A Friend

In Your Eyes

 

“Seobang”,

“Hmm? Yes Sica-baby?”

“What do you think happened between those two?” Jessica asked the latter as she read a book as she lay her head on Yuri’s lap.

“What do you mean Sica-baby?”

“Come on Seobang, didn’t you notice how the two act when they are close? I mean Tiffany isn’t like that when it comes to Taeyeon. She would go bubbly”,

“You think so? I don’t think anything changed. Well that’s for Taeng”, Yuri answered her girlfriend as she flip through channels.

It’s been a week since their vacation and YulSic is busy cuddling each other on Yuri’s place. Meanwhile at Tiffany’s place…

“Tiffany-dear, are you done packing up?” a voice of a woman asked.

“Mom! I told you I don’t like to go with you and Dad!”

“But dear, didn’t you say you want to go to Paris this the Christmas?” the woman asked her again.

“Changed my mind mom, I’ll go there with my friends”,

“What’s gotten into you Tiffany?” it was a man’s voice who asked her this time.

“Dad, please. I want to stay for Christmas. Jessi is staying”, Tiffany beg her father as she clings into one of his arms.

“Dear, don’t tell me you’ll let her stay?”

“What can I do?”

“Dear!” Tiffany’s mom couldn’t speak more as she sees her daughter happily jumping.

“But seriously Tiffany, why the change of mind?” her mom asked catching the girl’s attention.

She looks first at her dad then to her mom, “It is a secret”, she then stuck her tongue out as she locked herself into her room.

“What does she mean by that?” her mom wonders as she shook her head.

“Don’t ask me”, her dad shrugs as he continues to pack his things.

While inside her room, Tiffany kept on staring her picture with Taeyeon. She can’t help but smile as she reminisce what happened. Then the their kiss scene came flashing through her mind as she felt her face heating up.

“I just kissed…TaeTae”, she whispered as she trace her lips.

She then squeal as she hug her pillow and rolls on her bed. Panting, she stares at the ceiling. Stock at her daydream, her phone suddenly rings.

T-TaeTae!?

“H-hello?”

“Hi, you free?”

WHOA!? Is she asking me out?!

“Ye-yeah”,

“Great, Hyoyeon wants us to meet up with her”,

Aww, Hyoyeon. Tsk. And I thought she’d ask me out.

“Okay then…Hold on, how about Yul and Jessi?”

“I’ll call them once I’m done talking with you”,

“Oh?”

She called me first!

“Tiffany? You still there?”

“Oh! Yeah yeah, well mind as well get prepared”,

“Yeah. I’ll text you where the meeting place okay? See you”,

“Yeah see you TaeTae”,

She then put aside her phone and stares at the ceiling once more. She can’t help but smile.

KYAAA! She called me first before Yul! Anywho, act normal when you see her Tiffany. Mind as well prepared!

---

Meanwhile back at YulSic, Yuri and Jessica is now playing some video games on their console. Yuri has been getting slaps from Jessica since she keeps on winning. She didn’t notice that her phone is already ringing, for the 5th time already. Last game they played Jessica finally won against her. They slumped their tired body on the sofa as Yuri fetched her phone. Her eyes widen upon seeing the number of missed calls she received from Taeyeon.

“Shoot! Taeng’s been calling me!”

“What? It’s not my fault for not noticing your phone”, Jessica shrugs as she head to the kitchen.

“Aish!” her phone then ring once more. She immediately answers it.

“Taeng”,

“The hell KWON YURI!? Why aren’t you picking up your phone!?”

“Sorry! I was busy playing with Sica I didn’t notice you call”,

“Aish! Whatever! Go here now. Hyo wants to meet up”,

“Hyo? Whoa hold on, I’m at my place”,

“That’s why get your moving, Tiffany will be here any moment now. Bring Jessica along with you”,

“Huh!? Oh! Okay okay”,

“By the park okay?”

“Yeah got it!”

“Bye”,

“Bye”,

Yuri then hung up as she turn off the console and went to the kitchen where her girlfriend is.

“Sica-baby, Taeyeon wants us to meet up with Hyo, Fany-ah will be going too. She’s on her way actually”,

“Huh?”

“Come on Sica-baby!”

“Yah! Hey!”

---

“Taeng!”

“Hyo!”

Hyoyeon greeted Taeyeon as she seat beside her. They started conversing while waiting for the others to arrive. Tiffany came after that. The three waited for the other two as they grab something to drink on the convenient store beside the park.

“So Tiffany, where are your parents? Aren’t they worried about you?” Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

“Oh, they just went to Paris yesterday. Actually they want me to go with them…”, Taeyeon quickly look at Tiffany. “But I don’t want to leave my friends behind that’s why I stayed”, Tiffany looked at Taeyeon while showing off her eye smile before looking back at Hyoyeon.

“Oh? Such a waste! It’s PARIS!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she made a fist in the air.

“HAHA, you’re funny Hyo. Actually I want to go there…with my friends”, Tiffany trailed off.

“Oh? I see”, Hyoyeon answered back as she eyed Taeyeon and Tiffany from the side of her eye.

Another 30 minutes passed and still there were no sign of the YulSic couple. Hyoyeon keeps on looking at her clock and this trigger Taeyeon.

“Hyo, we better go. Your friend must be waiting too long”, Taeyeon spoke.

“Eh? But how about Yuri and Jessica?”

“Let’s leave them!” Tiffany in.

“HAHA! That’s a good idea!” Taeyeon continued.

Hyoyeon couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. She just shook her head as she sigh as she prepares to leave the other two.

“HEY!!!”

The trio look at the direction where the familiar voice is coming.

“Sorry we’re late!” Yuri pants between her words.

“We were about to leave too”, Taeyeon joked.

“What?? You’re gonna leave us behind Taeng?” Yuri asked.

“Yeah!” Taeyeon put on a smirk on the face earning a nudge on behind from Jessica.

“Yah!? What did you do that for!?” Taeyeon yelled as she winces in pain.

“Your fault shorty. Now let’s go”, Jessica flips her hair as she clings her arm on Yuri’s.

“Why you…”

The group then started walking to where Hyoyeon’s friend is waiting. YulSic is still sweet as ever causing the other to put up a face. Tiffany is typing away some keys on her phone as she listens to a song. Hyoyeon is busy whistling while Taeyeon’s doing nothing. Not long after that, they’ve reached their destination. Hyoyeon gulped before looking at Taeyeon then to Tiffany.

“Hyo, where is this?” Yuri asked. Hyoyeon was startled.

“Oh! Miy…My house!” Hyoyeon faked a smile to cover up.

The four raised an eyebrow as they looked at Hyoyeon.

“Wait here you guys”, Hyoyeon then excuse herself as she enter the house. The four just look into each other.

“Whoa, Hyo’s house is huge!” Yuri said, amazed.

“Not to mention it is close to Taeyeon’s place”, Jessica suddenly spoke causing the trio to look at her.

“What?”

“Now that I think about it Jessi, you’re right!” Tiffany started scanning the area.

“Well what do you know”, Taeyeon interjected.

Inside the house, Hyoyeon is inside the living room talking to someone. The girl was facing the window side in which she can clearly see the four figure standing in front of her house. Her eyes fixed on Taeyeon.

“Hyo, what took you so long?”

“Ah, We…we have to wait for Yuri and Jessica”, Hyoyeon nervously said.

The girl then chuckles causing Hyoyeon to raised her eyebrow.

“Yuri never change does she?”

“Y-yeah”, Hyoyeon answered.

“Send them in Hyo. I want to meet them”,

“O-okay. Wait here”, Hyoyeon quickly turned her back as she leave the girl on the living room.

“Oh! Hyo!”

“Come on in guys, sorry I have to clean up, hehe”,

“You don’t have to Hyo. Anyway, where’s this friend of yours?” Yuri asked.

“Sh-she’s in the living room. Fo-follow me”,

The four follow Hyoyeon inside the house as they excuse themselves. Hyoyeon’s palms are sweating as they were about to reach the living room.

“Hyo! Where’d you get all the money to build this house?! It’s HUGE!” Yuri in causing Taeyeon, Jessica and Tiffany to laugh.

“Ah, s-savings…H-here we are”, Hyoyeon stops.

The four also stops as they scan the area. There was a girl. Hyoyeon opened the lights.

“Hello”, Tiffany greeted first.

“Hi! The name’s Yuri! And this is my girlfriend Jessica!” Yuri greeted next.

“Hello, you must be Hyoyeon’s friend. We’re dying to meet you! Welcome to the group!” Taeyeon was the last, causing the girl to chuckle.

“Eh?” the four were puzzled. Hyoyeon just kept herself on the side.

“Excuse me?” Taeyeon asked.

“TaeTae, you never change”, Taeyeon was taken back from what the girl has called her.

“Oh? You know Taeng?” Yuri asked next.

“Of course Yul, how can I forget her?” the girl then slowly face the four causing Taeyeon to turn pale.

Yuri’s eyes widen upon the scene in front of her. Taeyeon was trembling causing Tiffany to get worried. Yuri step forward to get a clear picture of the figure in front of them. Her jaw widens.

“It…it can’t be…” Taeyeon finally spoke up.

“TaeTae? What’s wrong? You look pale”, Tiffany worriedly asked as she tug Taeyeon’s sleeve.

“Been a while, Yuri…Taeyeon”, the girl smiled.

“M-MIYOUNG!?!”

 

***