Chapter 38

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

 

            What they didn’t know was there was a hidden camera in the room. This time they were smart and put a video cam there in the room unlike the time when they only put a hidden microphone inside the tent on AeLin’s 18th birthday. The SHINee members were outside watching. 2PM was on their U.S tour. They were also watching from their hotel room and had a network connected so that 2PM can watch as well.

            “Khun, you were right.” JunHo said. “Yeah I know. I told you. It’s really TaeMin.” Khun said. “Way to go!” Jay said. “Jay hyung you’re too excited, they didn’t even say their feelings yet.” Taec said. Then the footages shown were the footages when AeLin and TaeMin hugged at the airport where TaeMin asked forgiveness. “Who the heck filmed these?” AeLin said. “How come we never noticed them filming us??” she added. TaeMin looked at her seriously but he was smiling. TaeMin got up. “AeLin.” He got in front of AeLin and faced her.

            “You told me earlier that you already chose between Ray and I.” TaeMin started. AeLin stood up. “He asked about it!” JongHyun said. They were all jumping in anticipation. “If you chose that Ray guy, it’s totally okay with me. I can take it, but you should know that I’ll never give up on you.” TaeMin said. “He’s really sincere!” ChanSung said. 11:45 pm. “Hurry!” Onew said. “TaeMin…there’s no use. Give up.” AeLin said. She was staring straight into his eyes.

            The SHINee and 2PM members were shocked. “What?!” JunSu said. “Are you crazy AeLin?! Don’t tell me you’re rejecting him!” WooYoung said. “What?” TaeMin said surprised as well. “Give up now.” She had fiery eyes. “Give up? Ya. I’m not joking.” TaeMin said and was feeling that sticking pain into his chest. “I’m not joking TaeMin…give up now.” She insisted. TaeMin was in loss of words. “Give up now, because there’s no need to fight. I chose you TaeMin.” AeLin smiled.

            TaeMin got even more speechless. He was in disbelief. “You chose…me?” TaeMin said. She just smiled. “Really? You’re joking again aren’t you?” he added. “If you don’t want to believe it then don’t.” she replied. “No no no. I believe it.” He said and went to her. He held her hands. “But…” she said. “But? But?! WHAT BUT????!!!” Key said. “AeLin! You really are giving us a heart attack here!” JongHyun said. “Wag muna. (Not yet.)” she said. AeLin taught some Tagalog words to TaeMin as time passed by. “I understand.” TaeMin replied.

            “What the heck did she say?” Jay said. “I know.” Khun just crossed his arms and smiled. The 2PM members kept on bothering him on what it meant but he didn’t tell. TaeMin gave her a big hug. She hugged back. “Kiss!” JongHyun said. “Kiss!!” the other 2PM members went as well. Then surprisingly TaeMin faced the hidden cam. “Hyungs, there’s no way you’re going to see a kiss from us.” TaeMin said and smiled. “Ahh!!” the others were disappointed. “Since that heavy feeling in my chest is now gone, balik tayo sa dati (back to the way we were)?” TaeMin said.

            “Your Tagalog is getting good. De. Let’s do that.” AeLin smiled and hugged him once more. Then the SHINee members went inside the room. “TaeMin!” Onew hugged him while Key hugged AeLin. “I’m so proud of you.” JongHyun said. “My little girl is growing up.” Key said to AeLin. “Parents really.” Onew said. MinHo just laughed. Then Onew went to hug AeLin and Key to TaeMin. “2PM hyungs, annyeong.” JongHyun and MinHo randomly went in front of the hidden cam and said. “2PM? They are watching?” TaeMin said. “2PM?” AeLin added. “De. They are.” Key said.

            TaeMin immediately went to the camera. “NichKhun hyung! Are you watching?! Uhm, uhm, I don’t know how to say this…” TaeMin was panicking knowing he stole NichKhun’s soon to be girl. Then his phone rang. “Anyeong hasaeyo? NichKhun hyung?” TaeMin said.

            “It’s okay. She’s yours. Congratulations TaeMin, you did well.” NichKhun said then hung up. Then that time TaeMin was relieved. Then soon after they all went back to their apartments and rest. While AeLin was sleeping SaeKo went into her room to check up on her. “You’re really growing up AeLin.” SaeKo caressed her face. Just as everything ended it was already 12 am. Valentine’s day really works up it’s magic.

            The next day SMTown was called to the agency building. SNSD and Super Junior representatives were there. DBSK, SHINee, and Lin were there. Everything went back to normal now. There was no awkward feel anymore. The comedic noisy duo of TaeMin and AeLin were now back. “SMTown.” Lee SooMan came. “I have a special announcement to make.” SM said. They all listened carefully. “Each of you will be filming a CF for the new restaurant near the bay just at the outskirts of the city. R’s Restaurant is owned by a rich Filipino entrepreneur and he wants SM talents to advertise for him.” SM said.

            “Ray Tan?” Onew said. “De. Ray ssi. How did you know him? Does AeLin know him by any chance?” SM said. “Ray? Know? Do I?” she said. “Ah. Uhm. Kinda.” She replied. “I have a suggestion. Can it be that SHINee and AeLin be in the same CF?” MinHo said. “De. We have been going our eparate ways lately and it’d be nice if we have another project together after so long. Right?” Onew said. “SHINee and Lin together?” SM said and got their schedule papers. “I guess that could work.” SM replied.

            AeLin was relieved. “Here are the schedules.” Then SM handed them over papers. “Since the other talents are on tour, TRAX is in Japan, and The Grace is resting they won’t be participating. SNSD would start filming tomorrow at 7 then DBSK will follow after. SHINee and Lin would be on Thursday at 2 pm. and the day after would be BoA and Super Junior’s turn.” SM said. “De.” They all replied. “Okay now you go to your managers to discuss this matter.” SM said. Then they all left.

            “How come he’s doing this?” AeLin said. The SHINee members just looked at her. “You’re afraid?” JongHyun said. She didn’t reply and just sighed. “Don’t worry, that’s why I suggested that we be in the same CF, we’ll always be there for you.” MinHo said. “Thank you MinHo oppa.” AeLin smiled at him. “Yeah, don’t worry. You can always stick to any one of us.” Onew said. Soon it was Thursday; time for the 6 to go to the restaurant. When they got there, they felt the oh-so breath-taking sea breeze.

            “This is the 1st time I went here.” Onew said. “This is a really nice place!” Key said. AeLin was hiding behind the SHINee members. Then, finally, Ray came. “That’s him.” TaeMin said. “Ommo. He looks like TaeMin.” MinHo said. “No way. I’m much more handsome!” TaeMin said. “SHINee! Welcome!” Ray said. “Annyeong hasaeyo, SHINee imnida.” The introduced themselves and bowed. Just when they bowed AeLin was revealed. “AeLin?” Ray said. “Oh great.” she thought and just smiled. “Ehehe…”

            “Oops.” Onew said. “What are you doing here? Your schedule is this Saturday right?” Ray said. “SM-nim said she would do the CF with SHINee.” SaeKo said. “With SHINee?” Ray said. “De.” YiBum replied. “Well then, let’s get going.” Ray said. They were going to film on the 2nd floor of the building. While heading upstairs AeLin was left behind. Then she noticed Ray was following behind her. She held JongHyun’s hand since he was walking before her. JongHyun left her go first. “Thank you oppa.” She said to JongHyun.

            Then they sat down at the table. The producer, director, and the writers talked to AeLin about how they would do the CF. SHINee is a gang of bad boys. AeLin, who was walking alone on the streets near the restaurant was suddenly barricaded by the 5 and decided to kidnap her. MinHo was the leader of the gang. TaeMin, who was less violent, got the liking to AeLin at 1st sight. Then they took her to a nearby warehouse and tied her up there.

            The SHINee members decided to leave AeLin for a while and let TaeMin gurad her because they had some other important things to do. Just as when they were alone TaeMin untied her. AeLin was supposed to ask why he’s doing this. TaeMin will tell her to come with him to this restaurant then there he’ll tell her his feelings. Then after eating, AeLin would magically fall in love with TaeMin as well.

            They started filming the part where AeLin was walking. Then soon they had to film SHINee who was walking towards AeLin. She was seated near a table with drinks watching them film. “AeLin.” Ray got his hand over her shoulder. She was surprised then looked back. “Ray.” AeLin said. “How are you?” he said. “I’m doing fine.” She wanted to end the conversation quickly. “AeLin, do you know why I wanted you here?” Ray said.

            AeLin’s smile disappeared into her serious look. “AeLin, you lied. You and TaeMin aren’t really going out. I had friends who were fans of the two of you and said those were just rumours.” Ray said. “It was TaeMin who lied to you, not me.” AeLin said. “Then why lie to me?” Ray said. “Ask him not me.” AeLin was being cold on him. She wanted to end the conversation as soon as possible. “But then, if you’re not going out then…” Ray said. AeLin turned to him. “Ray…I’m sorry…” AeLin said then Onew came. “AeLin, it’s your turn.” Onew said. AeLin got away from Ray.

            “So you’re Onew ssi?” Ray got his smile back and said. “De.” He replied. “Being the leader of the group you must know about what’s happening between your members right?” Ray said. “Hm, something like that.” Onew replied. “So tell me. Is there something going on between AeLin and TaeMin?” he said. “Hm, now where did you hear that?” Onew said. “I was just curious. It seems like the fight a lot.” Ray said. “They’re not a couple, but they do like each other despite fighting always.” Onew answered then walked away. “Like each other?” he thought.

            Soon the filming ended. They were offered to eat in the restaurant. They were at the 2nd floor while the director, producer, managers, and the writers were downstairs reviewing the films they had. Ray sat with them of course. They were talking and talking.