Chapter 12

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            “We’re out.” Key said who went out of their waiting room along with Onew and JongHyun. “Where are AeLin and MinHo?” JongHyun said. “They went somewhere. I don’t know.” TaeMin answered. “TaeMin ah come on. We need to go now. If we don’t them we won’t be able to make it to our next schedule.” Onew said. “We’ll be scolded again.” JongHyun said. “I’m serious; I don’t know where they went.” TaeMin said.

            The 3 sighed and decided to look for the two. Meanwhile AeLin and MinHo were having that get-to-know-each-other conversation. “So you were actually born here in Seoul before transferring to the Philippines.” MinHo said. “Yeah. I even schooled here.” she said. “Speaking of school. I just left a bunch of great friends back in the Philippines. I wonder how they’re all doing now. I didn’t even tell them that I’m in this kind of situation now.” She added and showed quite a gloomy face.

            MinHo looked at her. “Here we go again.” MinHo said and went to sit beside her. He slowly got one hand around her and got her closer to him. “I’m sorry.” She said. “There’s no need to be sorry. What I’m just trying to tell you is that those friends that you left behind will always be your friends. They’ll never leave you so don’t worry. Now, I want you to be open. We are here AeLin. Onew hyung, JongHyun hyung, Key hyung, TaeMin, SM Entertainment, SM Town, your new friends in school; we’re also here for you.” MinHo said.

            “I just want you to know that people here are also ready to help you and be with you.” He continued. AeLin got her hands around him and hugged him tightly. “We know you’re having a hard time now and that you’re confused with what are the right choices to make but always remember that you can run to us for help.” He continued. He then got her off of him and tilted her head up. “Always remember…than you can run to…” “AeLin ah! MinHo hyung!!” they heard Key’s voice and the door of the set open.

            “Oppa!” AeLin stood up and went down the stairs. “…me.” MinHo finished and sighed. “Ya! You guys, they’re here!! AeLin ah, why are you here?” Key said as he ran to her. “MinHo, you took her here?” Onew said. “Well…” “No, it was all me. Hehe. Sorry if I made you worry.” AeLin said. “What a pain.” TaeMin said. “Why you?!” AeLin said. “Now come on. We need to go.” JongHyun said. “Don’t run off like that okay?” Onew said as they walked out of the set.

            “She managed to steal you and do something obnoxious. Unusual.” Key said jokingly as he gave him a smile. “I know hyung.” MinHo said. “Although I was the one who stole her and brought her here, she did manage to steal something from me.” He thought and smiled to himself. They all headed out the building and got on the van. AeLin was on a separate van with SaeKo for SHINee had another schedule to go to. AeLin and SaeKo headed back to the dorm and prepared for another trip.

            It seems like AeLin’s going to have her first fansigning event. After the release of her mini-album, a lot of people got really interested in her and eventually became fans themselves and because of that she had a successful debut. This was one way of thanking her fans and getting to know them. The fansigning was due later that afternoon so they still had time to relax.

            SaeKo was not really busy since she only looked at AeLin’s schedule and organizes it a bit; AeLin was just plain worried with the event. Even though she’s Korean and is fluent in the language, spelling isn’t actually her thing. Even in English and Filipino she usually flunked on spelling. She’s also worried as to how her signature would go. “AeLin ah, don’t worry about that.” SaeKo said. “But unnie…” she said as she looked at the paper in front of her.

            “I’m so not talented with these kind of things.” She said and eventually gave up. She stood up from where she was sitting then joined SaeKo on the couch and the TV. “AeLin ah don’t disturb me now, come on.” SaeKo said as she continued organizing AeLin’s schedule. “You’re so annoying.” Someone came and interrupted. “Oh, TaeMin ssi. Why are you here? And how did you get in?” SaeKo said as she set aside the papers she was holding.

            “Well, I was scheduled to be with this dimwit I guess. And as to how I got in…” then YiBum, SHINee’s manager, came. “YiBum ah.” SaeKo said who rather acted kind of awkward. YiBum smiled and just nodded. “Annyeong hasaeyo.” AeLin greeted him. “Annyoung hasaeyo AeLin ssi.” YiBum replied. “I see you’re sorting out her schedule. I’ll be with TaeMin this time because the other manager decided to be with the other members. I can help you with this.” YiBum added as he saw the papers SaeKo was holding.

            “Ah…oh sure. Let’s work over there.” SaeKo got up and the two went to the other side of the room. “Unnie sure does act weird when YiBum oppa is around.” AeLin said. TaeMin just sat on the couch beside her. “Ya, do you really need to come with me?” AeLin said after a while of silence. “If I didn’t have to I wouldn’t be here. You sure are a babo.” TaeMin said. AeLin then bumped him and concentrated on what they were watching. TaeMin looked at her and saw some papers at the other side.

            TaeMin got those papers and looked at them. AeLin tried to get it back but she couldn’t. “Oh, don’t tell me.” TaeMin said. AeLin decided to just sit there and ignore him. “Fine, laugh all you want.” She said. And TaeMin did laugh out loud. “I’m working on it okay! So stop bothering me!” AeLin said and got the papers. TaeMin still couldn’t hold his laughter in and giggled for quite some time.

            “Like you never had trouble with these kinds of things before!” AeLin said who getting more pissed. “I have, but I just like doting on you.” TaeMin said. “Oh, so now it’s a hobby?” she said. “Hm, pretty much.” He replied. “You are such…” then AeLin showed him her fingers and before you can say “A-yo” she pinched him on the thigh. “Ha, now I have my defence.” AeLin said.

            Soon it was time for them to go to the fan signing event. Before the fan signing they had to introduce her first and the person there to assist was TaeMin. A lot of fans came which surprised AeLin. “So many…” she said. “Welcome, to our world.” TaeMin said as they sat down the table and the signing started. As weeks came by she went to more and more fan signing events with TaeMin to assist her. Soon it headed off to her 3rd and probably the last fan signing in the city.

            “Lin ssi. Please sign. Could you dedicate it to Shi MinYeul?” A girl said to her as she handed her the CD. “Sure. Unnie ah, thanks for coming! Stay safe always!” she said as she offered the fan a handshake. “What a nice person you are, Lin ssi.” TaeMin, who was sitting behind her, leaned over and whispered sarcastically. AeLin ignored him and just continued to sign. “Lin ssi, TaeMin sii, I’m a big fan of both you and SHINee! If possible could TaeMin oppa sign on this paper?” AeLin and TaeMin then looked at that paper. “Tae...” AeLin started to read what was written there. “…Lin?” TaeMin added. “TaeLin?” they both said.

            “De.” she replied smiling. Since a lot of people were still waiting for their CD’s to be signed they just signed the paper and AeLin signed the CD. “Oh and if you have time, please visit this site.” She said and handed AeLin a paper. “Unnie thanks for coming!” AeLin said with a smile snd got the paper. Soon the fan signing event was over and they headed off back to SM Entertainment. “TaeLin?” AeLin said as she searched through the net in SaeKo’s laptop. “Ya, what are you doing?” TaeMin said and sat beside her.

            “Don’t sit too close it’s hot you know.” AeLin complained. “It’s not my fault my hotness gets to you that fast.” AeLin looked at him disgusted. “Are you actually hearing what you’re saying??” AeLin said. Both were just joking around though. “Found it.” She added. “A fan club?” she said. “Let me see.” TaeMin said as he got the laptop. “Ya!” AeLin won’t let go of the laptop. “Don’t break it you guys.” SaeKo said who was seating beside the drivers’ seat.

            “NO WAY!!” they both said out loud. “Eeeew…what? Why??” AeLin said. “These people are…oh my gosh…what in the world?” TaeMin added. “Okay, there’s no way I’m pairing up with you.” AeLin said. “What makes you think I want something like that too?” TaeMin replied. TaeLin was coined from both AeLin and TaeMin’s name together. It was the couple name given to them by various Shawols and Lin fans that supposedly shipped the pair.

            “Oh come on.” TaeMin said. “I think it’s cute.” SaeKo said joking. “Unnie ah! No way!” AeLin said as she browsed through the site. “It said the site just opened 2 weeks ago.” AeLin said after singing into the site. The paper that was handed to her earlier had AeLin and TaeMin’s username and passwords written in it.  “There are a LOT of fans here.” AeLin said. She then went to the main thread and read how the fan club/site was made.

            “This forum/fan club is for our maknae couple SHINee’s Lee TaeMin and solo singer Lin. TaeLin is a fansite dedicated to shipping the pairing. Shawols and Lintastics, gather if you’re one of us!!”. She read it out loud. “Oh no way.” TaeMin then got the laptop and searched the site. “They even have pictures of us! Where and when did they take these?” TaeMin said. Soon they arrived at SHINee’s dorm. AeLin hung around for a while since she’s free. The other SHINee members except JongHyun and Onew were in their dorm.

            “You’re back.” Key said as he saw TaeMin enter their dorm. “Ah, and who do we have here?” he added with a rather more excited voice and ran to AeLin. “Oppa.” AeLin said as Key hugged her tightly. “AeLin ah, how have you been doing?” Key said as he looked at her. MinHo then went to the door and smiled as he saw her. “Are you eating well? Brush your teeth always? Do you get enough sleep?” Key added in. “Oppa. I’m fine.” AeLin replied and went to MinHo.

            “Noona, may I borrow your laptop?” MinHo said.  “Oh yeah, you had some files here for school right? Here you go.” SaeKo then gave him the laptop. He then went to one corner. “TaeLin?” he thought as he saw the link to the site from the history of the           browser.