T W E N T Y T W O.

Paper Hearts

Fridayy. 7.30 AM Seoul, South Korea.

Faking it.

Jungkook woke up with the most terrible headache, rubbing his sleepy eyes, he looked at the watch and it was still early to make himself ready for his 10 o'clock morning class.

Scanning his master's room, he frowned. He was a hundred and one percent sure that he was pretty drunk yesterday night, it was an incredible miracle for him to even get home safely in the condition he was in, so he wondered how he managed it.

He was looking around his room, in hope to get an answer and then the answer appeared right in front of his nose. A small package of painkillers and a tiny post-it that cleaved on a glass that was filled with water.

Jungkook slowly removed the post-it, to not spill the water in the glass and read the short message that was written on it.

Good morning, Jungkook-ah!

Jimin and Yoongi brought these painkillers for you, since you're probably having a really bad headache after drinking too much alcohol.

I'm downstairs preparing your breakfast :D I'll be back before you wake up.

- Taehyung


Taehyung? He's here?
Ugh, this headache will be the death of me today.


Jungkook took out the pills, shoving one into his mouth and drank the water as quickly as he can, to make the pain stop. Suddenly his mood changed, realizing it was the day his older brother died two years ago.

Mianhe hyung, I didn't make up with you before you...

A tear drop left his right eyes, rolling down to wet his cheek. All Jungkook wanted right now, was to burry himself and disappear too. The guilt inside him was eating him alive. No wonder Jungkook became so cold and heartless, after being dragged into the darkness to only be accompanied by contrition itself.

It's been already two years, but for Jungkook it was as if it all happened yesterday. That was the reason Jungkook drank himself into oblivion, to subdue his misdeed and to extinguish the memory, even if it's for a short span.

Mianhe hyung.

Jungkook repeated again and again to himself, until he heard a knock and quickly wipped away the tears that were running down his face like a waterfall.

"Jungkook-ah?" a voice he knew to well, questioned him on the other side of the door that seperated them. Jungkook remained silent and Taehyung thought the said boy was still sleeping, so he permitted himself to open the door, "Jungkook-ah, are you awake?" Taehyung wasn't sure, since the sunlight was blinding his sight.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook retorded, feeling regretful for pronouncing those words with a sharp tone.

"Y-you were very drunk y-yesterday and and I was worried... Y-You were lying unconscious on the ground and and..." Taehyung stuttered, already feeling some sweatdrops forming on his forehead.

"Thank you for that," Jungkook cut off the older one, "...but I think it's not the perfect timing for you to be here," Jungkook explained, avoiding eyecontact with Taehyung. Jungkook was a mess and he knew it. Burden people was the last thing Jungkook wants right now, so he's in power to do whatever it takes to not show weakness around people.

"It's okay Jungkook-ah," Taehyung placed down the tray, he was holding in his hand, on the empty desk beside him. "Let it out. I know it's none of my business but all I know is that you're in need of a shoulder to cry on. Jimin told me everything and I don't want to leave your side, because even though I do know nothing about the situation you're going through, I want to be by your side, to bear the pain with you," Taehyung was now standing in front of Jungkook's bed.

Badum

Badum


Jungkook's heart cringe at Taehyung's words.

Even though Jungkook was always acting tough, Taehyung knew Jungkook cried due to his red eyes and runny noise. Jungkook surprised Taehyung by saying nothing. Silence captured the whole room. It was now Jungkook looking at Taehyung straight in the eye.

"Why?" Jungkook broke the silence.

"Why what?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Oh, that. Remember, we're friends now and so that you know, I deteste seeing a friend of mine suffer. It's either we suffer together or I'll make your pain go away. Simple as that understood?" Taehyung beamed a big smile and Jungkook couldn't detain himself to not smile back, "Is that a smile Jeon Jungkook?" Taehyung covered his open jaw. Jungkook actualize the moment and the smile on his face disappeared.

Was I smiling?!

"What's that?" Jungkook brushed off the topic, not wanting for Taehyung to dig deeper into it. Taehyung followed Jungkook's finger that was pointing on the tray he placed on the desk.

"Uhm that? That's supposed to be chickensoup for you, but I guess I bring you another bowl. It's probably cold already," Taehyung scratched the back of his head, undecided if Jungkook should really eat the chickensoup he made.

"Did you make it?" Taehyung shyly nodded "And..." Jungkook began to laugh and indicate the pink butterfly apron, Taehyung was wearing "...is that my mum's apron?"

"She gave it to me," Taehyung replied, embarrassement written all over his face.

"She?" Jungkook repeated and Jihyun, Jungkook's mum took it as a signal to enter the room, "Eomma?"

"Good morning baby kookie!" Jihyun smiled and gave her son a hug.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook was startled.

"Wow. What a wonderful way to greet your eomma after not seing her for a week," Jihyun scolded Jungkook "Me and appa were worried about you. We know today is..." Jihyun paused and concluded it would be better to not finish the sentence that would break her son's heart into thousands of pieces, "We called you several times and you didn't pick up. We couldn't sit back and pretend like everything's fine, so we flew back to check on your well being," Jihyun explained, wrapping her arms around Jungkook.

"Mum, I'm fine see?" Jungkook faked a smile and gestured at it, "You can let go now," Jungkook tried to wiggle himself out of the tight hug, his mother was giving him.

"I'm your eomma and I know when you're not alright!" Jihyung tighten the hug.

"Eomma! I can't breath," Jungkook whined.

"I missed you too honey!" she losen the hug and peck her son on his cheek.

"Eommaaaa! Waegeurae?" Jungkook cried out loud, in hope for the gods to hear him and to have mercy on him.

"Aww, is my little kookie embarrassed because your boyfriend is here?" Jihyun teased and chuckled, seeing Jungkook not being amused at all.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Taehyung and Jungkook said in unison.

"It's okay guys. I already know it, I'm always up to date you know and besides I'm totally okay with it, I mean look at you, you handsome young man. Tae...Taehyung right?" Taehyung nodded as his face was getting as red as a tomatoe, "Omo, look at how cute he is Kookie... I guess that's what made you fall inlove with him," Jihyun giggled and Jungkook glared at her.

"EOMMA! He will die if you keep on hugging the daylight out of him!" Jungkook stood up, to seperated his mum and Taehyung. "Aish, it's so early to deal with this. What did I do to deserve this?"

"You got yourself a boyfriend," Jihyung answered with a big fat grin pasted on her beautiful snow white like face. "Okay, I am going to leave you two lovebirds alone. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me! Nice to meet you Taehyung!" Jihyun made her way out, knowing that Jungkook was about to explode if she stood in his room for another second. It's better to be safe than sorry right?

"Aish," Jungkook sighed in frustration, "Did you tell her we're dating?" Jungkook shifted his gaze to the boy, who stiffened his position, once the eyes of Jungkook landed on him.

"I... I... I swear I didn't say anything. I even introduced myself as your friend but but but..." Taehyung stuttered again.

"Whatever," Jungkook rolled his eyes and picked up the towel that was lying on the floor, "I'll go get a shower," Jungkook said before slamming the door shut.

This was something Jungkook didn't expect to happen, because as we all know it was his brother's second death anniversary. Jungkook was actually fond with the idea, staying at home and be all by himself. He was expecting to be a total disaster by now and crying out his soul. BUT, no it wasn't the case at all.

His parents were back from their business trip one day earlier than expected, Taehyung was waiting for him in his room and a worried Jimin wasn't there banging against his wooden door.

Everything was different than the year before. Was Namjoon right, when he told Jungkook that time can heal his remorse?

Jungkook washed away the last tear drop before drying himself dry and wrapping the towel around his waist. Forgetting Taehyung was in his room, he opened the door and revealed his bare body to a shock hyung that dropped his phone.

"Oh lawd god," Taehyung cursed, putting his hands in front of his face.

"Oh...Sorry," Jungkook apologized, quickly pulled out one of his poloshirt and put it on, "You know it's okay to look. It's not like we don't have the same gender," Jungkook commented, watching Taehyung still sitting nervously on his bed.

"I know," Taehyung responded, quickly putting his hands down, acting like nothing happened, "Ehem..." Taehyung cleared his troath, arranging his uniform, "I'm going to wait downstairs, just take all the time you need!" Taehyung vocalized, doing his best to not sound like a creepy fanboy, who is head over heels over Jungkook.

----------

Walking to school together was new, not only for Jungkook but also for Taehyung. Ever since Taehuyng attended JSU, there was never a day that Taehyung and Jungkook's path crossed in the morning.

Entering the gate, Jungkook noticed all the students turning their heads towards them. To be honest, they already knew this would happen. The two most popular men in JSU are walking together to school, but it was different from what they expected.

"Yah! How dare your oh so great Taehyung take away our Prince Charming?" the girl with blonde hair shouted.

" off! Oppa didn't do anything, as you can clearly see, your ice prince was all lovey-dovey with our Oppa!" the other young female, with hazelnut brown hair, yelled back.

Jungkook could only roll his eyes, sensing that they are both from two fanclubs, he was two familiar with. One from the "Kookie got all jams" and "Descendants of Taehyung" club. Yea, believe it or not, this two fanclub exist in JSU. The two puzzled males stood there watching the two girls pulling each other's hair.

"Let go you, Jungkook's !"

"Shut up, Taehyung's !"

Could it get any worse?

Jungkook was about to continue his way, when Taehyung's finger draw his attention to a red hair boy that was sprinting towards them. Out of breath, Jimin held his phone in front of Jungkook's face.

"How...can you... still call yourself... a best friend?" Jimin managed to say, inbetween his fitful breathings.

"What?" Jungkook pushed away the cellphone that prevented him to see his best friend.

"Tell me. Jeon... Jungkook," Jimin once again placed his phone in front of Jungkook's visage "Speak!" Jimin demanded.

Jungkook took Jimin's phone and Taehyung as curious as he was, allowed himself to take a glance at Jimin's phone too.

Bad idea.

Jungkook and Taehyung frozed at the picture they were looking at and the article beneath it.


 

 

The most powerful families about to collaborate?

Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. The two sons of the most powerful men in South Korea, dating? A fan took this picture at the Miebaella Reastaurant and reported to overheard Kim Taehyung introducing Jeon Jungkook as his boyfriend while holding each other's hand. As you can clearly see on this picture, the two young successors were indeed holding hands. There are still no confirmation coming from both sides but a conference will be held at 8PM at the SBS studio regarding this issue. What do you think about Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung dating? Do not forget to leave a comment in the comment section down below!

- JSU news, Kim Ha Myeong

 

After reading through the article, Jungkook and Taehyung's phone vibrated at the same time.
 

"Appa," Taehyung and Jungkook said in unison and turned their backs to one another.

"Ne, araso appa," Taehyung was the first one to hung up and it was also his first time to wish that Jimin was not there, "I can explain everything! So please, do not blame Jungkook, it was all my fault and I feel so ty to be dragging Jungkook into this whole relationship issue," Taehyung began to explain himself and avoided the looks, Jimin was giving him.

"I thought we are friends. How come you didn't tell me earlier that you two are dating? When did that even happen? As far as I know, you two were still friends yesterday in class. What did I miss?" Jimin asked with disappointment in his voice.

"Nothing. We really are just friends... well not to the public but we're just faking it," Jungkook into their conversation.

"Faking what?" a grinning grampa asked, wrapping his arms around Jimin, who was about to go insane for not being the first one to know about the two youngster dating, "Hey, couple of the year!" Yoongi smirked in victory as he teased the maknae.

"Faking that we're dating," Jungkook replied through gritted teeth.

"What are you guys planning to do now?" Namjoon and Jin joined the group. "I mean now that South Korea's focus are on you two?"

"Guess who will be interviewing Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung?" Jin asked, "Yesh! Me. So you guys better not cost my job!" Jin warned, letting go of Namjoon's hand and crossed his arms.

"What have I done?" Taehyung whined, shaking his head in disbelief, "This is a total nightmare. What should we do now?"

"I don't know. We just need to go with it," Jungkook stated, not sure why he said that.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung inquired with the little hope he had left inside him.

"Let's continue faking it and in about a month or so we'll just break up?" Jungkook suggested "Or do you want them to know the whole truth?"

"No, I can't do that to my parents!" Taehyung commented.

"Well, problem solved right?" Jimin voiced happily "God, this is better than all the fanfictions I've ever read!"

"Oh god, spare me!" Jungkook prayed as he can already see the future of a fangirling Jimin, "By the way, Jin hyung? Can you maybe tell us what questions will come, so we can study our answer?" Jin nodded.

"I thought you'll never ask. Here these are the most important questions to know. It would be awkward, if your answers are different from one another right?" Jin handed Jungkook and Taehyung, the short script he wrote on his way to JSU.

"5PM kpop contest. 8PM conference. Wow, this will be an interessting day!" Jimin reminded them about the contest.

"," Taehyung facepalmed himself "Need to go guys!"

"Where are you going?" before Jimin could get an answer, Taehyung was already off to the music department, "Back to you Kookie," Jimin smirked evily "Welcome to the club!"

Kim Taehyung, you own me big time.

------------

Annyeong everyone!

OH MA GAWD. I THOUGHT I ALREADY POSTED THIS CHAPTER AND IT WAS LIKE 'hidden chapter'.....
That's why i was wondering why nobody commented on this chapter yet :(

(that was on sunday)
It's 11PM over here and I've been writing this story since 4PM. Gawd.
I don't know if my new macbook or Asianfanfics was having a problem.
I'm supposed to be sleeping now, but my story wasn't saved. So, I had to freaking write the whole chapter again.
I'm really really really sorry for that! Anyways, how did you like today's chapter?
I was actually planning to write a long chapter BUT as I mentioned there was a problem and my head already hurts from all the writings.
So miane!!! T_______T I'll update soon, so stay tuned!
With lots of love,

-missright123