Chapter 24

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

The SHINee members and AeLin washed up before joining 2PM in the others in the living room. TaeMin finished first and sat on the table. “TaeMin, tell us, what happened last night?” ChanSung said. “Huh? What do you mean?” TaeMin said. “Aww TaeMin come on. You know that thing when the lights in your tent turned off.” JunSu said. “You were watching us?” TaeMin said rather furious. “We saw everything…but that. That’s why, tell us.” Jay said. “Agh, hyungs really…why were you watching us?!” TaeMin said.

“Did you kiss?” TaecYeon blurted it out. TaeMin looked at AeLin who was with Onew as they headed for the table. He looked at his hyungs who were on the table and was able to see NichKhun. TaeMin then grined and put his finger over his lips. “Shh!” he said then he escaped and went to the people watching TV. “Ya! TaeMin! Tell us!” Key followed him. In the end they just watched TV because he wouldn’t admit to anything.

Soon they put their dish in the kitchen for Jay and Key to clean. They all took a bath and changed clothes. JongHyun and MinHo were leaving for the day because they will be heading to a horse farm to go horse riding. But before that they were in their rooms. AeLin happened to open some of her gifts after showering up and changing clothes. She wore a bandana that JunSu gave her. JunSu designed it himself. MinHo was with her. “Is that from JunSu hyung?” MinHo said. “De. Yeppeo yo.” She replied. She also opened MinHo’s gift. It was a novel. “Also, thank you for this.” She said, holding the book. MinHo smiled at her. Then he saw her put a necklace over her neck. He noticed the pendant. It was a thunder bolt pendant rather familiar. He didn’t bother asking from who did she get it.

Then it was time for MinHo and JongHyun to leave. The others were left in the main house. “Woah, look at that. AeLin already opened my gift.” JunSu said. “Thank you very much for this. It’s really beautiful.” AeLin said. She also wore the cap that JunHo gave. “Ah! That’s so cool! That necklace is really nice.” Onew said. “Who’s it from?” ChanSung said. AeLin looked a bit flustered. “From…my…mother?” She replied. “Mother? Really.” Key said and looked at TaeMin who looked like he wasn't paying attention at all to what they were doing.

Then all of them went outside to play. It was a VERY big place. You can play motorbikes there; badminton, volleyball, hide-and-seek; a very big place. More like a villa. There were also mountains and they decided to go to the cottage on the mountain side. It was quite high. They climb up the stairs. JunHo and WooYoung were left in the area where motorbikes were. TaeMin and AeLin were walking together when they noticed no one was following them anymore. “Hyung!” TaeMin yelled hoping for a reply.

“TaeMin! We’ll be there as soon as we can! We’ll just be getting some things!” TaecYeon replied. TaeMin and AeLin went on until they reached the cottage. The doors were locked so they stayed outside and waited for the others. Then they saw the breath-taking scenery. There was fresh air, the weather was nice, and it was a cloudy day. Perfect for a picnic! Then, moments later, amidst the awkwardness, TaeMin faced AeLin. He grabbed her right hand and placed it over his chest where his heart was.

“AeLin, tell me, what does this mean?” he started. He looked straight into her eyes. She was confused. She didn’t know what was happening and what the answer to his question was. “For the past few months I’ve been getting this feeling. I can't help but think about you all the time. I don’t know what it means and last night…last night…” TaeMin said. “TaeMin ah…” AeLin said. She can feel his heart beat faster. “I don’t know…” AeLin thought. “AeLin!” NichKhun came with TaecYeon. AeLin immediately pulled back her hand and went to Khun. “Oppa!” AeLin said.

TaeMin was just standing there. It was clear he was disturbed. “Here’s the key.” TaecYeon got it from his pocket and opened the door. The others followed. It seems like they’ll be doing a BBQ party later that night. “What time will JongHyun and MinHo be back?” Jay said. “After lunch.” Onew answered. They hung out in that cottage. They played some games and watched TV. There was a pool at the other side of the house. They decided to go swimming after lunch. Soon they had to cook lunch.

They had news that their managers weren’t coming back until tomorrow. They had the freedom they want. They decided to play another game. The one who loses will cook lunch and clean the house. There will be 5 people to be chosen. They decided on playing octaves. The 1st 5 to be out will be the ones to cook and clean. The vocals, JongHyun, Onew, JunSu, and AeLin were in advantage but then, we won’t know yet. They started with low notes. In the end, ChanSung, TaecYeon, TaeMin, NichKhun, and WooYoung lost.

“Yehey! I’m safe!” Jay said. “We’ll leave you here. Just call us if you need us.” JunHo said. They went to the living room part of the house. “Can we sleep here?” Key said. “There are rooms right? I guess we can.” Onew said. “Let’s sleep here tonight!” Jay said. Then Key’s cell phone rang. It was a message from JongHyun. “Where are you guys?” the message said. “Let’s go downhill and get our things.” Key said. Onew, Key, Jay and JunHo went outside and downhill. The only ones left were JunSu and AeLin with the other 5.

They decided to do karaoke. They sang ‘Gee’ ‘Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)’ and ‘Only You’. They also sang other songs by SHINee, DBSK, BoA, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, After School, and even JYP. The other 5 in the kitchen were just talking, envious of the freedom of the two. “What is this? JunSu and AeLin are doing karaoke?” ChanSung said. “This is so unfair.” WooYoung said. Then moment’s later WooYoung starts humming, TaeMin was doing some small dance steps, ChanSung starts to do a rough lypsincing, Taec gets grossed out with ChanSung.

“I wonder what our managers are doing in Seoul and leaving all of us here?” WooYoung said. “WooYoung, you’re going back to Busan next month right?” TaecYeon said totally ignoring what WooYoung said. “Why ignore me?” WooYoyung said. “Then NichKhun hyung in Thailand, Jay hyung back to Seattle, and JunSu hyung to DaeGu.” TaecYeon said.

“He’s totally ignoring me.” WooYoung said. “Me and Jay hyung would be going back next year in January. Won’t you be going to Boston?” NichKhun replied. “I guess so.” Taec replied. “You’re totally ignoring me!” WooYoung said. “How about you TaeMin?” ChanSung said. “We’ll all be going back to our families next month also but I don’t know for those who need to go out of the counrty.” TaeMin answered. AeLin was singing Korean, English, Japanese, and Taiwanese songs. JunSu was impressed. She really is multilingual. For her finale she sang ‘A Whole New World’ which was from the Disney Channel movie Aladdin.

JunSu started. She was standing by. Then soon her line came. TaeMin decided he will be the one to put the bowls on the table. He went to the dining area and watched the two in the living room. He was mesmerized by her voice. He can feel the power. His face grew red. “TaeMin!” Khun called. “De huyng?” he replied. “Come over here as soon as you’re done.” Khun said. “De.” TaeMin replied. He focused on what he was doing and after that went back to the kitchen.

Soon after, they finished cooking and preparing the food. It seems like the people downhill were taking time. They went to the living room to wait for them. ChanSung sent them a text message. They were on their way. “AeLin, when are you going to the Philippines?” Khun said. “Next year in January. I want to go back but umma and appa are busy that no one will accompany me. Even oppa can’t because of work.” She replied. “I’ll go with you.” Khun said. “Eh? But you’ll be going back to Thailand right?” AeLin said. “Go with me to Thailand first then we’ll go to the Philippines.” Khun said.

“Thailand?” AeLin said. “Yes, I’ll show you around and my family wants to meet you. My sister who likes WooYoung is a fan of yours.” Khun said. “She’s a fan of her?” WooYoung said. “De.” Khun said. “I’ll ask my umma and appa first.” She replied. Another 30 minutes passed and the others finally came. This time JongHyun and MinHo were with them. “MinHo oppa!” AeLin gave him a big hug. He hugged her back. “JongHyun.” JunSu gave him a high-five. “How was the horse riding trip?” NichKhun said. “Painful, but fun.” JongHyun replied. They were all carrying bags. “Are those my things?” Taec said pointing to what JunHo was holding.

“De. We’ll be sleeping here tonight.” JunHo said. “Rooms? There are rooms here?” ChanSung said. “Upstairs. This cottege is big.” Jay replied. “Let’s go upstairs then.” They all went upstairs. There were 5 rooms, each having double-decks with extra beds underneath. “Who will go where in these rooms?” JunSu said. “Let’s do a game!” AeLin said. “What game?” ChanSung said. “Let’s pick 6 members first. The other people left will be left somewhere and isolated. The other 5 members would be choosing rooms. Once all 6 are inside the others which were isolated would choose which room is their choice.” AeLin explained.

“Good idea!” JunHo said. “Let’s do rock-paper-scissors for the 6.” Onew said. The 6 would be Key, ChanSung, Wooyoung, TaeMin, and JunHo. “Okay, let’s go downstairs first. Then if you’re done just shout.” Jay said. Then the other 9 went downstairs. Ther other nine did rock-paper-scissors to see who the last 2 are. “We’re done!” one of them called out from upstairs. The next 6 are AeLin, MinHo, Jay, JunSu, JongHyun, and Onew. They went upstairs and chose rooms. Then soon after the last 2, NichKhun, and TaecYeon, went upstairs to choose their rooms.

Room 1 – ChanSung & Jay; Room 2 – WooYoung & JunSu; Room 3 – TaeMin, NichKhun, & MinHo; Room 4 – Key & AeLin & JongHyun; Room 5 – JunHo, Onew, & TaecYeon

“Why does the room of my choice bring me bad luck?” ChanSung said. “Ya!” Jay said. “Now it’s settled.” JunHo said. “Now, let’s eat lunch. The food is getting cold.” Key said. They all went downstairs. After eating lunch they took their things upstairs and arranged everything. They chose who would go to which bunk. After some time they went out again.