Truth Needs Protection

Atlas

 

"Are you really going to tell my dad about Baekhyun and I?" 

Taehyung dug through his luggage trying to find a good and yet clean shirt.

"What are you talking about?"

Hoseok including, went through his luggage.

"What do you mean? You said you were going to tell my dad about..Baekhyun and I.." 

Taehyung got up off the floor and walking over to his nightstand.

"No, not really. I told you that you were going to be the one who told him. It's your fault for getting too high."

"I can control my actions, Hoseok."

"Can you? Can you really? I don't think you actually have the chance to. Not after what happened last night."

"It was a mistake, can you get over it?"

"You need your friends and family to protect you. It's better if you told him."

"Why?" 

Taehyung went straight towards Hoseok, arms crossed against his chest.

Hoseok stopped digging through his luggage to look at his best friend.

"Did you not hear me? Again? You need your protection."

Hoseok grabbed his clothing and walked to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

"My protection? I'm a grown teenager."

Taehyung then slid on his new and fresh T-shirt.

"Taehyung, listen to me. What if something bad happened last night when you were dizzy and drunk? Things turn out like that a lot."

"...you worry about me..?"

Taehyung leaned against the bathroom door and slid his hands in his pockets slowly.

Hoseok sighed. 

"I haven't stopped, Taehyung. Yeah, you're my ex, but you're also my best friend that I will always have a care in the word for. I rely on you even if I..left you for..Yoongi."

Hoseok looked down.

Taehyung smiled and also looked down.


 

"So, um, where's Jungkook?" 

Jim looked at Jimin before returning his eyes back to the road.

"Don't ask me."

"Maybe he's with Taehyung."

"Probably."

"So, um.. silly question.. but um.. do you happen to..like this Yoongi guy?"

Jimin began to hesitate for a solid second. 

"No, Jin. He's a friend."

Jin nodded.

He pulled into the hotel parking lot and parked the car beside Mr. Kim's VW Passat.

"How are you getting to the coffee house? I mean, then again, you are the smart one, am I right?"

"We'll walk," Jimin unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Alright, well, I'll be home at eleven or so,"

Jimin smiled and got out of the car, making his way towards the two front doors.

Jin backed out of the parking spot and eventually left the hotel.

Jimin felt his palms shaking. He didn't understand why Yoongi would ask him to "hangout" if he has his own friends to deal with. Even his boyfriend. Jimin controlled the way he was shaking before entering the hotel lobby.

Once he took a step inside, he spotted Yoongi.

"I'm sorry if I'm late.." 

Jimin slowly walked to Yoongi.

"You're not late. Remember, this is a hangout. Not a date." Yoongi smiled and got up from the couch.

Yoongi made his way towards the exit doors with Jimin by his side.

"Well..um, how are you?" Yoongi asked, opening the door for Jimin.

"I'm doing fine, what about you?"

Jimin glanced at Yoongi as they continued to walk on the sidewalk, getting weird emotions inside of him. Good emotions. Seeing Yoongi's face made him smile a little.

"Good, thank you. Um, look.. I'm sorry if I was somehow clingy towards you the other night. The words I might've said was something false."

Jimin gulped. "No, you're fine. I get it."

Yoongi smiled. "Well, great."

But, the thing is, Jimin wanted him to be clingy towards him. Yoongi's charming. He has a good sense of humor. Looks like the rude type, but the real personality shows something different. A personality anyone would absolutely fall for. This doesn't mean he has feelings for Yoongi or anything, it's a sign of saying Jimin wants someone like Yoongi. But that's hard to find because everyone is different. 

"But..I enjoy your company.."

Yoongi looked up at Jimin slowly.


 

"Are you guys prepared and ready?" Namjoon and I have been sitting here for fifteen minutes." said Mr. Kim.

"Are you sure?" Hoseok asked.

Taehyung slid himself next to Hoseok just as if they were magnets.

"Would Mr. Kim lie?" Namjoon interrupted.

Hoseok nodded very seriously.

"Where's Yoongi?" Mr. Kim asked, looking at the two magnetic boys.

Hoseok and Taehyung glanced at each other.

"Well, go on. Tell him." 

Taehyung smiled.

He sighed and looked at Mr. Kim. 

"He went on a date with some guy that I happen to know."

Taehyung nudged Hoseok. "What?" He whispered.

"Wait, you know this guy?" Namjoon asked.

"And you didn't even bother to tell me?" Mr. Kim looked so frustrated.

"No, Mr. Kim. I know how'd you react. And, yes, I do know him. Not personally, but we talked."

"When?" Taehyung asked.

"At the airport."

"Really, Hoseok?" 

Namjoon rubbed his forehead.

"I'm sorry. He'll be fine, okay? I trust the guy he's with."

They nodded.

"Well let's head up the road, fellas." Mr. Kim got up and walked to the doors.

"Should we go get Jungkook?"

Namjoon looked at Mr. Kim.

"I think we have the room. Yoongi's gone and we all fit last time. I'll be waiting in the car."

Mr. Kim left.

"Do you want to come with me or I go get him?"

"No, I'm pretty sure he hates me." Taehyung assured.

"Why? What happened last night?" 

"Don't worry about it, just get the dude." Hoseok said.

Namjoon shrugged and left.

"His room is next door to mine!" Taehyung yelled.

"Sir, can you please stop yelling? This is a public area." The lady behind the desk complains.

"Sorry," Taehyung replied and rolled his eyes.

Taehyung pulled Hoseok into an open corner. "What do you mean Yoongi's on a date?" He whispered.

"Basically what it sounds like. He's. On. A. Date." Hoseok whispered back.

"No, idiot. Why is he on a date?"

Hoseok shrugged.

Taehyung punched Hoseok in the chest. "I thought he was with you!"

"He is. It's sort of a friendly date."

"A friendly date? Yeah, I never even heard of that because it's false information!"

"It's more like a hangout."

"Right. He's probably lying to you."

"How do you even know?"

"Because.."

"Because...?"

"Because "friendly dates" don't turn out to be friendly dates, they turn into a real date, Hoseok."

"Come on, Taehyung. Have trust in Yoongi."

Taehyung sighed. "I don't want you to get hurt."

He walked away.

Hoseok sighed and turned around. "Oh, hey guys."

"Why do you guys have to bring me with you every step of everyday?" Jungkook asked.

"Because your friends aren't here to take care of you." Namjoon said.

"I can take care of myself.

"You? In a room? By yourself? Yeah, I dont think so. Not after what happened last night." Hoseok dragged Jungkook towards the doors.

"What happened last night, Hoseok?"

"Oh please. You would've known if you weren't flirting with some guy."

"The name is Jin."

"Just saying."

Namjoon scoffed.