Just A Smile

In Your Eyes

 

As Taeyeon and Tiffany hit the road with Taeyeon's blue mercedes benz, Tiffany can't help but look away whenever Taeyeon looks at her, and this irritated her.

"Hey, you alright?" Taeyeon asked without removing the her sight into the road.

Tiffany just nodded at her still looking face away from Taeyeon. On the other hand, Taeyeon just rolled her eyes and ignored the girl who's sitting besides her. Gripping her bag tightly, her body started hitting up. Tiffany open the  window of the car which gives way to the air outside. Taeyeon then feel the wind brush through her hair and body.

"S-sorry, mind if I do this?" slightly looking at Taeyeon's way, the girl just nodded enjoying the music being played in her car. 

*sigh. Thank god, I think she haven't noticed that I'm turning red. Ooh, what to do, I can't keep up like this* Tiffany thought to herself as she feels the wind in her face. They've entered a tunnel making Taeyeon slows down a bit.

"You sure this is the way to that place you're talking about? It's my first time entering this tunnel." Taeyeon switched on the lights of her car so that she can see the roas clearly. It's a bit dark inside the tunnel so it really does need a light. 

"Ah, yes. Don't worry, I know where we are going. Sorry about this, I shouldn't have invited you in the first place." Tiffany then turned her head down just to see a smirk on Taeyeon's lips.

"What?" Tiffany then looked up again and looks at Taeyeon.

"Nothing. Just a though pops out into my mind, nothing serious." still maintains the smirk in her face. Tiffany raised an eyebrow with curiosity coming with it.

*What? What now, does she thinks I'm stupid?* thoughts flows into her head about many different things and she can't stop thinking about it. 

They've passed through the dark tunnel and what they see right after the darkness of the cave was a flash of light coming from the sky. The sun was covered by thin clouds which creates a shade for the road. By the end of the edge of the road, there's this ocean whose color can be compare to those of cerulean sea. Seaguls flying through mid air, showing off their white feather as they flaps it together with the wind. The sound of the sea was calm giving it a tranquil feeling to those who'll see it, Taeyeon on the other hand, saw the magnificent sight and a smile grew onto her lips. Tiffany noticed the sudden change in Taeyeon's face which results for the girl to stare at Taeyeon. 

"Do I have something on my face?" Taeyeon asked as she looks the staring girl. Tiffany can't say a word due to the fact that Taeyeon noticed her, all she can do was nod and face the window of the car. Taeyeon find Tiffany cute as her expressions change everytime she looks at her. 

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

Tiffany's phone which is at her pocket began ringing. The girl caught her phone and found that Jessica was on the other line. She hesitates to answer it though Taeyeon ask her to.

"Answer it, or that princess will go berserk." advised by Taeyeon who minimize the volume of the car's music. 

"Yeah, you're right, excuse for a while," Taeyeon just nodded to Tiffany as she stirs the wheel to turn right. 

 

“hello?”

“Hey Tiff, where are you?”

“I’m with Taeyeon, what the hell happened back at school huh?! You didn’t show up! I hate you!” Tiffany’s voice jerked into Jessica’s ear causing it to ring, while Taeyeon after hearing the sudden shout, she stirred the wheel in the wrong direction and was about to hit on a tree on the side of the road.

“Hey watch it woman. Seriously, can’t you two talk like a lady sometimes? And don’t shout without warning”, Taeyeon replied on an angry tone.

“Sorry Tae,” she then turn her attention to Jessica who is on the other side of the line.

Taeyeon looks at Tiffany blinking three times, surprised on what Tiffany had addressed her, but seeing the girl busy with the other, she decided not to further discuss it and continue driving.

“You made her mad Tiff,” Jessica intentionally tease Tiffany who is already getting irritated.

“It’s not my fault you cold-hearted princess, it’s you! I hate you Jess!” Tiffany answered her in a husky tone.

“HAHA, mianhe. Anyway, we, I mean, me and Yuri already bought a dress for Taeyeon so we’re done with the clothing, all that’s left are the guests for the party. Know anyone?” Jessica asked.

“Yup, plenty. By the way Jess, I thought you hated “you know who”? why go all the way this time? HAHA” now it’s Tiffany who’s teasing Jessica, she got irritated easily and hung up the phone.

“She hung up, oh well.” Putting back her phone into her bag, she caught up an image of a platform saying, “SWITTOOTH”.

“Stop the car,” Taeyeon the stops the car as said.

“We’re here?” Taeyeon asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“Yes. Let’s go!” Without saying any words, Tiffany then grabs Taeyeon’s hand and walked her on the door steps of the place.

Opening the door, they are welcomed by its staffs. The place is not small nor big compare to the other pastry shops but the place gives a warm atmosphere. Walls painted with sky blue paint giving it a tranquil feeling, the scent of each pastry combines creating a unique scent which is pleasant to the nose and the places where people eat their orders are comfortable. Tiffany drags Taeyeon into the room to the bar table which she sat down in one of the moving chairs, which Taeyeon did as well.

“mister, the usual one.” Tiffany said showing off her eye smile to the man who’s in mid fifty’s. He immediately prepares her order and leave the two girls on the counter.

“What are you getting?” she then turned her attention to Taeyeon whose head is tilt upward looking at the drinks and foods being offered.

“I don’t know, since it’s my first time here, I don’t know which goes with.” Taeyeon then looked away from Tiffany.

“Hmmm, okay then, hey mister, make that two!” rising his thumb, Tiffany then smile for approval.

“What was that? Does one cappuccino not enough for you?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow.

Tiffany smiled innocently.

“don’t be silly, I can’t finished two cappuccino at the same time, I’ll have an heart attack. That one is for you.” Tiffany then again show off her eye smile to Taeyeon which causes the her to stare at Tiffany.

Seeing that eye smile for the first time, made her heart skip a bit. Confused on what has happened, Taeyeon asked Tiffany a bold question.

“hey woman, do you really like me?” out of the blue, Taeyeon asked Tiffany an awkward question making the other girl froze on her place.

*what the heck?!* Tiffany then thought of a word to reply to Taeyeon’s question.

“HAHA, w-what the heck was that? Asking out of the blue, but my answer is, I don’t know. I’m not really sure myself. I don’t know if this feelings are real or not, but as long as I’m not sure about it, I’m not saying my real answer,” Tiffany just say all the words onto without even thinking if it make sense or not, all she knew was that she needs to answer her or else, she’ll be mad.

“Ok” that’s all the words Taeyeon can say to Tiffany. The atmosphere at their place changes giving it an awkward feeling, not anyone of them speak a word after that question-answer thing. Their silence was cut by the voice of the man holding the two cups of blended cappuccino.

“two cappuccinos with heart shape for the two young ladies in front of me. And here’s a bonus since this is the first time Tiffany brought someone else besides Miss Jung.,” the man place the two cups in front of them together with the free croissants.

“Thank you mister,” Tiffany then took a sip of her cappuccino.

"you're welcome miss, enjoy yourselves" the man turned around leaving the two behind.

"hey, thanks" taeyeon then stirred her cappuccino before sipping it.

Tiffany just nodded and give Taeyeon a warm eye smile, making Taeyeon stares at Tiffany.

"Where do you want to go next?"

"Me?"

"No. Me, of course it's you." 

"HAHA, sorry about that. Let's see, can we go to the beach we saw earlier?" 

"yeah, sure."