Chapter 29

I'm Married To The School Nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

I was sitting here near the window inside our classroom while waiting for our professor to arrive.

 

I can't take the twins of my mind.

 

It feels so good to be around them.

 

I will sure make time to meet them.

 

My thoughts of the two kids were washed away when there's someone who sits on the chair beside me.

 

Usually no one dares to sit beside me except when I have the same class with Hyomin and Sunny.

 

I turn to look at that person and got shock.

 

There's my heart again beating like crazy.

 

I really hate being near her now.

 

"Who told you to seat there?" I coldly ask her.

 

She looks at me and frown.

 

Ham Eunjung she's not pretty.

 

She doesn’t have captivating eyes that you would want to stare all day.

 

She doesn’t have kissable lips that you could get addictive.

 

You don't like to hug her and kiss her.

 

No. No.

 

She's not that attractive.

 

She's not y and sh-

 

ARRRGGHHHH

 

WHY THE OTHER SIDE OF MY BRAIN IS OPPOSING WHAT I WANT TO BELIEVE????

 

IT'S MY BRAIN I SHOULD TAKE CONTROL

 

"I believe I don't need a special permission to sit here" She answered me like I was the only one getting affected by being near with each other.

 

Maybe I'm the only one who hasn't move on.

 

"Yes. But I don't want to sit beside you Ms. Park" I said trying to be formal to her at least.

 

"Oh well then find another seat" She said

 

What?

 

"Tss. I came here first. So why would I leave?" I said to her.

 

I can't lose to this girl.

 

"It's because between the two of us it's only you who got issues on our sitting arrangement that’s why “she said.

 

What did she say?

 

I was about to say something but her phone rings and she immediately pick it up.

 

"Hello sweetheart" I heard her say.

 

Sweatheart?

 

Is that Qri?

 

"Thank you baby that's so sweet. I love you too" I heard her say again

 

Sweetheart?

 

Baby?

 

Just how many endearments do they have for each other?

 

And why is she calling Qri baby?

 

That was our endearment before.

 

She shouldn’t be using that again.

 

"Yes baby I love you very much too" she said again.

 

How many times they would exchange I love you's.

 

Just ewe too cheesy.

 

I'm used to be sweeter than that.

 

I didn't listen to their conversation anymore.

 

I just plug my earphones and look outside the window.

 

To relax my mind.

 

I close my eyes and immersed myself to the music.

 

Until I felt that someone tap my shoulder.

 

I open my eyes and remove my earphones.

 

I frown at her.

 

"Uhm...can we talk?" she ask while looking down.

 

She seems a little hesitant and nervous now.

 

"Haven't we just talked a while ago?" I ask her

 

Coz I remember that we haven't talk really.

 

"I mean properly. The type that we are not arguing" she said to me.

 

I sighed.

 

"What else do we need to talk about? I'm ok now with my life and so are you. You have Qri now. Why do we need to talk?" I ask calmly this time but I wasn't looking at her.

 

"I don't know what you're saying but I wanna know how did we get divorced. I didn't remember signing any divorce papers before I left" She said.

 

What?

 

She didn't know?

 

I laugh bitterly

 

"Did you got your head hit when you are in US?...You send the divorce papers to me three days after you left. The papers were clearly signed by you Jiyeon." I said but trying to sound calm.

 

I don't want her to know that I'm still affected by all of this.

 

She was about to say something again but our professor already arrive.

 

The lecture then starts.

 

I want this lecture to end already so that I could now stay away from Jiyeon.

 

My heart is not as its normal pace when she's near me.

 

I hate it.

 

When the lecture was about to end and there's just a few seconds left before I could finally escape....

 

"Ok class before I dismissed you. I want you to prepare a case study. You'll be doing it with your seatmate. The submission will be after two weeks. Class Dismissed!" our professor said and leaves

 

A case study with a partner?

 

And the partner will be the seatmate?

 

My seatmate is....

 

I turn to look at my left because there's a window on my right.

 

She looks at me at the same time and our eyes met.

 

CRAP

 

I immediately look away and brush my hair in frustration.

 

I decided to avoid her already but yet there's something like this.

 

Heol

 

"Can you come to my house tonight? Let's get these things done. I know you are smart and I'm sure we don't need two weeks to finish this" I said as I stand and get my bag.

 

I didn't look at her either.

 

"I'm sorry but can we do this on weekends? I have to be home before it gets dark" She said

 

"Then let's do it in your place then" I suggested.

 

I'm eager to get all of this done.

 

"We can't" She refused again.

 

"Why not?" I ask her.

 

"Uhm...because...Uhm...we will disturb Qri" she said.

 

S-she li-lives with Qri in one house?

 

I took a deep breath as I try composing myself.

 

They're living together.

 

"Fine. Let’s get all things done on Saturday." I said and leave her.

 

I know that we will meet each other again like this before and I'm always preparing myself to that but the problem is...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was never prepared.

 

That's why I'm being like this right now.

 

I know I already said that I hate her.

 

I already said that I don't care about her anymore

 

But how can I hate her when my love for her is greater than the hate I'm feeling?

 

How can I not care when I still love her after all the pain that she had given to me?

 

But it's too late now.

 

There's no more reason to fight for her so I'll just wait till this feelings fades away.

 

 

AREUM'S POV

 

My class was only in the morning so I decided to get the twins from their nanny.

 

I don't know why but I suddenly felt attached with these kids in just a short while of being together.

 

Even though they call me Ahjumma and I get so tired of chasing them while they are running around.

 

Jijung is typically energetic, loud, childish and very jolly while Eunji thinks and talks like an adult but there are still some point that you could say she's childish too like her brother it's just that she is not as loud as Jijung.

 

"So kids where do you wanna go?" I ask them.

 

"PARK / Park!” they both say out loud but of course Jijung holds the record of being the loudest.

 

"Ok we will go to the park" I said and we walk to the park.

 

It's not that far from Jihyun's condo so it's ok if we just walk.

 

"AUNT AREUM WE MET DADDY AT THE PARK THIS MORNING" Jijung said as he happily sways my arm and skipping while we are heading to the park.

 

"Huh? Your daddy?" I ask him again.

 

Are they sure?

 

They met Eunjung?

 

"Yes Aunt Areum. Daddy promise that we will meet again at the park" Eunji said cheerfully this time.

 

I guess they're not lying.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter