Invitation

Atlas

 Readers, you're the best! -kt


 

"Alright, when you guys finish your breakfast, get into some real clothes for the beach." Mr. Kim grabbed a piece of fruit.

"Yes, sir."

"That's too bad, I can't join you guys." Taehyung got up and stretched.

"Why?" Namjoon asked, finishing his waffle.

"I'm meeting with Jungkook."

"You met a girl?" Mr. Kim smiled.

"Does Jungkook sound like a girl name, dad?" Taehyung looked at Mr. Kim.

Mr. Kim shrugged. "You better not be hooking up with any boys. Remember what happened last time with who was it? Kai?"

Taehyung nodded and rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll go."

"Alright boys, go get ready. Don't forget to pack sunscreen, a towel, and sunglasses. I'll provide water bottles." Mr. Kim said. "Go! Chop chop! Sunscreen doesn't pack itself!"

Without anyone looking, Hoseok kissed Yoongi's cheek before leaving with Taehyung.

"Well, Yoongi, I know sunscreen doesn't crawl itself." Mr. Kim looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi got up and grabbed his sunscreen and sunglasses, dropping it in his travel bag.

"Well, come on Mr. Kim, let's go." Yoongi motioned for Mr. Kim to get up.

A few minutes later, they all met in Mr. Kim's room.

"All packed?" Mr. Kim looked at the four teens.

"Yes."

"Double check, I might've forgotten something." Mr. Kim went back to the bathroom.

"I know I got all my stuff." Hoseok assured.

"Me too." The other three said.

"Alright, I'm set. Are you four?" Mr. Kim came back in the room.

"Duh."

"Well, let's head on." Mr. Kim grabbed the keys as they left the room.

As they entered the lobby, Mr. Kim asked Mary, the lady at the desk, for five water bottles.

"Thank you."

When Mr. Kim left the hotel lobby, he caught Yoongi and Hoseok fighting, again.

"Jung Hoseok! Min Yoongi! Again? Seriously?" Mr. Kim had his hands full.

Taehyung walked up to Mr. Kim and took the water bottles to store in the cooler. 

"Hoseok was the one being a jerk." Yoongi replied.

"And Yoongi was the one who started it."

"That's it. Yoongi, you're up front and Hoseok, you're in the back." Mr. Kim answered, making all of the teenagers get in the car.

Mr. Kim jumped in the driver's seat and drove off.


"Wow, I never saw Mr. Kim's angry side before." Namjoon started.

"I have, and it's not pretty." Taehyung said.

"Well, that's because you lived with him." Namjoon slid his hand in Taehyung's shoulder.

"I never saw Hoseok's either." Yoongi said.

"Shut up." Hoseok looked at Yoongi.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the beach.

"Listen to me before you all get out of the car and scramble." Mr. Kim looked at Yoongi, then the rearview mirror at the other three.

"Say what you need to say, Mr. Kim." Namjoon said.

"Thank you, Joon. Anyway, stick together and do not get lost. If you happen to want to go somewhere far but close to me, let me know. I am the chaperone in this group. Now, do you understand?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Yes, sir." They all have said and got out the car, running towards the beach.

"Yup. I have a feeling they're not going to listen." Mr. Kim said to himself and got out of the car.

"Do you guys want to go get some ice cream at the stand over there before we relax? It's kind of hot." Hoseok stated.

"I'd love some ice cream." Namjoon replied.

"Shouldn't we ask your dad before we go?" Yoongi looked at Taehyung. 

Taehyung looked back at his dad which appeared to be reading a book, comfortably.

"Nah, he'll be okay." Taehyung then looked at his friends.

"Then let's go!" Namjoon started to walk and so did the others.

"Do you know what flavors they might have?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't know. Never been to California." Hoseok looked down at the sand, relaxing his feet.

"Look, we'll check out the flavors as we get there." Namjoon said.

"Agreed." Yoongi replied.

They continued to walk to the ice cream stand, talking about random things. Suddenly, as they were walking, the five had crashed into a group of four.

"Oh! We're terribly sorry." Baekhyun layed a hand on Hoseok's arm.

"No, you're fine." Hoseok smiled.

Taehyung, right?" Jungkook said, smiling.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung took a step closer.

"Yeah, nice seeing you again."

"You too."

"Oh, you're the famous Taehyung Jungkook has been bragging about." Jin smiled, extending his hand out towards Taehyung.

He shook it slowly. "I guess so?"

"I don't brag." Jungkook looked at Jin.

"Oh, nevermind, Taehyung."

"Thank you." Jungkook said.

"He does." Jin mouthed to Taehyung.

Taehyung let out a small laugh.

"I'm Jimin." He extended his hand out to Taehyung as well.

Taehyung shoot it, smiling at Jimin.

"Well, come on Tae. Introduce us to them."

"Well, these are my friends Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon." Taehyung pointed at each friend as he said their names.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you all." Baekhyun smiled again.

"Yeah, you as well."

"I'm Baekhyun, by the way."

They all stood silent, nodding.

"Well, before we separate, may I invite you guys to a party?" Baekhyun asked.

Jungkook nudged him.

"What? I think it could be fun. It would also give us a chance to catch up on each other." Baekhyun looked at Jungkook then Taehyung and his friends.

"Sure, we do like to party. What—" Hoseok said, before getting cut off.

"What party?" Mr. Kim crossed his arms, jumping right in front of Hoseok.

"It's a birthday party, sir." Baekhyun answered.

"Okay, them what will you be providing?" Mr. Kim questioned.

"You know, the usual. Cake, ice cream, sodas, capari—" Jimin got cut off this time.

"Too much detail, son." Mr. Kim said.

"Right. Sorry."

"I'll let my son and his friends go, but there better not be any alcohol provided at this birthday party you call it."

"I completely understand, sir." Baekhyun replied.

"Good." Mr. Kim finally walked away.

"Is it really a kid's birthday party?" Hoseok asked.

"No way, this is going to be much bigger."

"I'm in, you guys?" Namjoon said, looking at his own friends.

"Definitely."

Before another word could be spoken by anyone, they all broke apart. Taehyung went on a walk with Jungkook, Yoongi raced Jimin to the ocean, Hoseok walked along the beach, and Jin and Baekhyun stood in a corner, catching up on each other.

"So much for the ice cream." Namjoon said to himself, walking back to Mr. Kim.