Chapter 16

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

              “OkRyo!” AeEul called. “What is it?!” OkRyo replied. “Look at the TV!” she said. “What? Why? I’m still at the bathroom!” OkRyo said. It was late that evening in the Sha household. “It’s AeLin!” AeEul said. “Ha? Ha? AeLin?” OkRyo came rushing. “Ah! Appa! You’re soaking wet, and there’s still some soap in your ear.” AeEul said. “Now you complain.” OkRyo replied.

“The famous group SHINee has been reported to have been lurking around the city. Along with the newly born talent of SME, the female version of SHINee, Lin, they went to notable places like the Korean Hallyu Exhibit.”

               Then the TV showed some footage of them. “Ah, it is AeLin.” OkRyo said. “Why is she lurking around the city? Aren’t there supposed to be guards or their managers from your company to be with them?” AeEul said. “SM planned this, I can feel it. He might have something up his mind.” OkRyo said. “Well, that SooMan-nim of yours should really have something good about this.” AeEul said. Then the phone rang.

               “Hello?” AeEul got the phone and answered. “Umma!” it was OkHyun. “OkHyun, what is it?” AeEul replied. “Can you hand the phone to appa?” OkHyun said. “Sure sure.” Then AeEul handed over the phone to OkRyo. “Hello? OkHyun? What’s the matter?” OkRyo said. “Appa, our company needs AeLin.” He said. “For what?” OkRyo replied. “Our magazine company is looking for someone to model their cover page, our clothing business needs stylists and models for advertisements, we need all the help we can get and since AeLin is the closest and freshest one, we thought of taking her.” OkHyun said.

               “AeLin? Do all that? OkHyun, you need SHINee to go with her too. They had an agreement that until the year ends SHINee would be participating in AeLin’s activities as a form of promotion.” His appa replied. “Okay then, we’ll also take SHINee.” OkHyun said. “I’ll talk it out with their managers and the company.” OkRyo said. “Okay, call me as soon as you can okay?” OkHyun said. “Yeah, I will.” He replied then put down the phone. “What was it about?” AeEul said. “He needs AeLin.” OkRyo said. “Ahh, I guess she’s of benefit to him.” AeEul replied.

              October 15, 2009. SHINee and AeLin were still busy. They keep on appearing in Music Bank, Show! Music Core, SBS Inkigayo, M!Countdown, Arirang, Star Golden Bell, TV and magazine interviews, photo shoots, and many more! AeLin was getting used to the life of being a singer and she met some of her sunbaes in SM; Girl’s Generation (SNSD), Super Junior, BoA, and DBSK. She also started promoting her follow-up track from her release titled “START”.

               “Okay, tomorrow you’ll be going to a magazine company for a photo shoot and an interview, but before that you will be in Showbiz Extra for filming. In October 17, you’ll be attending an event to promote a clothing line along with your stylist and SHINee’s stylist. October 18, you’ll be filming a food commercial and a magazine interview but before all that you will be in doing a fan meeting.” SaeKo said. “There’s still much to do huh?” AeLin said. “I guess so.” SaeKo replied. They were at a cafe, just after filming a commercial too.

               SHINee wasn’t with them. They had a separate place to go to which SM already approved of. It’s getting colder and colder. The people of Seoul were in their winter clothees. Families are going to be reunited and people being happy. It’s really heart-warming. After taking a break in the café AeLin and SaeKo headed off to the next schedules. As they were on their way AeLin then slowly started to sleep in the van.

               “SHINee.” SM said. “Yes?” they replied. “How’s Lin?” he said. “She’s doing fine now.” Onew said. “We took care of her just like you told us to.” JongHyun said. “Her first month with us went great!” Key added. “This week would be your last days together. Since she’s already doing fine, I bet she can be off on her own.” SM said. “Huh? What?” Key said. “But we thought we’ll be together until the year ends.” JongHyun said. “Those past days were enough already. Besides, you’ll be going on your first concert and tour South Korea for the rest of the month.” SM said. “Concert? On tour?” Onew said.

              “She’ll be fine, as you said. Sooner or later you’ll be leaving her anyways.” SM said. . “Now, you go to YiBum for the schedules okay?” SM said. “De.” Then the SHINee members went out of the room. They met up with their YiBum hyung. “Hyung.” Onew said. “What’s this about us being away from AeLin?” JongHyun said. “SHINee, listen, you’re going to be on tour because of fan demands. And also, wasn’t it one of your group’s dreams to actually have a concert tour right?” YiBum said. The SHINee members were silent. “I guess we can’t do anything about it now.” TaeMin said. “TaeMin.” MinHo said.

               “It also hurts me being away from them from this point on but we have no choice.” YiBum said. “Okay, now here’s your schedule. You will be with AeLin on October 17 in a clothing line promotion. Tomorrow you’ll also be with her in a photo shoot for a magazine. On October 18, you’ll be busy preparing for your tour which will start on the 31st and ends in November the 20th.” YiBum said. The SHINee members sighed and got into their van.

               The next day came. SHINee and AeLin met at the magazine company’s building. As they met the SHINee members were in a rather sad mood but they didn’t tell anything to AeLin. “Eh?” AeLin said. “I know this building.” Then someone familiar came out of the building. “Oppa!” AeLin ran to him. “AeLin!” OkHyun also ran to her. When they were about to meet, AeLin threw a roundhouse kick while OkHyun dodged it and gave her a punch on the face. “Ah!” “Bulls eye!” OkHyun said.

              AeLin was hit on her left part of the jaw. Her lip bled. SaeKo, YiBum, and the SHINee members were stunned when she got hit. “It seems like you’re losing it AeLin.”  OkHyun said. AeLin wiped the blood. “She’s bleeding.” Key said. “AeLin.” MinHo and SaeKo said. “AeLin.” TaeMin followed. “Think again.” AeLin said and smirked. Then, from out of the blue, OkHyun groaned. “Ah.” He said and got his hand to his stomach and seemed to break down.

            “You...” OkHyun said grasping for air and in pain. The others were just standing there not knowing what to do and seemed to be confused. “Ommo.” TaeMin said who was getting a bit scared. “She’s scary.” He thought. AeLin approached him and did some technique that seemed to have relieved OkHyun from pain. She helped him up. “You just embarrassed yourself in front of SHINee and our managers.” AeLin said. He stood up and fixed himself. “Ah, uhm…Everyone, nice to meet you, I am Sha OkHyun, CEO of the magazine company, pleased to meet you. Sorry about that, it’s kind of…a habit between us.” He bowed.

               “Ahh, hehe…nice to meet you too.” SaeKo and YiBum looked at each other and approached him. SaeKo went to AeLin and gave her a tissue. “AeLin are you okay?” she said. “Yeah I’m okay. Don’t worry.” AeLin smiled and wiped the blood off. “That’s your oppa?” SaeKo said as she looked at her lip. “Yup, that’s him alright.” SaeKo said. “Now come on let’s go in.” OkHyun said. “TaeMin, shouldn’t you be delighted and excited right now?” Key said. “Yeah I know but I’m rather scared now.” TaeMin replied.

               They went to the 6th floor of a 32 storey building. “AeLin, are you okay?” Onew whispered as he got the chance. “Yeah, yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry.” She replied and smiled. They went into this room. “Okay now, the person to interview you will be here any minute. We will be having the interview first before the photo shoot.” OkHuyun said. “Okay.” They replied. OkHyun then left the room. “AeLin!” JongHyun said. “Are you okay?” MinHo came to her. “I’m okay, I’m okay. Don’t make such a big fuss about it.” AeLin smiled while still wiping the blood. “Are you sure?” TaeMin said.

               “Ah, TaeMin.” AeLin sarcastically smiled. “Don’t you dare think of something AeLin.” TaeMin said and got into a TaeKwonDo like defence position. “Afraid?” she said. They were silenced. “No, don’t worry. He doesn’t hurt anybody like that unless it’s necessary.” AeLin said. “That’s my oppa for those who don’t know. That thing we did was just normal for us. I took TaeKwonDo when I was 7. He took TaeKwonDo at the age of 13. Until now he’s still a Yellow belter, we do that to see how far have we learned.” AeLin explained. “Ah, so, what belt are you?” Key said. “Me? I’m just a white belter still.” AeLin answered.

            “Liar.” TaeMin said. “No one told you to talk.” AeLin said. “Why you little.” TaeMin was to stand when the interviewer came in. Soon after, they were given a break. “You like Pokémon?” TaeMin said. “Yeah, what’s wrong with that?” AeLin replied. He burst out into laughter. “Look who’s talking. I’m not the one who likes Tom and Jerry.” AeLin replied then laughed. “It’s because I’m cute.” TaeMin replied smiling at her. “Eh? Yuck!” AeLin said. “Now you’re being jealous.” TaeMin said. “Me? Jealous? No way.” Then she clings to MinHo who was beside her. MinHo smiled looking at the two.

               “I’m not talking to you.” AeLin said. “Fine! I don’t care.” TaeMin replied. “So stupid.” Both of them simultaneously thought. Then the interviewer came back. “Okay now, concerning TaeMin and AeLin. Both of you are the youngest in the family. AeLin is the donsaeng of the world famous OkHyun and the magnae of the Sha family; TaeMin is the magnae of their family and the magnae of the famous group SHINee. We want to know how you maknaes got along the 1st time you met. Since both of you are the magnaes, you probably have some similarities and get along well at first.” The interviewer said.