Bye, California

Atlas

                     The Summer Trip

They arrived at the car rental just a few minutes after leaving the restaurant. Mr. Kim parked his car next to Jin's. As soon as they parked their vehicles, they got out.

"Everyone got their things together?" Mr. Kim asked, locking the car. Jimin groaned and nodded. They walked in the car rental slowly, ad they dragged their luggage behind. Mr. Kim walked up to the desk.

"You're leaving so early!" Taehyung overheard Mr. Kim and the man's conversation. He blocked them out and sat down next to Jungkook slowly. His lips parted into a straight line before glancing at him. 

"I overheard you and Hoseok's conversation in the car." he bit his lip, avoiding rye contact. Jungkook was already annoyed. He didn't bother to make eye contact with the other young man either. 

"Excuse you," Jungkook had said in an angry tone, scaring Taehyung. Taehyung sighed in disappointment. 

"I'm trying to say that I'm sorry." Taehyung admitted. He finally had confidence in himself. Well, not necessarily. Jungkook finally made eye contact with the younger one who sat next to him. He looked confused.

"Sorry for what?" 

"I-.." Taehyung trailed off as he fiddled with his fingers while glancing at the floor below him. 

"You..what?" Jungkook lightened his face up a little bit so Taehyung can admit what he was trying to say. He wanted every detail and and a truthful apology. Taehyung had to lie. He already knew what Jungkook would do. He wouldn't accept his actual apology. 

"I'm sorry for overhearing the conversation between you and Hoseok..?" Taehyung lied.

"I don't really care. I don't want you to talk to me, okay?" Jungkook replied in a quick answer before putting in his ear buds. Taehyung's heart began to sink as he nodded. It's time for him to tell Jungkook the truth sometime soon. He started to get up from his seat and walked toward Yoongi and Hoseok. 

Hoseok stopped his conversation with Yoongi and looked up at Taehyung, looking concerned. "Are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

Taehyung nodded and put on a fake smile. Hoseok glanced at Yoongi before facing Taehyung again. "You're not okay." Hoseok assured. Taehyung shook his head as a tear fell down his cheek. "I'm not okay."

Hoseok nodded and threw his arms around Taehyung slowly, pulling him into a hug. Yoongi smiled and joined the hug, making Taehyung feel comfortable and safe. Namjoon glanced over and looked a little confused. 

"Wait a minute, Jin. I think I know what's going on." Namjoon said as he walked toward the hug and also joined. Taehyung laughed and smiled. Jungkook moved his head back and forth to the music before noticing Taehyung's friends surrounding Taehyung. He looked away in disappointment and shook his head. "Not yet.." he said to himself.

The boys released the hug and patted his back. "You'll be okay," Namjoon said to Taehyung before walking back to Jin. Hoseok and Yoongi smiled at Taehyung. "Namjoon's right.." Hoseok said.

Taehyung nodded again. "Thank you, you guys are the best." Hoseok and Yoongi glanced at each other and laughed. "He meant me." Hoseok said to Yoongi. Yoongi shook his head. "Aw, it's cute when you think so." Yoongi replied.

Taehyung smirked and grabbed his luggage. Mr. Kim walked over to the group of teenagers and guided them towards the door. The group of teenagers followed behind the chaperone as quick as they can before getting left behind. The group of nine started their journey to the airport. The airport wasn't that far from the car rental, so they walked. 

Hoseok stayed behind with Taehyung to keep him company while Jungkook was at the back, keeping his distance from Baekhyun and Taehyung. He began to listen to his music the whole walk there. Mr. Kim was at the front with Namjoon and Seokjin while Yoongi walked by himself. Jimin ran up to Yoongi, poking him on the shoulder. Yoongi had his hands in his jacket pockets as he looked up. 

"Hey," Jimin said, as he also slid his hands in his jacket pockets. Yoongi smiled and spoke. "Hey, Park." 

"Don't call me that, Yoongi." Jimin pouted sarcastically and elbowed Yoongi. 

"Fine, Jimin. What do you want?" he asked.

Jimin shrugged. "A talk, nothing more." Yoongi glanced at Jimin before returning his eyes back to the solid ground.

"We have plenty of time to talk on the plane. You know we're sitting together, right?" Yoongi smiled again and elbowed Jimin this time. Jimin had a huge smile on his face. "I know, I should've thought of that." 

"Yeah, mhm." Yoongi rolled his eyes as he continued walking. Jimin took his hands out of his pockets and clapped them together. "I'll talk to you later." 

Yoongi nodded and smiled. "Sounds like a deal." Jimin also nodded and walked up next to Baekhyun. Hoseok stayed close to Taehyung for his best friend to stay warm since he didn't have a jacket. Taehyung wanted to pull away, but couldn't because Hoseok is his best friend. 

Hoseok smiled and slipped off his jacket and wrapped it around Taehyung. Taehyung smiled softly and looked up at Hoseok. "Why are you doing this?" Hoseok shrugged. "I know you're hurt because of Jungkook." 

Taehyung's smile faded as he nodded slowly. "Yeah, him." he replied and looked down at the ground. Hoseok sighed. Taehyung looked back at Hoseok. "I thought you were on Jungkook's side." 

"There's no such thing as a side, Taehyung. If there was, I'm always on yours. I was only supporting him because I was hurt, too." Taehyumg's eyes bulged as he scoffed. "Hurt?" 

"I mean, I felt bad for him. I meant it in that way. But, as time passed by since that party, I realized it was a mistake for you. You and Baekhyun were drunk and didn't have the minds to actually think about the actions." Hoseok stated. Taehyung felt like smiling. He was so glad to have Hoseok as a friend.

Taehyung smiled. He slid his hand into Hoseok's hand as he intertwined fingers with him. Hoseok intertwined fingers with Taehyung tightly before knowing what he was doing. Hoseok was doing the wrong thing. As much as he loved Taehyung, he can't go behind Yoongi's back and cheat. Literally. 

Hoseok pulled away from Taehyung and crossed his arms over his chest. Taehyung looked concerned and worried as Hoseok moved away slightly from Taehyung. 

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked. Hoseok snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Taehyung. 

"Nothing, just cold." Hoseok laughed nervously, looking away. Taehyung took off Hoseok's jacket and wrapped it around Hoseok. "Here."

"Thanks." Hoseok said.

A few walks later, they reached the airport. Namjoon and Mr. Kim held the doors open for the other group of teenagers to come in much quicker. As they walked in, it wasn't as full as they thought it would be. They gave the lady their passports. She looked over the passports slowly and then let them go in. 

Soon, everyone was settled on the plane and in their seats. Mr. Kim looked around and noticed Hoseok sitting with Taehyung. He walked over, sneaking behind the lady and reached them. "Excuse me,"

Hoseok and Taehyung looked up and noticed Mr. Kim standing in front of them. "Hi, dad." Taehyung smiled. Mr. Kim put his hands on his hips. 

"Wrong seat, son." He glared at Hoseok and pointed to the seat Jungkook was in next to Baekhyun with his angry face on. "You belong over there." Hoseok groaned and looked at Taehyung. He started to grab his phone and ear buds and stood. Taehyung looked at his dad. "Dad, can't he sit with me?" 

"No, sir. You guys talk everyday. Give Jungkook a chance."

"Jungkook aren't on talking terms right now, Dad. Please, just let Hoseok sit with me." 

Jungkook started to walk over slowly. Mr. Kim smiled as he saw Jungkook. Jungkook stepped over Taehyung and sat in his seat, looking out the window. Taehyung rolled his eyes. "See! Dad, please."

Mr. Kim shook his head and mouthed, "Talk to him," before walking away. Hoseok followed behind Mr. Kim as a hand wrapped around his wrist, pulling him back. "You're seriously going to let me sit next to him?" 

"You'll be fine, relax." Hoseok smiled and Taehyung smiled back. Hoseok walked away as Taehyung glanced at the back of Hoseok's jacket. "Makes Me Wonder".

Taehyung glanced at jJungkook who fell asleep that quickly. He sighed and looked away, also closing his eyes. 

Later on, the plane took flight and flew off, soaring through the clouds, leaving California.

"Look who it is," Hoseok looked at Baekhyun, angrily.

Baekhyun smiled. "Hey, Hoseok." 

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Just know, you're the one who caused this if it weren't for you to throw that stupid party." Baekhyun scoffed and him himself rolled his eyes. "It was my birthday party. This situation wouldn't happen if you didn't come to California."

Hoseok pushed into Baekhyun. "What did I tell you if I caught you laying a hand on Taehyung again?" Baekhyun laughed softly. "What are you going to do?"  Hoseok smiled sarcastically. "Do it again, you'll be sorry." 

Baekhyun's smile faded as he looked out the window. 

_____________________________________________________________________

                     

                          The Summer Trip