T W E L V E.

Paper Hearts

Tuesday. 5.15 PM. Jeju-Island.

Jungkook's mansion.

Taehyung pressed the button of the little remote control, Jungkook handed him a while ago, that allowed Jungkook to park his sports car in the biggest garage, Taehyung had ever been. The older one couldn't believe what he saw. A row of brand new cars were parked in that said garage. Cars he never even seen before until now.

"Aren't you getting out?" Jungkook hoped for Taehyung to get out of the car. Taehyung wasn't listening. He was way too busy examining the different cars that was in Jungkook's garage. "Stunning right?" Jungkook smirked.

"Yea. Does that all belong to you?" Jungkook nodded. "Wow. I mean, I'm used to be spoiled like you but I never seen this kind of collection before," Taehyung admitted as he hopped off the vehicle.

"Others are collecting extraordinary stamps and it just happened that I on the other hand like to collect exclusive cars," Jungkook explained to Taehyung. "Anyways, let's go. It's getting late!" Jungkook scanned the room for the last time before turning off the lights by clapping two times.

It was almost 5.30 PM when Jungkook was walking past the big park located near Jin's house and he couldn't be more relieved to be there soon. After having a bunch of people staring at him and Taehyung awkwardly the whole walk, he was more than just happy when he spotted the house, the moment he raised his head that was looking at the ground the entire time in embarrassement.

Taehyung, don't think this is over yet.

Pulling out the house keys, he unlocked the door, entering and taking out his earphones, that he used for him to ignore Taehyung.

Weird. Why is it so quiet here?

"Jin hyung?" Jungkook got no response, "Anybody at home?" he asked a little louder, in case his hyungs didn't hear him, but all he got was the ticking of the clock that was hanging above the door he entered.

Jungkook turned around and was about to close the door when he heard someone growl in pain "OUCH!" Jungkook rolled his eyes, when he heard the voice of the one who everyone mistaken to be his boyfriend. Jungkook was happy to have the house for himself after the long day he had, but somehow life was testing his patience.

"Ugh. Why are you so slow?" Jungkook questioned with his eyes fixed on the person in front of him.

"How often do I need to remind you that you shouldn't be talking to your hyung like that and that you should--"

"Blablabla... mind if I make a sandwhich while you're talking?" Jungkook inquired the older one, whose blood started to boil at how impertinent the maknae was being towards him "I take that as a yes?" Jungkook answered for Taehyung and made his way to the kitchen.

"I'm ing older than you!! That means I'm your hyung," Taehyung half shouted, clenched his fist and followed Jungkook into the kitchen. And Jungkook was about to open the fridge when Taehyung grabbed his shoulder and spinned him around.

"You don't even look older than me," Jungkook reasoned, crossing his arms and checked Taehyung out from head to toe. He nodded slightly.

"What was that?" Taehyung asked him confusedly.

"To make sure I'm not mistaken."

Taehyung couldn't take it any longer. He lunged at Jungkook and punched his right arm as hard as he can. When he released all his anger, he pulled out a chair and slumped down on it.

"I'm good now," Taehyung murmured to himself, ignoring the weird look Jungkook was giving him.

"Okay? What was that supposed to be superman?" Jungkook frowned, rubbing the spot Taehyung hit him.

Did he really just punched me?

"Letting out my manliness," Taehyung answered without regret, making the maknae choked on his own saliva. "Wae?"

"Nothing," Jungkook replied, "Mind explaining why you didn't stay with Jimin and Yoongi? Didn't they plan to go bungee-jumping?"

"I hate third wheeling and besides I'm afraid of heights," Taehyung replied.

So much to him being manly.

Jungkook opened the fridge and the first thing he saw was an empty plate with a post-it on it.

Jungkook-ah, you'll probably be the first one who will get to read this. Namjoon and I needed to fly back to Seoul. I got a very important meeting with my boss and Namjoon is accompanying me. We'll be back before midnight!

- Jin

"What's wrong?" Jungkook turned around and handed Taehyung the post-it. "Ohh... That means we are all by ourselves tonight?"

"Yea. Well, I guess only you and me are going to enjoy the night without being disturbed," Taehyung's heart dropped at the bare statement and Jungkook realized what he just said, "I-I didn't m-mean it like. Ugh. Forget it," Jungkook didn't know why he was stuttering in the first place. Avoiding eye contact, Jungkook went to their shared bedroom.

Taehyung took a deep breath and was glad that he could breath normally again. His heartbeat started to increase when he replayed the situation that just happened and he patted his chest in order to calm his pounding heart. Shrugging off the event, he went to the sink and drank a glass of cold water.

Ahh, much better.

Taehyung's stomach began to growl and he scanned the kitchen, but he couldn't spot anything that looked like a meal. What is he going to do now? Should he wait for Jimin and Yoongi to come back? He suddenly remembered the flyer with 25% off for a meal at the near restaurant they passed by.

Taehyung heard footsteps and he shifted his gaze to where the noise came from. There was Jungkook putting on his shoes. Studying the maknae, he noticed that Jungkook changed his clothes. For some reason, Taehyung find it hard to breath again.

Jungkook felt like he was being watched and he was right, Taehyung was staring at him like he was from another galaxy.

"What?" He questioned the spaced out boy. Taehyung though didn't hear anything, he was busy studying the latter and how perfect the maknae actually looks. "Nevermind then."

He saw Jungkook opening the door. "WAIT!" Jungkook stopped and turned around to the calling hyung.

"What?"

"Where are you going?"

"To get something to eat. Jimin texted me telling me they'll come home late," Jungkook answered in a monotone voice. "All questions answered?" Taehyung nodded and Jungkook continued his way when Taehyung called him again. "Jungkook-ah!"

"Ugh. What now?" Jungkook responded impatiently.

"Where are you going to eat?"

"Maybe to Gogigui near my mansion," Taehyung nodded and Jungkook was about to close the door that would divide them and once again Taehyung stopped him to go any further.

"J-Jungkook-ah... Wait..," Taehyung put on his jacket and his shoes.

"Whaaaat?" Jungkook replied through gritted teeth, opening the door again for the second time. He saw Taehyung finishing tying his shoelaces.

"Let's go grab some food together?" Taehyung suggested, waving proudly the flyer in front of the maknae's face. Jungkook was too hungry to say no.

"Fine," Jungkook agreed.

"YAY!" Taehyung punched the air and Jungkook could only roll his eyes at how "manly" this boy was.

---------- ** ----------

"Good evening sir, welcome to Gogigui. Table for two?" Jungkook nodded "Follow me please."

Taehyung looked around and saw that they were actually a lot of people eating in that place. He poked Jungkook.

"Psst..." Jungkook looked at him "Are there always so many people here?"

"Yes, we're in Jeju-Island remember?" Jungkook noticed the full booked tables, but luckily the owner of this place was his best friend and everyone in the place knew who he was.

"If you're ready to order just call me sir jungkook," Taehyung read her nametag. Hana. Kim Hana.

"Aren't you going to take a look at the menu?" Taehyung ignored the maknae, continuing looking around and noticed all the details of the room "Never been in a restaurant?"

"It's so beautiful decorated," Taehyung took the menu and started to read the contents of each dish. Everything sounded so good, he couldn't decide.

"Ready?" Hana came back and asked the two for their order.

"Yea," Jungkook was the first one to respond "Samgyeopsal..."

"And what can I bring you?" Hana refered to Taehyung.

"Erm... I just take the same as him," Taehyung smiled and put down the menu.

"Drinks?"

"Cola..." Jungkook asserted.

"Me too..." Taehyung added.

---------- ** ----------

It was weird eating together without the other hyungs being around. It wasn't everyday that Jungkook wasn't hissing at Taehyung or the other way around. Jungkook just sat there quietly eating his meal. Taehyung was relieved that it had been a whole hour without them fighting over little things.

After the most awkward dinner they ever had, Taehyung called the waitress to pay. Jungkook pulled out his wallet and Taehyung shook his head.

"Since I'm the hyung, I'm gonna pay," Taehyung claimed, paying the dinner.

"But--"

"Oh look. Too late," Taehyung gave Hana the money and she gave him the change.

"I hope you'll come back soon," Hana gave Jungkook the sweetest smile, making Taehyung feel like his dinner was coming back up. Why was he feeling that way? It wasn't like he had something going on with Jungkook. They weren't even friends, right?

Walking back home, Taehyung felt uncomfortable with only Jungkook walking beside him. The maknae was silent as always, looking up to the sky, sighing every now then. Taehyung didn't know if Jungkook was avoiding him, because he felt like Jungkook was starting to open up to someone he shouldn't. The one who took away his privacy, the one who annoyed him the most, the one he wasn't comfortable with.

They didn't talk nor sneak any glances at each other. Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who was about to bump into a latern, but pulled him on time.

"Th-thank you..," Taehyung regretted looking him into the eye that caused him to hold his breath.

Jungkook cleared his throath and let go of the hand he was holding. "Erm... Thank you too," Jungkook whispered as quietly as he could, but Taehyung understood every sylables that came out of Jungkook's mouth.

"For what?" Taehyung surprised Jungkook.

"For the dinner," Jungkook admitted and that was the first time Taehyung saw Jungkook crack a small smile at him.

Standing in front of Jin's door, Jungkook opened the door and Jimin ran towards them.

"Where were you two? Why didn't you pick up your phones?"

"Sorry we went out for dinner."

"We?" Jimin raised an eyebrow and he looked at the maknae, who was untying his shoelaces. Jimin smirked and Taehyung shook his head hysterically "Ahaaa... So you two are dating, am I right?" Taehyung unintentionally elbowed Jimin, to prevent him from going further that would just ruin everything.

When Jungkook disappeared behind the doorframe of the living room, Jimin quickly closed the gap between him and Taehyung.

"Spill the beans," Jimin demanded.

"We just had dinner," Taehyung answered.

"And?"

"And nothing, I payed and we went straight home," Taehyung explained to Jimin.

"Did something good happen?" Taehyung shook his head until he remembered what Jungkook had said to him before they entered the house.

"He said thank you and smiled?" Taehyung wasn't sure if he was just dreaming or if that really happened.

"It's starting!" Jimin grinned, dragging the lost alien to the living room where Yoongi and Jungkook were watching a variety show. Jimin intentionally pushed Taehyung to sit down beside the maknae but Taehyung landed on Jungkook's lap.

"Opps," Jimin said innocently.  Taehyung and Jungkook blushed and Taehyung sprang up and settled himself on the floor, meters away from the maknae "There's still space you know?" Jimin pointed at the free space beside Jungkook. Taehyung declined the offer to sit next to Jungkook.

After the variety show, Jungkook was the first one to head off to bed. He was exhausted and his heavy eyes wouldn't let him stay up for another hour. Taehyung yawed and Jimin took it as a cue to tell Taehyung to follow Jungkook.

Entering the room, Taehyung spotted the maknae already drifting off to the dreamland. For some reason Taehyung convinced himself not to wake up the said boy and just sleep on the floor voluntarily.

Just because you said thank you.

---------- ** ----------

Wednesday. 10 AM Jeju Island.

Paper Hearts.

The next morning broke out and you could hear the birds singing at the early hours and fresh wind blowing, making the fallen leaves dance in harmony. The calm and beautiful midweekday couldn't be better than it was right now.

"I'll be at my favorite place. If you need me just get me," Jungkook waved his hyungs a goodbye.

"Take care and you should take an umbrel--" Too late. Jungkook was already outside the house "--la. It will rain later" Jin finished.

"Where is he heading to?" Taehyung asked with oddity.

"His library at his mansion," Jimin replied, "Don't worry, he will be back soon," Jimin teased Taehyung.

---------- ** ----------

Lunch went by. Jungkook didn't come back.

1 PM

2 PM

3 PM

4 PM

It was almost 5 PM and Jin was cooking dinner. Taehyung became a little uneasy, especially after the clear sky turned greyish and the wind blew harder than it should. It didn't help at all when the thunder started to boom and lightnings could be seen. A storm was definitely coming.

Taehyung knocked on Jimin's room.

"Come in!"

"Can you tell me where Jungkook is? A storm is coming and he's still not home and his phone is dead," Taehyung said worridly and Jimin gave him the direction to where Jungkook would be.

Taehyung put on his jacket and ran out of the house.

---------- ** ----------

Taehyung opened the door and reveilled a peacefully sleeping figur on the desk. It was Jungkook. Taehyung stood there for a minute, watching Jungkook breathing in and out as he was still sleeping heavily after the loud thunder striked.

Forgetting about the storm, Taehyung pulled out a chair next to Jungkook and for the next 10 minutes he sat there observing every little detail of the maknae's face.

Badum

Badum

Taehyung couldn't take away his glued eyes from the sleeping maknae. It was as if Taehyung was being hypnoticed by the younger one. Taehyung took it as the perfect timing to take a picture of him and Jungkook without the other noticing. And since Jimin deleted the picture of them sleeping, he thought to himself that it was a now or never chance.

Taehyung took out his iphone and set the timer for the camera. He positioned himself next to Jungkook and...

click.

He gladly looked at the perfect taken picture.

I can finally shush my uncle.

Taehyung wanted to make sure he would show his uncle a perfect picture so he wanted to take another picture. But unfortunately he unintentionally forgot to turn off the flash. To Taehyung's shock Jungkook slowly opened his eyes.

Taehyung immediately searched for a place to hide, afraid of getting caught by Jungkook. Luckily, there was a ladder in front of him.

I need to hide.

Taehyung climbed up the ladder in hope Jungkook wouldn't see him there. Jungkook finally opened his eyes and sat himself upright, looking at his watch.

". It's time for dinner," Jungkook jumped up and gather his things while singing.

Remember the way you made me feel
Such young love but
Something in me knew that it was real
Frozen in my head


Pictures I’m living through for now
Trying to remember all the good times
Our life was cutting through so loud
Memories are playing in my dull mind
I hate this part paper hearts
And I’ll hold a piece of yours
Don’t think I would just forget about it

 

Taehyung shifted his attention to the beautiful voice that sang his favorite song.

Jungkook?

---------- ** ----------

Jungkook was finally home after hours of being in his own world.

"Jungkook?" Jimin called his name, who was going down the stairs "Where is Taehyung?"

"Taehyung?" Jungkook repeated the name.

"He went out to get you half an hour ago," Jimin told the maknae.

"I didn't see him," Jungkook stated.

"That's not good." Jimin uttered trying to call Taehyung who "forgot" his phone in the living room. "Great. He doesn't even have a phone with him," Jimin said worridly, looking at the maknae "We're having dinner soon and I'm a bit worried," Jimin admitted, biting his nails.

"And what should I do about it? Should I search for... Oh no. Don't give me that look of yours. I will not look after... No! Just no," Jimin pouted. "No."

"JIN HYUNG! Did you know that Jungkook let Taehyung sleep on the--"

"Fine!" Jungkook covered Jimin's mouth.

---------- ** ----------

Jungkook went out with an umbrella in his hand.

Taehyung, you own me.

Walking through the park and going into different stores, Jungkook couldn't spot the honey brown hair anywhere.

Where the hell is he?

Suddenly a light bulb made its way above his head and he remembered Jimin talking about Taehyung trying to get him. He granted himself access to his favorite get-a-way place when he turned the doorknob. Jungkook had to find Taehyung as soon as possible, before the storm started.

Scanning the room he couldn't see Taehyung at all.

He the lights to give him a better sight.

"AAAAH!"

Taehyung?

Jungkook ran to the back of the room and there he saw the boy hugging the ladder with his eyes closed.

"Taehyung?" Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and he didn't know why but he was more than just happy to see his savior's face.

"J-Jungkook," Taehyung stuttered in fear.

"What are you doing up there?" Jungkook asked Taehyung.

"It's a long story."

"Come down. We have to go before the storm comes!" Jungkook demanded but Taehyung didn't move one bit.

"I... I can't," Taehyung replied.

"Fine!" Jungkook turned around, ready to head back to the house when Taehyung stopped him from doing so.

"JUNGKOOK!" Taehyung yelled his name and he sounded desperately "Don't leave me alone!"

"I don't have the nerves for this," Jungkook retorted angrily.

"Help me... I'm afraid of heights," Taehyung shyly whispered.

"Great. And why did you decided to climb up all the way up there, if you're afraid?"

"I didn't know this would be so high," Jungkook rolled his eyes and went closer to the ladder.

"Pabo," Jungkook murmured "Just come down very slowly. Don't look down," Jungkook instructed and Taehyung slowly made his way down.

It went perfectly fine until a sudden thunder and lightning appeared from the outside, scaring the out of the honey brown hair boy, making him let go of the ladder and fall down.

With his good reflexes, Jungkook ran towards the falling subject and caught him on time before Taehyung could hit the floor. Taehyung was waiting for his body to collid with the hard floor that will break his bones but it never came. He slowly opened his eyes and he realized that he was safely caught in Jungkook's arm.

Badum

Badum

---------- ** ----------

Hey guys!

Oh my god. this chapter is soooo freaking long hehehe and how do you like my story so far? :D

Don't forget to leave a comment and please vote for this story! That would make my day!!!!

With lots of love,

- missright123