Miyoung

In Your Eyes

 

“It…it can’t be…” Taeyeon finally spoke up.

“TaeTae? What’s wrong? You look pale”, Tiffany worriedly asked as she tug Taeyeon’s sleeve.

“Been a while, Yuri…Taeyeon”, the girl smiled.

“M-MIYOUNG!?!”

Tiffany and Jessica looked at Yuri at the same time with confusion on their faces. Taeyeon remained unmoved on her position.

“Seobang? You know her?” There was a tone of jealousy on Jessica’s words.

“Ah, yeah”, Yuri looked at her girlfriend then back at Miyoung. She gulped. She step backwards where the others are.

“Have a seat guys”, Miyoung sat on one of the seats as she instructed the group.

“I’ll go get us some refreshments”, Hyoyeon said as she push Tiffany’s back gently signalling her to assist Taeyeon.

“Thanks Hyo”,

The four then sat on the long sofa facing Miyoung.

Miyoung looked at them one by one as she smile. Her attention then got stuck on Taeyeon’s.

“How’d you been TaeTae?” she asked.

“…”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. Her face is unreadable. It’s blank. Sweat bud can clearly be seen on her forehead. “TaeTae?” Tiffany asked as she grab Taeyeon’s hand.

Miyoung then looked at what Tiffany did. Her eyes furrowed.

“H-how?”

Miyoung was surprised by Taeyeon’s sudden question. This caused the other three to look at her. Yuri gulped.

“How? What how TaeTae?” Miyoung asked.

There was a long pause. Taeyeon’s eyes are fixed on Miyoung.

Miyoung closed her eyes as she breathe deeply before speaking. Their conversation lasted for who knows how long, Tiffany and Jessica couldn’t believe what they are hearing from this girl. Taeyeon just kept on looking at her. Yuri can’t look straight into Miyoung’s eyes. Hyoyeon was with them throughout. Some of them were spoken by her.

“That’s what happened”, Hyoyeon finished it.

“So you’re telling us that Taeyeon and Yuri believed that you were dead but the truth is you were with Hyoyeon during those times?” Jessica said.

“You can put it that way. I thought I was done for but then Hyoyeon found a solution for me”,

“Hyo, is that why you’re not with us when we are visiting Miyoung back on the hospital?” Yuri asked.

“That’s correct Yuri. My dad, well he was able to find Doctor Kim; the one who did Miyoung’s operation. It cost us a fortune though”, Hyoyeon answered back without looking at them.

“Mi-Miyoung”, Taeyeon trailed off causing Miyoung to smile.

“I’ve missed you TaeTae”,

Tiffany just look at the two whose eyes are fixed into one another. She felt a sharp pain on her chest just by watching them. Hyoyeon sees this and bit her lower lip.

“So Yuri, you found yourself a girlfriend huh? How did you do it?” Miyoung suddenly asked Yuri out of the blue causing the latter to stare at her.

“Well, it’s a pretty long story though”, Yuri answered back.

“Oh? But we have all the time in the world”, Miyoung smiled.

“…”

RING RING RING RING RING

The awkward atmosphere in the room trailed off when Tiffany’s phone started ringing. She then excuse herself. Taeyeon followed her with her eyes.

“Hello?...Sunny?...What?...Yes...I see…I’ll go there now…Yes…Eh? TaeTae? Well uhm…I’ll see…Yeah, see you”, she then place the phone back to her pocket as she seat again.

“Fany-ah, why did Sunkyu call?” Jessica asked.

“Jessi! She hates it when we call her that. Anyway, she wants us to meet her at the café.

“Eh? Why?” Yuri asked.

“Who knows. She also asked for TaeTae”, she then looked at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon slowly looks at her. They stare into each other’s eyes for a while before Jessica interrupt them.

“Don’t kiss in front of me now TaeNy, Sunkyu’s waiting for us. Seobang let’s go”, Jessica said as she drag her girlfriend with her.

Miyoung blink a few times after hearing what Jessica has to say, then she look at the two who’s now standing and ready to leave.

“Going already?” she asked, disappointed.

“Y-you can come with us Miyoung”, Taeyeon said.

“Really TaeTae?!” she immediately got off her seat as she walk towards Taeyeon before hugging her.

Tiffany was surprised by Miyoung’s sudden actions causing her to step backwards.

“Let’s go?” Miyoung happily asked as she clings into Taeyeon’s arm.

“Ah y-yeah”,

The two then walked away leaving Hyoyeon and Tiffany behind. Hyoyeon eyed Tiffany from the sides of her eye as she examine her reaction. It was blank.

“Tiffany, we better go too”, Tiffany snapped off on her trance as she nods before following Hyoyeon outside the house.

 

---

 

 

“TIFFANY!!!”

“Whoa there Sunny”, Tiffany said as Sunny hug her tight.

“Yoh Fany-ah”, Sooyoung came out of nowhere.

“Whoa, Youngie! Isn’t that…” Sunny said as she let go of the hug. She was pointing at Miyoung.

“WHOA!? GHOST!!!”

 

 

---

 

 

“Ahh, so that’s what happened”, Sunny said.

“Yeah that’s about it”, Miyoung replied.

“Ah…So anyway Sunny, why did you call?” Tiffany interrupt.

“Oh! About that! Can you do me a favour?” Sunny pleaded.

“Huh? A favour?” Tiffany asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah! Can you sing for tonight’s show? PRETTY PLEASE…”

“EEHHHHHHHHHH?????”

“Hey! I think that’s a good idea, don’t you think so too Sica-baby?” Yuri said as she asked her girlfriend whose busy sipping her juice.

“Uhm”, Jessica said.

“But I can’t…I…am shy”, Tiffany said as she plays with her finger.

“EEHHHH? Come on Tiffany. Please? Everyone’s order will be on me just sing please?” Sunny pleaded once more and with a combination of her aegyoo plus puppy eyes plus pouty lips.

“Uhmp. Fine!”

“Yey! That’s why I love you!” Sunny hug Tiffany once more.

“Bunny, what about me? Don’t you love me?” Sooyoung asked, her face sadden.

“Uhmm…cute! Of course I love you more than anything”, Sunny pinched Sooyoung’s cheek before planting a quick peck on it.

“Then it’s decided, Tiffany will be singing tonight!”

“YEAH!”

“Goodluck Tiff”, Jessica patted her best friend’s back.

“JESSI WILL SING WITH ME!”

All of them look at Tiffany all at the same time as well as Jessica whose eyes are widen.

“What the?!” Jessica objected.

“Whoa Sica-baby?! You can sing?!” Yuri was surprised.

“Wha…NO!”

“YES SHE CAN!”

“YAH SHUT UP! I CAN’T! SEOBANG I…” Jessica stops as soon as she sees her girlfriend looking straight into her eyes. Pleading.

I’ll kill you HWANG TIFFANY!

“OKAY!”

“YEY! I LOVE YOU SICA-BABY!” Yuri hugged her girlfriend as she smile like an idiot.

“Tiffany, you can sing?” Miyoung asked Tiffany.

“Ah…yeah…you?”

“No, my voice isn’t that great actually haha”, Miyoung laughs, Tiffany stares at her.

“Eh? Everyone can sing Miyoung”,

“Not me Tiffany”, Miyoung smiled as she looks at Tiffany’s eyes.

Sooyoung and Sunny were looking at the two before looking at each other. Then they look at Taeyeon who’s staring at the two as well. Sooyoung signals Sunny but the latter just shook her head.

---

That night, people are already gathering in the area as Taeyeon and the group were busy chatting on the table just in front of the stage. Yuri and Hyoyeon are busy with their drinks as Sooyoung was munching into her food. Sunny’s with Tiffany and Jessica back stage getting ready while Taeyeon and Miyoung are busy talking to each other.

On the back staged.

“So you guys ready?” Sunny asked as she fix Tiffany and Jessica’s clothes.

“I think I’m gonna pass out, it’s FULL HOUSE!” Jessica said as she keeps herself cool by fanning a fan.

“How about you Tiffany? You okay?” Sunny asked Tiffany who seems to be in one of her daydream.

“I’ll take that as a yes then. Get ready, shows starts in 5”,

Sunny then leave the two singers on the back stage as she walk into the table where the other’s are. She hand Yuri a piece of paper and a mic as well.

“WHOA!? What’s this?” Yuri asked holding onto the mic and the paper.

“You’ll be the MC! Be proud your girlfriend will sing. Show some support”, Sunny said as she winked at Yuri.

“EHH!? Let the MC be Taeng! I’ll support my baby just right!” She then passed the mic and paper into Taeyeon’s hands.

“H-hey…”

Taeyeon then look at the paper. Scanning through it, she read the song that Tiffany and Jessica will sing.

Heaven?

“Are those two singing a song which is in English?” Taeyeon asked Sunny.

“Hmm, ah yes! Jessica requested that song actually. She said it’s for her Seobang”, Sunny smirked as she looks at the tomato head Yuri.

“Y-YAH!” Yuri hides her face using her palm.

“HAHA!”

“Ahh…I see”, Taeyeon then continues to scan the paper.

“Tiffany’s going to sing Solo too?” she asked once more. This time, it caught the other’s attention.

“Hmm, yeah she said she wants to sing her heart tonight. Maybe she might get famous!” Sunny said as she laugh. Sooyoung followed afterwards.

“Oh…”

“Taeyeon, the show’s about to start. Please start!” Sunny instructed Taeyeon to take the stage.

“Okay…”

“TaeTae, FIGHTING!” Miyoung made a fist in the air as she claps her hand.

“Good evening to each and everyone of you. I’m Taeyeon and I’ll be your MC for tonight…” Taeyeon gulped before speaking again.

“Tonight’s performance will be led by Hwang Tiffany and Jung Jessica. May you all enjoy the night. Thank you”, Taeyeon bows before leaving the stage.

“What the heck is that?! That isn’t what’s written there!” Sunny said in an angry tone.

“It’s okay Sunny”,

“Aish! You KIM TAEYEON!”

---

“OH MY GOD TIFF! They called out our names! What to do!?” Jessica said as she started walking around circles.

“Jessi calm down. You’ll just sing one song for heaven sake! And Yuri will be there cheering for you, what can you ask for huh?”

“I ask to get out of here and ditch those people!” she earned a slap on her arm.

“YAH!”

“Get a hold of yourself Jessi. Let’s go”, Tiffany drag Jessica with her.

“OH GOD! Please let it be over!”

The two walk flawlessly on the stage wearing a cute white cocktail dress. Tiffany took the left aisle while Jessica took the right aisle of the stage. Applause and whistles can be heard from the crowd as they prepare themselves.

“WOOHOO!!! GO FOR IT SICA-BABY!!! SARANGHAEYO!!!”

“YAH! Yuri get back to your seat!” Hyoyeon grab Yuri’s arm and pulling her back on her seat.

Jessica just face palmed herself. Tiffany chuckles.

“Good evening everyone, my name’s Tiffany and that’s my friend Jessica”, she then points into Jessica.

“Ah…We’ll be singing HEAVEN by BRYAN ADAMS”, Jessica continues.

“Hope you guys love it. And later on, I’ll be doing a solo”, Tiffany winked at the crowd causing the loud chatter.

“DJ, music please”,

PLAYING : HEAVEN by TIFFANY AND JESSICA (COVERED)

As soon as the notes are hit, the audience fell into a great silence. All eyes are on the two singers singing beautifully on stage. Yuri’s eyes sparkles upon hearing her girlfriend’s voice. She can’t help but smile. Sooyoung and Sunny smiled at the corner. Hyoyeon was into her 3rd glass already as she listens to them. Taeyeon and Miyoung just watch the two sings. Miyoung stares at Tiffany as the latter sings her heart out. She then looks at Taeyeon whose looking straight at Tiffany.

Applause from the crowd welcomes the finale of the song as the two ends it. Chatters and cheering are forming. They were all shouting Tiffany and Jessica’s name. Some are asking for another one.

“You guys like that?” Tiffany asked as she puts on the mic on the crowd.

“YEAH!!!!!!!”

“TIFFANY SING MORE PLEASE!”

“JESSICA WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?!”

One from the crowd asked causing Yuri to stand on her seat. She then went in the stage and hug Jessica from behind.

“WHOEVER SAID THAT GET LOST! JESSICA’S MINE AND ONLY MINE! I ALMOST DIE WAITING FOR HER SWEET YES, SO STOP DREAMING! GET YOUR OWN SICA!”

The audience were in awe. Even Tiffany had her jaw agape after hearing Yuri’s speech. Then suddenly someone applause.

“WOOHOO! YOU GO YURI!”

It was Sooyoung.

“Youngie! Shut up!” Sunny slaps her girlfriend causing the latter to stop screaming.

Yuri then hears Jessica chuckle causing the latter to scratch the back of her head.

“So sweet Seobang”, Jessica said as she pinched Yuri’s nose and drag the latter into the crowd and into their table leaving only a sole Tiffany on the stage.

“Ahem…Well that was not on the plan, anyway. Do you want another song coming from me?”

“YEAH!!!!”

“TIFFANY WE LOVE YOU!”

“Haha, thank you everyone. And for that, I shall sing another song for you guys…here goes”,

PLAYING : CALL ME MAYBE

“Whoa, is she flirting or what?” Sunny asked.

“Huh?” Jessica asked.

“Bunny, it doesn’t mean that if she sings that song she’s flirting. Remember, she already love Tae…”

Yuri nudge Sooyoung from behind causing the latter to wince in pain. Sooyoung glared at Yuri as the latter signals her to stop talking. Sooyoung immediately get the situation.

“What was that Soo?” Miyoung asked.

“Nothing Miyoung, I just said that Tiffany really loves TOTORO!”

“Toto…ro?”

“Yup, it’s the stuff toy she got from Taeyeon”, Jessica said. Yuri face palmed herself.

“Oh? Is that true TaeTae?”

“Ah…Yeah, during the festival”, Taeyeon looked away.

“Oh…I want one too!”

Taeyeon looked at Miyoung.

“Really? You want a Totoro doll too?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm. Naa, I want a pink unicorn!”

“Huh? A pink unicorn?” Jessica asked.

“Yup! TaeTae, can you get one for me? Please?”

“Ahh, o-okay”,

“Yey! Thanks!”

Miyoung move closer to Taeyeon and kissed the latter on the cheek causing the other’s to be surprised. Taeyeon didn’t move an inch. Tiffany saw it all.

PAIN.

IT’S SO PAINFUL.

WHY?

Tiffany didn’t mind what the others are doing and just continue with her performance. The song call me maybe already ended and she’s on her 3rd song already.

“Guys, you want more?”

“YEAH!!!”

“MORE MORE MORE!!!”

“WOOHOO!!!”

“Okay okay, this will be the last guys. My throats kinda hurt…Well, I’ll be singing INVISIBLE by TAYLOR SWIFT. So if you know the lyrics, feel free to sing with me”, Tiffany finished her speech by starting off with the song.

PLAYING : INVISIBLE – TAYLOR SWIFT

She started off wobbly at first but managed to get the right tune. The message pierces through her heart. She glimpse over their table once in a while to see what was going on. She felt nothing but pain. She closes her eyes as she let herself get drown on the melody of the song. Ignoring the pain in her heart, she continues with her song. Applause from the crowd can be heard but she didn’t care. All she feels was pain. Tears are threatening to gush on her face but she’s fighting it.

Jessica stares at her best friend as she gritted her teeth. She then eyed Taeyeon from the side. Yuri notice this and taps Jessica’s back.

“Seobang?”

“Follow me. I have something to say”,

Yuri’s voice were deep. They’re serious. Jessica nods as they excuse themselves out.

“Seobang, what is it?”

“Promise me first that you won’t hit on anyone”,

 “Huh? Seobang, if you don’t tell me now you’re the one who’ll be hit”,

“Whoa! Easy baby. Okay it’s about Taeng and Miyoung”,

---

“Thanks everyone!” Tiffany vows as she exited the stage from the front.

“Tiffany!”

She turned from where the voice is coming.

“Yes?”

“I knew it was you! Been a while!” a man then hug her causing the group’s eyes to widen.

“Whoa! Bunny who’s that!?” Sooyoung asked.

“I don’t know!”

“Excuse me, but have we met?”

“Oh…Wait a minute…”

The man then ruffle his hair before splitting his bangs in the middle, he then puts on his sunglasses.

“NICK!”

“FINALLY! I’ve missed you!”

“Me too. Oh my god! Where have you been all my life?” Tiffany squeals as she hugs the man.

Taeyeon just stares at them. Her eyes twitching.

“Come, meet my friends”,

Tiffany led Nickhun on the group and introduces him to everyone.

“Nice to meet everyone. I’m Tiffany’s future boyfriend by the way”, Nickhun flash his smile.

“Oh?” Sooyoung then looked at Tiffany.

“Nick stop that. That was way back when we were little!” Tiffany playfully slaps the young man’s arm as she laugh.

“Hey, but that promise is still valid as long as you don’t have any boyfriend”, he then winked at her.

Taeyeon scoffed causing Nickhun to look at her.

“You’re Taeyeon right?”

“Yeah, so what if I am?” Taeyeon coldly replied.

“TaeTae!”

“What?” Taeyeon looked at Tiffany before looking away.

“Sorry about TaeTae Nick, she isn’t like this around people you see”, Tiffany apologize.

“Naa, it’s nothing Tiff. So what do you say, should we catch up with what we miss?” Nickhun said as he place his arm around Tiffany’s seat.

“Hmm”,

“She can’t”, Taeyeon interject.

“Huh?”

“Taeng, the hell is wrong with you tonight?” Sunny in.

“TaeTae?” Miyoung was now confused.

“Why can’t she? May I know?” Nickhun asked.

“Because…she’s busy with…”

Tiffany waits for Taeyeon’s answer as she gulped hard.

“Busy with?”

“M…”

“With her!”

They all turned just to see Jessica and Yuri. Yuri had a red stamp on her right cheek while Jessica is blazing with anger.

“J-Jessica?” Taeyeon surprisingly asked the latter.

“Say it Taeyeon”, Jessica said as she looks straight into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“TaeTae? Say what?” Miyoung asked.

“Huh? I-I don’t know Miyoung…I” Taeyeon stuttered between her words causing Tiffany to furrowed her eyebrows.

“Jessi what are you talking about?” Tiffany asked Jessica as she move closer to her.

“You need to know something Tiffany”, Jessica said, eyes fixed at Taeyeon and Miyoung.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica before looking at Yuri. The latter looked away.

“Know what? Jessi what’s going on? Do I miss something?” Tiffany is now anxious to know.

“We’ll talk about this tomorrow Tiff…” Jessica said. She then looks at Taeyeon and Miyoung. “Taeyeon and you. You guys will be coming as well”, Jessica ended as she turned her back on her friends.

“J-Jessi!”

“Well, maybe I was wrong timing then. I’ll meet you some other time Tiffany. Here’s my number by the way. Call me okay? Bye”, Nickhun bid farewell as he land a kiss on Tiffany’s cheek.

“Y-yeah. See you later Nick”,

“Tiffany I better take you home”, Hyoyeon offered as she finishes her last glass.

“Eh? How about TaeTae and Miyoung?”

“TaeTae will send me home. Beside, my house is near at hers so it shouldn’t be a problem”, Miyoung added as she clings her arm with Taeyeon.

“O-oh…I see. Okay then, see you guys tomorrow”, Tiffany looked down as she turned her back on them as she follows Hyoyeon.

---

“Sica-baby, wait a minute”,

“Sica, hey!”

“Jessica!”

Upon hearing her full name, Jessica stops right away this cause Yuri to stop as well. Jessica turned to face Yuri before slapping her for the second time.

“Waa, Sica? What’s wrong with you?!” Yuri said as she place her palm on her sore cheek.

“I ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION YURI! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!? WHAT’S WRONG!?” Yuri was surprised by Jessica’s sudden outburst.

“Eh…I”

“Why didn’t you tell me that, that Miyoung girl is TAEYEON’S EX GIRLFRIEND!?”

“Sica I…”

“WHAT!? TELL ME KWON YURI! TELL ME!” Jessica grab Yuri by her shirt as she pin her in the wall. Anger fills her eyes.

“HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO SAY IT TO TIFFANY HUH!?”

“Sica…I…”

“WHAT!? WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF TIFFANY KNOWS ABOUT MIYOUNG HUH!? CAN SHE HANDLE IT WHEN SHE KNOWS ABOUT MIYOUNG BEING TAEYEON’S EX GIRLFRIEND!?” Jessica then stops as she saw two figure approaching them.

“Je-Jessi?”

It was Tiffany with Hyoyeon. Jessica slowly looks at her best friend whose face can’t be read. She slowly loosen her grip into Yuri’s shirt as she stares at the girl.

“What do you mean by TaeTae’s ex…girlfriend?”

“Hyo?”

Hyoyeon immediately look back to see Taeyeon and Miyoung together.

“TaeTae? W-what do Jessi mean by y-your ex-girlfriend?” Tiffany hoarsely asked Taeyeon who just looks away.

“Tiff”, Jessica’s eye widen upon the scene in front of her.

“Huh? Ex girlfriend?” Miyoung asked as she looks at Taeyeon. “TaeTae, do you have any other girlfriend other than me?” she added.

That pierce Tiffany’s heart full impact. Her world crashed down. She fell on her knees. Hyoyeon helped her. It was no use. She’s immobilized. Taeyeon’s eye widen upon seeing Tiffany fell on the ground. Jessica run over at Tiffany and held her in her arms. Yuri did the same to Jessica. Miyoung was confused with all the sudden events. Taeyeon was left unmoved.

Tears.

“T-tears?” Taeyeon finally spoke.

Tiffany looks at Taeyeon and Miyoung. Then her tears gush. Taeyeon was surprised. Miyoung was shocked.

Tiffany?

“UWAAAAAAAAAA!”

“Tiff! Stop it!” Jessica held Tiffany tightly on her arms as the girl held into her. She can feel her clothes getting soaked.

“Hyo, take Miyoung with you. Please”, Yuri pleaded Hyoyeon as the latter nod in agreement.

“Miyoung, let’s go”, Hyoyeon grab Miyoung by her hand as she forcefully drag the girl away.

“Wha? What’s going  on Hyo? Why is Tiffany crying?”

All there’s left is Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, and Yuri. Tiffany continues on crying her shattered heart into Jessica’s warm embrace as Yuri looks straight into Taeyeon’s eyes. Taeyeon was there, looking straight into the vulnerable Tiffany. She steps forward, attempting to reach out for Tiffany but Jessica stop her.

“Don’t you dare lay a finger on my best friend you monster!” Jessica’s tone is full of anger. Even her eyes are filled with anger. Anger towards the girl in front of her.

“Taeyeon, please leave us for a while”,

“Yuri…” she then looks at Tiffany once more. Guilt filled her heart.

I’m sorry.

“Call me if anything happened Yuri. I’ll just be at my place”, she earns a nod from Yuri before walking away from them.

“Sica-baby…I”

“Please leave”,

“Eh? Sica I can’t. I don’t want to…”

“I SAID LEAVE!” Yuri was surprised. She felt hurt.

“Sica I…”

“I SAID LEAVE US ALONE YURI!”

Yuri was speechless, she have never seen Jessica this mad before. She felt a sting on her eyes and in her heart. Being cast away by her lover, she felt unwanted.

“Alright. Take care baby”, Yuri let go of the hug as she slowly walks away from the two.

“Sshh, shush now Tiff”,

She can feel the grip tightening as Tiffany buried her face deep into Jessica’s chest. Jessica can’t help but feel pity to her best friend.

“J-Jessi…It hurts…I…Why!?”

“I don’t know Tiffany…I”

“DAMN IT!” Tiffany slammed her knuckles on the ground causing it to bleed.

“Tiffany! YAH! Stop it!” Jessica tries to stop Tiffany as the latter attempts to slam it for the second time.

“How can I be so stupid!? I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!”

Jessica cries seeing her best friend like this. She can’t do anything but hug the latter tightly. Tiffany cries her heart out.

That day marks the day their friendship turn into a mess. Relationship meets its challenges, decisions must be met and tomorrow’s unsettled debts. In the end, truth will show itself, to anyone, anywhere, anytime.

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hahaha.. how's that 2 chapters, as a treat for you guys since i haven't been able to update recently. curretly working on a GRAVEYARD SHIFT so there.. hahaha !! SO NEAR JUST FEW MORE ON MY KEYS!! :DD

 

well here it is folks enjoy these two chapter..

mua mua mua :***