Chapter 43

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

 

            A year has passed. SHINee and 2PM returned to their own regular lives. AeLin was on hiatus in Korea and was active in Japan. SME and JYPE still have connections with her. Her brother is back in Incheon managing the business. Ever since the day she left the others have been doing their best. 2 days after AeLin left TaeMin met with ShinYe again. He told him how he felt about the situation and pleaded to leave him alone.

            ShinYe didn’t look happy and just walked away. They have been waiting for her though. AeLin would usually call once a month to both 2PM and SHINee when she’s not busy. She and TaeMin still have that awkward feel between them. Ever since that day AeLin has been trying to avoid talking to TaeMin any longer than 5 minutes that’s why TaeMin didn’t have a chance to explain. Maybe it was because she misses him or maybe just because she already moved on and doesn’t want to talk to him. One year later SHINee received a letter from AeLin. “It’s from AeLin!” Onew said. The others who were at the room rushed out immediately.

“Dear SHINee,

How are you guys? De, I know it’s weird sending all of you a letter like this but this time I would like to keep it simple and memorable. It’s been a year already since I lived here and didn’t see you guys. Johnny’s Entertainment is full of boys! I miss seeing girl groups such as SNSD unnies and f(x) unnies inside the agency building. Sometimes I do get lonely but the baby is there. I always check on the internet though. I always watch your performances and your variety shows. You are, as usual, doing the best you can.

Onew oppa, you’re getting more masculine by the minute. Where’s that cute appearance of yours?? Key oppa, I miss your cooking’s and nagging. You would be the one usually talking me into cleaning up the mess I made. JongHyun oppa, I want to do vocal exercises with you again! MinHo oppa, you’re getting taller still and good thing you took my advice. You’re already gaining pounds. That’s good! I miss you guys a lot. I want to see you again! But I guess it’ll take time.

I don’t know when I’m coming back there in Seoul. Megumi unnie told me she’s still thinking about it. Oh yeah! I also heard from her that SHINee and 2PM wants to be signed under JE as well. Unnie said it would be okay but right now we’re focusing on female recruits. Hm, I guess that might be all. Fighting SHINee! I miss you all!

From,

AeLin”

            The letter ended there and then. “Aww, she misses umma Key’s nagging.” JongHyun said. “Hyung don’t push it.” Key said. “I miss her too.” Onew said. TaeMin was silent. It was clear that she didn’t write anything about him. Is she still mad at him? “Ah, TaeMin. Here’s a letter for you.” Onew handed him over an envelope. He opened it up.

“Dear TaeMin,

Hm, it’s awkward right? I wanted to separate what I wanted to say to you from the others. It’s been a year. How are you? Look, I have something to tell you. Ray followed me to Japan. I was shocked as well. He’s been going to our house almost every day just to check if I’m okay or what. But, that’s not the point. What I really wanted to tell you is that…I love you.

I love you. I never got the chance to say this to you but I love you. Ever since you insulted me, ever since you nagged at me, ever since you looked me seriously straight into the eyes I loved you. And now that I have said it, I want to let go of you. TaeMin, I want to let go of you now. It’s very hard TaeMin, to hold on even though you know nothing will be waiting for you.

It’s time for you to let go as well. We’re not 18 year-olds anymore. Sooner or later we have to decide. It’s time to move on. TaeMin, live your life happy. Promise me that. Don’t let me stand in the way. You deserve your own happiness. I miss you TaeMin. Say hi to ShinYe unnie for me as well. I hope you two are doing well and I hope we see each other soon.

From,

AeLin”

            “…I miss you TaeMin. I hope we see each other soon.” TaeMin ended the letter. “TaeMin.” MinHo said. TaeMin just nodded. “Even after a year through a letter she can’t seem to address me right.” He said and giggled. “It’s okay.” He added. The others were puzzled. “This is just another challenge. Overcoming hardships and challenges is what makes a man. I’ll leave her be, but I’m not saying I’m giving up on her.” TaeMin said and smiled. MinHo looked at him and smiled as well. “That’s the way to go TaeMin!” the members cuddled up. Every singer and group from JYPE and SME received letters from her.

            From being strangers, to friends, to enemy-friends, to having a mutual understanding and ending up separated. Destiny really knows how to play games with the heart. Time still has much in store for TaeMin and AeLin. For now, it ends here.

~THE END~

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 will come next so stay tuned!!