Chapter 7

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            It was still dark when AeLin woke up. “What time is it?” she said half-awake and got her phone. It was 4 in the morning. “What the?” she said as soon as she saw where she was. Her, along with TaeMin were in one room sleeping on the floor. “What happened?” she said.  Then tried to remember what happened that night.

~Flashback~

            “I’m tired.” AeLin said as she laid down the floor of the dance room. “AeLin ah, get up. We’re not yet done.” MinHo said and got her hand and pulled it up. “Ahh…” she said and just got up. “That’s it AeLin.” JongHyun said. “Now, let’s do it from this part then…” MinHo and Key taught her some parts of the routine. Then after that Onew and JongHyun went on to teach her a ballad. “She sure is working hard.” MinHo said as the 3 of them watched them do their thing.

            “Yeah. She’s talented too. You were right about her skill in dancing TaeMin. She sure is amazing.” Key said. “She’s still 14 right? We’re just 3 years apart.” MinHo said. “I wonder what’s in store for her.” TaeMin said as they continued to watch her. Then soon it was time for TaeMin’s lessons. In 10 minutes time they started arguing again. “Hey guys. Is it just me, or does these two look good together?” Key said. “Hm…now that you’ve said it…yeah they do.” Onew said as they watched them from the sides.

            “They’re just 2 years apart right?” JongHyun said. “Yeah they are.” Key said. MinHo was just listening. As they fought MinHo got up. “Can I teach her?” he said. “Be my guest! I don’t want to spemnd another second with this annoying girl!” TaeMin said. “Annoying?! Who’s annoying here?!” AeLin replied. “Now now, come on. You’re almost done you know.” MinHo said. Then after that he started teaching her the last few steps of the routine. “There, we’re done.” MinHo said and gave her a warm smile. She smiled back and blushed. “Ya, stop your icky-gooey googley eyes.” TaeMin said. “Hey at least it’s easier to learn from MinHo oppa than you TaeMin.” She said.

            “Agh! Call me oppa too!” TaeMin said. “No.” she replied. “Now now, since you’re done let’s see what you’ve learned.” MinHo said and went next to the player. The 5 of them watched. She was facing the mirrored wall which was opposite to where the SHINee members were watching. She took a deep breath as MinHo hit the play button. The song started as she started dancing as well. Her movements were swift and smooth just as they did it in their performance. “She’s really good.” JongHyun said as they continued to watch.

            “It’s like I can see us in her.” Onew said. She was taught TaeMin’s dance steps but of course, she doesn’t know that. Since she got the hardest dance routine everyone was kind of nervous about the part where TaeMin supposedly does his solo dance. “Here it comes.” JongHyun said and focused. Even TaeMin was focusing on her dance. Then the moment came. They were all amazed. She popped and locked as well as TaeMin did. They were the feel of amazement in the room. Soon the song ended.

            “AeLin ah, you’re really talented don’t you know that?” Key said and approached her. “You’ve really done well! You’ll do well tomorrow for sure!” Onew said. “You’ve done it AeLin.” MinHo gave her a warm smile. She smiled back. “You were pretty rough on some parts.” TaeMin said and approached her. She got a bit disappointed. Seeing her expression it got a bit awkward. “But…with a little more work…you’ll get it.” He said and looked away kind of embarrassed. The other members smiled.

            “I guess it’s time to rest now right?” MinHo said and looked her in the eyes. “Yeah, I guess so.” She replied and smiled. It was around 12PM when they headed back to AeLin’s apartment. “SHINee, you’ll be staying over for a while.” Their manager said. “Oh? Really YiBum hyung?” JongHyun said. “De. Your schedule for tomorrow is near here too so it’s an advantage really. I’ll be back with some of your clothes.” YiBum said as he went out of the dorm.

            They all lay down on the living room floor bushed. “*sigh* I’m so tired.” AeLin said as she lay down. “You’re not the only one.” JongHyun said as he too lay on the floor. Soon all of them fell asleep in the living room when YiBum came and woke up the four members. “TaeMin ah, wake up.” Key said as he tried to wake him up. “AeLin, wake up.” MinHo woke her up as well. “Not now…” they both said. “They won’t wake up.” Onew said. “I guess let’s just leave them here. You can sleep in that room okay?” YiBum said and pointed to them a room with the same number of beds that they have.

~End of Flashback~

            “Okay…so that’s what happened.” AeLin said and scratched her head. She got up and went to the kitchen part of the dorm. She opened the fridge and got poured water in a glass. It was still dark and everything was cold. “It’s the day.” She said as she put the pale of water back to the fridge. “I better get ready.” She said.

            Hours later all of them woke up. SHINee had a schedule to go to so they had to leave early. “We’ll try our best to watch your performance later okay?” Onew said. “De.” she replied. “We’ll be anticipating it!” JongHyun said. She smiled. Then one by one they went out of the room. MinHo was the last to go out. He first went to her and leaned down. He got her chin and tilted her head up. He looked into her eyes. “You’re talented, and you’ve got wonderful teachers. I’m sure you could do it.” MinHo said.

            She stopped breathing for a second there. He showed her his warm smile again. She smiled back but a bit confused. Then they left. “I guess all I have to do now is wait.” She said and planned to take a bath. The SHINee members were on their way to SM Entertainment. Before they head to their first schedule they were summoned by their president. “Goom morning.” They greeted. “Good morning SHINee.” Soo Man replied.

            They sat down. “I sent you here because I wanted to ask you how AeLin is doing.” He said. They looked at each other for a while. “President-nim, she’s amazing.” Onew said. “She’s born with talent.” Key said. “What are your plans for her?” MinHo said. “Oh you’ll know soon.” Soo Man said. “How’s her vocals?” he added. “She’s doing great. Although she does need some help with transitions and pronunciation but it’ll be okay.” JongHyun said. “That’s good news. And her dancing?” “She’s doing well, she’s flexible and she’s also good at popping and locking.” Key said. “TaeMin ssi, could you add more to that?” SM said and looked at him.

            “Uhm, well, she’s still a little bit rough on some parts of the routine I’m teaching her.” TaeMin said and looked at the rest of the members rather startled. “But she’s good.” He added. “That’s a relief.” Soo Man said. “You may go now, thank you for coming.” He said. Then they said their goodbyes and SHINee left. “Prepare the set of lyrics for later.” SM said to his advisor as soon as SHINee shut the door. “President-nim seems really interested with her.” Key said. “Yeah.” Onew said.