Forgiveness & You

Atlas

 → To end the finale, the song used for this chapter: Cold Water by Justin Bieber

 The Summer Trip: Finale 



Yoongi found Hoseok sitting on the curb in front of the parking lot. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair before sitting down next to him. Hoseok glanced at Yoongi in disappointment. Yoongi made eye contact with him and spoke. “Look, JImin and I-” Hoseok then cut him off.

 “I need to talk to you.” he said, fiddling with his fingers. Yoongi nodded and folded his arms, looking directly at the parking lot. Hoseok took hold of Yoongi’s hand and sighed.

 Yoongi looked at Hoseok, noticing his sad expression on his face. Hoseok closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Taehyung and I kissed last night.” he said. Yoongi shook his head and pulled his hand away from Hoseok’s.

 “I knew you still loved him.” Yoongi said and scratched the back of his neck. “I do.. And that’s why I can’t be with you and love someone else.” he said. Yoongi nodded. “So, you’re just going to get together with Taehyung again?” Yoongi’s eyes started to water as he looked into Hoseok’s eyes.

 Hoseok shook his head and cupped Yoongi’s face. “I want you to be happy with who you’re supposed to belong to..” his eyes started to water as well. Yoongi spoke. “Jimin..?”

 Hoseok didn’t dare to hesitate. He nodded. Yoongi nodded and wiped a tear that strolled down his cheek. “Just know that I love you..” he said to Hoseok. Hoseok smiled slightly and replied. “I love you, too.”

 Yoongi smiled and let out a small laugh before pressing his lips to Hoseok’s, kissing him for the last time. After their last kiss, Hoseok stood as Yoongi did the same. They walked back to their camping site.

 “I’m glad you guys are back!” Mr. Kim said in a cheerful tone. Hoseok and Yoongi put on a smile as they headed into different directions. Yoongi sat next to Jimin while Hoseok sat next to Taehyung.

 “Since today is our last day, I think we should all take a walk. We’ll divide into groups and meet back at our camping site. Sound like a deal to you?” Mr. Kim said.

 They nodded as Mr. Kim started dividing them into separate groups. “Yoongi and Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung, Baekhyun and Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin. Mrs. Kim and I will go on a walk alone from all of you loud kids. Understood?” Mr. Kim stated.

 They nodded and started grabbing their partners for walks. Taehyung and Jungkook started to walk through the woods. It was silent throughout some of the walk until one of them spoke. “I’m sorry about yesterday.” Jungkook said.

 “Why are you sorry?” Taehyung asked as he slipped his hands into his pockets slowly and sniffed. “I shouldn’t of kissed you like that.” he said.

Taehyung nodded. “I’m also truly.. sorry.”  Jungkook had a confused look on his face.

 “Sorry for what?” he asked, confused and worried.

"I'm sorry for hurting you, Jungkook. It was wrong of me for sleep with your childhood friend. I shouldn't of got drunk in the first place." Taehyung admitted and glanced at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded. "I forgive you. I know you don't like Baekhyun in that sort of way, I'm also sorry for treating you poorly. I was jealous and angry, I guess.."

"Jealous of what?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook sighed and spoke. "You and Baekhyun. I felt like you didn't care for what my feelings were. You and him were even getting close with each other after you guys slept together." he admitted.

"Well, I told you. I.. don't like him." Taehyung said and looked straight in front of him. Jungkook nodded and smiled. "Then I forgive you.." Taehyung smiled softly and bit his lower lip.

"I miss California." Taehyung said and frowned. Jungkook let a small laugh and spoke. "I do too, the weather was relaxing. Why do you miss California?" he questioned.

"I want to go back to the place we met.. It's something that can't be forgotten because you're something.. special.." Taehyung smiled and face palmed himself.

He felt ridiculous.

Jungkook blushed. He laughed softly and nodded. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook again who was blushing a little too much at the moment. "Blushing hard, huh?"

Jungkook hummed, "mhm," Taehyung went behind Jungkook which made the younger one stop walking, wondering what's the older one was doing. Before you knew it, Taehyung was on Jungkook's back.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and smiled. "I miss this, too." Taehyung admitted and ran his hands through Jungkook's hair. Jungkook spoke. "I do, too." he held onto Taehyung tightly as he continued walking.

Taehyung held himself close to Jungkook, getting in on his scent. He felt so relaxed and comfortable at the same time. This is what he wanted.


"I have something to say." Hoseok said, taking a glance at Baekhyun before returning his eyes back to what's in front of him. Baekhyun nodded and spoke. "Like what?"

"I'm sorry for threatening you. It's that I was protecting Taehyung since he's like a brother to me." he said and apologized. Baekhyun smiled. "I understand completely. I promise not to hit on him again. I see how he has feelings for Jungkook. They're meant for each other." he said.

Hoseok nodded. "I agree with you." he gulped. Baekhyun and Hoseok continued walking and talking. They talked about different subjects to kind of get to know each other before heading separate ways tomorrow.


 

An hour later after walking, they met back at their camping site. Mr. and Mrs. Kim prepared lunch such as baloney sandwiches and potato chips with water again. Taehyung and Jungkook were messing with each other while Hoseok tapped Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung looked up to see who it was. He looked down at Jungkook and mouthed, "one second," before getting up off the log and following Hoseok. Hoseok and Taehyung walked somewhat far so no one can hear what they're talking about. 

"I need to talk to you." Hoseok said. Taehyung nodded and folded his arms over his chest. "Clearly." Hoseok sighed and glanced at Jungkook before Taehyung. "Have you told him about us last night?" 

Taehyung shook his head and bit his lower lip. "I will.. soon." Hoseok nodded. "Good, anyway, I wanted you to tell you that I want you to be happy. I can't take you away from someone who loves you more than I do." 

Taehyung nodded and spoke. "Jungkook...?" Hoseok patted Taehyung's shoulder. "You two belong together. Don't worry about me, everything is Jungkook. I know you like him." 

Taehyung smiled and hugged Hoseok tightly. "As long as you're still my best friend." he said. Hoseok smiled brightly and snuggled up into Taehyung's neck. "I'm not going anywhere." 

They both released from the hug and glanced at Jungkook. Baekhyun had approached Jungkook and sat down next to him. Taehyung smiled and looked at Hoseok. "I may not be with you, but I will always love you no matter if I love someone else." 

Hoseok nodded and held Taehyung's hands in his. "Tell Jungkook how you really feel about him, okay? He has the right to know. You never know what he could possibly feel. Quite possibly the same way.

Taehyung felt tears coming down his cheek as he jumped into Hoseok's arms one last time. Hoseok laughed and pulled Taehyung away, wiping Taehyung's tears that strolled down his checks.

"Be happy, okay?" Hoseok smiled as Taehyung nodded. They walked back to the camping site and Taehyung felt much happier. Baekhyun got up from the log and smiled at Taehyung before sitting with the love birds, Namjoon and Jin. 

"Baekhyun apologized for what he's done to me." Jungkook smirked as he took a sip from his water bottle. Taehyung sniffed and rubbed his eyes. "I'm glad he did. None of us shouldn't of thrown you down with so much pressure." 

Jungkook smiled and rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung layed his head onto Jungkook's and looked over at Hoseok. Hoseok was smiling and eating his baloney sandwhich. 


 

The day rolled by quickly as the weather cooled. It was time for their last rest on the solid ground in their tents. Baekhyun woke up Taehyung from his sleep softly without frightening him.

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked in Baekhyun's direction. His face was puffy. "What? Are you okay?" Taehyung asked as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He glanced at Hoseok to make sure he was sound asleep.

"Jungkook wants you in his tent. I'll rest with Hoseok if that's okay with you?" he asked and turned off his flashlight. Taehyung nodded and switched places with Baekhyun. He zipped the tent back up and started walking to Jungkook's tent, yawning.

He ped the tent cover and hoped inside. He zipped it back up and stared at Jungkook with droopy eyes. Jungkook, of course, was wide awake. He had on a bright smile just as Taehyung entered. 

"What?" Taehyung asked as he yawned again. Jungkook smirked and laughed, pulling down Taehyung next to him and covering him with the blanket. "Lay with me," he said.

Taehyung blushed and got close to Jungkook's chest as much as he could. Before you know it, he fell asleep quickly. Jungkook ran his finger up and down Taehyung's arm slowly as he fell asleep. 


 

The next morning was a very pleasant morning for everyone. Mr. and Mrs. Kim woke the teenagers up one by one so they could pack their things together. Mr. Kim made his way to Jungkook's tent quickly. He ped the tent cover and saw the way Jungkook and Taehyung snuggling together.

He smiled and didn't bother. Mr. Kim zipped the tent back up and warned the others to pack their things so they can hit the road. 

Later on, Jungkook and Taehyung woke up side by side, smiling at each other. "Good morning," said the younger one. Taehyung smiled and cupped Jungkook's cheek. "Good morning to you,"

Jungkook smiled back and sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Today's the last day, isnt it?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. "Well, I'm going to go get things straight." Taehyung got from under the covers and left the tent.

Jungkook let out a small laugh and finally got to packing his things as Baekhyun returned. "How'd it go with you and Taehyung!"

Jungkook smiled and spoke. "Good, I slept well." Baekhyun screamed and shook Jungkook. "Well, we gotta pack now. We're leaving shortly." Baekhyun stated.


 

"Alright, everyone got their tents back in the boxes? I sure do hope so because we aren't coming back. That also goes for if you lose something behind, so check." Mrs. Kim said and thrown on her bag over her shoulder.

Soon, the taxi came for Baekhyun to head back to the airport. He was heading back to California. "I hope you have a great year in school!" Mrs. Kim said cheerfully and hugged Baekhyun.

He smiled and spoke. "I had a great summer with you guys. Thanks for taking me with you guys. It can't be forgotten." he got tears in his eyes from joy. The other teenagers and the parents of Taehyung group hugged Baekhyun.

Baekhyun made his way to the taxi. He got in and waved. The teenagers and Mr. and Mrs. Kim waved to him as the taxi man drove off. "Alright, go head to the vehicles. We're right behind you." Mr. Kim said as him and his wife walked.

Taehyung pulled Jungkook back. Jungkook smiled at Taehyung's actions as he spoke. "Yes, Taehyung?"

"I need to talk to you." Taehyung said as he patted Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook nodded and folded his arms over his chest. "I kissed Hoseok, but before you get mad, I want to pour out all my feelings I have for you."

Jungkook bit his lip and nodded again. "Go on." Taehyung sighed and took Jungkook's hands in his. "This is way too early, but I truly love you no matter if you believe it or not. I never meant to hurt you like that. It's always been you."

Jungkook blushed and smiled. "I-I love you too, Taehyung." Taehyung smiled and cupped Jungkook's face, pressing his lips to his and pulling him closer than necessary. Jungkook relaxed himself and kissed Taehyung back. It's like.. heaven.

Hoseok stood behind the corner, smiling. He couldn't ruin the moment, but it was time to. "Yo! Time to go!"

Taehyung and Jungkook separated and looked in Hoseok's direction. Taehyung and Jungkook linked fingers together and walked towards Hoseok. Hoseok tagged along as they caught up. "Don't worry, I didn't see anything." Hoseok lied, whispering into Taehyung's ear.

Taehyung nodded and kissed jungkook on the lips before he jumped inside the passengers seat of the Range Rover. Hoseok rode in the back with Namjoon and Jin since Yoongi was in the RV to admit his feelings to Jimin. 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim understood. 

In the RV as they were driving back, Yoongi sat next to Jimin. Jimin scooted over and smiled. "I guess you're sitting next to me?" he sarcastically said. Yoongi nodded and spoke. "I like you," he admitted. 

Jimin almost choked on his salvia. Yoongi smiled and looked a little concerned. "What?" Jimin looked at Yoongi and sighed. "I believe that I like you too, hyung." Yoongi let out a small laugh, blushing a little too hard.

Jimin leaned in and met lips with Yoongi's softly. Yoongi kissed him back and pulled away. "You're the one.." he said. Jimin smiled and kissed Yoongi again.

Jungkook glanced at Yoongi and Jimin. "Well, this was quite a summer trip," he smiled and thought of Taehyung.

Yoongi and Jimin pulled away from each other and laughed. "It sure was.. but ended up being.. perfect.." they looked at each other and smiled. 

 

This was their summer trip.

 

In the nearby future, Taehyung and Jungkook moved in together into their own house. They would always play games, help each other with studying and homework, and invite the other teenagers for a night over or a fun night. Yoongi and Jimin plan to rent an apartment together which they end up doing. Namjoon and Jin however did not move in together, but always would keep contact with each other. Hoseok continued his career which was dancing. Every once in a while, he would be invited to meet together with the other few teenagers to have fun. 

They were all happy.

 

-kendalltaehyung, July 21st- October 9th, 2016

 

*Check out Limit Your Distance! (~my next story!)