T W E N T Y S E V E N.

Paper Hearts

Friday. 4PM Seoul, South Korea.

The impossible.

Jungkook's right hand was forming itself into a fist, the moment he spotted the honey brown hair boy already chucked up his body unto his so called best friend right after the afternoon class ended.

The maknae didn't know why, but he wasn't used to Taehyung ignoring him. Not after all that happened the last weeks. Jeju-island, becoming friends with him and even getting into a fake relationship with the said boy.

After lunch Jungkook was feeling excited to go to his afternoon class that he attended with Taehyung. As much as Jungkook was trying to hide it, he was definitely missing the older one. I mean how couldn't he? Taehyung was basically the mood maker of the group and Jungkook wouldn't feel all left alone, since Yoongi and Jimin were always in their own little lovey-dovey world, now joined by Namjoon and Jin.

To make it short, Jungkook already accustomed to Taehyung always being his usual loud, funny and weird self BUT today was different. The latter wasn't to be found anywhere, because he was with his best friend, probably at some fancy restaurant catching up with one another.

It was unusal for Jungkook that Taehyung wasn't talking to him at all in class. Instead Taehyung was talking with Jimin about Hoseok the whole time. And Jungkook stopped counting on how many times he already rolled his eyes by the mentioning of Hoseok's name.

And it got worst when Hoseok was standing patiently at the gate, waiting for Taehyung. Jungkook was clueless on why he was feeling like he just wants to punch Hoseok right in his visage.

"Do I smell jealousy?" Jimin smirked, whispering into Jungkook's ear gleefully. Jungkook sighed and turned around.

"Jealous about what?" Jungkook inquired, "Ohh, you being jealous of my height?" he retorded evily, knowing Jimin's weakpoint, "What?" Jungkook uttered, after Jimin smacked him on the back of his head.

"Don't deny it. I know you better than anyone else! You're jealous of Hoseok aren't you?" Jimin cleared up the misunderstandings.

"Why the hell would I be jealous?" Jungkook crossed his hands, raising an eyebrow, "As far as I can recall, I don't even know if that word exist in my vocabulary."

Me? Jealous? I'm Jeon Jungkook for christ sake.

"Sorry Mr.I-am-full-of-myself. You're jealous of Hoseok because he got something you want," Jimin continued, pointing at Taehyung, "And I guess that something is more like someone."

"Taehyung?" Jungkook looked at the person Jimin pointed at.

"Isn't it?" Jimin grinned from ear to ear, "I know it's hard to cope with the situation, since you're Jeon Jungkook, but someone needs to do the dirty work and slap the truth into your face," Jimin chuckled on how shocked Jungkook looked at him.

"You can't be serious!" Jungkook glared at his best friend.

Tell me he's joking.

"Ohh stop! I really missed you!" Taehyung interupted their conversation, playfully hitting Hoseok, "How come I didn't die yet from being so far away from you!"

"Right?" Hoseok agreed, resting his hand over Taehyung's shoulder, making him fluttered.

Jimin watched Jungkook's hand formed into a fist and the way Jungkook stared at Hoseok, as if Hoseok was some fresh meat.

"Yeah, you keep telling you're not jealous to yourself!" Jimin commented and Jungkook annoyingly swung his backpack over his shoulder, "You need to accept the truth!" Jimin shouted after the maknae.

Jimin waited for the maknae to disappear, before he could ran towards Taehyung and Hoseok.

"And?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"I'm a hundred and one percent positive that he's jealous!" Jimin reported to Taehyung.

"Did he say that?" Taehyung happily questioned Jimin.

"Well... he's still denying it but the way he acted can't hide the fact that he is indeed jealous of Hoseok," Jimin reassured Taehyung, by telling the said boy what he saw with his own eyes, "But don't overdo it. He's still a newby when it comes to love and we don't know what the consequences will be."

"If his staring could only kill people. Did you see the way he looked at me? I'm sure he already killed me more than a thousand times in his head," Hoseok joked, recalling the way he saw Jungkook's eyes fixed on Taehyung before he came into the picture.

On the other hand, Hoseok felt like he's being run over by a car. It was only 3 months since he last saw his best fried and here he was, witnessing his best friend look at someone else the way he used to look at him. He would lie if he said he didn't wished for Taehyung to see him more than just a best friend. Was it too late for him? Did he wait too long?

Yes. Hoseok was in love with Taehyung and he knew about Taehyung's feelings when they were still in Daegu. But he promised his dad, he won't fall in love with his master. His father was right, Taehyung wasn't meant to be with someone like him. So he tried his best to ignore his feelings for Taehyung, but it's getting too much to handle, watching Taehyung being happy with someone else.

He wished he had the gut to tell Taehyung, but he wasn't brave enough to face the ramifications once he poured out his heart. He wanted to be selfish, but he knew Taehyung's family would never accept him, so he kept his feelings for himself his whole life and it hurts. So much.

"Hoseok?" Taehyung repeated for the nth time, "Is something wrong?" Hoseok shook his head, "You sure? Are you alright?"

I'm not.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine!" Hoseok lied, because he can't possibly tell Taehyung the truth, "I'm probably just tired because of the long ride with the train!"

"Well, let's go home for now and you can rest on my bed!" Taehyung suggested.

"Are you trying to seduce me again?" Hoseok teased and Taehyung blushed at the statement, "I was joking! Let's go?" Taehyung pasted a smile on his face, "I'll take that as a yes!"

"Aren't you going to Mrs.Lee's?" Jimin in.

"Oh right! Guess, your sleep needs to wait a little bit more," Taehyung giggled, "But trust me you will forget that you're tired, once you tasted the food there!" Taehyung promised Hoseok.

"Then let's go!" Hoseok fisted the air.

--------------

Jungkook slammed his car door shut with force. With a grampy attitude, he entered his room and found a suitcase spread open on his bed.

What the?

"Hey! What's up with that grumpy attitude?" Yugyeom appeared in front of Jungkook with only Jungkook's favorite ironman towel wrapped around his waist, obscuring his private part.

"What is this supposed to be?" Jungkook asked sharply.

"Hi to you too!" Yugyeom pouted, "Didn't I told you that I'm gonna stay in Seoul for a while? Anyways, you look as if you just got dumped... what brings me to, when did you plan on telling me you are dating that cute guy from Jeju-do? Wait, what was his name? Tae...!"

"It's Taehyung for you," Jungkook unintentionally said out loud.

"Oh... is someone overprotective? Jesus, since when did you become a real man?" Yugyeom smirked, loving to tease his childhood friend, "Sorry for flirting with him! I didn't know he was reserved for you!"

"We're not dating," Jungkook admitted.

"I know," Yugyeom deadpanned, "Jimin already told me, but I also heard that..." Yugyeom paused, scared to continue what he wanted to say.

"No. I am not jealous for god sake!" Jungkook finished his sentence, pushing the suitcase on the floor, "Why is everyone so weird today?" He sighed, slumping himself down on the bed, "And can you please not use my towel the next time you visit me?" Jungkook added, starring at the ceiling.

"Sorry! Won't happen again! So why are you so early today? And where is Taehyung anyways?" Yugyeom went to the door and searched for Taehyung.

"He's not with me. Ask his new boyfriend, Hoseok!" Jungkook replied with a monotone voice.

Aish, why does it bother me so much?

"Oh right, Jimin told me," Yugyeom remembered.

"So why did you ask me then?" Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Why do I even care," Jungkook pulled out his phone and his heart skipped a beat when he saw his screensaver.



Badum

Badum


He shrugged his shoulder and unlocked the phone with his fingerprint and once again his heart skipped a beat.



Badum

Badum


"Are you sure, you're not into him?" Yugyeom was now standing next to the maknae, putting on his pants, "You would make the perfect couple, not that you guys already are for the public!" Yugyeom commented, while checking out Jungkook's phone.

"Yah! Ever heard of privacy? And no I am obviously not into him," Jungkook lied to himself.

"Yea right and I'm Obama's wifeu," Yugyeom retorded full of sarcasm, "I'm gonna grab something to eat, do you wanna come with me?" Jungkook ignored him "You're coming with me wether you like it or not! You can be an emo later!" Yugyeom grabbed Jungkook's hand and pulled him up.

"Emo my ! As a short reminder, I can kick you out of my room anytime i like," Jungkook warned his Yugyeom, as he settled himself back on the bed.

"You wouldn't do that!" Yugyeom said with confidence. Jungkook wouldn't do that to him right?

"Do you want to bet?" Jungkook smirked evily, letting Yugyeom know that he was indeed in power to exactly do what he just said.

"No," Yugyeom replied in defeat, "Fine! Just make sure you're finish with your emo mode when I'm back! Just cry it out boy," And before Yugyeom closed the door, a pillow hit him on the back of his head, "I just pretend this never happened!" Yugyeom picked up the pillow and threw it right into Jungkook's face, "EMO!"

"Whatever," Jungkook laughed.

The moment Yugyeom left Jungkook alone in his room, Jungkook's phone vibrated and his eyes widen. It was a notification.

 Kim Taehyung @King_V · 10S

Dinner with le best friend, who came all the way from Daegu! :D (ft. Yoonmin)



"YUGYEOM?!" Jungkook quickly ran after the said boy.

"Yea?" Yugyeom looked up, while he tied his shoelaces, "Are you finish being an emo?" he kept on teasing the maknae.

"You know what? I'm kinda hungry too!" Jungkook hid his angry face, by acting like a pro.

"Well, Jimin said they are at Mrs.Lee's, but I warn you... Hoseo-" before Yugyeom could finish his sentence, Jungkook quickly ran up the stairs and took his car key.

"Let's go!" Jungkook said in a hurry and Yugyeom could only mock the maknae by giving him a and-you're-telling-me-you're-not-jealous-look.

-------------

Jimin choked on the water he was drinking, reading the message Yugyeom sent him per LINE.

"What's wrong babe?" Yoongi caressed his boyfriend's back, as Jimin kept on coughing and took away Jimin's phone to take a glance at the message.

From: Yugimon
RED LIGHT! MAKNAE ON FIRE!


"Well, I guess he saw the picture," Hoseok pointed out, "So what is our next step? Didn't you say we shouldn't overdo it?" Hoseok retrieved, scratching the back of his head.

"Nothing, we'll just wait," Jimin explained his expectation but if reality was going to be on their side, will be revealed when the maknae arrived.

--------------

Stepping into the restaurant, Jungkook spotted the four filling the room with their laughter. He stomped towards the squad and leaned in, surprising Taehyung from behind and giving him a quick peck on his cheek.

"Sorry for the wait," Jungkook acted like his life depended on it.

"Oh hey babe!" Taehyung awkwardly replied, "I thought you aren't coming!" He said, "Jimin told me, you're staying at home!"

"I thought so too, but my precious friend over here just came all the way from Jeju-do," Jungkook repeated the same sentence Taehyung used for his tweet and the other's tried their best to hold their laughter, due to the cuteness of the dense maknae in front of them.

"But you didn't want to co--" Jungkook stopped Yugyeom from embarrassing him, by simply elbowing the poor boy.

"Woah, I'm so hungry!" Jungkook announced and squeezed himself inbetween Taehyung and Hoseok, "Well, sorry for not being so social earlier, I'm Jungkook remember?" Jungkook turned to his right side to look at Hoseok "Taehyung's boyfriend," he added mischievously. Hoseok nodded.

"No worries, I didn't really took it personally!" Hoseok reassured Jungkook.

Taehyung finished drinking his ordered water and he stood up from his seat. "Let's go?" Taehyung smiled "Thank you Jimin for treating us for dinner!"

"Yes thank you so much from my side too! I really enjoyed today!" Hoseok vocalized with a sincere voice.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook joined, "I just came, don't you guys want to stay a little bit longer? I can bring you home if you want Tae," Jungkook offered, putting down his chopsticks.

"No, we're really fine! My driver is already waiting for us outside and Hoseok's probably already exhausted from today's trainride am I right Seoki?" Taehyung glared at Hoseok, to let the latter know that he should go with his flaw.

"Uhm... yea, I could really need some sleep right now!" Hoseok nodded in agreement.

"Well you heard him babe! Just write me when you reached home!" Taehyung was now the one to lean in and give Jungkook a kiss, "Take care while driving!" Jungkook nodded obediently.

Badum

Badum

.


After Taehyung and Hoseok made their way out, Jungkook shot up from his seat and went to the toilette. He was facing the mirror, looking into his reflection, he opened the faucet and slowly began to sprinkle water on his face.

This is not supposed to happen.

Jungkook cursed as he kept on patting on his chest.

Badum

Badum

Stop! This is impossible.


"Are you alright?" Jimin checked on his best friend.

"No," Jungkook finally spoke up, telling Jimin the truth, "I am not okay. Are you happy now?" Jungkook spat out the words like it was some kind of toxic.

"What's wrong?" Jimin closed the restroom door and proceeded his way towards the maknae.

"You're right," Jungkook admitted, biting his lips.

"With?" Jimin pretended like he didn't know what was going on.

"I'm in love with Taehyung...."

------------------

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long wait! Here it is the 27. Chapter and the most awaited chapter! Jungkook finally snapped out of his lies.
So how did you guys liked this chapter? Stay tuned for the next chapter :D
With lots of love,

-missright123