook noticed that, "What? It's all your fault," Jungkook hissed.

"I-I k-know, but it's okay though. They will forget about it soon..." 

"Yah, you two lovebirds. Can we play now?" Yoongi broke the awkward silence between the two.

"Shut up, gramps," Jungkook scolded his hyung. 

----------**----------

"Let's now play one versus one. You two can start," Yoongi stated, resting himself on the bench.

"Hey!" Taehyung was smiling from ear to ear, while waving his hand like a damn fan. 

Someone save meeeeeeeeee...

Jungkook innerly yelled at the top of his lungs.

Taehyung pouted, was it that bad to play alone with him? But the main reason why Taehyung was upset was because Jungkook didn't respond to him. Taehyung was trying to make Jungkook notice him but all he got was ignorance from the maknae.

First attempt...

FAILED.

----------**----------

"Yeoboseyo?" Yoongi picked up his ringing phone.

"Are you guys finished?" Jimin that was at the end of the line asked.

"Finished 5 minutes ago babe," Yoongi felt the butterflies flutter inside his stomach, when Jiming told him that he already misses him. "Yea, we're already on our way now," Yoongi assured, "See you in a few minutes. Don't miss me too much," Yoongi teased and Jimin felt his cheeks turning a deep red.

"Baaaabe...Just come okay?" Jimin hung up.

"Seriously, you guys are so cheese filled that it hurts to listen," Jungkook commented.

"At least you get to spend time with your lover and even play one versus one," Yoongi smirked.

"He's not my lover!" Jungkook half-shouted. 

OUCH. 

Taehyung's chest tightened.

"No way!" Taehyung fake-vomited.

"That's what I said before ending up with Jimin" Yoongi explained.

"We're not Jimin and you." Jungkook argued.

"We'll talk about that in 2 months," Yoongi answered, "We're home!" Yoongi opened the front door.

"We're in the kitchen!" Jin yelled.

"Taehyung! Here, sit beside me!" Yugyeom waved and patted the seat beside him the moment he saw Taehyung stepped into the kitchen. Seeing that, Jungkook overtook Taehyung and settled down on the seat that was supposed to be Taehyung's place.

"Sorry hyung," Jungkook looked at the monkey.

"It's okay," He was surprised at Taehyung's reaction, because he was expecting the older one to fight him, but instead Taehyung sat down on his usual place without any notification of him being angry or pissed off at the action he made.

"How was the game?" Jimin asked his boyfriend after dinner.

"Nothing special," Yoongi responded. "Except that I missed my baby," everyone in the table groaned at the cheesy answer of Yoongi, even Yugyeom choked on his own saliva.

"God, since when did you get so cheesy Yoongi?" Yugyeom doesn't remember Yoongi to be a lovey-dovey person.

"Since I got my seoulmate entered my life," Jimin playfully smacked his boyfriend’s arm. "What? It's true though!"

"Just stop," everyone agreed. It was too much fluff to handle.

"Anyone wants a dessert?" Yugyeom asked and Taehyung was the first one to sat himself upright after hearing the word DESSERT. "Taehyung? Do you want a dessert?" he immediately nodded. "Hmmm, are you sure?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be sure?" Taehyung was confused. Of course he wanted a dessert.

"Because you're already sweet." Yugyeom winked at him.

"I'm gonna leave first. Thanks Jin hyung for the dinner," Jungkook stood up and went to his bedroom. 

Why do I feel like wanting to punch something? 

Jungkook stomped up the stairs and slammed the door.

"It was probably a long day for our maknae!" Jimin concluded, leaning to Taehyung "Don't you want to accompany him?" he suggested.

Taehyung took the chance and stood up to walk to his room.

"Where are you going?" Yugyeom asked Taehyung.

"Upstairs," Taehyung answered.

"What about the dessert?"

"Next time. But thanks for the offer Yugyeom," Taehyung waved him a goodbye. On the way to his bedroom, Jungkook was on the way down again.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna take a walk. I need some fresh air," Jungkook replied, going out of the house. Without any second thoughts, Taehyung followed the younger one.

"Jungkook, wait!" Jungkook stopped and turned around to see his hyung running towards him. 

Badum

Badum

"What do you want Tae?"

"Hyung," Taehyung corrected him. "I don't know, it's still early to go sleep and I don't want to stay at home. Do you take a walk a lot?"

"Mhmm..."

"Really? How come I never knew?" Taehyung asked in curiosity.

"Because, most of the times you're asleep," Jungkook replied. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"What do you mean?" Taehyung had no clue what the maknae was talking about.

"I somehow have the feeling you're following me," Jungkook answered honestly and Taehyung swallowed, faking a laugh afterwards.

"Me? Following you? What am I, your puppy?"

"Not a puppy but a clingy monkey, otherwise I would have called you Blue's Clue instead right?" Jungkook smirked.

"Yah!" Taehyung stopped walking and pointed at the maknae. "Shut up Kookie." Jungkook's smirk faded.

"Don't call me that," Jungkook pleaded.

"That's what you get for giving me stupid names," Taehyung argued and that was the start of a conversation for the following 20 minutes. "Can I ask you something?"

"That's what you've been up to for the past 20 minutes. Why are you still asking?"

"What's your favorite meal?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow. 

Why the does he want to know my favorite food? 

Jungkook thought for a moment. "Everything that has to do with flour?" Taehyung nodded.

"Favorite drink?"

"What's this supposed to be. Q and A? Why do you want to know that?"

"Just answer."

"Okay, Okay. At the moment, it's Caramel Macchiato. Something else you want to know? Maybe what colour my underwear has?" Jungkook teased.

"Yah!"

"Is that a yes?"

"NO!" Taehyung smacked the back of his head. "Ugh, let's go in," Jungkook stood there, watching the pissed off monkey opening the door of the house. 

Badum

Badum

Jungkook patted his chest. 

What the hell is wrong with me today? 

"Are you coming in?" Taehyung impatiently held the door open and Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts and they entered the housed to be greeted by a scream.

Jimin?

----------**----------

Hey guys :D

this chapter has more than 4000 words haha.

Anyways, leave a comment and let me know how you liked the chapter :D

with lots of love,

-missright123