These Hidden Feelings

Atlas

 

  Mr. Kim started walking to every tent to make sure it was put together safely. After he examined each tent, he told the younger ones to huddle together. The teenagers formed together to hear what Mrs. and Mr. Kim had to say. "Since the sun is about to set, we need some sticks to form a fire. Mrs. Kim and I will get dinner ready while you find sticks. Got it?"  

"Good, I'm hungry." Hoseok said and walked away from the huddled group. Taehyung followed behind Hoseok as Yoongi caught up. "Can I walk with you guys? I really don't feel like going alone." Taehyung said, slipping his hand in his pocket. 

"Yeah, I don't care." Hoseok replied and started picking up sticks. Yoongi sighed and also picked up sticks while walking. They continued walking as a voice shouted out. "Mind if we walk with you guys?" Jimin shouted out from afar. 

"It's like they're following me." Taehyung began to shiver in disgust. Hoseok waved them over and smiled. Soon, Jimin and Jungkook reached the three. Jungkook had his hands in his coat pockets while Jimin had his arms crossed.

"Well, we shouldn't stare at each other until sunset. Let's get moving before we get eaten by the animals." Yoongi said harshly. He glanced at Jimin and Jungkook before wrapping his arm around Hoseok and continuing to walk.

Taehyung didn't want to stay back with Jimin and Jungkook, so as Hoseok and Yoongi started to walk, he did the same. As they were walking, they began picking up sticks. It was silent throughout the whole walk. 

When they were finished picking up sticks, they headed back to the camping site. Mr. and Mrs. Kim had a picnic table placed in the middle of the tents. On the table, it had hot dogs and potato chips. For the beverage, it was water. 

Hoseok's eyes lit up when he saw food lying on the table. He let go of Yoongi's hand and walked towards Mrs. Kim in a fast pace. "Do..you mind if I.. have a bite?" he let out a small laugh. 

"No, Hoseok. They're not even cooked yet. That's what the fire is for. Never been camping?" she smirked. Hoseok sighed and shrugged. He walked back to Yoongi and took his hand in his again. 

Baekhyun ran up to Taehyung and tugged on his hand. "You're back, I see." he smiled. Taehyung nodded and pulled away from Baekhyun. Jungkook was glaring at Baekhyun angrily. Baekhyun noticed, but didn't bother. "Want to take a walk to the lake?" he took Taehyung's hand in his.

Taehyung slipped his hand away and smiled at Baekhyun. "Later." he said and walked to his tent. Baekhyun pouted and returned his eyes at Jimin and Jungkook. "The new power couple." he smirked. Jimin slid his hand into Jungkook's pocket, holding onto his hand and pulling him away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked in Namjoon and Jin's direction. 

Yoongi finished his talk with Hoseok. He kissed Hoseok on the lips softly before walking away. He spotted Jimin and Jungkook sitting together on one of the logs. Yoongi smiled to himself and walked in their direction. 

Once he reached them, he took a seat on another log and looked straight at them. "Since when did you guys become a couple?" he asked. Jungkook glanced at Jimin and nudged him. Jimin let out a small laugh and cleared his throat. "In Taehyung's room." 

"T-Taehyung's room?" he asked, confused. Jungkook nodded. Yoongi nodded too and smiled. "Well, you two are.. great together." 

Jimin smiled at Yoongi.

He's so cute!

"Thank you, Min." Jimin said. Jungkook glanced at Jimin. He knew Jimin was in love with Yoongi. But, somehow it bothers him? Jungkook slipped his hand into Jimin's and intertwined fingers. 

Yoongi bit his lip and got up off his log. He walked away and found himself going in Namjoon and Jin's direction. Jungkook stood and began walking. "Where are you going?" Jimin shouted out towards Jungkook.

Jungkook pointed at his tent and continued walking. Jimin shrugged and started adding sticks to the short fire. 

At sunset, Mr. Kim called over the teenagers to sit down on a log in front of the fire. When they were seated, Mrs. Kim passed out hotdogs on a stick to roast in front of the fire. She also passed out the potato chips and individual bottles of water. She sat down next to her husband and starred roasting her hotdog.

Taehyung came to join them, but unfortunately, there was no open seat except for the one next to Jungkook. He grunted as he looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun made eye contact with Taehyung. He motioned for him to sit next to him and Taehyung did.

He walked in Baekhyun's direction and sat next to Baekhyun. "Honey, are you hungry? There's a hotdog left for you on the picnic table." Mrs. Kim said, patting her son's knee. Taehyung shook his head as he looked at the fire. Baekhyun slipped his hand onto Taehyung's thigh slowly, smiling. 

Jungkook glanced slowly as he took a bite of his hotdog. He swallowed his hotdog chunk before standing. He left the bonfire and walked through the woods. Taehyung sighed to himself angirly. He also stood and left the bonfire with him, taking a flashlight with him. 

Yoongi and Hoseok looked at each other and shrugged. Jimin sighed and shook his head. "This can't be happening. Not now." Yoongi looked at Jimin sadly. He felt bad for him. "Excuse me, Hoseok. I'll be back in a minute." he said as he got up off the log. Hoseok nodded as he took another bite. 

Yoongi walked towards Jimin and sat down next to him. At first, he started hesitating, but not for long. He rubbed Jimin's back and Jimin rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder. Jimin sniffed and layed his hand on Yoongi's chest.

Hoseok glanced over and stopped taking bites. He knew it shouldn't worry him, but somehow it does. He avoided Yoongi and Jimin's moment quickly and looked in another direction. 

*_____*

Taehyung pushed tree branches out of his way as he looked in every direction surrounding him. He pointed his flashlight towards the lake and spotted a figure standing and looking at the lake. He knew it was Jungkook.

He walled silently towards the lake and turned his flashlight off, setting it down in the grass. Taehyung walked up by Jungkook's side. "Is this your spot to think?" Taehyung sarcastically asked, looking directly at the lake. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "It's not funny." Taehyung smiled and nodded. "Alright alright, I get it." Jungkook sighed and slipped his hands into his pockets. "Besides, shouldn't you be with your boyfriend, Baekhyun?" 

"He's not my boyfriend. Besides, I don't even like him in that way." Taehyung confessed. Jungkook shook his head angirly. "He doesn't deserve you." he mumbled. Taehyung looked at Jungkook. "What do you mean?" 

"Baekhyun is a player. He's messing with your heart. He's dating Chanyeol, but flirting with you. He's done that with most people." Jungkook stated and made eye contact with Taehyung finally. 

Taehyung nodded and bit his lower lip. "And you?" Jungkook shrugged. "He's never played me because I'm not his type." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Be thankful for that." Taehyung smiled and layed his hand on Jungkook's arm.

Jungkook nodded and grabbed Taehyung's hips, pulling him closer and hugging him tightly. "I'm sorry, Taehyung." Taehyung sighed happily. It felt so nice to be in Jungkook's arms. He hugged tighter. Jungkook pulled away from the hug and looked in Taehyung's beautiful brown eyes. 

He leaned in slowly. Taehyung pulled away instantly and grabbed his flashlight. "I'm going to go head back to the bonfire before resting time. I'll talk to you later." Taehyung said as he walled away and faded in the woods. 

Jungkook didn't know what happened, but was it him?

*____* 

Taehyung got closer to their camping site. He realized he just left Jungkook behind without taking his hand or anything. He feels like he's done the wrong thing. He sighed and bumped into a figure's chest with a flashlight. The figure was Hoseok. 

"Taehyung! Are you okay? I had to look for you for a while now, where were you?" Hoseok shouted and rubbed Taehyung's arm. Taehyung didn't dare to speak to his hyung. He just continued walking. "Taehyung, what happened back there?" Hoseok asked, worriedly. 

Taehyung and Hoseok reached the camp site. Taehyung sat down next to Jimin and Yoongi slowly. Hoseok sighed and shook his head sadly. Yoongi patted Jimin on his knee and stood. He walked to Hoseok and spoke.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Yoongi asked. Suddenly, Jungkook came out of the woods. He continued to walk to his tent. He closed the tent behind him in an odd way. Hoseok got angry easily as he walked toward Jungkook's tent.

Yoongi stopped him and pulled him back. "What the hell happened back there!" Hoseok pushed Yoongi away with force and continued walking to Jungkook's tent.

He was ready for a fight.

 

Jungkook likes Jimin. Jungkook has feelings for Taehyung. 

○ Six more chapters until finale ☜