A PROMISE

In Your Eyes

A promise made is a debt unpaid. 

~Robert Service

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  

Spring welcomes the Zephyr air coming from the West that brings a cool feeling to its surroundings. Birds chirping and the trees were dancing as the wind blew its gentle breeze. Calming all things that it passes through.

It's nearing afternoon at the KIM's property. Everything is calm, signaling that spring has already came. On an open balcony, there lies the room which is no longer in use and it somewhat brings back all the memories that, that house had collected. 

"Taeyeon?" a gentle voice called out into the ear of the sleeping girl.

"mmm", Taeyeon groaned as she stirs on her queen-size bed.sleep

"It's already noon Tae, aren't you going to wake up?" as the girl poke Tae's cheek.

*giggle* *she's cute when she's asleep, looks like an angel* the girl thought to herself.

"mmmm, mwo? miyoung-ah?" growled as she slowly opening her two lazy eyes which were in deep slumber. She caught the eyes of the girl interrupting her beauty sleep and a smile grew into her lips.

"YEY! AT LAST, SLEEPING BEAUTY IS AWAKE!"  Miyoung shouted as she claps her hands in excitement as if she saw something incredible.

"miyoung-ah, my head h-hurts.. busy.. me... sleep... need.." without even ending her sentences, she fell asleep and gone to the dreamland once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!

As the alarm clock rung, waking the girl whose in her deep slumber. 

"mwo?" *sighed* Taeyeon got up on her bed. 

"Its THAT dream again, why do I always dream about her?" a sting in her eyes signaling that her tears were about to fall.

Headed straight to the bathroom to wash away those teary eyes of her, she starts looking her reflection into the mirror.

"It hurts. Miyoung-ah, it really does" she murmured as the tears make their exit into the girl's eyes.

 

It's already been a year since she lost Miyoung, her bestfriend since 6th grade and also her lover. Remembering the times that they shared together makes her heart ached everyday that it might shutter in a second once she can't hold on her feelings. Miyoung was the reason Taeyeon was able to live like her former self since she moved here in Seoul. Her former self was her dorky side, but after Miyoung passed away things return to the way it was before Taeyeon meets Miyoung.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK..

 

"MIYOUNG-ah! are you alright?!" a worried voice shouted.

"don't worry TaeTae, i'll be fine," Miyoung reply in a weak voice.

"SORRY MIYOUNG-ah, i can't do anything! I'm so useless!" Taeyeon yelled as she accompany Miyoung with the doctor and nurses.

"I'm sorry, but you can't go inside. You'll have to wait here." one doctor instructed her.

"but my friend is there, and she needs me! Please doctor!" Taeyeon shouted as tears flows through her eyes.

"I'm really sorry. You have to stay here." without further more talk, the doctor leaves Taeyeon outside the O.R.

 

Alone along the halls of the hospital, Taeyeon sincerely prayed and she didn't stop until the red flash from the O.R is off. 

After almost 2 hours of waiting, the lights of the O.R was turned off and the door slowly opens as one of the doctors came out and approach Taeyeon.

 

"May I know what is your relationship with the patient?" the doctor stared at the eyes of the crying girl.

"I'm here bestfriend sir. So what's going to happen to Miyoung?! Is she out of danger?! Is she?!" Taeyeon tremble in fear, knowing that it might not be a good result.

"...."

"Dr. PLEASE ANSWER ME!" she can't control her emotions anymore seeing her lover lying down that bed motionless as if it was a lifeless doll.

"I'll go straight to the point, errr."

"Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." she replied.

"alright ms. Kim, your friend is experiencing a major heart problem and I'm sorry to say that it is already in its critical state. We can no longer do anything for her. I'm really sorry." he finished her sentence while looking into the girl's eyes that were now blank.

"what? WHAT DID YOU SAY!? YOU CAN'T SAVE HER!? AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES DOCTORS AND NURSES!? PATHETIC! I KNOW SHE WILL SURVIVE THIS! I KNOW SHE WILL!" tears now running into her eyes down to her cheeks. Her fists trembles as she let out her emotions after hearing those words. Those words that breaks her heart into pieces.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon's bestfriend Yuri heard all about the news about Miyoung and headed straight to the hospital where Miyoung was confine.

"Tae!" Yuri gasped for air as she reached the room where Taeyeon and Miyoung is.

"Yuri." the girl then replied in a weak voice.

"How's she, Tae? Any improvements with her status?" Yuri worriedly asked the girl in front of her.

"...same" sighing hard as she looks back at the girl who is lying in the bed.

 

All Yuri can do was stare to the couple who are now facing their greates fear. She can't help but feel sorry for the both of them, and when they became so close too. It's been a week since Miyoung's operation but nothing seems to change, she's as weak as before, even worse. She looks so pale that those skin tones of her weren't considered as skin tones anymore. Her body became so weak that she can't even sit up by herself. Yuri visited once or twice a week to pay her a visit but she can't be there everyday because she has a school to attend to. Taeyeon, as the same year as Yuri, despite of that, she don't go to school anymore just to stay by her lover side. Hoping that when her lover woke up, she's be the first one that she'll see.  

 

"Miyoung-ah, it hurts to see you like this," she murmured as she cries under her arm. She can't control her emotions when it comes to this things because it happened to her before. 

"TaeTae..." a weak voice suddenly speak that made Taeyeon rose to where she was seating.

"MIYOUNG-ah! You're awake! How are you? What are you feeling?" she asked the girl question after question.

"Wa-Water.." she said as she cough hard. Taeyeon rub her back to ease the pain that she's feeling.

"I'll go get some, wait here, okay?" as she grab the doorknob and look back,

"Uhm" Miyoung nodded before Taeyeon could open the door and leave.

 

Just right after Taeyeon left the room rushing to get some water for her, Miyoung started to cough harder than she usually does. This time, she felt something warm came out of and she taste a metallic state that made her stiff. Hoping that she was mistaking from her thought, she slowly looked at her hand and was shocked on what she just saw. Blood all over her hand. All she can do was stare at her hand and can't do anything. That reminds her of Taeyeon, if Taeyeon ever see those warm liquid in her hand she would go wild and she didn't want that to happen. She quickly remove the stain of the liquid in her hand with a tissue before Taeyeon could enter the room, she already wiped off every single of it living nothing behind.

"Miyoung-ah, here a water," she gasped for air as she gives it to the girl.

"thanks TaeTae," Miyoung put on a fake smile on for Taeyeon wouldn't notice that something is wrong with her.

"hey, Miyoung-ah." an awkward silence filled the room, hearing only the sound of the airconditioner. Taeyeon stared at the girl's brown eyes before kissing her forehead.

"haha, TaeTae why'd you do that all of a sudden huh?" letting out a fainted laugh. Miyoung eyes met Taeyeon's. Yet another silence filled the room. 

Five minutes filled with silence, Taeyeon decided to broke it and,

"Miyoung-ah." her hands trembles as she holds unto the girls hand.

"what is it TaeTae? are you cold? your hands are as cold as ice and they're also trembling." she asked putting of a worried facial expression.

"Miyoung-ah, promise me," stopped for a while to look at the girl in front of her.

"..w-what? P-promise you what, TaeTae?" she gulped as she knew what Taeyeon wants for her to promise.

"Promise me, that you'll get better and you won't leave me alone," she bluntly say it as she continue to look at her lovers brown eyes.

Miyoung looked away but Taeyeon place her hand into her chin and turn her head back to where Taeyeon's head is.

"Promise me, Miyoung-ah," tearing her eyes, she bit her tongue to fight her tears from coming out and she could taste an iron state in .

"...TaeTae," she started crying that she couldn't bare to see her lover suffer in front of her. Taeyeon wipe of the tears in Miyoung and gently kiss her forehead.

"Please Miyoung-ah, promise me." she repeated it again.

"I...I Promise TaeTae." she bit her tongue for all she know that she can't keep that promise.

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

Just as Taeyeon finishes her lunch, she was alarmed by her phone. It was a phone call from her bestfriend Yuri.

"Hello?"

"HELLO YOURSELF!? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE TIME HUH, KIM TAEYEON!?" she shouted 

"I'm still at my place, I just finished my lunch Yuri." she said as she wiped off something on .

"OUR CLASS STARTS AT 1:00pm SHARP AND YOU ARE STILL THERE, YOU'VE ONLY GOT 15 YOU KNOW!?" yelling over the side of the phone.

"I got it, i'll be there Yuri, don't worry, I won't be late," without even saying another word, she hung up on Yuri.

"Tae? Hey," she could only here the dialling tone. She already hung up on her.

"AAARRRRGGGG, I'll get her for that." murmured to herself as she waits impatiently outside the school gates.

 

Not long after that, Taeyeon hop into her car and starts the engine. Stepping into the accelerator and off she go. Sighing that this day will be a long day for her with Yuri and lots of sermoning. 

 

"Miyoung-ah, it hurts." as tears runs into her cheeck once more.

 

 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 alright. wooo.. i really don't know what happened. Miyoung died right? haha just kidding. Aww, i feel sorry for TaeTae, but that is how the story goes. I hope you guys like this one. Though it's a bit stiff don't you think? hahaha. i'll be working on chapter 2 and i hope i'll finished it before christmas because i'm planning to make a xmas special for this one. though it's a different story.

 

ohh. i wonder what will happen? hopefully the TAENY part will be exposed soon XD hahaha. lolz.

 so subscribe and comments. OH COMMENTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATE :D