Depression Stages

Atlas

 

"Look, you don't have to pretend to hang out with me. I'm pretty sure you'd much rather be with your boyfriend." Jimin said as he slipped his hands into his front two pockets.

"What? Why are you saying that?" Yoongi replied.

He glanced up at Jimin, unsure where this situation was going.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I never meant to say that. You guys are cute together."

Yoongi looked down and smiled softly.

"You're just saying that."

Jimin rolled his eyes in a playful way and lightly pushed himself to Yoongi, making him lean.

Yoongi laughed a little, pushing Jimin back. "I'd rather much be with you than Hoseok. I see Hoseok every day. You? No."

Jimin smiled.

"Well, I kind of told my friend that we were only going out for coffee, but since it isn't eleven yet, do you want to do something else?"

He pulled his hand from his front pocket and reached for his phone, checking the time.

Yoongi smirked. "I wanna go to the beach."

"The beach?" Jimin asked, very confused.

"You know, the same beach where we.. met."

"Well gosh, you make it sound like we're dating." Jimin sarcastically said, laughing.

Yoongi shook his head and smiled at Jimin. "Let's go!"

Yoongi tugged on Jimin's arm, leading him to the beach.


Taehyung and Hoseok positoned  themselves back into their seats.

"I'm glad you guys have come back." Mr. Kim spoke up, looking at Hoseok and Taehyung who were now sitting next to each other.

Hoseok nodded while Taehyung looked down.

"So, Hoseok,"

Mr. Kim picked up his coffee cup slowly, taking a few sips before returning the cup back onto the table.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?" Hoseok asked politely.

"You're... you're dating Yoongi?"

Hoseok didn't dare to hesitate. "Yes, yes I am. Is there a problem?"

"Well, of course there is."

"What problem?"

Hoseok leaned himself forward towards the table.

"Do you realize that you hurt my son?"

Hoseok sighed. "I'm well aware, sir."

"Then why are you suddenly dating my son's best friend?"

"Because I have feelings for him and I think that we're meant for each other."

"So you're saying that Taehyung was never the right one for you?"

Namjoon grabbed his phone and put it right in front of his face, avoiding the distraction and conversation between Hoseok and Mr. Kim.

Hoseok looked at Taehyung who currently had a tear rolling down his face.

He returned his eyes back to Mr. Kim. "He was.."

"Now you're just confusing us all, Hoseok." 

Mr. Kim threw his napkin onto his plate in frustration. 

"I left Taehyung for a reason."

"And that reason is..?" Namjoon spoke.

"That reason is never to be said.." 

"Come on, Hoseok! You know Taehyung still loves you. No matter how hard you push the poor boy away, he will always love you." Mr. Kim screamed out in the nice manner as possible.

Jungkook stratched the back of his head roughly, looking down.

Taehyung looked up and glanced at his dad.

Mr. Kim looked back.

Taehyung shook his head. "Please.. stop.."

"Son, do you understand what Hoseok has been doing to you? He's trying to hurt you."

"You don't know that, dad," Taehyung answered, taking a glance at Jungkook who only makes him cry more of guilt.

"Hoseok.. he's just trying to protect me.." Taehyung finished.

"Well, you know what son? It doesn't appear to look at way now does it?" 

Taehyung wiped his tears. "I do."

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, very hurt.

Mr. Kim slid his plate and mug away from him. "Since everyone is going into their depression stage, I have a very thoughtful idea to finish this summer off."

Namjoon got wide-eyed. "What are you talking about?"

Mr. Kim put his hands onto the table, linking fingers with both of his hands. "This California trip is over."

"What do you mean it's "over"? You can't do that." Namjoon said.

"Yes, I definitely can."

"How?"

"Tonight we'll pack up and head to the airport and catch our flight back to Korea. Understand?"

"Dad, seriously? You can't ruin our summer like this." Taehyung implied.

"I personally think this whole California thing was a big screw up. So, with that being said, we're going back to Korea."

"You're.. not taking me with you guys, right..?" Jungkook asked, looking at Mr. Kim.

"What are we gonna do for the rest of the summer days we have left before school is back in session?" Hoseok finally spoke up.

"Well, when we land back to Korea, we're gonna go pick up Mrs. Kim, well, tell her everything and explain why we came back so early, and go out into the woods."

"The woods?" Namjoon asked with confusion.

"Yes. Since Taehyung, Mrs. Kim and I haven't been camping in years, I think it's a lovely idea, don't you think?" 

Mr. Kim smiled.

"No, it isn't. Why do all of us have to get involved with the "Kim's Camping Trip" special? Can't you leave us here while you three do your little camp out in the woods?" Namjoon questioned.

"How else would you get home?"

Namjoon didn't think of that. 

He sighed in anger.

"Why the camping trip?" Taehyung asked.

"I think everyone needs to get along and with this camping trip, it'll be a big bonding experience."

"What do you mean by 'everyone'?" Jungkook interrupted. 

"You and your little friends including that Baekhyun guy is coming along with us."

"What the hell? You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can, Jungkook. You're not going to tell your parents about me taking you."

"So you're basically kidnapping me and my friends?"

"It's not like that. I'm sure your parents would understand."

Jungkook scoffed and looked away. "This is so unfair."

Mr. Kim left money on the table for the waiter, leaving a tip as well. "Let's get out of here and do something quite fun before we leave."

"Fine, but just know, none of my friends are going to be very pleased with this situation." 

Jungkook stood up and exited the coffee house before anyone else could.

 

A/N: Have you guys seen the short films of WINGS? -BTS- It's very confusing, but very artistic! Anyway, I decided to update this chapter because I know some of you wanted this one and the other reason is because I start school tomorow - :( -, and I'm probably not going to be updating as much as I used to this summer. This isn't the last chapter. I hope many of you subscribe for daily updates and comment down below what you think! -kt