Chapter 22

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            They all headed to the very big backyard. “Let’s play!” Onew said. Badminton was the game. Onew and Key were the field reporters. Then a familiar thing came out from Key’s sports bag. “Ah! Hyung! That’s from Yunhaham!” TaeMin said. “De. I still have it.” Key replied. He got out the aluminium wrapped ball with a stick and ribbon “microphone”.     

            “Okay now, let’s start the game. We have TaeMin vs. MinHo as the 1st contenders.” Key said. “Eh? Oi! Why?! MinHo hyung is good at sports!” TaeMin said. “TaeMin ah, don’t worry. You’ll be fine. And also, it was because you and MinHo were the ones whose heights were close.” Onew said. “TaeMin aja aja!” JongHyun cheered him on. “TaeMin lose! MinHo…Oppa! Fighting ah!” AeLin said. JongHyun just laughed.

            The game started. As TaeMin said, MinHo won. “Whaha, how could fail miserably?” aeLin said clearly doting on TaeMin. “Shut up AeLin! Let’s see you win in the next game.” TaeMin said and gave her the racket. Now it was JongHyun vs. AeLin. “Before continuing on to the next set et’s reveal the prizes! For the winning couple, they will be receiving a horseback riding package provided by the agency. As for the losing couple, they will be sleeping in one tent outside for one night.” Key said.

            “Hyung! That’s a sudden change of rules! It’ll be COLD!!” TaeMin whined. “Stop being noisy TaeMin.” Onew replied clearly ignoring him, in a good way of course. “They’re being cold to me.” TaeMin said. The game started. It was a close match. Who knew AeLin was good at badminton. In the end JongHyun won. “WAHAHAHA!! Look who’s laughing now!!” TaeMin said and doted on her. “Ya! Come here you!” AeLin said and chased TaeMin around.

            “We have our winners! MinHo and JongHyun hyung!” Key said. “…and the losing couple, TaeLin!” Onew added. The two of them were still chasing each other around. “Seems like the TaeLin couple will be sleeping in a tent tonight.” Key said. “That’s something I’ll be looking forward to!” Onew said. “TaeMin ah, take care of her okay? Don’t go rushing into things!” JongHyun yelled out to them. “Anyways, come on let’s go inside. Let’s have a little snack.” Onew said. Then they went inside. They ate some snacks and were bored in the living room.

             As the two got tired of running around they joined the other members in the living room. “AeLin ah, here’s a gift from SHINee.” Onew said and gave her a wrapped box with the word SHINee on it. “Ahh…Thank you!” AeLin happily received the gift. “Here’s also a little something from me.” JongHyun then handed her a gift. “Here you go. For my first daughter. Sangil chukha haminda.” Key gave her a gift also. MinHo followed. TaeMin didn’t move. “TaeMin ah, didn’t you give her anything?” Key said. “Nope.” He coldly replied. “Nah it’s okay. I didn’t expect anything from him anyway.” AeLin said.

            Hearing those words he felt pain in his heart. But then, it faded away. She was disappointed to be honest. She showed a little disappointment at first but then she decided to hide it. They spent the afternoon playing and goofing around. “What time is it?” Key said. “4:30 pm.” Onew replied. Then the doorbell rang. AeLin and TaeMin were in their rooms getting their things ready for their punishment, I mean, camping later on. “I’m coming.” JongHyun went. He opened the door. “Sunbae!” JongHyun was surprised. “Sunbae?” Onew said. Then the other 3 stood up.

            “Ah! Annyeong!” they greeted. “Ah? Where is the cute magnae?” the guests said. “In his room.” Onew replied. “Ah! SNSD! You’re here!” SaeKo said who came in from the backyard. “Unnie!” the SNSD girls said. “Come in come in.” she said. “YiBum! SNSD is here!” SaeKo called out. “Where’s the birthday girl?” Sunny said. “She’s in her room.” SaeKo replied. “Call them.” She added. The SHINee members went to call TaeLin.

            “Happy birthday Lin!” the SNSD girls went when she got out. She was surprised. “Ah, sunabes, annyeong hasaeyo!” she bowed and greeted them in confusion. “Don’t bow! It’s your birthday today.” Tiffany said. “Here’s our gift to you.” Then Taeyeon handed over a wrapped box. “Ah, kamsa hamnida sunbae. You shouldn’t have.” She replied. Not all 9 were present though. Only 4 of the members went including SeoHyun which became a dear friend to AeLin.

            “ChangMin hyung!” MinHo then went to the door and greeted him. “ChangMin sunbae?” she said. “Happy birthday Lin.” ChangMin said and handed her a gift. “Ah, kamsa hamnida.” She said and bowed. “Super Junior hyungs!”  TaeMin said as he saw ShinDong, SungMin, and KiBum come into the house. “Lin ah! Happy birthday!” they said and also gave her a gift. “Ommo. Thanks you everyone, sunbaes.” She said in pure happiness. “Let’s start the party!!” ShinDong said.

            SMTown sure is a true family. Even though the other members of DBSK, SNSD, and Super Junior weren’t able to go, they still gave the time and thought to go there and greet her. They had fun until the members had to go for their next schedule but even so she still appreciated what they have done. Evening then struck in. After a quick rest the members were playing again.

            “Ahh…I wish the 2PM oppas can come.” She said. Then SaeKo and YiBum went outside. “Hyung, where are you going?” Key said. “Just going to take a little walk.” He replied. Then they went outside. “I guess they like each other?” Key said. “Maybe.” JongHyun replied. “Let’s play!” AeLin said. “What do you want to play?” TaeMin said. “Spin the bottle. Whoever gets pointed by the bottle has to answer one question honestly.” She said. “Well then.” Onew said and got an empty wine bottle.

            They sat on the floor. They made a circle and after a game of rock-paper-scissors JongHyun spun the bottle first. The bottle kept on spinning. “if ever the person doesn’t like to answer the question or do the dare, the consequence is that they would give the one who spun the bottle a kiss.” Onew said. “Hyung ah! Whoever it is pls. answer my question!” JongHyun said. Then the bottle stopped. It picked Key. “Key, are you in love right now?” JongHyun said. Silence. He smirked. “I think I want to do it.” Key stood up and approached JongHyun.

            “Agh! Key ah!” JongHyun tried to escape. Key kissed him on the cheek. They had a big laugh. “My turn.” Key went back to where he was sitting and spun the bottle. It kept on spinning and spinning as the game went on that evening. “TaeMin.” Onew said. “Tell us, have you ever been jealous?” Onew said. “Jealous?” TaeMin replied. “Well, of course I have.” he replied. “Ooohh…” they all said. “But not with a girl though. Hahaha!” TaeMin added. “Okay then.” Soon TaeMin spun the bottle. It was AeLin.

            “Yes!” TaeMin rejoiced. “I’ll surely kill you if you ask me something stupid.” AeLin said. “Hyung, can I have this one as a consequence instead?” TaeMin said. “Sure.” Onew replied. “Huh! What?!!” AeLin replied and it seemed like she was being ignored. “Okay then. The consequence for you, AeLin, if ever the person you are going to ask decides not to answer; he should kiss you in the lips. And your question would be…” then TaeMin approached her and whispered the question to her.

            Her expression was priceless. “What?! No way!” AeLin said. “Come on just accept it. Or maybe, you just want to kiss my cheek that’s why you don’t want to do it.” TaeMin said. She punched him. “Shut up. I’ll do it.” She was steaming hot. She spun the bottle. Onew, Key, and JongHyun were just giggling while TaeMin tried to sit up again. What was in their thoughts was TaeMin will be the one to get pointed by the bottle. The bottle started to slow down. It was MinHo. She was shocked and became nervous. He looked at her without any expression.

            “Come on AeLin, say it.” TaeMin was exited. She looked at TaeMin with that “damn you!” expression. He just laughed. Then she looked at MinHo. “Oppa.” She started. “Who is your 1st love?” she asked. There was silence. JongHyun, TaeMin, Onew, and Key were waiting for an answer. MinHo stood up. “Ya! YA!!” they got excited. Key was worried but it was obvious he was also enjoying the show. “Oppa!” AeLin got scared. She wanted to escape. The other members were crazy and jumping all over. They can’t wait. MinHo took AeLin’s arm and let her stand up. “MinHo ah…” Onew said.

            He let her face him. He went closer and closer. She was very afraid. She didn’t want this. TaeMin, for a split second there, wasn’t happy anymore. He was rather hurting inside. “What is this?” then he watched how MinHo was going closer and closer. He felt angry and…jealous. “Ya, he’s serious, MinHo! Sto-” Onew and Key stood up to stop him. “AeLin!” the 2PM members came rushing in. MinHo let go of AeLin, who had her eyes closed and shaking in fear. Onew and Key then decided to just go to the 2PM members.

            “Sorry AeLin.” MinHo said. “Huh? Uh…it’s okay. Uhm…I’m sorry for being so nervous.” AeLin replied “No…no…I understand.” MinHo said. “It’s just that I never had my first kiss yet.” AeLin replied then nodded. “AeLin ah!” NichKhun came. “Sangil Chukha Hamnida!” he added. “Oppa!” AeLin got her attention to Khun. Khun gave her a big hug. TaeMin was on his way to them when he paused seeing that sight. He then felt that hurting feeling inside. MinHo looked at him. Then he walked towards him. “She never had her 1st kiss yet. I’m thinking on changing that.” MinHo whispered then continued walking to the others.

            He got confused and watched him walk away. “What did he mean by that?” he thought. Soon they all gathered inside the house. SaeKo and YiBum had rooms ready for 2PM at the smaller house beside the main house. 2PM’s manager, MinJae, was also with them. 2PM would also be staying with them in the 4 days 3 nights trip they have. “Here’s a gift from us to you.” MinJae handed her a wrapped box. “Kamsa hamnida.” She replied. “Here’s a little something from us personally.” JunSu then gave her a gift. The other members also gave her individual presents. 2PM went to their rooms to unpack their things.

            While 2PM were in their rooms AeLin and TaeMin then went into their rooms again to get continue their preparation for the camping later. They were camping in the backyard outside the living room as a punishment. The tent was assembled by both SaeKo and YiBum. Soon 2PM was done in unpacking. They headed for the main house. They decided to play…again. “How about hide and seek?” Taec said. They all agreed.