Chapter 21

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            It was 12am of October 18. SHINee, 2PM, and AeLin we’re still awake. They were in 2PM’s dorm. “Happy birthday AeLin! Happy 18th birthday!” Onew said. The others followed. “TaeMin ah! She’s 18 now; I’m giving you permission to court her.” Key umma said. “Key hyung!” TaeMin hit him. “Just joking!” Key said with a smile in his face. “TaeMin ah, go and hug her already.” JunHo said. “You know, just like when you were at the fan meeting.” TaecYeon said. “Eh? How did you know?” AeLin said. “TV?” JunSu said. “Come on now, let us see it live.” ChanSung said.

            They clapped saying ‘do it’ over and over again until someone rang the doorbell. “Who could it be?” NichKhun said. Then JunHo went to open the door. “Where’s AeLin?” SaeKo came in. “Noona, she’s here with us.” JunHo answered. “I’m so sorry but I’m taking her. She needs to sleep. SHINee too.” She said. “Ah, yeah okay.” JunHo said. “SHINee ah, AeLin ah! SaeKo noona is here for you.” JunHo called out. “Unnie.” AeLin said. “Come on now, it’s already 12am. You need your beauty rest AeLin.” SaeKo said. “There’s no need for that beauty rest, she isn’t getting pretty anyways.” TaeMin said. “You guys too. You know I’m responsible of you 5 when YiBum is not around.” SaeKo said. “De.” They replied.

            SHINee and AeLin went back to AeLin’s dorm. “Bye! See you later!” 2PM said. “Thank you for the company!” SHINee and AeLin said. “Rest well, it’s both your day offs today. Sleep as long as you want.” SaeKo said to SHINee and AeLin. “De.” They replied. “Good night, or rather, good morning everyone.” Onew said. “De.” The others replied and SHINee went into their room while AeLin went to hers.

            5:00am they woke up. Well, actually, MinHo and TaeMin woke up. “Come on hyung.” TaeMin woke up his hyungs. “AeLin, wake up.” MinHo got into her room and woke her up. MinHo turned the lights on. “What time is it?” Onew said. “JongHyun hyung, wake up.” TaeMin said. AeLin got up. She still had her eyes shut. They went out of the room and drank some milk. JongHyun went to the sofa to sleep. “Come on hyung, we’ll be going.” MinHo woke him up. “Why are you doing this to me?” JongHyun said groaning.

            AeLin, who’s still half awake, bumped into the wall. “AeLin ah, be careful. Try opening your eyes.” Key umma said. “De.” She replied. They got into their jackets and went outside to run. Soon SaeKo and YiBum arrive at AeLin’s dorm. SaeKo left after the members fell asleep in the dorm to go to SM Entertainment and met with YiBum who was there earlier. “Where are their shoes?” SaeKo said. “I think they went out to work out.” YiBum said. “They usually do that every day.” He added. “And AeLin is with them. Natural. They’ve been together for 4 years.” SaeKo said.

            “So, let’s just wait for them here I guess.” She added. “Yeah, I guess.” YiBum replied and looked at her. “We’ve also been together for 4 years and counting.” YiBum said. SaeKo turned away. Truth is, SaeKo had a crush on YiBum ever since she laid eyes on him 8 years before. Knowing that AeLin will be with SHINee for a long time, she decided it was her chance. And it seems that YiBum is feeling the same way. “SaeKo, you know. It’s been 4 years since we started to work together.” YiBum started.

            She felt her heart beating fast. “4 years, on and off the set we’re together, talking about SHINee and Lin.” He added. “I want to change that. I want to talk about us.” YiBum said. SaeKo turned to him. “YiBum.” She said when YiBum holds her hand. “Can I court you? SaeKo ssi.” YiBum said. “Court?” she said with a red face. “I like you, SaeKo shii.” YiBum said. “Ah, uhmm, well…” she didn’t know what to say. Her mind went blank. The man of his dreams wants to court her. “Sure, truth is I’ve liked you since…since the day I laid my eyes on you.” She replied. YiBum smiled. She melted.

            Then SHINee and AeLin came back. “Noona, hyung.” Onew said upon seeing them. “Ah! SHINee!” SaeKo said and both let o of their hands. “Where’s AeLin?” YiBum said. “I’m right here.” She replied coming in. “Shower up guys, we’ll be going somewhere.” He added. “Huh? Where? I thought we were on our day-off?” Key said. “It’s urgent.” SaeKo replied. “Well then, better go shower up.” JongHyun said going to their room. They were instructed to just wear casual clothes, and then pack some other clothes. They went into a mini-van.

            “Where are we going?” Key said as he got into the van. “It’s an event.” YiBum replied. “For a day off this is quite the work.” JongHyun said. “Come on guys. Let’s have good spirits with  this one shall we?” YiBum replied. MinHo, AeLin, and TaeMin were seated  way back on the mini-bus. AeLin was in between the two. AeLin was seated closer to MinHo, they were talking about Pokémon. Moments later, AeLin and the other SHINee members fell asleep. MinHo was the only one awake. He looked at TaeMin who was drooling himself off.

            Then he looked at AeLin. “They do make a cute couple.” He thought. Then he looked at her more seriously. He could hear his heart beat fast. His cheeks grew red. Then soon he snapped out of it. He turned his attention to the window beside him. “But then…I think giving up is not an option for me.” MinHo said then he smiled.

            Soon it was time for them to go eat lunch. They stopped at a mini fast food chain where most travellers stop to eat food. “SHINee, AeLin, wake up. We’re going to eat lunch.” SaeKo said. They woke up and got out of the mini bus. They entered the small building. At first there was silence. Maybe a minute or two passed before people recognized them. Many were taking pictures. “SHINee ah!” girls were saying. “Onew oppa!” some girls called out. Onew looked at them and smiled. The girls melted.

            They all called their names. AeLin also had her fans among the SHINee fans. They ordered some food and sat down to wait. The table had 4 seats. Onew, JongHyun, Key, and MinHo were sitting at one table. The two young ones were seated at a different table next to them. TaeMin and AeLin were sitting across each other obviously avoiding contact that would probably end up in a fight. SaeKo and YiBum sat with them but they were still at the counters.

            “Ah! Look! TaeLin!” a fan said. Then the other fans started to howl and squeal. TaeMin and AeLin were disturbed. “Now people, people. Let’s not rush into such things. As the umma I can’t let TaeMin and AeLin be like this immediately. TaeMin should first -” then TaeMin and AeLin ‘abducted’ him after standing up before the crowd. “Hyung!” TaeMin said. “Okay okay, I’m sorry. Sheesh. Our little TaeMin can’t take jokes anymore. No wonder, your zipper is down.” Key said then went back to his table. AeLin just laughed at what he said. “Stop laughing you idiot.” TaeMin said and the fighting started again.

            After eating they went back to their van. They waved goodbye to their fans. Then they went on the road again. An hour passed and all of them fell asleep. 2 hours later they slowed down. “Guys, we’re almost here. Wake up.” YiBum went and woke them up. They arrived at a big area. “Wow! Where are we?” Onew said. “MT? MT?” JongHyun replied. “MT ah. MT ah!” Key added excited. “AeLin, happy 18th birthday. This is SME family’s gift for you. We want to thank you for helping our company and becoming success. You were always so kind to us staff. And also from SM, you will be staying here for 4 days and 3 nights.” SaeKo said.

            AeLin was very happy. “Aww, kamsa hamnida!” she said and they went into a group hug. “Now come on let’s go in!” Key said. Then they went in the house. The main house had 3 big rooms with 2 beds in each room. “Eh…” TaeMin said. “Let’s play rock-paper-scissors.” JongHyun said. They played rock-paper-scissors. Onew and Key were paired up. JongHyun and TaeMin then MinHo and AeLin. MinHo let AeLin choose their room. He was more than happy to be paired with her but then he didn’t physically show it.

            As she chose a room MinHo went outside to get the rest of their bags. AeLin was jumping on the bed when he came in. “Oppa! Come and join me!” she said. “Ah…I’ll think about it.” MinHo replied and kind of ignored her. She went down and grabbed him. They both jumped on the bed. “Come on oppa.” She said laughing. He looked at her happy face and just enjoyed. From all the jumping they were pretty noisy.

            “I guess MinHo and AeLin are enjoying themselves right now.” Key said. Onew and Key’s room was just across AeLin and MinHo’s room. They were jumping and jumping until finally, AeLin tripped and fell on the bed. MinHo fell over her but rolled to his side. They were lying side by side, face to face. AeLin was still laughing, obviously enjoying her fun and sat up. MinHo looked at her and sat up as well. As AeLin lessened her giggles she saw how MinHo looked at her.

            They were alone, in one room with a closed door. The atmosphere was serious and that the two were the main characters. “MinHo oppa…” she said as MinHo got his hand on her cheek and caressed it. Suddenly the mood went to a serious one. He didn’t let go of her face and got closer. By that time they let their sub consciousness control them. “MinHo…” she said as she started to close her eyes like how MinHo did. The closer and closer they went. “Ya! What are you doing?!!” Key, along with the other members came in.

            Both of them got their senses back and got surprised at what they were doing. Both of them backed away from each other and were blushing. “MinHo ah! What were you doing?!” Onew approached him. TaeMin was shocked to see that sight. “AeLin ah, are you okay?” JongHyun rushed to her. TaeMin was frozen. “De, I’m okay. No need to worry.” AeLin said and tried to fix herself. She happened to get a glimpse of TaeMin who was by the door. They wanted to talk but can’t.

            “Come on now, let’s just go out and forget everything.” Onew said. Then one by one they went out of the room. TaeMin got back to his senses and just didn’t think about it that much. MinHo and AeLin’s faces were still red. “What just happened?” AeLin thought. “What did I just do?” MinHo thought. Through all that deep thinking, they both didn’t notice that they were already supposed to turn left and hit the wall. “Oi! You two, are you okay? You’re really weird this day MinHo.” Key said. “De, we’re okay.” MinHo replied. “I’m sorry.” He said as the two walked. “Nah, it’s okay. You never did anything.” AeLin replied.