Chapter 26

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            Days have passed and finally Christmas Eve has come. AeLin was back at her apartment and SHINee and 2PM was there. It was 7 PM. “Let’s not sleep tonight!” AeLin said. “What?” JunSu said. “Back in the Philippines we don’t sleep in Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.” AeLin said. “Why?” ChanSung said. “I don’t know why but our family does it till now.” AeLin said. “We won’t sleep for the whole night. Ususally we would be watching TV, playing games, eating, telling stories and stuff. It’ll be fun! We can go to the rooftop of this building ang watch fireworks!” AeLin added.

            “I think that it’s going to be fun. I’m in.” WooYoung said. “Me too.” JunHo added. Then it ended up with all of them to not sleep that night. They fell asleep 5:30 am. They woke up 8:15 because they were woken up by MinJae. “Merry Christman everyone! 2PM, SHINee, and AeLin. The 3 of you are going to an event today.” MinJae said. “Event? What?” Key said. “How come SaeKo noona and YiBum hyung didn’t tell us about this?” TaeMin said. “Don’t ask any more questions, just hurry up and prepare. There’s a surprise waiting for you.” MinJae said.

            He got the 2PM boys to stand up and migrate to their dorm. They showered up then changed into their normal clothes as MinJae said. They rode a mini bus to the event. “I wonder what the event is?” Jay said. “I’m pretty sure it has something to do with Christmas.” NichKhun said. “Maybe.” MinJae said. “Where is SaeKo noona and YiBum hyung anyways?” MinHo said. “SaeKo and YiBum are at the venue waiting for you.” MinJae answered.

            Soon they arrived at the place. They were amazingly a lot of fans of SHINee, 2PM, and Lin. “A fan meeting?” AeLin said. They got out of the bus and went up on stage. “Here they are! SHINee, 2PM, and Lin!” the MC said. “Annyoung hasaeyo!” that greeted. “Now, I bet you’re wondering why we you were sent here.” The MC said. “Actually, yes we are.” TaecYeon said. “SM Entertainment talents SHINee and Lin, JYP Entertainment talents 2PM! These 2 groups are compared to as rivals due to their fame and agency. We welcome our guests today. The CEO’s of both companies, Park Jin Young shii and Lee Soo Man shii!” the MC said. Then both CEO’s went on stage.

            They were in shock. They bowed in confusion. “JYP hyung.” The 2PM members were caught off guard. “Good morning everyone and a very Merry Christmas to you all.” JYP said. “For many years talents from SM Entertainment and JYP Entrtainment are said to be rivals when it comes to the stage; Rain vs. the jumping BoA; matured and y Wonder Girls against cute and innocent Girls Generation; the beast idols 2PM and the luxury idols SHINee.” JYP started. “4 years ago I decided to release a new singer to the Kpop industry thus; Lin was brought to the spotlight.” Lee Soo Man said.

            “Her parents are both in high position in JYPE and SME. She had talent and she has showed it at a very young age. SME and JYPE had competed as to which company Lin would be going. Soon it was known that Lin would be in SME.” JYP said. “As time passed by AeLin became good friends with the beasty idols 2PM. SHINee and 2PM became one. The other singers and groups also became one. JYPE and SME became one.” SM said. “Christmas is for unity. Now, I want to thank Lin for uniting both companies and the talents to be closer friends.” He added.

            “Now, SM and I talked about this situation of ours. Lin has been loved by JYPE fans too. And we’ve decided. Lin…” JYP came to her. “Lin, you’ve been a very dear friend. Making you part of our family would be great as well. Signing a contract would be nice.” JYP said. The fans, 2PM, and SHINee were shocked. “But I’m in SME, how can I possibly sign a contract with you Sr.?” AeLin said. “Don’t worry Lin. For this one time only you could be under them for a year and be under us at the same time.” SM said. “Is that possible?” JunHo said.

            “You will still keep the name Lin of course. This is the 1st time that this will happen to JYPE and SME history.” SM said. “AeLin!” a very familiar voice called out from the audience. “Umma! Appa!” she said. “Merry Christmas!” AeEul said. “So, what’s your decision?” JYP said. She looked at the surroundings and took a deep breath. “Well...uhm…as long as the fans is okay with it, and then I accept.” AeLin said. “We’ll be having a poll open online in her fan cafes and local and international forums. Please look forward to it.” The MC said. After that announcement they head on to performances and went to sing CDs and other stuff.

            “Umma, appa!” AeLin called out. “AeLin!” her umma came and hugged her tightly. “Now I can see you more often!” she said. “I missed you.” She replied. “Merry Christmas!” OkHyun said. “Your Christmas gifts from both fans from the Philippines and from us were sent to your dorm.” Her umma added. “From the Philippines? My friends?” AeLin said. “De.” Her appa said. “I haven’t heard from then in ages!” AeLin was really happy. After the meeting the headed for JYPE to clarify some things.

            As she got home to her dorm she couldn’t wait to open her gifts from her friends. “Ommo, it’s from them alright!” she said as she saw the cards. She also read the letters that were with the presents. “I really miss them!!” she added. “Can I come in?” Khun said as he opened the door. “You’re already in. How could I say no.” she replied. NichKhun then went in. “Gifts?” he said. “From my Filipino friends.” She said. NichKhun then started to go through the gifts.

            2PM and SHINee were in 2PM’s dorm next door. “TaeMin, it’s been 4 years. Aren’t you going to confess to her yet?” JunHo said. “Confess? To who?” TaeMin said. “Come on TaeMin, it’s clear that you are crushing on AeLin ever since.” JunHo said. “What?! That girl? Me? Liking her?! You must be joking.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin, you’re 21. You better find somebody soon.” JunHo said. “Yeah sure but definitely not her.” TaeMin said.    

            New Year came and it was already January! It was time for the idols to be back to their home towns. SHINee was at SM Entertainment. They were going to have a meeting of some sort. They were at their rehearsal room. Key was looking through TaeMin’s bag. He was looking for a bunch of papers that TaeMin asked him to get. He was told to look through the pockets. As he was looking he felt a paper like thing from one pocket. There were a lot. He thought it was the one TaeMin was looking for so he got it out.

            It was actually pocket-sized photos. “Huh?” Key said upon turning the photos. Then he saw pictures of AeLin then a couple of pictures with the 2 of them. “What is this?” Key said smiling. “Onew hyung!” Key called out. Onew came. “What is it?” Onew said. “Look.” Key handed him the photos. “Based on the scenery and clothes he probably took this at the last 2 days of our trip.” Key said. “How come we didn’t notice?” Onew said. “Maybe because they were always missing?” Key said. “No way. This is epic. Does this mean they are finally getting along?” Onew smiled while skimming the photos. “TAEMIN!” AeLin came in with a steaming hot head.

            “A monster came! Ah..ugh…you look ugly.” TaeMin replied. “TaeMin ah! Where is the key chain from my phone?!” AeLin said showing him his phone. “The letter ‘R’ one?” JongHyun said. “De. TaeMin where is it?” AeLin said. “Still has no respect for elders. But then, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” TaeMin replied. “Stop fooling around TaeMin. That was a precious gift from home.” AeLin said. “From your umma?” TaeMin said. “No, from a friend in the Philippines.” AeLin said. “Now give it to me. I know it’s with you. Yesterday when you borrowed my phone the key chain was still there and when you returned it, it was gone!” AeLin said.

            “Okay fine, I took it. But I already threw it away.” TaeMin said. “Don’t joke around TaeMin I’m serious. I’m a red belter. You don’t know what I can do to you.” AeLin said. “Then go on ahead. Hurt me. It isn’t with me anymore.” TaeMin replied. She was boiling. “TaeMin ah! I know it’s with so so pls. can you give it back?!” she was frustrated. “TaeMin! Just give it back to her if you have it.” MinHo said. “Okay. But then, beg for it.” TaeMin said. She just reached his boling point. She started to tear up from all the frustrtation. “Just give it to me pls.” she said nodding not letting the others see her tears. “TaeMin!” MinHo said. “What is it with that key chain that you want it back so badly?” TaeMin said.

            AeLin approached him and slapped him hard. “TaeMin, if you’re not giving that back then fine! I’m so sorry for the inconvenience guys; I’ll be going back to my rehearsal room. I HATE YOU TAEMIN!” AeLin said then went out of the room obviously crying. TaeMin was stunned and was frozen to his position. “I hate you TaeMin!!!” those words kept on revolving around his head. “What was that?” JongHyun said. “TaeMin! What’s wrong with you?! You should’ve given that to her! Now look what you’ve done.” MinHo said then went out to follow AeLin. TaeMin was speechless and shocked.

            “And you were saying?” Key said. MinHo followed her to her rehearsal room. “AeLin ah.” MinHo got in her rehearsal room. “Don’t cry AeLin.” He approached her and gave her a handkerchief. “I’m not crying.” She said wiping off her tears. “Look, since it’s that important to you I’ll get it back from TaeMin okay?” MinHo said. “Thank you oppa. That key chain was a gift from a very special person back in the Philippines and I treasure it so much.” AeLin said. “TaeMin, why didn’t you give the key chain back?” Onew said.

            “I didn’t know she was really serious.” TaeMin said. “The two of you never knows if one of you is serious because the two of you are never clear about anything!” Key exploded. “Key ah.” JongHyun said. “Explain these photos to me.” Key then showed his the photos he found. “Where? How?” TaeMin said. “Huh? What’s this?” JongHyun said as he took a photo. “You have stolen shots of her from our trip. TaeMin, tell me, you like her don’t you?” Key said.

            “No.” TaeMin answered. “Oh come on now TaeMin. We saw you in the tent. Did you kiss her? Huh? Do you like her?” Key said. “Key calm down.” JongHyun said. “Why did you even get that picture hyung? It’s privacy. Can’t you respect my privacy?!” TaeMin said. “GUYS STOP IT!!” Onew yelled and had enough of it. “You guys stop it now come on! Fighting won’t solve anything. Stop fighting over her okay? TaeMin, you should be more considerate of her feelings. You’re not 14 year olds anymore. And Key, try controlling yourself okay? Going through TaeMin’s stuff and using it against him is just wrong.” Onew added. Both of them were panting looking at each other. “Come on guys, stop it.” Jjong added.