T W E N T Y O N E.

Paper Hearts

Thurday. 6.45 PM Seoul, South Korea.

Baby.

Jungkook knew Taehyung too well already and he was a hundred and one percent sure that Taehyung will decline his under one condition offer, but got real, watching Taehyung his lips.

Option 1:
Agree on aiming for the second place, for the sake of his own pride

or...

Option 2:
Just throw away the pride to prevent himself from attending the competition and to avoid thousand pairs of eyes watching him perform.

Yea. The struggle is real.

However, whatever Taehyung's decision will be, it was all to Jungkook's advantage.

Which means:

If it's option one, Jungkook doesn't have to deal with his fangirls at JSU. In short, less headaches for the maknae. Option two, he gets to see Taehyung suffer from embarrassement, by telling his family that it was all a lie and that they are just friends.

We're just friends.

There. Jungkook said it. Okay he didn't really said it but he told it to himself.

The word friend was now fighting with the dark side, to drag him over to the good side and just help the poor boy in front of him, who was in desperate need of it.

Maybe. Just maybe, Jungkook would scratch off the offer and help his hyung, but for some reason the sight of a downcasted Taehyung was to hilarous to witness.

Jungkook crossed his arms, observing every move that the older one was making. Looking at Taehyung, a question suddenly made him curious.

There are like millions of people living in Seoul, so why on earth did he introduced me as his boyfriend?

"Hyung, I was just messi--" Jungkook was about to tell Taehyung that he was willing to help him without anything in return but the older one cut him off.

"Okay, Okay! Don't rush me..." Taehyung sighed after a good 5 minutes of thinking, "I'm in!" Taehyung already regretted it. He felt like he just made a pack with the devil and sold his soul for the sake of his pride.

"You're really something hyung," Jungkook commented, not really surprised of the answer that his hyung gave him.

"I knew I would be damned after making up this disturbing relationship thingy. But listen to me carfully Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung made a step forward to the maknae, "If ever you will be in deep and ask for help, the return for it will be worse, my dearest friend!" Taehyung crossed his heart and mentally prayed to the mother nature to remember his words.

"Okay, whatever you say, should be done..." Jungkook grinned at his hyung as if it was never going to happen. He then took a step foward, closing the gap between him and the latter. Jungkook leaned in to Taehyung's ears, emphasizing the last part clearly that gave the said boy goose bumps, "...babe."

A sudden knock on the door, cut of their serious talk.

"Sir Jungkook? Mr. Kim is calling for you two," a waitress, at her mid twenties, nervously verbalized on the other side of the door.

"I guess it's time to meet my father-in-law," Jungkook turned into a whole different person, when he looked at Taehyung with loving eyes and especially with that sincere smile he pasted on his handsome face.

Taehyung was mesmerized by the acting skills of the younger one. As much as he wanted the moment to be real, he knew that it was still a long way to go to make Jungkook his.

"Sir Jungkook?" the waitress recalled the name of her boss.

"Baby! Stop! They are already waiting for us. We can continue with this afterwards!" Jungkook vocalized, loud enough for the waitress to hear and let out a small laugh when Taehyung turned red and not to forget the waitress outside the restroom.

"Yah! Don't overdo it Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung slapped the maknae on his arm, "Aish, mind reminding me why I agree on being friends with you?" Taehyung covered his face in embarrassement and that's when Jungkook finally found something to kill his time, "You know what? Don't even bother to answer. Let's just go, before they assume the worst," Taehyung stated, taking Jungkook's hand and laced their fingers together.

"Wow," Jungkook pronounced, looking at their interwined fingers.

Badum

Badum


"What?" Taehyung looked at him with his tomatoe-like cheeks.

"I never knew you wanted me so badly," Jungkook teased and gained another slap on his arm.

"You're welcome!" Taehyung rolled his eyes and they exited the bathroom, walking back hand in hand to were Taehyung's family was seating. "Let's start again. Everyone, let me introduce you my loving boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook," Taehyung smiled and presented his boyfriend.

"Good evening. I honestly was not prepared for tonight but I am very honored to meet you," Jungkook politely took a bow.

"Omo. Such a handsome young man!" Hyojoo clasped her hands together and spread her hands wide "Welcome to the family my son-in-law!"

"Thank you for the warm welcoming! I will take a good care of Taehyung," Jungkook reassured Taehyung's parents, his acting on point, making Taehyung stand beside him in awe.

"That means you did not lie about him?" Jae wook, who was still in progress to digest the happenings in front of him, asked.

"No sir, he was not lying," Jungkook answered for Taehyung.

"Excuse me sir Jungkook, Mr.Park has arrived and is waiting for you," the waitress from a few minutes ago, interrupted their conversation.

"Hyuna, tell him that I will be there soon," Jungkook pleased his employee to let Mr.Park, his father's businesspartner, know that he was busy at the moment.

"Jungkook right?" Jae joong questioned the black hair boy and Jungkook nodded, "It's okay! Just go! We still have plenty of time to get to know each other. It's really okay my son!" Jae joong kindly said.

"It was nice talking to you sir!" Jungkook appealed and shook hands with Taehyung's dad.

"The pleasure is all mine."

"May I excuse myself?" Jungkook send them a warm smile and looked to his side, where Taehyung was standing, "Just let me know when you're home okay babe?" Taehyung nervously nodded and Jungkook wasn't helping by leaning in and giving Taehyung a peck on the cheeks.

Badum

Badum

Why did I just do that?


-----------

Thursday. 11.40 PM Seoul, South Korea.

The revelation.

Taehyung was lying on his bed, starring at his iphonescreen for a while now. Looking at the text message he got from Jungkook, who apologized for kissing him on the cheek. He could still feel the soft lips of Jungkook on his skin.

Taehyung couldn't stop touching his left cheek, where Jungkook had pecked him. How long will he be able to keep his secret to himself, when Jungkook was making it hard for him to do so? He was almost at his limit on hiding the feelings he got for the maknae.

So how the hell will he survive this, after making Jungkook play his fake boyfriend? This was a bad idea, already knowing that it wasn't Jungkook's jam afterall. Is that boy even a slightly bit gay? 

Taehyung doesn't know. All he knows from Jimin is that Jungkook's never been in a relationship nor had he been interessted in anyone before.

How was that even possible? I mean how can someone like Jungkook not been in a freaking relationship?

And once again, Taehyung doesn't know.

Taehyung couldn't sleep with Jungkook messing with his thoughts, so he stood up and opened the door to his balcony. Maybe getting some fresh air will help him calm down for a bit and let him finally get his beauty rest.

Studying the stars on the clear sky, he smiled at the beautiful sight. Out of nowhere his attention was shifted to a young man, who was walking pass his villa. He could have just simply ignored it but he couldn't after finding out who it was.

Jungkook.

What is he still doing outside at this time?

Taehyung quickly put on his jacket and ran out of his room without any second thoughts.

----------

Searching through the area, Taehyung finally caught up with Jungkook.

"Hyung?" Jungkook asked surprised.

To be honest, it was the perfect timing for Taehyung to show up. Jungkook was in need of someone that will lend him a shoulder to cry on. He was a living mess right now and Taehyung knew that something was definitly off, the moment he saw Jungkook's puffy red eyes.

"Jungkook-ah! What happened to you?" Taehyung worridly hurried over to Jungkook.

"It's all my fault," Jungkook cried "I'm sorry! I'm sorry hyung!" Taehyung was right, something was fishy because the maknae's breath reeking of alcohol.

"Yah! Are you ing drunk?" Taehyung was about to scold the maknae, when the maknae lost his balance and they both fell on the ground.

Jungkook was still sobbing like a madman and Taehyung was lost, not knowing what made Jungkook that way, but his heart broke seeing Jungkook like that.

"I'm sorry hyung," Jungkook repeated again and again, "If I had only knew..." Jungkook burried his face in Taehyung's chest.

"Sssshh... It's okay Jungkook-ah," Taehyung caressed his back, because that's the only capable thing he could do at the moment.

"It's all my fault," Jungkook stated, wiping away the tears that was running down his messed up face.

10 minutes had passed and the two were still sitting on the cold ground with Taehyung trying his best to make the maknae tell him what was wrong.

Taehyung's phone rang. It was already 12 o'clock in the morning.

"Yeoboseyo?" Taehyung picked up the call.

"Thank god. Taehyung? I know it's pretty late, but Jungkook didn't come home yet and his maids are worried since..." Jimin paused.

"Since?" Taehyung curiously asked.

"Since..." Jimin was unsure if it was right for him to be the one telling Taehyung.

"Since?" Taehyung repeated, "Jimin. What the is going on? What happened to Jungkook?" Taehyung didn't intend on yelling at Jimin, but looking at Jungkook's state he couldn't stay calm anymore.

"Are you with Jungkook?" Jimin worridly inquired, ignoring all the questions of Taehyung.

"Yes, he's right beside me and he's ing drunk. What the should I do? He keeps on apologizing to me and tell me that it was his fault. What's his fault?" Taehyung freaked out once Jungkook started to cry again, as he stood up and ran away, "Jungkook! Wait!" Taehyung hang up on Jimin and ran after the maknae.

Taehhyung collided when he spotted Jungkook lying on the ground, not moving an inch. He ran towards Jungkook and helped the said boy to get a hold of himself, but it was hard since Jungkook was unconscious.

"JUNGKOOK!" Jimin yelled, getting out of Yoongi's car, when he spotted Taehyung carrying Jungkook on his back. "!"

Jimin helped Taehyung to get Jungkook inside the said boy's villa and placed the unconscious boy on his bed.

"This is getting out of hand," Yoongi appeared at the doorframe, "We should make it clear for him that it wasn't his fault."

"Can someone please enlighten me? What is wrong?" Taehyung asked, his eyes glued to the boy on the bed.

"I think Taehyung has the right to know. Don't you think so babe?" Yoongi questioned his boyfriend, who was sitting beside Jungkook.

"Yes. Taehyung listen carefully okay?" Taehyung nodded and settled himself on the other side of the bed.

"I'm listening," Taehyung prepared himself for the worst and most heartbreaking truth behind Jungkook's being.

"It's his hyung's death anniversary today. It's been 2 years now that hyung is gone..." Jimin sighed, looking at the peaceful sleeping maknae as he continued with the story, "They were really close, but 2 years ago, Jung Hyun decided to move to New York with his girlfriend and Jungkook wasn't really happy with the decision his brother had made... to make it short, Jungkook ran away and of course Jung Hyun searched for him. Jung Hyun got into a car accident while doing so. Since then Jungkook completely change and until now he's still blaming himself for Hyung's death," Jimin finished.

"..." Taehyung was speechless. This was something he didn't expected at all.

"Thank you Taehyung for being by his side, while I couldn't. I had no idea, this would end like this..." Jimin explained, playing with Jungkook's haird, "You know, ever since you came... the maknae began to talk more. Seriously, before you came, he was like the mutebotton in person. He was bearly talking and was only showing his cold side. Thank you for coming to JSU really! I knew you would be the answers to our prayers regarding kookie," Jimin thanked Taehyung.

"Will he be okay?" Taehyung his lips.

"Yes. He just needs rest and I hope that someday he will realise that it's not his fault. I really miss my best friend," Jimin pouted.

"This is so sad," a tear escaped Taehyung's eyes. "I hope so too. This is so heartwrecking..."

"It is," Yoongi agreed "That's why we're not giving up on our Jungkookie, right babe?" Jimin nodded.

"Jeon Jungkook. I don't know what you are going through right now but I will make sure, you will move on and stop blaming yourself for your hyung's death. Even if I have to go through hell, I won't give up on you..." Taehyung smiled.

I promise.

------------

 

Hey guys :D

Sorry it took me "long" to update hehehe

I literally just came back from being death. BTS murdered me with their comeback.

UGH. They even broke so many records! And I've been promoting them so much that I didn't really had the lust to write this chapter hehe

Buuuut here it is :D It's a short chappie but since a lot of you asked me what happened to Kookie, I just thought I should finally

reveil the truth :) Hope you guys like it! Enough with the drama, next chapter will be better I promise!

I just need to calm down from BTS comeback because I'm still freaking out everytime I watch their mv hahah

Btw. Who is your bias? Mine is definitely TAEHYUNG T___T That boy needs to learn how to control his freaking tongue T___T

AND HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JIMIN!!!! :D

Army, let's help BTS get 20M view in less than 5 days! Hwaiting! Until next chapter :D

With lots of love,

- missright123