Chapter 41

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

 

            The next couple of days she has become uneasy around TaeMin. They’d have more times alone together but she always seems to ignore him. TaeMin didn’t mind thought as he thought she was having a bad mood at those times. One day someone familiar went to AeLin’s dorm. “Oppa!” OkHyun came. “AeLin.” OkHyun went in and they hugged. “What are you doing here?” AeLin said. “Oh, I wanted to talk to you about something.” OkHyun said. “About what?” they sat on the couch. “About you, AeLin.” OkHyun said. “Me?” she said.

            “AeLin, when Megumi gives birth, we’ll be moving to Japan. That means you too. I will to talk to SME and JYPE about you going into JE in Japan.” OkHyun said. “Moving to Japan? That’s nice.” AeLin said. “You’re not coming back AeLin, unless for promotional purposes.” OkHyun said. “What?! But why? My friends are here. SHINee, 2PM.” She said. “Those friends of yours are the cause of all the rumours that has been going around the neighbourhood AeLin.” OkHyun said. “Rumours? Oh come on, which rumour? Don’t tell me you believe them.” AeLin said.

            “AeLin I don’t but we have a face to show to the world. Would it be good if people hear the word Sha Company and think of those rumours?” OkHyun said. “Oppa.” AeLin said. “No exemptions AeLin. It’s only months away before Megumi gives birth. And from now on I would like you to stay away from those boy groups.” OkHyun said. “Ya, oppa. What are you saying? Are you joking?” she gathered up the courage and said. “Are you opposing me?” “You? Tell me. Who are you? You have been acting weird after getting married with that Megumi person.” She blew up.

            “Don’t answer to me! AeLin, life is unfair. And don’t talk about me changing because I haven’t.” he said. “If only appa was here and that umma was able to speak clearly, I know they wouldn’t have wanted this.” She said. SaeKo then went to AeLin and comforted her. “No more young lady. I don’t want to hear another word from you. The decision is final.” Then he left. “Why is oppa doing this?” AeLin said as she started to tear up. “Don’t worry AeLin; it’s not your fault.” SaeKo said.

            A month has passed after that happening. She didn’t say anything to either SHINee of 2PM about what she was going to be doing. It seemed like her oppa got permission to take AeLin to Japan as well. All that was left was them to pack up and head to Japan. AeLin and SHINee hung out together along with ShinYe. AeLin and TaeMin didn’t have time to talk to each other anymore. On this day AeLin was hanging out at SHINee’s dorm with MinHo as she was free that day.

            AeLin looked worried about something as the two of them watched TV. “What’s wrong AeLin?” MinHo said. “Huh? Uhm, nothing.” She replied. “Ah, okay.” MinHo said. Then there was silence. “A-actually, there’s something bothering me right now.” AeLin started. MinHo smiled. “I knew you can’t resist.” He thought. “What is it about? I’ll listen.” MinHo said. “Uhm, it’s about…it’s about TaeMin, and ShinYe.” She said. “ShinYe?” MinHo said. “De. I know I shouldn’t be feeling this right now since I know they’re just friends and them getting closer is because of me…but I’m getting a little jealous.” AeLin said.

            “Jealous?” MinHo said. “I’m glad that she and he got together again but…I can’t really express what I’m feeling right now.” AeLin said. MinHo was listening. “Ever since she came having a steady communication with TaeMin is nearly a mission impossible. When I want to talk to him ShinYe unnie would come up and squeeze herself to him; when I try to call him the line would always be busy; when I send him a message he won’t reply; I try to talk to him personally, he shoves off and heads to somewhere.” She explained.

            MinHo went closer to her and held her hand. “AeLin, don’t worry. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing going on between those two. TaeMin already told you he liked you. He’ll never betray you AeLin. He’ll wait for you.” MinHo said. “Hm.” AeLin smiled and hugged MinHo. Because of ShinYe accompanying him always even if she called his phone it’ll always be busy. If she sends him a message he’ll be busy with other things.

            AeLin didn’t want to give up on TaeMin though. She was a fighter. But then, she noticed how TaeMin was the one who was giving up on them. “Hyung ah.” TaeMin said to Jjong as ShinYe went to the toilet. “What is it?” he replied. “Is it just me or is AeLin avoiding me? I don’t remember us fighting for the past month.” He said. “Her avoiding you? Who’s avoiding who?” Jjong replied. “What do you mean hyung?” he replied. “TaeMin ah, for the past month you and ShinYe were busy talking to each other. You and AeLin didn’t have time to talk anymore. Think about it TaeMin.” Jjong replied and ShinYe came from the toilet.

            Soon the day came when TaeMin alone had the chance to go to AeLin’s dorm. Megumi already gave birth the past month and it was already okay for her to go back to Japan. The next day they will be heading off to Japan. SME and JYPE have agreed to OkHyun’s plan in letting her sign under another agency in Japan. Now, AeLin is under 3 agencies. AeLin was packing her things when TaeMin came. SaeKo opened the door. “TaeMin ssi.” SaeKo said. “Is AeLin here?” he said. “Ah, uhm…yeah she is. Come on in.” She said. “Could I talk to her?” TaeMin said. “I guess so. She’s in her room.” SaeKo replied.

            “If AeLin asks, tell her I’m at the grocery store okay?” SaeKo added and went outside the apartment. “De noona.” TaeMin replied. When he came in he noticed a couple of boxes and some bags. “What’s this?” he thought. Then he knocked on the door of AeLin’s bedroom. “De unnie, come in.” she said. Without correcting her he came in. She was packing her clothes. “Where are you going?” TaeMin said. She stood straight and looked to who was talking. “TaeMin.” She said surprised.

            “SaeKo noona went to the grocery. It seems like you have a lot of things to pack.” TaeMin said. She went back to her packing and gave him the cold shoulder. “De.” She replied. “What are you doing here?” “Well…” he sat down on her bed. “I just wanted to talk to you about something.” He said. AeLin stood straight once more and took a deep breath. She then faced TaeMin. “Okay I know. You’re taking back what you said right?” AeLin said. “What?” TaeMin said. “You’re taking back what you said, what you said about liking me. You’re taking it back right?” she said.

            “Wha? Wait.” “No. There’s no need to explain. I know ShinYe unnie is your first love and first love never dies right? I understand that.” She was already teary-eyed and continued packing. TaeMin went closer to her. “What are you talking about AeLin?” TaeMin said. “Don’t play with me TaeMin. I saw everything. I saw you kiss when we were at the Dream Concert rehearsals in that last day.” AeLin said.

            TaeMin was about to say something. “Stop TaeMin! Don’t say anything!” she said and finally let go of her tears. “I don’t want to hear it! Just…just…get out now! Get out TaeMin.” She pushed him away. “AeLin!” he got hold of her hands and stopped her from letting him out. She was hitting him with his hands wanting him to get out. “AeLin! Calm down!” then he hugged her. “Let go of me!” she broke from the hug and pushed him out. “TaeMin just leave I don’t want to see you again! I don’t want to see you ever again!” then she got him out of the bedroom and she locked the door.

            She leaned on the door and slowly sat down and cried. “I don’t want to see you again TaeMin! I don’t want to see you again…” she was crying. TaeMin was at the other side listening. He nodded and tears went down his face. “AeLin, I never wanted to kiss her. I told her you were the only one in my heart now. At least I wanted to let you know that.” He decided to leave and go back to their dorm. He stood before the door to their dorm and he wiped his tears and went in. “I’m back hyung.” TaeMin came. “Welcome back TaeMin.” Onew said. “How was your walk?” Key said.

            He looked at them for a moment. “Fine, I guess.” Then he went to their room. His hyungs looked at each other. “Did he cry?” JongHyun said. “Maybe.” Key said. Soon the next day came. SHINee didn’t know about AeLin’s plan. She told SM not to tell them. “AeLin.” OkHyun came to her dorm. She was spacing out. “SaeKo.” OkHyun saw SaeKo in the kitchen. “She’s been like that lately.” SaeKo said. He just sighed. Then he started to move the luggage out to his car.

            “AeLin, it’s time to go.” SaeKo went to her. She took a last look at her dorm. As she took her last look she remembered all the good things that happened to her. The time when SHINee first came to her first dorm; the start of AeLin and TaeMin’s fights; the 1st time 2PM went to her dorm and all that. “Goodbye.” She said then she and SaeKo went outside. They rode the van OkHyun had. Then they went to JYPE first.

            2PM and the other groups knew about what was happening. They all gathered in the agency building to wish her luck. “Sunbae-nims.” She said when she entered the rehearsal room. “AeLin, goodbye.” Jay said. “We’ll miss you.” Kwon added. “Come back whenever you want to. We’re here waiting.” YooBin said. “Goodbye.” AeLin said. Then the JYP family did a big hug. “I’ll miss you all. Thank you.” She said.

            Then JYP came. “AeLin, you know that you’re always welcome to come back anytime you like.” JYP said. “De. Thank you very much.” Then she hugged JYP. “Goodbye everyone.” AeLin gave one last bow and one last good look of his JYP family. She also said goodbye to the staff and employees in the agency. Then she went to SME. Besides SHINee, all of them know about AeLin’s leave as well. SMTown also gathered in the building to wish her luck. Soon they went to the airport. Megumi was already at the airport waiting for them.

            “Hello?” MinHo answered his phone. “Ah, NichKhun hyung.” He said. SHINee was at their dorm. “What? Where? At the airport? Why?” he said. “What?! Okay we’ll be there.” MinHo immediately got to his hyungs and the magnae. “Guys, guys come on let’s go!” MinHo said. “Go? Go where?” Key said. “NichKhun hyung called me. They said they were at the airport. AeLin is leaving for Japan along with his brother and her brother’s wife.” MinHo said. “Japan?” Onew said. “Yeah. They said AeLin will be leaving for good. She won’t come back to Seoul anymore and she’ll sign a contract under JE of Japan.” MinHo said.