Chapter 25

Destiny's Game (Season 1)

            After 2 days 2PM, SHINee, and AeLin went back to Seoul and they were back to work. Their managers got them at their last day. It was fun while it lasted. It was already November, one more month before the idols to go back to their homelands. AeLin was at the Sha residence. She was given the privilege to go home for one day. “Umma.” AeLin called. “De?” her mother, who was in the kitchen, replied. “Can I go back to the Philippines next year for my week off?” AeLin said.

            “AeLin, you know me and your appa are busy next week. We can’t accompany you there. OkHyun is also out of the country right now. No one will be able to go with you.” Her umma replied. “NichKhun oppa said he will accompany me.” AeLin said. “NichKhun? Of 2PM?” her umma said. “De. He told me he could accompany me to Philippines.” AeLin said. “Hmm…well…appa!” she called out. “What?” OkRyo was at his room. “Come here for a moment.” AeEul said. “What is it?” her appa said.

            “AeLin wants to go to the Philippines next week, I told her none of us can go but NichKhun offered to go with her.” AeEul said. “NichKhun? Of 2PM?” his appa said. “De.” AeEul replied. “The one the little monster was crushing on?” OkHyun came. “OkHyun!” AeEul said and went to hug her son. “I’m back umma.” He said. “Shut up big monster.” AeLin said. “We thought you were out of the country and wouldn’t be back yet.” AeEul said. “We took a little break. We’ll be going back next week.” OkHyun said.

            “Well, NichKhun seems like a good person. Okay.” OkRyo said. “Really?” AeLin said. “De.” OkRyo said. “How about you umma?” AeLin said. “Well…since your appa said yes…then…okay. NichKhun is a good person. She’ll take care of you very well I know it.” Her umma said. “Good luck on that AeLin. You might faint a couple of times being with your crush.” OkHyun said. “He’s okay. He’s good looking too. I won’t have any problems with you getting it on with NichKhun shii.” Their appa said. “Appa!” she said.

            “De. You’re right. Our little AeLin is grown up now. Is NichKhun your choice?” AeEul said. “Well, he’s been my crush since 4 years ago. I don’t know.” AeLin said. “For what it’s worth I still like TaeMin to be with you.” OkHyun said then went upstairs. “Shut up! I don’t like him!” AeLin replied. Their parents just giggled. The next day AeLin went back to work. She was invited to several events that week. This time, she was separated with SHINee. She was free and independent.

            But then, even though that’s the case, Onew and MinHo still goes to her apartment 2 times a week whenever they can. And even though Onew and MinHo can’t come, 2PM is always there for her to go to. “Oppa!” AeLin said. She was on the phone in her apartment. “Donsaeng ah.” NichKhun replied. “Umma and appa, they agreed.” AeLin said. “Agreed?” NichKhun said. “They agreed on you going with me to Philippines.” AeLin replied. “That’s good!” NichKhun said.

            “AeLin! We need to go.” SaeKo called. “Oppa, I need to go.” AeLin said. “De. See you later okay? I’ll send you a message.” Khun replied. Then they both put down the phone. NichKhun just smiled. “Here’s my chance.” He thought. Then November passed and December came. Snow was all around by that time. AeLin had her SNSD unnies over a lot of times in her apartment. SHINee and 2PM were the regulars. 2AM also got close with AeLin specifically JoKwon and it seemed like she had a crush on JinWoon.

            She was the one who is connecting JYPE and SME together. The Wonder Girls were getting along with SNSD and DBSK. SuJu is getting along with 2PM and 2AM. SHINee is getting along with 2AM as well. Since it was almost already Christmas time SM Town had rehearsals to go through for theit Winter SMTown. It was the 2nd time AeLin was to take part of the Winter SMTown. It was already late at night that they were at the middle of rehearsing. SNSD was on with the rehearsing. The other groups were just relaxing and waiting for their turn.

In big concert halls like this AeLin would often wander off. Back when she 1st joined the SMTown concert in their rehearsals she went down under the stage and decided to play there. The next thing she knew the other groups were going frantic looking for her. She was scolded 2-3 times already every time they have the rehearsals. Even though she’s told off every year she doesn’t really much follow.

            Her SNSD unnie’s were doing Gee. She was at the back just staring at them. Then soon she decided to join in the dancing. “Look at her acting all cute.” TaeMin said. “She is cute.” MinHo said. “Yuck.” He said. Then soon Max joined in the dancing. Then the other DBSK members came. “That girl is the biggest thing that ever happened to the Korean music industry.” KyuHyun said. “She’s the daughter of official Sha OkRyo right? And JYPE official Sha AeEul.” RyeoWook said.

            “No wonder she’s close with 2PM.” HeeChul said. “Many fans are also teaming up. SM’s sales are going up too.” LeeTuk said. “I wish I had her as a sister.” KiBum said. Then the song ended and went to AeLin’s segment. She started with her song named ‘O.N.E’. O.N.E stands for Our New Experience. It has the same feel of Replay. “How come she became SHINee’s female version?” EunHyuk said. “She’s young, she’s got the moves, she has the voice, and SM is confident that she will rise up to shine as well.” KyuHyun answered.

            After the rehearsals they head back to their dorms. They rested and slept. AeLin slept over with SHINee since their dorm was closer. They woke up 8 am in the morning for work. There were 2 more days left before the concert. They worked hard and well and soon enough it was time for the concert. The SM family was backstage waiting for the start of the concert. DBSK was going first. They can hear the fans shouting the artists’ names and such. “This is a very big crowd.” AeLin said. “You nervous?” Max said. “De.” She answered.

            Max just smiled. “Fans of SMTown! Welcome to the Winter SMTown Concert of the year! First performers are the most famous group in Korea and in Asia! Dong Ban Shin Gi!” the announcer said. “That’s our cue.” Hero said. DBSK then went out on stage. The fans were screaing out loud. The others were watching from backstage. They can see Cassiopeia with their light sticks. “Wow…” AeLin said. “Cassiopeia almost took over half of the dome.” She added. “That’s the power of DBSK hyungs.” Onew said.

The concert went on and went to the point where it was time for SHINee to come out. “You’re going out next. Good luck.” Key said before going out on stage. “AeLin.” A familiar voice called. “Isak unnie!” AeLin replied. “How are you?” Isak said. “I’m fine, and you?” “I’m fine also. I haven’t seen you in a while.” Isak said. “I’ve been getting a little busy at times.” AeLin said. “You have grown already. You’re 18 now right?” Isak said. “De.” She replied. “A grown lady. I hope for your further success.” Isak said. “Kamsa hamnida unnie.” She bowed. Soon it was time for her stage appearance.

“Good luck.” The stage staff told her before going out. “I will.” She replied. “You remember her right? 4 years ago she was the newbie in Town. How can we forget? It’s Lin!” the announcer said. AeLin came to the stage. The fans grew wild. The stage was dark. Then the music started. She performed well and gave it her all. After that she went backstage. She was tired. She was walking around the place when Super Junior member RyeoWook called her attention. “AeLin ah, are you okay? What happenedto you?” RyeoWook said.

            AeLin looked at him. “Huh? What do you mean? Of course I’m okay.” AeLin replied. “Your hand is bleeding.” RyeoWook stood up and went to her. AeLin raised her right arm up and found a lot of blood on it. “What is this?” she said. “Come on let’s take you to the dressing room.” RyeoWook said. They happened to be passing by TaeMin on their way to the dressing room. “What is this? What happened?” TaeMin said upon seeing them. “Her hand is bleeding.” RyeoWook said.

            They went in the dressing room. No one was there. “Here’s some cloth. Press it down.” RyeoWook said, “Kamsa hamnida.” AeLin said. “Super Junior!” they heard the announcer call out. “Ommo, I need to go. TaeMin you stay here with her.” RyeoWook went out of the room and ran. TaeMin sat across AeLin. “What stupid thing did you do this time?” TaeMin said. “I don’t know, I just felt a little burning sensation then the next thing I knew RyeoWook oppa called my attention.” AeLin said.

It was a big wound compared to a usual wound on the hand. “Where did you get this anyways?” TaeMin said while wrapping the wound. “I think maybe when I was performing. I remembered bumping my hand into something sharp.” AeLin said. “You really are stupid.” TaeMin said. “There we go.” He finished the wrapping. “Wow…good job.” AeLin said. “Of course, I was the one that did it.” TaeMin said. “Kamsa hamnida.” AeLin said. “Don’t go soft with me you little devil.” TaeMin said.

            Then the concert ended and they all gathered back stage. “We did a great job SMTown! Let’s give ourselves a round of applause.” The director of the concert said. They all clapped and went to the dressing room. “What happened to your hand?” Onew said upon seeing her injury. “Huh? Uhm, it’s nothing.” AeLin replied. “Nothing? I can see blood from your costume.” Key said. “De. Uhm, I just bumped my hand into something sharp that’s all.” “During the performance?” JongHyun said. “De.” She answered. 

            “Be more careful next time okay?” MinHo said. “De. Sorry.” She replied. “Come on now, we’ll be going back.” YiBum said. YiBum said. They packed their things and said goodbye to their sunbaes and went to SHINee’s apartment. “It’ll be Christmas soon.” Onew said when they arrived. “Yeah I know, we’ll be going back to our families’ right?” AeLin said. “It just depends really. For us, it’ll be hard since we just released a new mini-album. We would be invited in a lot of Music Shows and stuff.” Key said.

            “This will be the 2nd Christmas we won’t be going back to our families.” JongHyun said. “How come I always went back to my family in Christmas?” AeLin said. “In your first year SM gave chance sine you’re just new. The following years you ended your promotions just in time for Christmas but it seems like this time you’re no exemption.” Key said. “I won’t be seeing my family this Christmas?” AeLin said disappointed. “I’m afraid not.” Onew said. “It’ll be okay AeLin; we’re here for you anyways.” SaeKo said.